Cheryl Klein, Tamora Pierce to Speak at Terminus

Mar 18, 2008

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

Terminus 2008, the Harry Potter conference in Chicago this August, announced today that Harry Potter continuity editor Cheryl Klein and fantasy author Tamora Pierce will be providing keynote addresses at their event.

Cheryl Klein, Senior Editor, Arthur A. Levine Books, who has worked on the last three Potter novels (Entertainment Weekly called her a “Potterologist”) will be giving a speech entitled “Potter Past: Lessons from the Harry Potter Series” on Friday, August 8. This will mark the first time a Potter editor has spoken at a Harry Potter conference.

Tamora Pierce, a successful young adult fantasy author, will present on “Potter Future: The Changng Face of Fantasy Literature,” on Sunday, August 10.

These presentations require an additional ticket, which includes the cost of a full meal. For more info, click here. To add a keynote ticket to your registration, log n and use the Change My Registration. Event ticket sales will open to the public on March 31, including tickets for Wrock Chicago and the Trade Winds Quidditch Tournament.

There will also be a live PotterCast at Terminus and many more events; stay tuned!

For more information, visit the conference’s site at terminus2008.org.

17 Responses to Cheryl Klein, Tamora Pierce to Speak at Terminus

Avatar Image says:

cool! i wish i was going to terminus! that would be so cool to hear!

Avatar Image says:

How many “T’s” does Hot Cheryl have now? Is it past 4 now? LoL. Good luck to her.

Avatar Image says:

Awww, I wish Terminus were Just a bit later in the year, then I would be in Chicago at school and I could go. Instead I’ll be at home :( I’m a big fan of Tamora Pierce and I really wish I could go see her speak. I wouldn’t want to miss Cheryl Klein either.

Avatar Image says:

yes! i love in chicago so gonna be ther! 4th?

Avatar Image says:

Wow! Tamora Pierce? I love her! She’s the one who really got me into fantasy before the P’s Stone became popular way back in the day!

I love Tamora Pierce! I just wish I could go :(

Avatar Image says:

OMG I LOVE TAMORA PIERCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is my 2nd fav author of couse next to Jo!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Lindsay: for me it was exactly the opposite. I read HP, and then discovered Tamora Pierce through HP. That was back in 99 I believe. I’d never even realized there was a fantasy genre, but after I read SS I did a search on amazon for books in the same genre and came up with Alanna: the First Adventure. I now own every single book she has ever written.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t know which person I want to hear more. I loved Tamora Pierce’s Protector of the Small series, and I’ve always enjoyed hearing Cheryl on Pottercast and the Scholastic Podcast she, Emerson, and Melissa did after HBP.

All I need to do now is make sure I’ve got enough in my paypal account to afford both tickets. I live in Chicago, I’m not missing this for the world!

Avatar Image says:

I already bought the ticket. I cannot wait!!

Avatar Image says:

Hmm… I can only afford to see one of the guests. Whom do you all think I should choose? This is the first time I’ve heard of Tamora Pierce, but her keynote topic sounds appealing to me. I’d love to see Cheryl’s present because of her close connection to the Harry Potter series and her wealth of behind-the-scenes knowledge, but this keynote topic seems to go from a writing style angle, which I’m not keen on.

Avatar Image says:

I’m going to Terminus but I don’t know who either of these people are and feel rather “eh” about about them being the BIG guest speakers. Especially since you have to pay extra to hear them. I hope there are some other “goodies” they can pull out for this event.

Avatar Image says:

Dang! Tamora Pierce is among my favorite authors (I used to reread her books religiously), and I’m sad I’m going to miss this!

Avatar Image says:

dang, i want to go so badly!!!! Of course I have no idea who these people are, but it sounds fun!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I love Tamora Pierce’s books too! She’s one of my favourite authors, but my favouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavouritefavourite author is still Jo!!!

I <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Harry Potter

Avatar Image says:

Tamora Pierce is a fantastic speaker! I saw her when she was in Toronto, singing copies of Trickster’s Queen. She surprised us all with her dry, sly humour!

Avatar Image says:

Tamora Pierce, sigh, I wish I could go too. Her two books (Trickster’s Choice and Trickster’s Queen) had an author’s note thanking JKR whose long books encouraged Tammy to make what would have been 4 books into just 2.

Write a Reply or Comment