New “Half-Blood Prince” Set Teaser Report Mentions Slughorn’s Christmas Party

113

Mar 25, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

A new “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” set teaser report has surfaced online, this from a Chilean magazine Wikén, that features new comments from actor Dan Radcliffe, director David Yates and producer David Barron. Our order partner Dan Radcliffe.com now has the full translation of the article, which mentions filming for Slughorn’s Christmas party where the new Potions Master holds “party in his room for a selected group of students. Slughorn walks from one group to another chatting with his guests, trying to gain his favourite students’ favour.”

The article describes the upcoming sixth Harry Potter film as such: “Against all expectations, the sixth installment of the saga will not be as dark as the previous one. In spite of the tragic end of Harry’s mentor, Dumbledore (Michael Gambon), the movie actually revolves around the awkward and comical romance between Harry and Ginny Weasley, sister of Harry’s best friend Ron (played by Bonnie Wright, who made her debut in the second installment).

Actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) is quoted as saying “It’s a complex story, it isn’t a simple romance because Harry is such a close friend of Ron’s, and Ginny is his sister, and Harry feels as if he’s walking on eggshells”. According to director David Yates, “the fifth [film] was pretty intense, but this one has more comedy in it (…) There are many subtleties in the relationship, and a lot of sexual and emotional tension.”

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince continues in production in England, and will be released in theaters on November 21. Thanks to DanRadcliffe.com!

135 Responses to New “Half-Blood Prince” Set Teaser Report Mentions Slughorn’s Christmas Party

First?

SWEET!!

Avatar Image says:

i meant ‘sweet’ as in relating to the article, set reports are good!!

Not about my being first…

Avatar Image says:

me curious… me want more pics and teaser trailer… now!

Avatar Image says:

Well, this movie should be darker than previous ones, seeing as the books get progressively darker. I’ll be disappointed if they spend too much time on the “comical romance.” That was not the main part of the book. Horcruxes? Voldemort’s past? Snape? Hello, people!

Avatar Image says:

I can’t read the last paragraph (formatting is all off for some reason), but that’s OK. The rest of this news is great! I’m sure they won’t focus entirely on the romance – bear in mind that news stories always say this sort of thing when they’re making these films, but the films end up not being like that really at all. I think they’ll do justice to the “important” story, and line it up quite nicely for the 7th & 8th films.

Can’t wait to see it on the big screen! :D

Avatar Image says:

Bonnie Wright wasn’t in Philosophers stone?

Avatar Image says:

Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Revolve around the Harry/Ginny relationship?! Sorry but when you’re favorite character is Draco Malfoy it’s hard to take that book like a comedy.. Ah well, I trust everybody involved in the HP films and I’m sure that it’s going to be amazing, but still… I hate when they describe HBP as comedian!

Avatar Image says:

Bonnie actually WAS in the first movie, but only briefly at the train station. I guess they forgot about her. :\

Avatar Image says:

I didn’t find the 6th book really dark, yes there are dark moments, but overall, it was not as dark as the 5th one.

Avatar Image says:

I agree wih Sindie…there are other important connotetions in the movie… like voldemort’s life I also think that Yates must talk about it a little more….

anyway I love romance so i hope they do it just as the book (i hope so).

Avatar Image says:

I think they are making the promotion around the Ginny/Harry relationship like they made it with the kiss for GOF.

Don’t worry the movie will be dark, it has to be, with some light moments through the story (like GOF).

The way the article describe the story is not very accurate (“Against all expectations”, ???). And they are wrong, Bonnie was already present in the first movie !

Avatar Image says:

Ok I enjoyed reading that but it irked me… Bonnie was in the first movie and they got that wrong… I know it’s a small detail but COME ON!

I like set reports too… I also enjoy set pictures, teaser video’s and trailer’s too… And as a R/Hr fan I’m looking forward to hearing move about that part of the film…

Can’t believe we have to wait until November!!!! The excitment is already building… Don’t know if I’ll be able to communicate by the films realise date!!!

Avatar Image says:

trailer please as far as the Christmas party as long as they keep slughorn “scooping snape out of thin air” in there i’m happy

Avatar Image says:

(crosses fingers before reading) I hope Draco’s gatecrashing bit is in there…

Avatar Image says:

NEWS! Yay! It feels like we haven’t been hearing much about this movie at all so I’ll take whatever I can get! Can’t wait to see Slughorn! ;)

SQUEES Harry/Ginny info! Exciting! I doubt the whole movie is going to focus on them but I still hope they get a decent set-up. WB kind of ignored it in the fifth one so they have some ground to make up. I CANNOT wait for this movie! WB, please if you’re reading, release some movie stills!

Avatar Image says:

I found HBP to be the funniest book of all seven, so I’m glad the movie seems to reflect that. OotP was the darkest book of them all to me.

Avatar Image says:

For Ootp the first poster and trailer were released at the end of november for a release in july, so around 7 or 8 months before the national release.

So according to this schedule we should expect a first trailer in april or may !!!

(And after reading…)

Hahaha. OH GOD. I do hope this H/G focus is just conjecture on the part of the reporter… I agree wholeheartedly with Felicia, When you relate to Draco more, HBP seems like a tragedy the whole way through.

Avatar Image says:

Speed Racer (released on may 9th by WB) is a good candidate to welcolme the first trailer !

Avatar Image says:

Well, my worst fears seem to be confirmed….the movie is revolving around the romance, of course.

Ever since DH, everything about Harry Potter seems to be falling apart for me. I feel like I’ve lost a friend or something…

Avatar Image says:

“Jim Broadbent, known by supporting roles in classic movies such as “Brazil and “Richard the Third”

Jim Broadbent is one of those actors that have been in many great films but I think he is better known for his performances in Moulin Rouge, the Bridget Jones movies and Iris (which he won an Oscar for).

He was so good in Moulin Rouge I didn’t even know it was him until I got home and looked up the cast. I’m so glad he’s in HBP.

Avatar Image says:

I am really looking forward to this movie since it is mainly set at Hogwarts and it will be the last one like that. I can really understand why Harry thinks of it as home. So, you guys (yes, I’m a yankee from IL) think there will be a trailer next month or the month after??? I can hardly wait!!!! I loved the scene of the DA flying on the thestrals in the OOTP trailer. That scene definately made me anxious for the movie so I am curious on what the HBP trailer will be like.

Avatar Image says:

Wow this is all so exciting!! I’m glad this film’s going to be less tense and more light-hearted than OotP. I seriously cannot wait for a teaser trailer – I hope remipau is right and there will be one as soon as next month =D

Avatar Image says:

Oh that’s awesomely exciting!!!! I really doubt though that it will solely focus on the romance since there are so many other important things in there. Anyways, I love Harry and Ginny so I’m really looking forward to it, and I do think they set it up in OotP what with all Ginny’s looks at Harry and even Harry’s approving look when she does the ‘reducto’ ... there’s a lot more Harry/Ginny in the OotP movie than there is in the book, so I’m not worried at all about the set up for this movie.

And as for Draco, well of course his role in the book is tragic: he takes on far more than he can handle and suffers for it, but these movies are paring things down and focussing more on Harry and his story. They have to because of time constraints. But I’d say there’ll be plenty of Draco-ness to enjoy simply because Harry is so focussed on him in the main storyline. I trust WB and Yates and what they’ve done so far, so I expect that this one will be fine too :) And when you actually look at the books, HBP is much funnier and less dark than OotP so I’m not surprised people are saying that it’s a funnier movie.

Avatar Image says:

Harry and Ginny is important because it is such a stark contrast to the loneliness of DH. HBP is the only book where Harry is blissfully happy at many points, but the undertones are so sinister that we know something bad is going to happen soon. From “Sectumsempra” on it’s like BOOM! Action!...

Honestly, Draco and Snape are the base of the whole PLOT, they wouldn’t change it that much. Stop worrying. They’ve already got a description of figurines too! Draco (in a SUIT) and Snape are together in a duo pack! Ginny has a broom! Ron and Harry are a duo in Quidditch robes! Obviously these are the main people in the story, and it seems like the most-needed plotlines haven’t been ruled out! :))

Avatar Image says:

Its not a tragedy the whole way. Its quite light compared to OOTP. It has its dark moments (the second chapter, the necklace, the poisioning, sectum sempra and the cave/death scene come to mind).

But mostly its pretty tame fare…Harry isnt so much brooding this time as obsessive.

Avatar Image says:

After re-watching several movies with Jim Broadbent - Moulin Rouge, Bridget Jones’ Diary, Hot Fuzz - I can’t WAIT for his debut as Slughorn!

I really think that he’ll be perfect . . . a great casting choice!

Avatar Image says:

P.S: Darn it, I forgot about that - line thing -. !!!! It wasn’t meant to be crossed out.

Avatar Image says:

Good report. Libby- where did you hear about the figurines?

Avatar Image says:

djm19- I guess so… But is Harry’s obsessiveness “light hearted”? (thinks) Actually, It is pretty funny when He’s taking out his frustrations on the door to the RoR… And when he hits on Girl!Goyle. lol. Okay, you have me partially sold on that… I just really want this film to be good. (with lots of frustrated!Draco) hehe.

Avatar Image says:

Good report. Libby- where did you hear about the figurines?

Avatar Image says:

I’ve read HBP more than any of the other books (it’s my favorite of the series), and I have to say… I can’t see what all the complaining is. The majority of the book is romance and comedy. The Pensieve stuff, the Malfoy stuff, and all of that is relatively small in the actual book. Harry obsesses over Draco, yes, but that’s not the whole book. Draco and Snape are actually seen VERY little in the book. They’re just working in the background or mentioned quite a bit. And the Voldemort background can be done pretty quickly, as it gets done with pretty fast in the book before DD sets Harry up to get the memory from Slughorn, which he keeps putting off due to girls and Draco, who he barely sees physically. So yeah… I can see why they’re focusing on the comedy/relationship stuff for a lot of the interviews, because it’s a HUGE chunk of this book. It’s actually not a very dark book (with a few key scene exceptions) until the very very end.

Avatar Image says:

Nurlomum, do you really think there was more Harry/Ginny in the Ootp movie than the book? LOL I’d say the opposite is true! They cut most of Ginny’s moments from the movie version including most of her interaction with Harry. I’m excited to see Harry/Ginny actually interact in the movies! I think the last scene they had alone together in the films was in the Chamber in CoS!! Isn’t that insane? HBP can’t come quick enough for me!

Plus, people should not be worried about Draco and Snape. Remember Draco and Snape did some on-location filming at Gloucester Cathedral not too long ago? Lots of people believe they filmed the part where Harry eavesdrops on Snape/Draco talking in a corridor there which is supposed to take place during Slughorn’s Christmas party. Just because the media is focusing more on the romance doesn’t mean the romance is going to be the main focus. Though I do hope the romances get a decent focus because HBP was the shippiest of the books and I really loved those parts too! :)

Libby, you said it best!

Avatar Image says:

I think they’re just promoting it like this. Remember how crazy reporters were over Harry having his first kiss in OOTP? Well, not only does he kiss in this one, he gets his first girlfriend (I don’t count Cho, particularly in the movie). Besides, I think I heard somewhere (could be wrong) that Ginny will be helping Harry spy on Draco. This will help the audience get to know her better and keep the Draco part of the story going.

HBP was the shippiest of the books Posted by Ivy

But this means more Draco too. I mean, the Myrtle/Draco content was through the roof! Heck, Draco/Harry. Draco/Everyone in this book including Kreature. (can you tell how depraved I am in my Draco-worship?)

My God !

It should be very dark – we have the Voldemort back story, Draco’s descent into his dark role, attempted and then actual murder of Dumbledore.

Sorry -Have I missed something ?

Avatar Image says:

You know, I don’t think I’m going to want to sit in a theater for 2 hours watching Harry and Ginny being awkward. Yeah, it was a subplot in the books but there could be a lot more interesting things from the book in this movie than LOLZ ROMANTIC COMEDY. Bad, BAD, move.

Avatar Image says:

I wouldnt call Harry’s obsessiveness light hearted. Certainly its serious to him…but he doesnt put up too much of a fight even after his friends blow his ideas off. With DD he did get a little angry…IMO, they wont show Harry following draco’s movements too much. They might show him looking suspcious of draco, talking to others about draco, but not spend any time in serious pursuit.

Avatar Image says:

Yes, We could be watching something more interesting, like Harry stalking Draco around the school (nods)

Avatar Image says:

ARGH! And I thought OoTP had too much comedy as it was…. I can’t believe we’re stuck with Yates for 3 more films… :*(

Avatar Image says:

You think so djm19? Ah, that would be a shame (is seriously considers boycotting)

YAY!!!!!! I CANNOT wait to see the kiss scene! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE

Avatar Image says:

People, quit freaking out about Draco. The official summary mentioned the romances, but at the end it also mentioned Draco. The romances will be a big focus in the film, I have no doubt, but the Draco plot will be something occupying Harry’s thoughts throughout as well.

I’m excited about the romances though. I really liked it in the book. I’m glad they’re keeping in Harry’s worry over Ron being Ginny’s sister.

Avatar Image says:

The thing about the fifth book is how irritated and depressed Harry is through the whole thing. I’m glad Yates passed by a lot of that because it wouldn’t translate well for those who hadn’t read the book. The sixth movie should be a bit more lighthearted in parts to balance the finale and to remind us as JKR did so eloquently, that despite the tragedies of war, life does go on.

Avatar Image says:

Blech. Romance. Focus on the horcrux hunt and the Voldemort back story.

Avatar Image says:

You think so, djm19? Ah, what a shame… (considers not seeing HBP) >_< (knows that she couldn’t stand that)...

Avatar Image says:

Well, I personally would NOT mind a 2-hour long movie about H/G. lol ;) HOWEVER, I doubt that’s what this will be. They have discussed the different aspects of the movie in different articles. This one is just focusing on this specific bit. Doesn’t mean the entire movie will revolve around it. We know Voldemort’s memories will be there, Slughorn is there, horcruxes are there, the cave scenes will be there, Draco cursing Harry on the train was in the sneak peek, they filmed stuff with Draco and Snape at the cathedral. Narcissa was cast so we can safely assume the Spinners End scene will be there, ETC. I don’t understand the hysteria, honestly!

Avatar Image says:

Okay so you know in Princess Diaries where Mia see the two popular kids kissing, and she imagines the guy is kissing her and there is music playing and she has this really stupid look on her face? That is how I picture the moment when Harry comes upon Ginny and Dean Kissing. Music playing in Harry’s head that comes to a screaching halt once Ron brings him to reality. I really hope they keep that scene….and do it justice, haha

Avatar Image says:

I enjoyed reading Harry’s inner conflict about fancying Ginny in HBP. I certainly want it to be in the film, I’m just a bit worried at how much attention Yates and co, are spending on it. I just hope it’s just the media getting a bit carried away with it, like they did with OotP. All you ever heard about was Harry’s first kiss, during the build up of the film before it’s release. I certainly hope they don’t regard Voldy’s past as a sub-plot.

Avatar Image says:

““the movie actually revolves around the awkward and comical romance between Harry and Ginny Weasley”

oh how bloody fantastic. sarcasm. seriously, if they some how turn HBP into nothing but a soppy H/G soap opera i will be SO SO SO disappointed.”

Seriously, there will of course be all the darker stuff. The plot won’t work for DH without Draco’s mission, Snape’s loyalties being questioned, DD’s injury, the DEs getting into the school, Voldemort’s past etc etc … but you can’t deny that a large part of this book revolves around teen hormones. They can’t make it juts a teen soap opera because of the important set up for DH, so I think people are panicking unneccessarily.

And to whoever asked about the Harry/Ginny in the movie compared to the book (possibly Ivy): yes I do believe there is more relationship stuff between them in the movie than the book. In the book he’s focussed on Cho and she’s with Michael Corner … in the movie every scene the two of them are in Ginny spends staring at Harry. It’s obvious, even if the two of them don’t actually talk a lot, that she is massively into him. They may have no scenes alone together in OotP, but the point is still very much made that this is the pairing that is coming, much more so than is made in the book.

Avatar Image says:

Let’s just hope this is just the media running away with the romantic storyline. Kind of like they did with OotP, when all they talked about was Harry’s first kiss. I hope Voldemort’s past doesn’t become some sort of sub-plot.

Avatar Image says:

I’m still really shocked that we haven’t seen more images yet. I was sure we’d be bombarded with movie stills this week. Come on WB! We all know deep down that the teaser will be released May 9, so you’d think they would start promoting it now?

Avatar Image says:

I sent them an email about the Bonnie Wright mistake – hopefully they’ll fix it in the online version of the article!

I think the print version already went out. It’s a special weekend insert that gets distributed with Chile’s main newspaper.

Avatar Image says:

I absolutely LOVE Harry/Ginny, but even I don’t want the whole movie to revolve around their romance. I agree that the book is not as dark as OotP, at least to me it isn’t, but there are still important things in it that NEED to be covered for the two DH movies to even make sense at all (Draco, Voldemort’s past, Horcruxes), so I hope they are including those bits and doing them well enough. That being said and drawing on the publicity that was done for OotP, it sort of seems that the they’re using the H/G just to promote the movie.

Avatar Image says:

Its not supposed to be as dark. The sixth book is actually lighter that 5 and 7 except for the end and the memories, most of the book is about school and their lives…kinda…

me curious… me want more pics and teaser trailer… now!

Posted by Redbeard on March 25, 2008 @ 04:34 PM YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN!!!

Live, Love, Harry Potter!!

Avatar Image says:

Sheesh, could some of you be any more rash in your complaining? Chill. out!! HBP IS the most light-hearted book. H/G IS a good portion of the book, it WILL be in this movie more than H/C was in OOTP. Plus the article even said that this one will still have darkness and action and magic, if you bothered to read the whole thing. they didn’t say the whole movie is Harry and Ginny making googly-eyes at each other- that just isn’t… logical. Don’t worry guys, I’m pretty sure they’re not going to cut out DD’s death, you’ll have some great darkness there. * sarcasm *

Sorry for being harsh, but it just really gets to me when people act like such negative-nancies. Would it really be so bad if there was more romance and comedy in this?? I don’t think so, and I am also pretty confident that there will be the proper amount of seriousness and action, based on Yates past comments and the leaked bits of script. Anyways, still eager for more movie news. Ciao!

Avatar Image says:

awsome! can’t wait for more pics.

Avatar Image says:

i wonder how the scenes with harry and dumbledore r gonna look and feel when hes teaching harry bout the dark lord’s past. and what it will look like with the scene when harry obtains the memory from professor slughorn. that should have sum mystery for the movie

Avatar Image says:

All I can say is, people jump to conclusions way too damn quickly.

If you THINK you’re going to be disappointed, then don’t go. I wouldn’t want you there, because you may be the ones to groan and complain in the theater when I’m trying to watch. One of my biggest pet peeves, that is.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, Bonnie Wright definitely showed up as Ginny at King’s Cross in the Philosopher’s/Sorcerer’s Stone film. Why would they say she made her debut in #2?

Avatar Image says:

i diddnt think that harry and ginny were awkward around each other….... i thought they were good around each other.. o well just my opinion

Avatar Image says:

I actually love this bit of news…. I’ve been a Ginny Weasley freak since the first book. So I’m really happy they r giving her space on this movie.

I don’t understand why people complains so much about the romantic aspect of the movie…. I mean the entire series is about LOVE…. r u gonna complain also when they r gonna have the love story between snape and lily? I really don’t get it!!!!

I must have read the wrong books!!!!! Because I really think that Harry’s love life plays a big role!!!

Avatar Image says:

the better make this movie better than the last one…..the last one was crap….they missed all the good bits.

Avatar Image says:

It’s not the romantic aspect people are complaining about – it’s the notion that it’s an `awkward romance’ and the whole things going to be made into a gag. OOTP already covered that ground with Harry’s romance with Cho Chang. Harry’s romance with Ginny was strong and real. They’re not kids with silly crushes anymore. It’d be a shame if the movie portrayed them that way.

The idea that HBP is supposed to be light and funny just baffles me, it seems to miss the point. The whole book is about recognising the dark side of people and things. There’s not much that’s very funny in that!

Avatar Image says:

Soudns like Ginny will be the new Hermione? lol I just hope that this “romance” between Harry and Ginny doesn’t detract from the main plot. I can see why they’re embracing this area of the plot from a movie POV, but as far as the true storyline goes—it was very much a backdrop to what was really important to HBP. Ginny doesn’t even appear that much in DH anyhow. I want to see the Trio’s growth more than Harry’s hormonal growth, please. ^_~

Avatar Image says:

This movie is going to be a fan ficers dream. All romance, funny moments and most importantly, tension! In all seriousness, I think this movie is going to throw the “non hardcore fans” off track. Their used to Harry in deep despair, but not this book. I admit I was tossed after reading this book at first. I was used to Harrys depressiona and ainx, but HBP gave me a moment to remember, “Hey, were dealing with teenagers and they have normal teenage feelings.”

This movie is going to ROCK!

Avatar Image says:

@ Raveclawed – Thank you, and I COMPLETELY agree. It’s one thing when people complain about every tiny detail—but this is by no means a tiny detail. This definitely isn’t the first time we’ve heard that the main theme of the film is going to be a silly and awkward romance between Harry and Ginny. If that’s true, then fans have every right to be concerned.

Avatar Image says:

oh my god, go back and read the book, people. its not as dark as ootp. its kind of on a par with GOF. theres a dark undercurrent that fleshes out in the finale – and seriously, do we still have doubts that yates won’t bring home the cave scene and the first hogwarts battle? he proved himself with the dept of mysteries stuff. it made you not want the movie to end.

Avatar Image says:

People are overreacting. Of course the romance/comedy aspects aren’t the most important plot points… but in unlike the other books, HBP is a lot lighter in regards to what Harry’s going through, Ron/Lavender, (for the most part) Slughorn, and Harry/Ginny.

Saying that it’s the lightest is true but probably going to be exaggerated due to marketing. From a marketing standpoint they can’t very well come out and say “Dumbledore dies and Snape kills him!” or “Draco Malfoy is heading an underground scheme to invade Hogwarts for Voldemort!” as it would be giving away things that are supposed to surprise the audience…

Avatar Image says:

I’m sorry for those who feel concerned. I really believe the action WILL be there, and no way in hell will the movie be ‘light and fluffy’ the whole time b/c of H/G, I really don’t believe that, and that is not at all the way I took the article.

And, sorry, but I think Harry’s drama about getting together with Ginny WAS a little bit awkward and silly in the beginning- and I really enjoyed it!! And OF COURSE Harry’s romance with Ginny was strong and real [they did get married after all, ;) ], but, on the way there- they were just acting like normal teenagers. Harry’s chest monster, his ‘dreams’ about Ginny- it was fun for the reader, and it didn’t take away from the seriousness about Horcruxes and Voldemort. From what I’ve heard from Yates and the rest of the movie team, I am confident that the ‘darkness’ and ‘action’ will NOT be played down and that the movie WON’T be teen-ified. I really feel that Yates, so far, ‘gets’ the mood of the movie.

But, maybe I’m too optimistic, who knows. :)

Avatar Image says:

I hope they don’t leave Tom’s bits on the cutting-room floor! (Pun intended!)

Seriously, I loved the Draco storyline in HBP and Snape…how boring if it’s just another teen romance movie. In that case they might as well not even be at Hogwarts in the first place. They could be at Beverly Hills High.

And Tom Riddle! To me, these are the parts of the books I really enjoyed finding out about, that world.

And I hope they don’t leave Myrtle out either! She’s hilarious. Shirley is a fabulous actress.

Avatar Image says:

The movie is going to have a fair bit of comedy. It’s actually going to be fun to see some of the comedy because none of the films have had this kind of stuff before, and I’m really eager to see how Dan, Rupert, Emma and Bonnie are going to pull it off!

And I don’t they’ll forget about the horcruxes and Voldemort, I mean, that’s the main plot of HBP. All this stuff is sort of like to lighten things, and to remind us that despite everything, Harry is still a school-going teenager. This is definitely going to be one of the best films of the series, I just have this really strong feeling about it!! Can’t wait for more! :-)

Avatar Image says:

Harry and Ginny’s relationship itself isnt awkward. Dan mentioned Ginny is Ron’s sister so Harry’s sort of having to ‘walk on eggshells’ because he doesn’t think Ron would approve of Harry setting his sights on Ginny and that makes it an awkward situation.

Avatar Image says:

Heh heh, I much prefer harry/ginny than ron/hermione- i think the emphasis needs to be put on Harry’s story more, especially since Ginny has had little to nothing to do int he movies so far. I didn’t think it was Draco’s story so much as the sixth book seemed to be all flashback and romance. I do hope they show the h/g thing- they really need to develop it into something believable.

Avatar Image says:

Hmm. I’m personally, really, really, not liking the idea that it will revolve around romance – but I’ll reserve my judgment until the film comes out, I guess.

Avatar Image says:

But the romance was a bit “awkward” in the beginning. I mean, Harry was confused and he was feeling a bit queasy (sp.?) about the whole thing, considering Ron is his best friend. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t a strong attraction and romance. I mean, as Leggers said, Harry and Ginny did end up happyli married. But when you’re a teenager, all romances start out in that cute way, and that’s just the way it is. I mean, it wouldn’t have been very real if they showed Harry and Ginny in some grand romance because that isnt real.

i think there will be a fair bit of comedy in the movie, but majority of the scenes will feature Tom and the horcruxes. It’s just that they’re filming a lot of Harry-Ginny scenes these days so we get to hear more about that. ;-)

Avatar Image says:

Folks, notice that the statement of “the movie actually revolves around the awkward and comical romance between Harry and Ginny Weasley” comes not from anyone involved with the films, but the journalist who wrote this article. As far as the mainstream audience is concerned this is the only thing that distinguishes the movie from the others (though we know different). Don’t start hating it just yet. The fact that they’ve cast Narcissa shows that Spinner’s End will be in, which means that Draco’s plot will be in as well. They’ve filmed the cave scene and DD’s death. There will be the Ron/Hermione/Lavender triangle. I hope there will be Ron’s poisoning because I think it will really make the danger hit home for those cynical viewers out there.

Anyway, if to get people in the seats in the theater who aren’t that interested in the “same old HP movie” they have to really push the thing that is really different about it, so be it. “This one’s darker” has gotten a bit old and lost its meaning. Of course we know this one is plenty dark. Won’t it be more shocking to the general audience to know that their romantic comedy has zombies, death, poisoning, and their little hero almost killing someone by accident? Personally, I think a great deal of the movie-only audience needs a wake up call. That way they won’t be so shocked when DH comes around.

Avatar Image says:

This is awesome!! I can’t wait for the film! I have a strange happy feeling it will be the best and truly follow the book!

Avatar Image says:

In an ever changing world, it’s comforting to know you can always rely on Harry Potter fans to overreact to any bit of news that comes out about the films.

As someone pointed out earlier, the “revolves around” comment comes from the person writing the story, not Yates or Dan, even though there comments acknowledge that the relationship will be important in the movie, as it should be as it is one of the choices that Harry makes that sets him apart from Voldemort and the choices he made.

I suspect from the comments from Dan and David Yates that just as the relationship between Harry and his godfather Sirius was the emotional centre of OOTP, Harry’s developing relationship with the girl who will one day be his wife will be the emotional centre of HBP. That doesn’t mean it is going to take centre stage away from Harry and Dumbledore’s lessons, Draco’s secret and the actions of Snape. There has been enough little bits of information leaking out about the film that we know these other parts of the story are being included.

As to those people who say HBP wasn’t light hearted, I would suggest a re-read .The book was very light-hearted for much of the first 2/3 of the book, it was the final third of the film where the pace picked up and the tone darkened.

Avatar Image says:

Well, as a huge Snape/Alan Rickman fan, I was so hoping that in this film he might get more that his usual 5 minutes of screen time, but I doubt that he will.

Avatar Image says:

The Potter books are never just all dark or all light. They’ve got lots of both and so do the better HP films. OoTP was one oppressive, dull, laugh-free film and now Yates is overcompensating on HBP. He sold it as a “sex, drugs and rock’n’roll” film from the start [Heyman: “no drugs”] but this stuff is just one small aspect of the story. It’s actually a complex and difficult project that doesn’t reduce to soundbites easily. So is DH.

It’s sad to think that the filmmakers were stuck with Yates for DH because no other respectable director would touch a two-part movie. Cuaron and Newell already know that good films don’t last six hours, unlike Yates who probably still can’t believe his luck in landing the job. You can bet that Yates wasn’t first or second on the wishlist.

Avatar Image says:

I love the entire Harry/Ginny thing, and can’t wait to hear from Dan and Bonnie about how they liked it. Also, there is so much bad stuff that happened in OotP, and such dark and frightening revalations revealed in HBP, that a little comic relief is called for. The hardest moment for a weak-kneed romantic like me will be after Dumbledore’s funeral, when Harry ends the relationship with Ginny - a lot of good that did him :) But I am waiting, not patiently, but waiting for the darkness and light, the happiness and the pain this movie is sure to bring to us all, no matter who we like best. There is tragedy and comedy surrounding them all. Heh, Draco making Crabbe and Goyle drink polyjuice potion and turn into little girls…..what a stroke of geniuous Draco!

Avatar Image says:

I am getting a little tired of some of the Yates bashing that goes on, especially from those whose only experience of his fine body of work is OOTP, and most of their opinions of that film (and I mean most not all) seem to be coloured by which part of the book they liked that was left out, or that he didn’t film an overly bloated film like some other blockbusters I could mention last year (coughPiratescough).

You may not like all the choices he made in OOTP, but that does not make him a hack. He is a respected and respectable director, widely praised for his very high quality television work (State of Play has been praised by many as one of the greatest miniseries ever). Just because he has worked in high quality TV doesn’t make him a lesser director.

Many British directors work in both TV and film, same as British actors, there isn’t the same snobbery as there can sometimes be in the US, although that seems to be changing as the quality of TV drama in the US goes through a revival. I tend to agree with George Clooney’s recent comment that much of the interesting work is going on in TV drama these days, not film.

Just because you may not like the fact that he got the gig for DH over some you like or that the final film is split in two (something I am still on the fence about myself) doesn’t mean David Yates was last on their list of directors for the film, in fact, for the cast, it sounds like he was their first choice.

Avatar Image says:

the movie revolves around harry and ginny’s relationship spells “disaster.”

puhlese! i swear this pairing looks like it’s been forced into the story.

there’s more substance to that! gahd! this is just disappointing…

Avatar Image says:

there is not any thing disastrous about harry and ginny’s relationship. well i agree there are more important things and i hope they menton it.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with gilyweed above. Please back off people. David Yates will do fine.

But on another – more important – matter: I first read this report on HPANA yesterday. My first thought was, “if this person can publish a teaser report of his visit to the set, why can’t Melissa, John and Sue?. . . “

Hey guys, you know we love you, but not once to my knowledge have we ever gotten a set report, dating back to POA! We are SO glad you can go over there and see what’s going on, but after the embargo is lifted, couldn’t you just share what you’ve seen, heard and done with us . . . ? :-(

Avatar Image says:

”..revolves around the awkward and comical romance between Harry and Ginny.”

“Alot of emotional and sexual tension”

YES. YES. YES.

SO PUMPED.

Avatar Image says:

Mr Clovis had better not have ruined my most anticipated film of the set!!!!!!!!!!!! Why did he have to come back as script writer. I’m going to be nervous for the next 8 months now…

Avatar Image says:

I think by seeing the 5th film directed by Yates gives us hope that he won’t screw the up 6 7:part 1 and 7:part 2

Avatar Image says:

@Sindie: Someone may have already addressed this, but I believe that Deathly Hallows is more concerned with that side of things. The only “dark” thing, I’ve read [having just re-read HPB] is Tom Riddle’s “history”. They only find one “Horcrux”, at the end. DH is the book that follows the finding of the other 6. I think it’s good to take on the Harry/Ginny/Ron/Hermoine angle. It kind of co-exists with the “Draco Malfoy is up to something”...leading into Dumbledore’s tragic end. This movie, IMHO, is the “lead up” to the climax. I find it following the natural progression of the stories as told through the movies. Again, JMHO.

Avatar Image says:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about how they feel about this movie coming up…that said, I’m totally thrilled that Harry/Ginny is going to be a main focus and I’m just as excited Yates is coming back. I was not a fan of OOTP book, and he made the movie my favorite.HBP is my favorite of the series mainly due to the relationship factor and the comedic moments. To each his own you know?

Avatar Image says:

1. I agree with ‘gillyweed’: Lay off David Yates, folks. He did marvelously, on OoTP [as evidenced by the numerous awards and such…the directing has quite a bit to do with that] 2. Don’t get your “panties in a wad” over Melissa and co’s not doing “set reports”...we’ll all see, soon enough.[BTW, Melissa and Co: thank you for the great job you do, on all things ‘Harry Potter’] JMHO

Avatar Image says:

very well said Gillyweed, especially re snobbery towards TV directors. TV is often the best place for British directors to make their mark, with us having very little film industry, so they tend to be pretty good at their job.

HBP: I found the book too much based on teenage relationship angst, which is why it is one of my least favourite. I enjoyed it only from about Christmas onwards when it concentrated more on horcruxes and the cave etc. So if the film is ‘shippy’ for the first half and then gets down to business in the second then it will be true to the book from my perspective.

But I actually have very high hopes that this film will be more enjoyable for me than the book, retaining the humour of the ‘shipping’ but not going on overlong with the relationships, and getting down to proper business much quicker.

sorry if that’s garbled, am at work, have to hurry.

Posted by gilyweed on March 26, 2008 @ 04:08 AM

I am with you on this Gilyweed re-read the book people it is a funny romantic book at some points. I found HBP to be very funny and there are a lot of relationships issues in the book so why not in the movies. This book is a great balance of light/funny and dark so to me I am glad they seem to be including both aspects into the film.

I love how every time there is a post about the movies so many people over react. Like someone else said earlier in a post,  it is a teaser interview/statement and they are not going to give away who the HBP is or the fact that he kills the headmaster to those who are movie fans only. WB is not going to cater the teasers to the book fans we already know what is going to happen so they have to work it from an angel that keeps all those wow moments for the film fans. Having the actors and producers etc.. concentrating on the romance and comedy for the early interviews is safe like they did for OOTP with Cho
Avatar Image says:

Sorry, don’t know why my post went crazy like that.

Avatar Image says:

Calm down everyone. There is always going to be parts of a movie that some like and others do not. Can’t we all be thankful for any Harry Potter movie? I mean LOVE IT or HATE IT, it is still HP and I’m looking forward to it.

Avatar Image says:

I think it’s excellent! I love the more ‘daily’ stuff all the books, like school work, all that sort. Them going to classes, y’know what I mean. So I’m really looking forward to this! I think it’ll be great with the Harry/Ginny relationship evolving. And, it’s also obvious that it won’t be so dark, because the entire setting in the sixth book, isn’t particularly dark. And, apart from the part with Dumbledore, it isn’t sad, and you aren’t annoyed as often, as with Umbridge! Which really settled the mood.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Gilyweed. Lay off Yates peoples. What is the use in moaning? Personally HBP is my favourite and from everything I’ve heard, seen ect it sounds like the film is pretty much following the book. Yes Ginny/Harry relationship is going to be a big part of the film because it was important to the story. Because of this relationship there are moments in the book when Harry is truly happy, whats not to like about that? I think the film will be the best yet! And if I’m wrong who cares, there’s always Deathly Hallows (1 & 2)!

Avatar Image says:

I hope that they include the part where Luna tells about the fang rot

Avatar Image says:

I also think that this book was more light hearted so i am glad they are sticking to that in the film. Of course they aren’t going to forget about the more serious plot so stop worrying. Personally i have faith that Yates is going to pull this off well.

Avatar Image says:

Oh no… I wanted a dark movie, but somehow I don’t think that angsty-acting is, for example, Emma Watson’s thing. Really. I don’t. Really!

And if they call it humor that Harry happens to drop pumpkin juice in his lap once in a while… well… UH! Please! Dop something out of this movie… and don’t destroy it as you did with OotP! And please do SOMETHING to Dan’s hair!

Avatar Image says:

DUDE! I hope this isnt true. Romance? Are you serious? With all these reports it seems to look like romantic comedy like 13 going on 30 types. ew. This HARRY POTTER people. It has GOT to be dark. please.

If Yates does this to HBP, I’ll send him a curse once I find a big enough envelope ;)

*SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AHEAD

errrrrrrr….... im slightly having misgivings about this film already…....... i mean, the half blood prince to me is very dark- with volemorts past, all the horcrux stuff with dumbledore and harry trying to get the info out of slughorn> plus the escalating violence between harry n draco- and all the attempts from draco to kill dumbledore…..... er katie bells being torchered by that spell on the locket- the mead from rosmerta that nearlt did in ron!!!> plus the whole inferi scene in the cave with dumbledore and the whole unbreakable vow with narcissa n snape…... which to me is veryyyyyyyyyyyy dark indead- and the eventually breakdown of draco at the end with the crying in the bathroom and sectumsempra and how he didnt have it in him to kill…...... thats what made me realise draco was not all that bad- he was a arse to harry and that but when it came to it he wasnt a killer and wasnt at all like lucius in that way!.

plus all the background for vold- his drefull upbringing in that orfanage- the moment that smith sees the evil in him in his eyes and the hunger for the treasure of hufflepuff….......... and how she dismisses it!.

AND all the fact that draco let in the deatheaters and grayback into the school and the school having the dark mark over it and the fact the snape does dumbledore in and the effect of that at the end that spurs harry on to continue going on and fighting till the good fights over in the next book!.

soooo weres all that??> the book isnt a romcom- well for me it isnt, the romances and all that crap is secondry for me…..... and yates it doesnt seem to me that hes got the whole theme of the book at all???.

very dissapointing to me at the moment. whatever- ill hope for a good film anyways :(

Avatar Image says:

Yes HBP does have a fair bit of humor. May I remind everyone of Ron’s chemical love for Romilda Vane hehe ( I liked the bit of slapstick in Slughorns office, before it got serious) I would never look down on Yates past work as a tv director. I’m a student director, and I would certainly love to direct for the BBC. Plenty of talented British directors have directed for both tv & film. Just take a look at the recently departed Anthony Mingellha (sp?) His last bit of work is a mini-series that is currently running on BBC 1. I’m sure I’ll love HBP when it comes out. I’ve loved all the films to dates, even if they do have there flaws. I just hope this whole romance being the centre of the film, is just the media getting carried away it.

Avatar Image says:

Oh My Jejus!!! this is awsome!!! I really cant wait for this movie. You people that r angry about this need to really think. Hello: its not gonna revolve around just romance. There is gonna be spinners end(which i personally cant wait for cuz of helena-i am a bella fan)the horcrux, voldie’s past, and DD’s death!!! IThey r just saying that this movie is not as dark. it will be a nice change to see it funny!! I am a HUGE fan of Draco so I cant wait to see more of him either!!!!!!Trust me there is nuthin to worry about. Also i am not a fan of how Yates did OOTp, but lately I have been ok with him. H-BP seems to really be turning out well. Ill just have to see it!!!I cant wait!!!!November needs to come sooner!!!!

Avatar Image says:

OMGGGGGGGGG NOOOOOO not H/G romance….....!!! the whole book revolves around Ron-Hermione romance …......it HAS TO BE R/Hr….....<3 <3<3 and the major plot of course..........

Avatar Image says:

ok i like the whole g/h but im upset cause im a h/r fan and so i wanted to see alot more of the lav lav won won relationship. it totally builds up h/r relationship. not to mention it will be hillarious

Avatar Image says:

I imagine the comment that the story revolves around H/G is probably incorrect. The relationship most prominent is R/H. But for me, I’m looking forward to the horcrux/Riddle storyline.

ww

Avatar Image says:

oops sry the hearts are kind of messed up in my last post….....but ya i think they always mention sumthng abt romance before its release…....so i think its going to have much much more…..not just H/G.

Avatar Image says:

Not to worry, the R/Hr will not be forgotten! Remember the offical movie description that came out a while back emphasized the R/Hr/LavLav triangle way over the H/G romance! And it definately talked about Draco. So calm down.

This is just one reporters spin on the movie, and the actors were obviously responding to the questions they were being asked, not giving the world an outline of the entire movie plot.

Avatar Image says:

Jo has had to okay everything they are doing… therefore im okay with this.

i want it to be funny—-there is some really great, funny stuff in this book.

it was my absolute favorite book (pre-DH)... as long as they keep “DONT CALL ME COWARD!” ... i’m all set. :-)

...i’ll probably cry when DD dies.. no matter how commical the movie before it was… lol… shrugs

-Muggle-Born-Witch

Avatar Image says:

why is it that people jump to the conclusion that if something is not mentioned in an interview, it must not be in the film???? yes, this movie will have funny stuff (OMG, I cant wait to see the Christmas Party scene, or Ron being attacked with cannaries). Yes, there will be romance. Ron/Lav, Ron/Herms, Harry/Ginny, Harry/the-monster-in-his-chest, Herms and the Gropy Guy she took to the Christmas Party. Good stuff. But that doesnt mean that they wont include otherstuff! Believe me, Horcurxes and Draco and Snape (oh my!) will be in the movie. Please relax. I can always tell when it’s Harry Potter Movie season, because everyone is in a panic that, after one sneak peak, the movie is DOOMED!

This movie wont be as dark as OOTP. It will be funny and have romance, but it will end dark, and there will be dark scenes interspersed throughout. Like Katie’s necklace thing, and rons poisoning, and Harry slashing Draco, and once he overhears Telawny and heads off with DD, it will be amazing, I’m sure. But you still have things like seeking out Slughorn (I’m sure that will be funny), visiting WWW, Herms awkwardly telling Ron she wants to invite him Slughorns, then the Lavender fiasco, and the love potion fiasco! Harry charging into the common room and snogging Ginny, then looking to see if Rons going to kill him… there are some (thankfully) light moments in this movie.

ps: why do we automatically think Tom’s upbringing in the orphanage was dreadfull? He was a miserable child with a chip on his shoulder and a penchant for evil. And sure, it wouldnt be the most loving place in the world, but it had potential: care givers who did give care, and young ones to befriend. His upbringing had a much higher chance for being pleasant then Harry’s. Harry had people who HATED him, and a cousing who not only bullied him, but bullied others into not befriending him. Sorry, Tom had a better shot then Harry ever did.

pss: Um… I’m sorta worried about someone who is a fan of BOTH Bella and Draco. Yikes! ;-)

Avatar Image says:

i luvvvvvvvvvvvv the r/hr relationship in this, and the quddich and all the won won lavinder thing and the awquardness of harry and his felling for ginny and the big kiss between them and rons head bow as a sign of acceptance!> plus all the slapstick with the ron wanting romilda vane hehe

and the tenstion between r/hr and everything….......... YES i luv that!! .

BUT,

im just worried that yates is focusin to much on that side of it…........ i mean we no we’ve not got the gaunts (which for me is a major point in the story and a very big hint of marvelos pride and just how awfully merope was treated and what she was subjected to!) - we no theres no percy and srim scene per say- since srim isnt in and percys feud with the family has never been mentioned!> plus the major bit of harry owning num 12 grimuald place AND kreacher…..... and how harrys sickened at the thought of it cos of the way kreacher sold out sirius and the protection factor of num 12 and how they feird that it would pass to bellatrix!> and the backstory leading to kreachers addmitance at what happened with sirius’ brother regulus??> they’ve cut so much that its going to very tricky to get that story in and everything surrounding it!!!.

im not saying theres not comedy and sweet romantic scenes in there….... but to me im just hoping they havent focused TO MUCH on them…....... since to me the other major storys are more bearing to the plot and stuff more- FOR ME ANYWAY!!!.

NOT to say there shouldnt be ANY in there but i dont think it should be the main focus on the film!!!.

thats all! :)

Avatar Image says:

“OMG, I cant wait to see the Christmas Party scene, or Ron being attacked with cannaries”.............beth!.

hehehehe- me to beth, i luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv that scen, its my fave- i luv how she just strecks past him and shots “oppugno” and they attack him…..... and ron shouting “GETERMOFME”.... hehe, how classic and funny will that be :) im just praying they have it in there???

LUV IT!!! :)

OOOOPPPSS!!! blushes

BRAIN FRY…....... carnt seem to speel right today at all!! :)

Avatar Image says:

Why is it that when people hear about something that the actors are promoting in the movie do they think that’s the only thing that’s in the movie?! It’s a marketing strategy. The Harry Ginny romance is the “NEW” thing of this movie, so that’s what they initially talk about. They hype it up. They can’t say much about Snape and the horcruxes because that would give away the main plot of the movie to the non-book reading audience so they talk about the romance side plot. We’ve seen Harry asking Dumbledore about the horcruxes and Draco yelling his Pet-Total spell at Harry in the train in the sneak peak videos. We always hear about the new to this film things first. Just look at OOTP last year with Luna. Was the movie all about Luna? Of course not!

there i go again!! :)

Avatar Image says:

R/Hr don’t officially get together until DH. Harry/Ginny, however, need to get together in HBP because they’re going to be separated for most of the next one. It’s just common sense that they need to focus on H/G much more than they have. Not to worry, because I’m sure there will be plenty of the Ron/Hermione/Lav stuff in there too. It just annoys me when people act like Harry/Ginny is not important because it’s quite important to Harry. He’s going to marry this girl and they’ve hardly even established her character yet! They’re going to need to give the H/G stuff a decent focus here.

Avatar Image says:

I’m really looking forward to this movie – and I’m delighted that they’re focusing on H/G. We didn’t really get to “see” their relationship unfold on page, we just knew it happened, so the idea of getting to see it thrills me. I see HBP as much more a coming of age story within the whole larger plot. There will be plenty of time for darkness and Horcruxes in the two-part DH film, and I think we’ll get enough of it here to satisfyl. I enjoy the little details and the character study, so everything I’ve heard so far about this one just thrills me.

Avatar Image says:

The fact that the movie is supposedly less dark makes me so happy! I think that OOTP was such a dark movie when the book, with obvious dark and gloomy scenes, did not have that kind of a feeling. SO glad they are trying to fix that for HBP. And I’m not sure what I think about Harry-Ginny being focused on…it IS my favorite ship, but I really do not like how Ginny is portrayed in the films…. anyone with me on that?

@gillyweed

Completely agreed. OOTP was my favorite HP film by far. The U.S. does tend to have a bit of a snobby attitude towards those who work in television. Personally, I find a lot of the pathos in Buffy, Lost, Six Feet Under, the John Adams miniseries (which I’m addicted to) and other high quality television to be more meaningful than anything that can be put into a two hour film. I love George Clooney and as a recent magazine recently said about him: he truly is the last movie star.

To folks freaking out that it won’t be dark enough:

Don’t fret! They’ve cast Narcissa, Katie, Leanne, two young Riddles, filmed the cave scene, etc. Jo wouldn’t let them ignore all of that stuff. They’re just hyping the romance because to the general movie-goer, it really is the only different thing about this film without giving away too much of the plot. I personally hate it when they go on and on about the dark stuff and ruin it for the person who truly has no idea what happens. I rather like to think that a handful of people in the theater with me have no idea what’s going to happen. I almost envy them. Almost.

Avatar Image says:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HBP is my favourite book so I cant wait to see the movie. Im VERY happy that they are foccusing on ginny’harry. But isint bonnie taller than dan? wont that be a little akward?

ANYWAY. Thats not important. Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

omg 239 days

Avatar Image says:

i can relate to those of you concerned about the comedy/darkness of the HBP movie, but don’t you think that, judging by the news we’ve got so far, this one will probably be the closest to the book? could anybody with a little more time than i have list the pieces of news that prove my point?

Avatar Image says:

I could care less how tall Bonnie is, the fact she looks like a pug will put me off any kiss enjoyment. This will ruin the movies if WB is stupid enough not to hide her face or film at angles where she doesn’t look so bad. Side shots aren’t her strong point. At least in the one clip, her hair pretty much covers her face. Still can she the nose, but a least we can’t see the face. At least that Jessie girl looks good, Rupert got lucky. But it’s stupid to turn off viewers when Wb is trying to get two movies out of DH.

Avatar Image says:

I listened to the audio book of HBP…but i’m embarrassed to say I dont remember much…except for Dumbldore’s death. But I hope they focus on Ron and Hermione too. I just love them!

Yayy! I’m so excited!

Avatar Image says:

Gross… The movie should not revolve around stupid teenage romances—despite how hard they’re trying to make it sound like it’s more than that.

Avatar Image says:

with all the pain harry has gone through it makes harry more of a man and more of a fighter becouse his feelings for ginny gives more strenth to do what has to be done where he who must not be named is concerned, harry and ginny well done for being there for each other.

Avatar Image says:

woah, woah, woah. people, CALM DOWN!!! the reporters dont say “its a movie revolving around harry and ginny” then walk away. its just a marketing think, they are just saying that so people who arent hard core fans will get interested “oh really? harry and ginny? that works. i wasnt interested in going, but now… i think ill go” see??? there is going to be so much mor than just H/G. there quidditch, and we see a bit of a lesson with dumbledore in that sneak peak thing with the DVD, theres the slug club, the scene with malfoy on the train, all this stuff. it will be chalk full with little H/G moments that only take a second of screen time, so re-lax. chill. but me, personally? i could just watch harry and ginny all day. they are my favorite couple besides me and my my computer teacher. traliers out may 16 with the prince caspian movie. Cant wait. im loosing my mind with excitement. vive xe

Avatar Image says:

just want to add that I hope if they are having Slughorn’s party then that means my favourite line from the book will be in it; Luna’s about the Rotfang conspiracy!

Avatar Image says:

Kip, you’ve obviously never seen a pug. Geez talk about harsh. Your comments about Bonnie Wright are disgraceful. You should be embarrassed.

Avatar Image says:

Ginny = meh… I shall require a BIG bag of popcorn to hide behind during the make out scene. Though perhaps they’ll cut that scene out . I hope so anyway.

Avatar Image says:

I hope this film’s script is closer to the book than the last film. There is so much good stuff in the book, I hate to see it changed too much.

Avatar Image says: Yes I agree with you!

Write a Reply or Comment