PotterCast 144: The Magic Dragon

364

Mar 26, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Tonight we have for you the 144th episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, featuring the return of Mr. John Dawlish, fresh from his recent adventures in academia. Melissa, John, and guest host Frak discuss the latest Harry Potter news including the possible removal of the iconic bridge at King’s Cross, the “Half-Blood Prince” premiere in Los Angeles, and the announcement of Cheryl Klein and Tamora Pierce speaking at Terminus. We also send our well wishes to Dame Maggie Smith who has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. To send your well wishes, click here. Next, Bit by Bit covers Chapter 10 of “Deathly Hallows” and goes through the Trio’s arrival at Grimmauld Place, the discovery in Sirius’ room, and much more. A new Phoenix Files also sends us to Grimmauld Place and the introduction of Kreacher along with the first view of the Black family tree. Finally, the drums bring you to the end of the show where we figure out Snape does the worm as well as talk about Potter Puppet Pals winning at the You Tube Awards and the possible return of Frak. To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“The Magic Dragon”

- The bridge over Kings Cross.
- Christmas at Grimmauld place
- Hottttt Cheryl does a keynote at Terminus.
- Sirius in velvet.
- And we all know who R.A.B. is.
- LeakyCon Ball.
- Snape’s doing the worm!

RT: 54:49

Editors: Stede Bonnett, Samantha McManus, Liz Turney, and Andrew Garner

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
Podcast Alley
Digg
Terminus 2008

Direct download (25 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (7 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

55 Responses to PotterCast 144: The Magic Dragon

Avatar Image says:

First! A new PC! awesome! I’m downloading it right now.

Avatar Image says:

first to comment!! woot!!

and wishes to maggie smith. dont give up hope!

love you guyss! <33

Avatar Image says:

I loved this pottercast, it was awesome having Frak and John together

Quartet anybody?

Avatar Image says:

You guys are back!!! Love the show! keep them coming!! XD

Avatar Image says:

its not on itunes yet :(

Avatar Image says:

I’m so excited about Frak and John Dawlish together. WE’VE MISSED YOU JOHN. I’ll be listening to it tonight, asap.

Avatar Image says:

Yay! A good drive to work tomorrow morning! Recent PotterCasts have been fantastic as far as in-depth discussion goes. Welcome back, John! :)

Avatar Image says:

Yay!!! John is back!!! We’ve missed him!!! And Frak!!! We love him 2!!!!

Yay!

Oh, John. We love you! And Frak! Our hearts are big enough!

Avatar Image says:

YAAAAAY!!! I’ve been malfunctioning all week because PC didn’t come out late Sunday night like it usually does!

It’s good to have John back you rock and Frak is amazing great job guys! Of course I love you too Melvin!!! xoxo :)

Avatar Image says:

Aww…where’s Sue? If it was said at the beginning, I must’ve missed it.

John’s in trouble already. LOL. Classic, John. Classic. rewinds

ROFLMAO…and other letters.

Avatar Image says:

John, welcome back! I’m really looking forward to listening.

I hope all of you who work on Pottercast realize that your work is appreciated. Thank you, thank you, for picking us up on grumpy days! :)

Avatar Image says:

I just commented on this today!! I was wondering when the next pottercast would be and here it is! Im gonna have to listen tomarrow though… im going to bed man.

Oh, Janice, welcom back we missed you!!

Avatar Image says:

The spell that conjures beer has to be “Tap Me”.

Avatar Image says:

OMG…..OMG…..OMG , pottercast is here FINALLY…..!!! I thought we wouldnt have it this week I got scared…....AND JANICE IS BACK YAY….!! FRAK is here too…....GREAT…....although Sue should have been here too…...really missed her…...!!! But great episode guys…...AS ALWAYS….!!!

Avatar Image says:

I’m loving the idea of a PotterCast Quartet! Frak is a great addition to the group. And John! Alphabetizing the covers… Printing… Bad, bad man. ;)

Avatar Image says:

That was…great. You guys should make more youtube videos! I watched some of the videos from the summer tour and it was…great. You guys should all get your web-cams out and have like the 4 way picture thing, like on TV where they divide it into the 4 corners with the different people, just so people can see how you guys make it. Once again, great job!

Where’s SUE?!

ITS NOT WORKING FOR ME :( :( :( :’(

what is up???

it says its not on iTunes

Avatar Image says:

It’s not on itunes yet :( Where’s Sue though?! She makes the podcast all bubbly :D

Avatar Image says:

Why did the picture change?

Avatar Image says:

lol i loved the bit about hating your voice, it made me laugh so much cause i just started an ASOIAF podcast and i can’t stand listening to myself, its so true. yay Frak! yay Jon! yay ambiguous references to book publishing!

Avatar Image says:

Jo didn’t want them to all sleep in the same bed because unlike Dumbledore, she wanted to keep the STRAIGHT!

Avatar Image says:

Jo didn’t want them to all sleep in the same bed because unlike Dumbledore, she wanted to keep them STRAIGHT!

I miss Sue already!

Acting Troupe?

just saying…

Avatar Image says:

cant wait for next week’s pc now…....pottercast quartet…....luv tht idea…...AWESOME

Avatar Image says:

Even if they were all sleeping in the same bed they would still be straight coz Ron and Hermione would be too busy to even notice Harry…..

Avatar Image says:

Yay, a new Pottercast! But why is it so short? I wish each episode was over an hour, at least 1h and 15 minutes. Please?

Avatar Image says:

Aww, Melissa, I’m glad you enjoyed my “two naughty sons” comment on the Dogs in Hats episode. You guys make an adorable family! :)

As for whether or not there are other balls at Hogwarts: I think it would be a bit weird if they had all-school balls every year and we never heard about them. But maybe it’s traditional for the 7th-years to have a ball (like a senior prom), and we just never heard about it because we never got to see the trio in their seventh year.

Anyway, thanks for the show, guys! It had me giggling on my whole walk home.

Avatar Image says:

I vote for having a Pottercast quartet!

Avatar Image says:

Hurrah! a new Pottercast. I am downloading it now. I checked at 9 pm last night, UK time, but no PC, so I am delighted to see it this morning (8.45 am in the UK). Thank you Pottercasters! And a big thanks to the editors especially. Having done a little editing myself , I know how hard and time-consuming it is, and your job is to be so good as to be undetectable to your listeners/viewers. So well done.

Avatar Image says:

I think I know the answer to the muggle bikini clad women on Sirius’ walls. I think he just wanted to make his room as un Slytherin and un ‘Black’ as possible, and wanted to annoy his family, and that’s why he also put permanent sticking charms on them.

Avatar Image says:

The other thing, about ‘proms’; I’m not sure it’s that usual to have an end of year ball or ‘prom’ in UK schools. Some schools have balls (like the one my husband teaches at) but it isn’t the norm like it seems to be in the States. None of the ones I went to (I went to different ones for my 16 and 18 exams) did anything. We don’t use the term ‘graduation’ for school studies (up to age 18) and we don’t get out exam results until mid to late August, which is well after we’ve left the school, so maybe that’s why.

Some schools have speech or prize days at the end of term instead, and some may have a presentation ceremony on the actual day you collect your results in late August. Mine didn’t even have those. I just turned up, went into a private office and was told my results, and that was it!

Avatar Image says:

Printing and alphebetizing? Bad news elf! Go slam your ears in the oven!

Accio’s pronunciation (ah-kee-oh) is the accepted pronunciation in Latin. :) I always assumed that Jo used Latin rather than one of the derivative languages to write her spells, but considering that she was a French teacher, I could be mistaken.

Thank you guys so much for the awesome podcasts! I’m still giggling over “pistachio” and “pellegrino”!

Avatar Image says:

I’ve always thought the reason Sirius had pictures of muggle girls on his wall (instead to wizard girls) was to annoy his very anti-muggle parents and brother. looking at witches they would approve of, but muggles oh no that’s enough to get you green listed :)

As to what song Snape would dance to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDkIeY8ZDAE I think there where at least 7 or eight Snapes on stage at once.

Avatar Image says:

you know every time i watch Arrested Development it takes me ages to realise were ive heard the tune at the end credits…. old PotterCast

Avatar Image says:

WAIT! I KNOW WHAT SNAPE WOULD DANCE TO!

He’d put on a hat and white glove and do the MOONWALK! ROTFLMAO!

Krystle,

totally agree, i mean i love pottercast but could you guys give us a mention. i thought that when john was back you’d start doing it. loved the show. made my week… and when the next shows out it’ll make that week, and the one after that.

Krystle,

totally agree, i mean i love pottercast but could you guys could give us a mention. i thought that when john was back you’d start doing it. loved the show. made my week… and when the next shows out it’ll make that week, and the one after that.

Avatar Image says:

Good luck! Maggie Smith. Keep a stiff uper lip and hope for the best. You are one of my favourite English actresses.

oh no! poor maggie.

can some one tell me how to post pictures with my statements? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzz

Avatar Image says:

You can totally download the Dumbledore song entitled “U Down w/OOTP?” at the wizard rock ep of the month website for FREE!

Avatar Image says:

I think that Frak should become a permanent Pottercast member. And don’t worry Frak, some of us enjoy your random sounds!! I miss Sue!

Avatar Image says:

this is my pellegrino video! it took me a couple of days. >_< here goes.

Avatar Image says:

Why mention Terminus and not Portos ?? THEY HAVE JIM DALE !!!

Avatar Image says:

That was great guys! John and Frak work great together.

Avatar Image says:

Happy gross Pottercast! 144 = 1 Gross. Get it? Yes, I’m a little bored right now.

Avatar Image says:

I’m having major problems trying to get this episode. I can’t DL it. iTunes says it can’t connect and the streaming version won’t play.

Avatar Image says:

WELCOME BACK JOHN!! I knew that John and Frak’d rock together!! Loved this episode, though I missed Sue a lot!! I’m still waiting for a Pottercast with all four of you people, Melissa,John,Sue and Frak! Gosh, considering I was having a pretty lousy day, you people really cheered me up!! Great job as usual guys!!

POTTERCAST ROCKS!!

Avatar Image says:

Please keep Frak. And John. AND Sue and Melissa.

yayy johns back!!

Avatar Image says:

Pottercast is my Faaaaaavorite podcast. John is so funny and warped, so like myself. Melissa is my fellow pizon and Sue is so cute when she squees! Tara, somtimes it takes a few hours or a day for it to download onto i-tunes. Frustrating, I know, but hang in there.

Write a Reply or Comment