113

Apr 10, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Earlier we told you that author J.K. Rowling would contribute to a book to be published in honor of the 60th birthday of Prince Charles. Reps for JKR have now confirmed to TLC that there will indeed be an extract of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows contained in this new book, along with two new illustrations of the story from author and artist Quentin Blake. Along with the contribution from Jo, others such as Philip Pullman and Jacqueline Wilson are contributing to the birthday book for The Prince of Wales, with new material due from Philip Ardagh and Anthony Horowitz. In addition to the new illustrations from Quentin Blake, other artists contributing are Axel Scheffler, Posy Simmonds and Emily Gravett . The Birthday Book will be published on November 6, with all proceeds to benefit The Prince’s Foundation for Children and the Arts, a charity which”provides schoolchildren with opportunities to visit theatres, orchestras, museums and galleries.”

25 Responses to Confirmed: Extract of Deathly Hallows, New Illustrations in Book for Prince Charles

Nice!

Avatar Image says:

So this book is going to be available to the general public? That would be cool to have in my collection. Too bad there won’t be new content from Jo!

Aw poo, I thought we were getting new Rowling material

ZOMG yay!! I LOVE Quentin Blake!! :D

Peace, Rotae

Avatar Image says:

Aww that’s disappointing that it’s just Deathly Hallows! And Quentin Blake belongs in Roald Dahl stories for me XD But it will be cool to see what he does!

Avatar Image says:

I think his style works for Dahl books but I would’ve rather seen GrandPre submit some new work for this.

Avatar Image says:

Yay! So we can buy this book? I think it’d just be awesome to have it with pieces from all these amazing authors. :)

Avatar Image says:

Oh my god I LOOOOOVE Quentin Blake!!!

Avatar Image says:

Quentin Blake! So excited!! To quote my tutor the other day “He’s illustrated 300 billion books!” Hooray! And now Potty!

Avatar Image says:

I like quentin blake, but I don’t think it’s quite right for Potter.

Avatar Image says:

yay quentin! i disagree pigwidgeon… he’s unexpected but i think he’ll do something really imaginitive that really portrays the part of the story he chooses to illustrate.

Avatar Image says:

I want to know what extract it is from DH…should be interesting when we find out!

Avatar Image says:

I simply adore the Roald Dahl books, and Quentin Blake’s illustrations are a huge part of that. Granted he may be a bit childish for Harry Potter (who’d think we’d ever say a thing like that) but I think it’s high time the UK versions of the books had an official artist. So why not get one of the most famous ones going.

Avatar Image says:

I was hoping for new content, but ok… At least we’ll see new HP artwork from a reknowned illustrator.

quentin blake? SO COOL.

Avatar Image says:

Oh I am soo buying that.Will be interesting to see the illustrations.I bet he does a really funny section with a wacky character like Xenophilius…

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait!!!!!! I hope that we will be able to buy it.

Avatar Image says:

Woo hoo, any new art is great! :D

Avatar Image says:

The thing is, only US gets an illustrated version of every Harry Potter books. We in UK and rest of the world never have any illustrations other than on the cover (I’m refering to English text editions). its something I have always been jealous of US :) Although, Quintin’s work is very Roald Dahl(ish), I am sure he is very talented enough to adapt to the Deathly Hallows mood . Who knows, future re-releases may have him illustrating our HP books. Wishful thinking to be honest!

Avatar Image says:

I think it’s inevitable that special editions of the books will eventually be released with full color illustrations, much like Lord of the Rings which has at least 20 full-page paintings by Alan Lee in it!

I wonder what the extract from DH will be. I would choose anything from ‘The Forest Again’ or ‘King’s Cross’, but they might want lighter moments.

Aw Amy I hope your right I would love to see Blake’s version of Xenophilius

Avatar Image says:

Seeing as I am studying to become an Illustrator myself, I nearly wet myself when I read that (THE) Quentin Blake would provide HP illustrations. That is simply amazing.

As for special editions of the books years down the road being illustrated in full colour by various artist: I do not only expect it, I hope so with my whole heart.

Because officially illustrating the book that has made me an Illustrator would let me come full circle in the best of ways.

This is very exciting, cannot wait to see old Blake’s go at the book.

Avatar Image says:

They should let Frak illustrate it instead…

Avatar Image says:

i love quentin blake! it should be interesting to see his illustrations in something other than roald dahl books. i wonder how he’ll do it…

Avatar Image says:

I think that its not right that the book should be publishedfor the fans not for the prince because we are bigger fans of Harry.

Write a Reply or Comment