Report: Shrieking Shack Due at Harry Potter Theme Park and More

120

Apr 11, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

We have another interesting rumor tonight regarding plans for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme park under construction in Orlando, Florida. This report says that plans continue to develop for the theme park, and a special Shrieking Shack is to be one of the new attractions, which will have the feel of The Haunted Mansion at Disney World. It is uncertain if this will be a year round attraction, or one they use specifically during the Halloween Horror Nights, which will feature a Harry Potter theme. Dementors are set to make an appearance around the Shrieking Shack, in addition to the Halloween events featuring the Death Eaters “walking around with Voldemort terrorizing people” near this area.

As a followup to our previous report on possible attractions at the theme park, word is that there will indeed be a stage show which will feature “the ending of book four’. The report also says “When they cast for the part of Harry, they will be looking for college boys around the age of 18 to play the part. They will be hiring about 7 people just to rotate that specific part.” Also the report states plans are already underway for a major opening day for the park, featuring the appearance of cast members such as Emma Watson (Hermione), Rupert Grint (Ron), Bonnie Wright (Ginny) and Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid), as well as possibly Dan Radcliffe (Harry) and author J.K. Rowling. Please note all of this is very much unconfirmed and should remain in the rumor category for the time being.

One final point of note is word that the Harry Potter attraction will possibly now span both the Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios. Rumor is that discussions are underway considering the possibility of a blending of the two parks to allow for this larger Wizarding World of Harry Potter area (and possibly eliminating the Jaws ride) with one admission to include entrance to all the parks. The Orlando Sentinel has a small mention tonight which noted that “Universal Orlando is building a new footbridge across part of the lagoon, between the lower garden walks behind the Jurassic Park Discovery Center an area that’s currently a backstage (employees only) area behind the Mythos Restaurant” where the author speculates if plans call for the bridge to be the bridge between the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter area now under construction on the other side of the Jurassic Park Discovery Center (behind a wall) and some of The Lost Continent attractions that could be rethemed for the new Wizarding World, including the Enchanted Oak Tavern.(map of the parks here). Again, please keep all of this as unconfirmed as we are working to find out more information, and will update with more when we can.

Thanks again T !

70 Responses to Report: Shrieking Shack Due at Harry Potter Theme Park and More

Avatar Image says:

That’s sounds so freaking awsome!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I’m so going to Universal Studio once the Harry Potter park opens….so excited….even if I know it wont be for another 3 years till opening…..

Avatar Image says:

awww, exciting!! Hopefully, they’ll really open in Dez. 09 or at least close to that date, because then I could probably make the big opening day :D

Avatar Image says:

OMG I want to go for opening day to see the cast!!! I looked on the website and the plans look awesome!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I will so totally go down for the opening day if Jo might be there! The dementors sound pretty cool too!

Avatar Image says:

I hope they have Moony in the shrieking shack. I gotta save up so I can get there heh.

Avatar Image says:

That sounds interesting. I hope I get to go beacuse I really want too see the stars of Harry Potter and Jo. I was planing on going too the premiere in California for the six movie but maybe I’ll go to this instead and it’ll let me save up a few years.

sounds pretty sweet

Avatar Image says:

goodness. i want to be a part of this so badly.

Avatar Image says:

Oh sooo cool! i hope i get to go to the grand opening!!! hopefully the ticket prices wont be too much! _ im excited for the the characters that will be walking around the park-the people dressed as wizards and dementors. ^^

Avatar Image says:

OOoo so exciting! can’t wait…. i’ve been there before, seen the place that will soon become part of Harry’s world… by the way, isn’t it Islands of Adventure, not Attraction?

Avatar Image says:

I’m so gonna be there for the opening!! This is so exciting. At least I’ll have enough time to save some money.

Avatar Image says:

I can hardly contain my fangirly joy. :D

Avatar Image says:

Oooh, that would be awesome if they re-themed Halloween Horror Nights to Harry Potter. That would mean that ALL the Haunted Houses in Islands of Adventure would be HP themed, wouldn’t it? They should turn one of them into the Triwizard maze (I mean the REAL Triwizard maze, sphinx and all) and then have Voldemort fight people at the end!

Sounds…tacky.

Avatar Image says:

This made me laugh out loud: featuring the Death Eaters “walking around with Voldemort terrorizing people.” So Voldemort is just going to go strolling down the street? Will this be like the video of “Just Beat It”, with Voldemort at the head, and his Death Eaters behind him? Or, if that one Scribbulus essay is correct, it would be more like “Thriller”...

Avatar Image says:

You have never seen or said “crowded” like it will be for the opening of this park…they will have to set maximum crowd limits…I can’t wait to see this park, I can’t wait to see this park, I can’t wait to see this park…lol…As for the death eaters & Voldemort strolling the park, I don’t think it will be that blaze, I think they will stage it for particular areas, like you set off a caterwalling charm or something and then they swoop down at you, or a prop or sign jumps out at you so that you say “Voldemort” out loud, and the death eaters decend…hidden mikes and the like…this park will be so cool! Or IOA could just hire me, I have tons of Ideas…lol

Avatar Image says:

how will they make the dementors? but it sounds AMAZING!!!!

Avatar Image says:

This new ‘island’ sounds GREAT! But just to let you know… I’ve worked at both Universal and Islands on and off for several years… The rumor about eliminating the Jaws ride may or may not be true, but it geographically is no where near Islands of Adventure, so it would not make sense for it to become part of the Wizarding World. If you look at the map of Universal Studios, Jaws is located at ‘San Francisco/Amity’, but Islands is located to the left of ‘New York’ and ‘Production Central’. But I admit, it would be awesome to have the Wizarding World as a gateway between the two parks!

AMAZING! CAN’T WAIT.

Avatar Image says:

To Elyzie: “That would mean that ALL the Haunted Houses in Islands of Adventure would be HP themed, wouldn’t it?”

No, only Wizarding World itself will be HP themed. Not everyone (shame on them) likes Harry Potter and therefore they would lose TONS of money if they have one specific scene all through the parks, even if it is a cool concept.

Avatar Image says:

Me and my family are going to go when it opens however they all got kinda angry when i said it wouldnt be ready for ages but im sure it’ll be worth the wait =]

Avatar Image says:

Cool! I so wanna be there for the opening day…wow! I can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

This is so awesome!I wanna go! Who will take me?!

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait to go! Even though I don’t live in America, I WILL BE THERE!!!! No one can stop me! Because it sounds so much fun!

I’m also hoping to see a glimpse of it while I’m going on my holiday to Florida. It will be interesting to see how far along they built it yet…..

Avatar Image says:

Oh my god, this sounds so cool. I so want to go!! Why do I have to live 3,000 miles away????? It would be so awesome to go on opening day. I’m gonna have to open a bank account just to save for the trip…. I can’t wait to see it all!

Avatar Image says:

I was laughing at the Voldy and Death Eaters walking about :P Sounds like it will be fun, when it’s completed :)

Avatar Image says:

OH MY MOTHERGOD! OH MY GOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Holy …. omg. Banshees! Omg! I …. can’t even explain this! Wow. Opening day?! There might be appearances for ALL of those actors! RUPERT GRINT MIGHT BE THERE! I was hoping that! And now it’s almost going to come true! Oh my….. wow. :D And I was ALSO fantasizing about The Shrieking Shack, and now…. amazing. Wow. =) I’m so excited for this theme park. =] And appearances from dementors ? That’s going to be sooooo exciting! x]

Avatar Image says:

AHHHHHHHH! I’m so excited. See you guys on opening day.

Omigosh, I’m excited.

Avatar Image says:

I heard all this when I was in Orlando recently, I started chatting it up with a bartender at the enchanted oak, and was told the whole section of the lost continent would be gone, and the coaster in that area (dueling dragons) would remain but get a new harry potter theme makeover. I’m really excited about the shrieking shack, dementors and death eaters!!!

Avatar Image says:

Would anybody know the ball park price to visit this?

Avatar Image says:

Oh My jesus!!! I cant wait for this!!!! I am already certain I am going to the opening. I really want to see the cast and Jo!!!! I think the shrieking shack would be sooo awsome!!! This park is going to be amazing!!!!!

Luv-Lily

Avatar Image says:

I really hope to go the summer after it is all finished (I have no doubt it will be great, but I know I probably won’t get to go opening day as I’ll be in college). SO EXCITING! This is a chance for WB to make up for what they cut from the books. :) Except, this is a Harry Potter EXPERIENCE!

Avatar Image says:

OMG! it will be hell of a park, but why,.. why so far away….probably i wont be able to see it …urrr. I think i`m jealous :D Well, it still sounds amazing. So i will wait for updates.

Avatar Image says:

That sounds really cool! I just hope the Shrieking Shack doesn’t end up as some corny thing with dementors and ghosts saying “boo” or something!

Avatar Image says:

i hope that the people playing the parts will have read the books…knowing me, I’d walk up to vodly and be like, “oh, hey Tom.” and that would be a little akward if the non-harry potter reading voldy asked what that meant…..hehee.

Avatar Image says:

@ JeffHpFan- I totally agree. I hope the dementors don’t do anything of that sort. =) I hope they just come right up close to you and pretend to give you the “kiss”. I wonder if you shout “EXPECTO PATRONUM!” if they’ll go away. Haha. That’d be fun. :)

Avatar Image says:

This can be one of my first trips to the States :D. Though I do wonder about the whole stageshow thing…? It’s a bit gruesome… but still totally awesome… I think that they should put Malfoy Manor in, that would be the icing on the cake for me, and the white peacock :D.

Avatar Image says:

The whole set up sounds absolutely fantastic I hope to get there for the opening I wonder if it will open the same time as Deathly Hallows is released that would be awsome, I just love the Shrieking Shack idea and the dementors and Voldemort strolling around the park would be fantastic. I’ve been to Magic Kingdom (eurodisney) for now halloween and that was really good but Harry Potter will be fantastic even better. I hope this is not just a rumour if it is there will be a lot of disappointed fans me for one.

Avatar Image says:

Hahaha, Vodemort walking around with death eaters terrorizing people? That sounds so weird!!!

Avatar Image says:

WOW, I live an hour and a half drive from where the new HP park is going to be. I can’t wait for opening day tickets to go on sale so I can buy some for me and my family to make it. Hmmm, never thought about how great it would be to work there. I might just have to check into that. I could deal with the drive if I was surrounded by my obsession all day. :)

can’y w8

Avatar Image says:

I’m looking forward to it so much! Can’t wait! I hope it’s not a rumor and i wish I could be there on the opening! It sounds amazing! terrific! I can’t wait to be threatened by a death eater! hahaha!!! ( i have wierd expectations) anyways… one word: AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Mucho Exciting! Can’t wait!!!! Does anybody else know what else is supposed to be there? I heard rumors about a gringotts ride.

Avatar Image says:

I´m so sure Emma, Rupert and Dan will attend the opening of this marvelous Theme Park and I really really hope to be there by that day! Like others… I can´t wait!! :P lol

Avatar Image says:

OMG… That is so awsome… i cant wait that is the first place im going when its open…arrrr…so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

It is in times like these I absolutely detest that I live in Norway..!!! I too want to go.. I love Harry Potter, and gosh!! I went crazy just in London, I can’t imagine how it will be in a theme park!!! :O

Avatar Image says:

As a big fan of Universal Studios (and Harry Potter of course!), I will be very sad to see Jaws ride dissapear. This was a most beautiful attraction as the scale was tremendous. The setting was that we queue up for a cruise around amitivlle lake, and we get on to the boat with a tour guide talking about the coast and its shark attack history and its such a pleasant cruise on a real full sized lake, then lo and behold, we get attacked by Jaws and an adventure to pursue the shark commences. Brilliant. Will be a sad loss. But I am EXCITED at every new development of the Harry Potter land and I know it will knock us of our feet as has their other attractions have done in the past. So for those who have not done the Florida Jaws ride (Claifornia version is nothing in comparison), I recommend doing the ride (if you have the opportunity) before it disappears.

Avatar Image says:

While I am very excited about a Harry Potter theme park, some things are just classic, I still haven’t been to Universal sutdios, and they can’t get rid of the Jaws ride!!!! I haven’t gotten a chance to ride it yet!!!!!!!!!!!! That and its just Iconic!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I’ve been saving up money since last year and I nearly ahve 1000$ (CAN) so I can estimate around 2800 by November/December ‘09!! I will probably spend every PENNY I have there…

Avatar Image says:

Lucky for me, I will be attending the University of Central Florida (which is in Orlando) come this fall and therefore will only be about 25 minutes away from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Perhaps I could even apply for a job there?

Avatar Image says:

SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait for this park, it is going to be utter sweetness!!!

Avatar Image says:

I am so excited about all of this!! I mean its a dream come true! Every time we hear new news I get so happy and excited I even let out a “squee!” a few times! Who wouldnt?

YAY!! Live, Love, Harry Potter!!

Avatar Image says:

The rumour about replacing the Jaws ride HAS to be false. The Amity section is such a huge part of Universal Studios, and while the Jaws ride may be dated it’s a classic.

Avatar Image says:

That place would be pretty awesome.

Avatar Image says:

They shouldn’t get rid of the Jaws ride

Avatar Image says:

I was told by a worker, at the Dueling Dragons Roller coaster, that the roller coaster is going to be a quidditch roller coaster, He says they’ll keep it the same but repaint it. The walk up castle will match Harry Potter.

Avatar Image says:

oh ya no offense to anyone but id rather have a harry potter theme park than a dumb jaws ride. and i dont care what any1 says after me about my comment i just am totally obsessed with HP!

Avatar Image says:

anyone know if there will be an imax inside the hp theme park which shows all the movies? that’s what i’d really like to see – all 7 films on giant screens in 3d when possible, over the course of a couple of days..

Avatar Image says:

They won’t be combining the parks. That bridge is a temporary bridge. They need it because the area that connects Jurassic Park and The Lost Continent will close at some point for the major portions of construction. You can’t have guests walking through a construction site.

Avatar Image says:

OMG this is like the greatest thing ever lol. I soo hope on the opening day u get to meet Jo and some of the cast that would be so freakin awesome and I am soo gonna be there. XD yay yay yay yay yay!!!! _ I hope the Shrieking Shack is gonnna be there all year. Hmm… I hope it’s all true… stupid rumors… =P they just like torturing us… =/

Avatar Image says:

omg.. i have to go, even if i live in Sweden , damn, is my dream to see the cast.. IM GOING, GOT TO START SAVING OMG.. O.O

Avatar Image says:

I CANT WAIT, MY COUSIN AND I ARE GOING TO GET SEASON PASSES CAUSE WE ARE GOING TO UCF WHICH HAPPENS TO ONLY BE 45MIN FORM THE PARK!

Avatar Image says:

Harry Potter ROCKS my world I’m so happy there will be a “theme park” for us!! The ones that don’t want to go see the ears! That will be my next trip from TN to FL is when Hogwarts gets built. I’m already planning for it in 2010!

Avatar Image says:

To Sir Pritam Shah and KATIE: You guys are going to have a great time at UCF, congrats!!! That’s where I went too. :)

To SMILE: There’s a movie theater with an IMAX adjacent to Universal, so I’m thinking they would be able to play the films there… but they would only do it for special events, probably!

Avatar Image says:

i am jk rowlings biggest fan i love harry potter books and my next wish is to meet jk rowling and be able to have all of her books and movies i just love how jk rowling’s imagination works ok.

i wish you the best of luck jk rowling !!!!!!

+ i would love my dream to come true !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hello to : mrs. rebeca gabriel matthew and fernando who are very joyful people and are always there to help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bye bye bye bye bye !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Avatar Image says:

i amjk rowling’s biggest fan i love her books and evrithing but everithing she invents and it is very impresive to be you jk rowling.

my most adored wish is the one of having every single book and movie of jk rowling ( Harry Potter) !!!!!!!!!!!

jk rowling i wish you the best of luck !!!!!!!!!!!!

i want to say hello to: mrs.rebeca , gabriel a. ,fernando a. ,and mateo a. !!!!

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from youre biggest fan ::::::::::::: daniel ”_” happy !!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I soooooooooo totally can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar ImageBeAchL0veEr05 says: Okay, sorry that I posted so late! I just was searching through old news, and I saw this. I have A LOT to say. 1. Dementors? Yay! because that will be awesome. Death Eaters? Not yay, because DEs were never around the shreiking shack, were they? No. 2. Okay, if Jo is gonna be at the opening, I really want to go because it would be awesome to meet my favorite author! :) 3. And why of all scenes to choose did they pick the ending of GoF? I mean, great scene, my fave scene of all the movies, BUT- won't it scare people? Isn't it kind of random? I mean, aren't there better scenes to choose for display all day long? Not to mention, mostly all the movies will be out by the time this park is out so won't this scene be "old news"? 4. Otherweis, really cool, and I cannot wait to go! =D

Write a Reply or Comment