Rumor Alert: New “Half-Blood Prince” Photo and More

112

May 15, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

We have a few pieces of news and rumors regarding Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince to update you on.

First, thanks to Oclumencia via HarryPotterforum, who emailed regarding what they believe to be a new photo of Harry (Dan Radcliffe) from “Half-Blood Prince.” While you can see that photo, here via this link, we do not know the original source of this photo, nor what scene this may be from, and are working to find out more about this.

Also, as we all have been anxiously awaiting the teaser trailer for the sixth Harry Potter film, it looks (at this point) that the rumor about the trailer being attached to Prince Caspian opening this weekend is not holding true, alas alas. We have heard nothing new about when the trailer may surface in the coming days, and we promise we will update should we hear anything more on this matter. Sorry folks!

On a related note, while her name was not listed in the official WB press release regarding the cast for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, SnitchSeeker let us know they spoke to reps for actress Shirley Henderson, who confirmed indeed the actress would not be appearing as Moaning Myrtle in HBP. Finally, last week we told you of minor casting for the sixth Harry Potter movie, with Lord Johnpaul Castrianni cast in the role of a un -named Death Eater. Bloghogwarts spoke to the actor, who did not reveal much detail about his involvement in the movie, but did say “My scenes were filmed several months ago and I finished in february (2008). I was in the scenes regarding Alan Rickman, Dan, Michael (Dumbledore) Tom (Malfoy) and several other cast who I believe have not been officialy published by Warner Brothers yet, so unfortunatly I cannot comment on that yet.”

Thanks to all who emailed!

236 Responses to Rumor Alert: New “Half-Blood Prince” Photo and More

looks great! 1st?!

Avatar Image says:

Shame about the trailer, I hope we hear something soon.

Avatar Image says:

I mean, the picture looks great- noty the fact that we won’t get to see the trailer :(

Avatar Image says:

Aw, too bad about the trailer. But at least we have a new photo :)

Avatar Image says:

Very exciting stuff. I have been waiting for some HPB news. So bummed about the teaser not being attached to Prince Caspian. I was really looking forward to that.

Oh well.

Avatar Image says:

That’s a nice picture.. Hopefully there will be more official foto’s soon and more casting-news

Avatar Image says:

Oh my gosh when is that trailer going to come out!!!

Oh well.

Avatar Image says:

Hmmm…looks like the picture of Dan could possibly be one of the Snape detention scenes where Harry has to go through all of the Howart’s student disciplinary cards. Background doesn’t look like it would match Snape’s DADA office, though.

Or…perhaps it’s from the scene where Harry has to search for the bezoar to save Ron from the poisoned wine. Could be in Slughorn’s office, but the expression on Dan’s face doesn’t suggest panic or urgency in trying to find the antitode for the poison.

Interesting picture, though.

Disappointing that Moaning Myrtle won’t be in HBP.

Avatar Image says:

Does that mean Draco won’t pour his soul out to Moaning Myrtle? I really hope they’re not considering cutting that scene out altogether – most likely just altering it.

Avatar Image says:

Interesting…. I wonder if I’m the only one refreshing the podcasts to see if there’s any breaking news? Hahaha, I don’t even know if you guys would make a short little spontaneous podcast about the teaser trailer or not, but I’m hoping! I don’t think I’ve checked the site and iTunes feed as often before (except leading up to the DH book release). I’m getting really excited about HBP, possibly because from what we’ve heard in casting reports, etc., it seems that this one might not be as much of a let-down to me as OotP was. I’m hoping they make it a little longer!

Thanks for keeping us updated, as always!

Avatar Image says:

ah bummer about the trailer, and you know it dopesn’t seem fair that wb did not come out and quash that rumor when it first came out, im sure it got some people planing to go see prince caspian that might not have considered going otherwise., as for the pic veeeery interesting, i have been trying to think of a placein the HBP where it would fit , book wise i mean but im drawing a blank as the only 2 possibilites that come to me don’t really fit, 1. WWW its not lurid enough to be george and fred’s shop and 2. the room of requirement as in HBP harry is in a hurry whenhe is in their to hide his ( snape’s) potion book, as for no moaning mytle it will kind of goof up the sectumsempra scene in the boy’s bathroom ( not in Myrtle’s as soon many people want to say) good to get more hbp news just wish it was better news for the trailer

Avatar Image says:

this is Outrageous!!the trailer should be around by late March,but they keep delaying!And we don’t have even a single picture of a new character….i am so out of patience right now!What have they been doing all those months???And if the teaser tuns out to be 30 seconds long,I will be even angrier.:@(and you don’t want to see me when I am angry-Hulk style!)

Avatar Image says:

Also, I looked up this man on imdb.com, and they have his name listed as Johnpaul Castrianni. Apparently there’s no space there. :)

Avatar Image says:

AHHHH that pic looks like the real deal, he’s wearing the same jacket like in that other offical pic,AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

The weird thing about that picture is…. Well, I’ll start here: At first, I didn’t think that it was actually from HP because the whole look of it was off, but then I realized he had those glasses on. Now, it’s still weird, because it looks like it’s in front of a backdrop, and I don’t know why they’d have that just for a room…. It looks like the wall has everything painted onto it. It’s strange; very strange. I almost thought that they changed the dormitory, but that doesn’t make sense. Is it the Burrow?

Avatar Image says:

WHAT!!!!! No trailer!!!!!!! Are you kidding me?? I have been counting down the days!!!!!! This is the worst news ever!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Well, I am sad about the trailer, but at least we get a photo. I am so glad Dan’s hair looks normal again, not like that weird cut he had in OotP.

Avatar Image says:

You know, I can’t even feel excited about the picture. This is partly because the pic just isn’t that interesting, but mostly because I’m distracted by my intense irritation with the WB right now.

Why have they not released the teaser trailer yet? Why have they not even bothered to tell us when we might at least expect the teaser trailer? At the very least, they could have told us that no, these rumors about it being attached to Prince Caspian were not true, so we wouldn’t have been hoping and waiting for nothing. What is their problem?!

Yes, I am throwing a temper tantrum about this. ;)

Avatar Image says:

The wallpaper behind Harry looks colorful and ‘busy’ – could be a shot at the Burrow when the trio are looking through Fred and George’s things (the punching telescope scene). I at first thought the bezoar scene, but Harry doesn’t look very panicked.

Avatar Image says:

That photo has definitely got to be Harry sorting the file cards as his detention for using sectumsempra. There’s nothing else it could be. The room does look weird though. In the book he does it in Snape’s office, but maybe in the movie they move Snape into the DADA classroom office. The room behind Harry could be that DADA classroom office. Or it could just be some random room they decided to put him in for effect.

Avatar Image says:

The picture is real look at the clothes and hair and I think it might be of him sorting the cards in detention. you know when he sorts all the cards with the students histories and finds his dads name and all that because look at his face he looks depressed

Avatar Image says:

The picture of Dan looks like the part in the book where Harry goes BACK to get his potions book after he makes a bloody mess of things.

I find it funny that Dan/Harry is always in muted tones, like black blues and greys, and usually sweatshirts.

Rupes/Ron is always wearing green and stripey, or at least stripey.

And for Emma/hermione it’s all SHADES OF PINK!!!!

Can I haz new costume pleeze?

And I’m sort of glad I have no reason to see the Prince Caspian movie now. Woohoo. I hate C.S. Lewis.

Avatar Image says:

What is wrong with WB? I’m so mad at their total disregard for the fans. Why can’t they confirm a real date for the teaser? Why didn’t they deny the rumor it was with Prince Caspian? I’m so annoyed. I don’t blame you for having a tantrum Ashley, I’ll join you! WB are being such jerks about this!

Avatar Image says:

if they don’t give us fans a trailer then they won’t huv any harry ptter fans to go see the film. what the heck is wrong with warner bros? i am so p1ssed off with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Well, i’m pissed about the friggin trailer! i really wanted to see it! oh well. Dan looks just as beautiful as he always does!

Avatar Image says:

Ever since listening to this week’s PotterCast and some reading intriguing rumors in Leaky comments, I’ve been nursing a far-fetched theory that WB is planning some kind of huge casting reveal in the trailer, to generate a burst of excitement. (Something along the lines of John Noe’s Tony Blair fantasy.) Could this explain their apparent secrecy? Are they planning to spring the trailer on us unawares, just to amplify the surprise? Probably wishful thinking, I know.

Avatar Image says:

Very interesting pic, I don’t know what scene it can be, it looks like Harry is looking for something… hey! I just realized that closet or box (I don’t know what it is) has an “S” engraven on it, it can be for “Slughorn” or “Slytherin”... Do you think Harry can touch and open things when he is “into” a memory. Because it could be one of Dumbledore’s memories, and Harry could be inspecting some room… we all know Harry is the person with the biggest curiosity. I can not wait to see the scenes of those memories, they could be really cool. And that’s the most Harryish Harry I’ve ever seen, that’s great.

About the trailer, some people had the feeling it was just a rumor to get publicity for that movie, I guess it would be too strange to see a trailer for a WB movie before a Disney movie.

Avatar Image says:

When OOTP can out WB release way too much information. We had a ton of photos, we had a ton of interviews, we had THE KISS-when they filmed it, why they had to cancel the filming of the kiss when Dan was sick, we had so much of the film that when it came out it did not seem new and fresh-now WB is holding back and I for one am happy they are. I don’t want WB to give out to much on this film I want to go to the movies at midnight and be surprised at what I see and I don’t want to be spoiled by the Harry /Ginny kiss at all-no photo’s,no interviews,no images of it in the trailer. I know I am in the minority here but I am glad WB is keeping this so quiet this time.

Avatar Image says:

Hmm well, that’s why I’m waiting to see the new Narnia on Saturday, just in case.

But honestly, there has to be a reason behind the lack of HBP stuff. This is really ridiculous, because we KNOW that THEY know that fans were wondering heavily about this trailer, and banking on it. I don’t know why they’d promote Prince Caspian, though, because that’s Disney and not WB. They are really lacking on promotion for this film. And everything so far that they’ve cut has been disappointing- the only uplifting thing has been that set report that listed some great things that they kept in.

WB has to know what the fans are going through. Or else we are really pissing WB off so they’ve decided to torture us without pictures!

And as for the pic- very cool but I have no idea what it is, until it’s blown up to HQ. It looks like Harry’s pulling out a chest of drawers, many of you guessed that they’re library cards from detention- good guess, but I don’t know why they kept that in. I guess to show how much spite Snape had for Harry’s dad and friends and add more to the Snape elements that have been lacking.

Avatar Image says:

Sooo disappointed about the trailer. I’m with herpo, my patience with WB has been worn too thin waiting for the trailer. It honestly doesn’t feel like they have given us anything with HBP like they used in the time between all of the other movies. I changed all of my plans around this weekend so my cousin and I could make sure we got to see Prince Caspian just in case. We had planned to go see it anyway but we weren’t in any rush to see it this week. I’m also mad at WB for not squashing this rumor from the start instead of sending us all into a frenzy to see Prince Caspian, the main reason it bothers me is because it seems intentional and far too convinient that they didn’t just squash it. I mean think about it, by not saying one way or the other it guarantees them more people might come to see Prince Caspian just in case they maybe slip in the HBP trailer. I just don’t appreciate WB trying to manipulate us into seeing this movie in the hopes that we might see a trailer that WB knows good and well is not even there. Not cool WB!

Avatar Image says:

phew, i’m a little relieved about the trailer because I didn’t really want to watch prince caspian now that I saw the trailers, but I still wanted to see the trailer in theaters so I was kind of planning to go, so yeah, i guess i don’t have to any more…bummer about the wait though

we probably are not going to see the hbp trailer until “get smart” on June 20

Avatar Image says:

So not only are we not getting the trailer, but the only official pics we’ve had so far, including this one, have been bland, uninspiring, and run-of-the-mill?

I’m beginning to hate the WB.

Avatar Image says:

I’m glad they aren’t releasing a ton of stuff for HBP beacuse if we see everything before the real movie comes out, it’ll be a boring movie because you already know what everything looks like and how they adapted action sequences and all… that’s what happened with GOF and it was as if I’ve seen the whole movie (except voldemort at the end)

Avatar Image says:

Well, there is such a thing as a happy medium, you know. The WB could give us something (besides three bland pictures, I mean) without showing every single scene in the movie, like they did with previous films.

(Personally, I didn’t have a problem with how much they showed of either GoF or OotP, but I know some people did, so…)

Avatar Image says:

Damn it. I wanted to watch the trailer with Narnia. curses WB Oh well, we’ll just have to wait some more for stuff.

But damn, I was all excited for tomorrow. :’(

Avatar Image says:

Saria, maybe for you is uninspiring, but for some of us, it is interesting. I prefer normal scenes like this one looks to be, more that things like senseless quidditch or snogging, which other people find inspiring…

Bella, WB has no interest in people going to see that movie, it’s not a WB movie. I don’t know why they didn’t deny the rumor, like you say it ’s really illogical. Are we sure they know about it? I don’t want to see that movie, because I don’t like the topics of those books, so I’m happy the HBP trailer won’t show with it. I think they will release a trailer soon in the internet and with other WB movie, like Erin implies. ;) I know with previous movies they showed many pics before releasing it, maybe with this one they are waiting a little more.

Avatar Image says:

Let’s not get ridiculous, here. What purpose would it serve WB to get all of the HP fans to go and see a Disney movie? That would give Disney more money, not WB. The trailer should and most likely will be before a WB movie. Erin’s probably right, because “Get Smart” had a preview on the OotP DVD. I also agree with the people who are glad that they’re not giving away as much with HBP as they did with OotP, because I remember the feeling I had when I first saw OotP—BOREDOM! I didn’t enjoy it as much, and I think their giving everything away was part of the reason for that (the other being that I just hated what they cut, changed, and added; it made no sense to cut certain things when it would have taken all of two minutes to keep it in).

Avatar Image says:

I like the idea that Harry may be sorting the detention cards-although the background is very unfamiliar to Hogwarts, and it’s very light-almost sunlit. Perhaps it’s a room we haven’t seen yet?

He looks like he’s sort of stopped in motion though—which is interesting. Maybe he’s listening to the crowd noise from the Quiddtich pitch and wondering what’s going on…or maybe he’s run across his father’s name…

It has the feel of detective work, though there’s very little of that that he does on his own.

At first I was very disappointed by this photo, but now I’m kind of intrigued.

Avatar Image says:

Oh yeah, Brian, Harry looking down at what are presumably some detention cards. That’s FASCINATING!!! Who needs an action scene when you can watch someone FILING??!!

/sarcasm

Avatar Image says:

Sorry, you guys, but that does NOT look like he’s holding detention cards—it looks like thick packaging wrap, if you know what I mean? It looks like a package to me. Either that, or the Marauder’s Map. Also, that doesn’t look like a filing cabinet or chest of drawers at all; it looks like a trunk.

@ Brian

I’m so very very very sorry for not finding the picture as interesting as you do. And obviously, because I don’t care for the picture, then I must only be interested in silly things like Quidditch and snogging! (eyeroll)

Eh, sorry, I’m in a pissy mood tonight.

Avatar Image says:

Sorry, OR that could be a box. And it looks like he’s at the end of a bed. The thing to his side looks like the end of a bed frame, and there are curtains on the wall…. It doesn’t look like Hogwarts at all. I still think that it’s in a house, most likely the Burrow.

Avatar Image says:

WE WANT A TRAILER NOW WARNER BROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Seriously?!!! Why can’t they just release the trailer already? I’m dying for some HBP action. At the very least some stills?

pretty please WB?!!

Avatar Image says:

It just looks like a camera shot type thingy that’s he’s looking in really. Like how it looks in the Sneak Peek of HBP on the OotP DvD when Harry and Ginny are kissing(?!). Yeah ….

On to the heart-breaking news – ARE YOU KIDDING ME? The trailer is not coming out? I’ve been counting down ever since they told us it might be! And I was ready to party all day tomorrow! I’ve been posting bulletins on Myspace all through this month about it, and now I just cried my heart out when I read that. That was so heart-breaking, my gosh. And now I’m trembling to even type this …. :( This is very sad news, and I really hope they release the teaser trailer VERY soon – otherwise I`m going to have a spasm attack, seriously. I’m so thirsty and hungry for HBP news !

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Saria that it doesn’t have to be feast or famine. It’s entirely possible for the WB to give us tantalizing tidbits without giving away too much and spoiling it. With OotP, it was feast, and now with HBP, it seems to be famine. I wish they would find some middle ground. They really need to tell us when we’ll get the teaser trailer, at least.

And I can’t say I find the picture very intriguing. I mean, it’s mildly interesting for about half a minute, while you wonder what Harry could be looking at, but beyond that, there’s not much to spur the imagination. Also, I’m annoyed that the WB didn’t even officially release this photo; as I understand it, it was found by Oclumencia in a random post on a random forum. So we don’t even have the WB to thank for this.

Avatar Image says:

i acctually just started crying.

i hate you, WB. you might think that this is a good was to get new fans by not giving us anything, and then just a day before the movie comes out, you throw us everything,but no. you STINK.

Avatar Image says:

To me, it almost looks as if he’s pulling a small drawer out of the side of a trunk. Very strange-but that’s what I see. And that definitely could be a bed rail behind him-as Bella suggested. Maybe it is the burrow, though the room looks to big to be Ron’s bedroom—and the walls aren’t orange.

Avatar Image says:

Oh…foggy pictures and a picture of Harry opening a drawer. Who cares! Post when you have so real news!

Avatar Image says:

Danielle, just because you don’t agree with me it doesn’t mean you have to joke about my opinion, that’s childish. ;)

Saria, I didn’t say you found those things inspiring, I said some people do, and other people like me are looking foward to see other types of scenes, like this one maybe is. For me seeing someone flying on a broom means nothing, we’ve already seen that many times. Seeing Harry’s reaction when he sees those detention cards can be a very emotional scene, seeing him saving Ron in the bezoar scene can be much more excitig than an action scene with lots of special effects, seeing the scene when he meets Slughorn for the first time (I think that room can be the house Harry and Dumbledore visit to look for him) can be funnier and more entertaining than a snog, seeing Harry entering the room when he hides the book for the firt time can be very interesting knowing all that will happend there in the future… So whatever scene it is, yes, it can be interesting. I’m sorry there won’t be a trailer tomorrow, but that’s not a reason to stop appreciatting other things. :)

Avatar Image says:

nina – I agree very much with you, except for the fact that WB stinks, because if it wasn’t for them, we wouldn`t have Potter movies at all, pretty much. But yes, I do agree that it stinks just the day before …....

Avatar Image says:

I NEED the trailer to come out during the Narnia film. I really hope we are all wrong and it does. I’m going to go see it anyway just in case. I am so anxious for this trailer.

Avatar Image says:

Well, I never really believed the trailer was coming out in front of Narnia, it made no sense for them to do it in front of a Disney film. I was still going to go see it just in case! But now that can wait. I think our best hope is in front of Get Smart in June. At least that is what I am hoping for. The next WB option after that is July and if we have to wait that long I am going to pull my hair out by the roots and run screaming through town naked. No one wants that. :)

I like the pic, at least it is something. I agree that we got too much before OoTP and I am even one of those people who thinks “more is more,” not “less is more,” but that was just way too much, we’d practically seen the whole movie before it came out. I am with the people looking for a middle ground, which would include some REAL INFO and the trailer RIGHT NOW!! I can’t wait much longer!

On the pic, though, I sort of thought it looked like a package as well, not a filing cabinet. What if they have decided to include a scene with Harry getting the mirror from Sirius? Maybe it was found at 12 Grimmauld Place after everything that happened at the Ministry with Harry’s name on the package or something, and a little note from Sirius, “Dear Harry, you can use this to reach me at any time…” blah blah to help set up DH? DD could deliver it to him when he picks him up from Privet Dr and Harry doesn’t open it until he’s at Hogwarts, or something along those lines. I wish we had a bigger version of it, now I’ll have to go back and look at it again. Hmmmm.

Avatar Image says:

Speaking of the HBP sneak peek from the OotP dvd, I couldn’t figure out how to get that, can anyone tell me? Or link me somewhere the explains it?

Avatar Image says:

maybe it’s a good sign that they (WB) didn’t deny nor confirm the release of the trailer with caspian, perhaps it means the trailer is just on the horizon and they want to surprise us very soon :)

@ Brian

I’m happy to appreciate other things, I just honestly don’t find the picture that interesting, and I can’t help feeling let down by what the WB has released so far. But I’m glad that you find the picture intriguing.

Avatar Image says:

Interesting theory LemonFaerie! It could be it, but I seriously don’t have an IDEA of what he’s doing.

As for the trailer (screams) I can’t believe this, I told myself “I will not get my hopes up” because this was just a rumor…but I couldn’t help it ok? I’m desperate for some HBP stuff! And I had already planned my whole day to get to see Prince Caspian, I actually like Narnia but now I don’t want to see it…I’m too angry :’(

Ok, I’ll still go see it, just in case (still hoping)

some random person: give up! It’ll not be there!

me: YES IT WILL! IT WILL!

Avatar Image says:

LemonFaerie—I LOVE that idea about Sirius’ mirror! I seriously hope that’s what it is, or at least that they do introduce the mirror at some point! They need to in order to get DH to run smoothly, and that shouldn’t take much time out of HBP at all! I’m crossing my fingers.

Avatar Image says:

Brian, the sarcasm of my comment was mainly a response to what I perceived to be the pompousness in your own comment. You were pretty snide about the people who are looking forward to “silly things” like Quidditch and snogging, implying that you’re oh-so-superior because you’re more interested in other things.

Anyway, that’s what that was about. I might have overreacted a bit, but I can’t honestly say I’m sorry because, well, I’m not.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks for understanding Saria, I just like to overanalyze all, no matter what it is, I can’t help it. There wouldn’t be too much to analyze with a pic of someone with a broon… it would be just someone with a broom, so I guess that’s why I find these kind of pics more interesting, we can wonder what scene it is. I would like they would have released more too, although at the same time, I always complained they showed too much before the previous movies were released, so I hope they don’t show too much for this one.

WB never said the trailer would be attached to this movie, so it’s not really their fault, people shouldn’t believe rumors. And there has to be a reason to explain why they didn’t deny it, I can’t believe I’m defending WB… there is a first time for everything I guess.

Avatar Image says:

Lady Whizbee—As for the room not looking like Ron’s, I thought they were sleeping in Fred and George’s room in HBP because they were living above their shop in Diagon Alley.

Avatar Image says:

Went back and stared at the pic for several minutes… I think he’s got to be at the Burrow, that background is totally unfamiliar. But it could still be the mirror if DD gives it to him at Privet Dr before they go get Sluggy… I just want to take this little theory and run with it, LOL. But after all, they really do have to introduce the mirrors somewhere, don’t they? I don’t know how they’d get all the plot happenings where Aberforth helps the trio out in DH otherwise. Of course, they switch things around so much, who can really say, but it would be nice if they would try to work some canon back in there. :)

Avatar Image says:

The thing he’s looking in just really looks like his trunk. But I`m pretty sure it’s not because there’s a gosh darn drawer attached to the side. Maybe he’s in the Room of Requirement hiding his Potions book? But I seriously doubt it because wouldn’t they want that bust & the tiara? Hm. Just a guess about the RoR. =) But I’m agreeing with some people about him looking for a bezoar, but Harry doesn’t look that rushed or worried. I don’t know. We`ll just have to see. :)

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Nina, I think they’re mental, we’ve waited too long we need at least an official confirmation when the trailer will be released they owe it to us!!!! if they do not give me news soon I promise WB that I will not go to the cinema to see harry potter and I won’t buy the DVD, HOW DOES THAT SOUND, I’M THE ONE WHO IS LAUGHING NOW!!!!! WAHAHAHAHAAHAHA…....................okay I’m sorry but please give us something, if you give me a new pic of Ron & Lavender I promise you that I will see the movie 20 times!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOU OWE IT TO US.

Avatar Image says:

I personally can’t come up with any ideas as to what is happening in the pic, but he looks like he’s looking for something…besides looking pretty great… ah, I love him.

I hope the fact of that pic surfacing online means that we’ll get REAL pics soon, although, I hoped the same thing with the yarn pics, and still, we have nothing…

Avatar Image says:

It could still be a trunk, Christine, since they do sometimes have nifty little compartments in them (my grandmother used to have one like that). But I like what you say about it being the RoR. I definitely think it must be somewhere at Hogwarts, because the walls in the background look to me like they’re made of stone and possibly covered with some neutral-colored tapestries. It just doesn’t look at all to me like anything we’ve seen of the Burrow.

The only other thing I can think of is that he might be in the boys’ dorm, getting the Felix Felicis out of his trunk before using it on Slughorn. He could have hidden the Felix in that niftly little compartment in his trunk. Meh, probably not, but it’s a theory, LOL.

Avatar Image says:

I hate it when WB keeps us so uninformed! When will they give us any news?

Avatar Image says:

@ Cristipotter: LOL, I agree, Dan is easy on the eyes. If nothing else, the pic gives us something pretty to look at. :D

Yes, yes I am that shallow.

Avatar Image says:

awwhhh. i wanted to watch the trailer! How come twilight has it’s trailer out already when it’s coming out after half blood prince?!?

Avatar Image says:

oh shoot! I wanted to see the trailer! I am going to see the movie tomorrow, and basically i wanted to see it BECAUSE of the trailer :(. Oh well, it gonna come out eventually

Avatar Image says:

Im pretty sure this is the scene where Harrys finds Sirius’ mirror.

Avatar Image says:

There’s one question about this trunk (presumably it’s a trunk) that’s on my mind, though: Why would Harry’s trunk have an “S.” on it? Considering that his initials are HJP, that doesn’t make sense. Could it belong to Sirius? That seems like a longshot… but they do tend to add things that were never in the books, so, I don’t know. To me, it looks like from left to right in the background of the picture: a door, wallpaper, curtains. But the wallpaper almost looks like the Black family tree… but that’s confusing, because I don’t remember them going back to Grimmauld Place in HBP.

As for it not looking like anything we’d seen in the Burrow, we’ve never seen Fred’s and George’s room, either, which I’m pretty sure is where Harry and Ron were sleeping.

I don’t know why, but I always pictured those cards Harry was sorting through in HBP as being in wooden boxes (without lids), like they have in some libraries, somewhat old fashioned.

That room isn’t chaotic enough and stuffed with enough hidden junk to be the RoR.

Avatar Image says:

@ Nico: Is that information you got from your insider contact?

Please say that it is, because we’re dying here for something we can sink our teeth into! =)

Avatar Image says:

WHY HAS TWILIGHT GOT IT’S TRAILER OUT AND HALF BLOOD PRINCE HASN’T, WHEN HALF BLOOD PRINCE COMES OUT BEFORE TWILIGHT!

Avatar Image says:

Bella, Harry did sleep in Fred & George’s room, you’re right. But from what I remember of the Burrow as seen in CoS, and the brief glimpse in GoF, the house was very warm and cozy and filled with bright colors. That room in the picture, on the other hand, is filled with very bland, neutral colors. It’s true we haven’t seen Fred & George’s room before, but it seems weird to me that their room would look that different from the rest of the Burrow. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against it being in the Burrow or anything, I just don’t think it is.

I hadn’t even noticed the S on top of the trunk! I think Nico must be right, and this is where Harry finds the mirror.

Hi-Res, please…

Avatar Image says:

Harry opens a secret compartment in Sirius’ old trunk and finds… dun dun dun Harry finds the THE MIRROR or perhaps the locket?

Avatar Image says:

If that really is an “S”, maybe it stands for Slughorn ?!

Avatar Image says:

and i was going to c Narnia tomorrow b/c i was excited about the trailer/. bummer.

Live, Love,Harry Potter!

Avatar Image says:

Freakin’ C’MON, WB. Give us something! ANYTHING official! For god’s sake, what’s taking so long?!

Avatar Image says:

Just a thought, that it could still be Fred & George’s room at the Burrow because don’t forget they have moved out by then, so the room would be pretty much stripped, other than the bunch of boxes of their left over stuff that were still there when Harry stayed there. Maybe Molly hadn’t had time to “redecorate” after they left. Also, if the “S” on the trunk does stand for Sirius, then it could be his trunk of personal possessions that DD maybe sent along to Harry and the mirror could be in there. Possibly. Reaching, I know, but I really like the mirror delivery theory. :)

Avatar Image says:

heard recently: HBP teaser attached to Dark Knight. Will be DMR-ed for IMAX. Rumored to be 1 min + few seconds long. (likely to be 15 to 25 seconds shorter than the usual teaser). We are unlikely to see “new faces” (I don’t mean Slughorn…)

HBP “full” trailer is supposed to be the usual (appx.) 2 1/2 min in length. Tentatively scheduled for 3rd week of September (might come a week earlier though, if decision is made to promote with opening of Equus). Might surprise you in more ways than one.

as for the picture, I can’t seem to divine with certainty, but a certain black shaggy something would be close.

Avatar Image says:

It’s ridiculous that they are making us wait so long for even a single promo picture let alone a teaser tralier.

Avatar Image says:

OK, how about this: he is sitting on a bed in Fred & George’s old room, which is stripped of all their stuff except some boxes they left behind, one of which is directly behind him, another of which is underneath the trunk, which is why it is at eye level while he’s sitting on the bed. There is a door to the hall behind him on the left and a window on the right, and in between on the walls is the sort of crazy colorful and fun wallpaper that characterizes the Burrow to me. In the package (it really does look like some sort of package to me, not a drawer) is the mirror and a note from Sirius, the mirror was either broken in transit or is about to be when Harry tries to call Sirius with it and cannot reach him. It could be a very emotional scene. It looks like daylight, which could be a problem as Harry arrived at the Burrow after midnight, but maybe he waited until the next day to open the trunk.

Also, where are you guys seeing an “S” on the trunk anyway? I have looked and looked but my old eyes can’t pick it out. Is it on the top, that sort of lighter squiggle? Maybe my monitor is too dark.

Avatar Image says:

Bella - You’re right. I was just thinking of Christmas when Harry stays in Ron’s room, not the summer-I don’t know why. Perhaps because I was thinking about what he could possibly opening and the only thing I knew of was the package of maggots from Kreacher. But that makes no sense here. It certainly doesn’t fit his expression, anyway.

Hmm…perhaps Harry receives a trunk as part of Sirius’s will? That might explain the ‘S’ or why Harry is looking in this trunk at all. Dumbledore does tell him that he’s inherited Sirius’s fortune, and maybe the trunk came along as part of that. Although, why Sirius would want him to have the mirror after his death makes no sense at all.

Perhaps Sirius sent a package to Harry but for whatever reason Harry didn’t receive it until after he’s died. That would be really rather shocking to Harry, now wouldn’t it?

sigh My theories are getting more an more random…

Though I will say, the background doesn’t have the feel of the burrow. The recent set report stated that everything was odd sized and shaped—this just doesn’t seem like that type of atmosphere to me even if it is a bedroom and not the main portion of the house.

Avatar Image says:

LemonFaerie—I’m 100% with you on this Sirius’ mirror theory. I desperately want that to be right. Please, O’ Holy Movie Gods, let it be.

Avatar Image says:

Well, The Dark Knight is at least a WB film, so it makes more sense than Caspian, I guess. But dude, the Dark Knight doesn’t come out until JULY. We have to wait until JULY??!! (insert another temper tantrum here)

A shaggy black something, you say? Interesting…

Avatar Image says:

WAIT! Not until Dark Knight???? But that is not out until JULY!!!!! OK, I have to go have a major tantrum. Back later.

Avatar Image says:

LemonFairie, use your brower and zoom in on the photo. Using Explorer I can magnify the webpage by 400%. Then you can see the faint ‘S’ on the side of the trunk.

Now my question: Why do I keep getting strike-throughs when I don’t tell it to do so?? Very frustrating!

Avatar Image says:

Wow thats real dumb that was going to be the only reason to see the movie…Lol i watched the first narnia movie so i actually got it. lol i know im slacking a little bit

Avatar Image says:

WAIT!! Not until the Dark Knight??? But that doesn’t come out until JULY!!! OMG!!! OK, I have to go have a major tantrum right now. Back later.

(Thanks, Bella! It would be very cool if that was right! I am sure it will prove to be something 180 degrees the other way, LOL, that seems to be how it always goes. At least we have some small piece of something to speculate on for a bit!)

Avatar Image says:

The “S.” is in the corner, on the side facing us. It is very hard to see, I have to get close to my screen in order to see it, stupid LCD.

Oops, splinched myself.

Thanks, Lady Whizbee! I will try that. On the strikethroughs, its from using the dashes and a space between the dash and the words, so if I do this:

- OMG – it should get a strikethrough, but this way:

O-M-G it should not, because there are no spaces. No watch, it will be completely different than what I said, LOL, but that seems to be how it happens. :)

Avatar Image says:

@ Lady Whizbee: It does that strikethrough thing every time you use a dash and don’t put a space between the dash and the next word, like this. I think if you put a space between the dash and the next word, it will work out okay – like this.

(I’m crossing my fingers and hoping that works, otherwise I’ll look like a right idiot, LOL.)

Avatar Image says:

Yep, no strikethrough. Maybe it needs to be inside a line of type. I’ll try one more thing.

I want that – trailer – so – bad!

Avatar Image says:

Hm. Sorry, Lady Whizbee, I have no clue how you are getting the strikethroughs, then! LOL

Thanks, Bella, I will look for it again, Lady Whizbee told me how to enlarge it, hopefully that will make it clearer.

Avatar Image says:

finally there’s a new photo, but it doesn’t give out much info about the movie. im so sad about the trailer though, i was going tomorrow to see prince caspian just so i could watch the trailer.

Avatar Image says:

No problem, LemonFaerie—it’s a good theory, or at least one that I want to be true, even if it doesn’t end up being close, it’s something to hope for!

Side note: I thought your avatar said “acne class” at first, haha. :D

LOL, Bella! Maybe I should resize it to try to get the “D” in there! hahahaha

Oh, Ashley figured out the strikethroughs! Good job!

Avatar Image says:

Hmmm… what looks like the door to me is warped. Does that make sense with the Burrow too? I mean, considering that Harry’s impression of it was that it was held together by magic…. Maybe that’s actually just more curtains, I don’t know.

Twilight Rocks!!!!

Avatar Image says:

And thank you, Twilight troll, for not being funny at all..

Anyway, the pic rocks, I love his hair! * ruffles *

Avatar Image says:

Based on the set report from a few days ago, where she described the Slughorn classroom as having lots of gold elements, I would venture that this is Harry looking for the bezoar. He may not looked panicked, but he wasn’t in that scene, that was when Ron nearly died in Slughorn’s office. In the classroom he was concentrated, and that’s how he looks to me. I would doubt the whole detention scene is in.

Avatar Image says:

Bella – are you talking about the ‘item’ behind Harry’s shoulders? It does look like a door, and I agree it does look slightly warped. Hmm…maybe it is the burrow.

Avatar Image says:

When II said that it has to do with a certain “black shaggy something”, he could have meant Padfoot. That would mean it is Sirius’s mirror, or it could at least mean that Sirius’s mirror is in the movie somewhere anyway. The only other black shaggy something would be Snape, but he’s more greasy, not shaggy.

Avatar Image says:

it’s too large of a room to be the burrow.

Perhaps…

Since the burrow is attacked, the Weasleys go to live at Grimmauld place, where this scene is taking place and Harry opens Sirius’ old school trunk and finds Sirius’ mirror…

that’s my bet…

Avatar Image says:

If we have to wait until July just for a teaser I am going to scream! I can’t believe WB is being so slack about promoting HBP! This is ridiculous!

Avatar Image says:

Ooooh, Jimi, now THAT makes sense! Yes, I can see that happening. So Harry is in Sirius’ room. You know, that could explain something else I have been wondering about. ON the sneak peak they did a while ago there is a scene of Dan being interviewed and he is sitting in a chair in the room with the Black Family Tree on the walls. I figured they were just using the set for interviews or something because it was there, convenient. But that would make SO much more sense if they actually go back to Grimmauld Place in the film!!

Avatar Image says:

I still think this is him GETTING the book, either after he hid it or when Slughorn sent him to get it. It looks like he’s holding a tattered book similar to the one in the other photo of him. Not to mention, isn’t he wearing the same clothes in both of those promos?

Avatar Image says:

HAHA that was very funny Twilight fan… wth was that about…

anyway….

DARK KNIGHT??! (cries)

That doesn’t come out til JULY!! WB, at least release some high res pics, for the love of God…!

Avatar Image says:

EruditeWitch, you read my mind. That was what was bugging me too. Harry is wearing the same clothes as he was wearing in the earlier promo we saw where he was wandering the corridors before potions class. It would be weird if they had him wearing the exact same clothes at the Burrow or Grimmauld Place as we’ve already seen him wear at Hogwarts.

Avatar Image says:

I totally agree with the lot of you who are in favor of WB’s actions. Especially with you Arithmancer. I believe it could defiantely be a cover-up for a BIG (and I mean seriously BIG!) character reveal. The small evidence of HBP’s existance, the few pictures, and most of all; THE TEASER TRAILER! Count it up, there’s only been three official pictures released. Remember J.K Rowling’s comment way back when: She likes a good mystery! WB is completely and 360 degree honoring her wish. Suprizes are Harry Potter’s biggest allie! If there weren’t, Harry’s story would’ve been different on the quantum level!

Think about it. Question WB’s side before you assume WB is picking, or torturing for some, us! Their intentions are good on the level of respect and dignity toward HP’s author: J.K. ROWLING!

Sorry to burst y’alls bubbles. but bubbles are meant to pop at some point.

Avatar Image says:

Wot! NO Myrtle! Maybe they thought after that big scene with Harry in the prefect’s bathroom it would look weird if she was now after Draco? Or they didn’t want Draco pouring his heart out, period, so Harry wouldn’t look bad, and to keep the storyline focused on Harry.

Though the whole Draco/Myrtle thing was a plotline that never seemed to go anywhere. Maybe in a movie it’s not necessary to explain what he’s up to because they’re going to show it. Cut cut cut. Sectumsempra!

Oh well, we’ll always have the books.

Avatar Image says:

Big character reveal? Well, it’s a nice idea, but frankly, it sounds like wishful thinking to me. I don’t know why the WB is taking so long to give us a teaser trailer or some hi-res pics, but I have a hard time believing it’s solely because they respect JKR so much, or because they’ve got some huge treat in store for the fans. I guess I’m just cynical that way.

Jimi, I like your idea about it being at Grimmauld Place! I don’t think it could be the Burrow, because the room is too spacious and airy, and as someone else said, the colors are completely different from what we’ve seen of the rest of the Burrow. But at the same time, it doesn’t look like Hogwarts, either. And as Lemon Faerie said, Dan did do that HBP interview in front of the Black family tree in Grimmauld Place, which also lends some credence to the idea that this scene could be taking place there.

Avatar Image says:

I’m starting to lose my patience with WB, too! I don’t get why we still have nothing close to a teaser trailer from them, when I’ve already seen teaser trailers of movies that are coming out AFTER Half-Blood Prince (like, the “Twilight” trailer!). Seriously, WB….you’re doing a terrible job at keeping fans happy.

Avatar Image says:

the pic is harry looking at the map to find malfoy ,and the shot was in the boys dorm.

Avatar Image says:

the trailer is going to be out with narnea.

Avatar Image says:

Has anyone here seen Prince Caspian and confirmed that a teaser trailer infact isn’t being shown,if not then wait till later on today.I’am really hoping they do,cause we fans deserve a teaser trailer atleast and not a 30-60 second one neither.I’am hoping atleast 2 min.Please WB we fans are desperate,and us fans is all WB has cause if not for the loyal HP fans they would make no money off HP movies.I’am I right HP fans or what!Just one more thing,I know WB ahs not released alot of HBP stuff for us and it just makes us wonder if they are up to something.I hope they start promoting HBP soon to get us all hyped for it I mean more than we already are.lol.I mean they started promoting The Dark Knight a year ago at comic con 2007,and it has so many people hyped,thats what HBP needs.

Unannounced casting?

Cus it’ll probably be THAT exciting, oh yes.

My WB cynicism, let me show you it. :P

Avatar Image says:

Well I’m really disappointed about having to wait until July. Hopefully they’ll have something (maybe not the full trailer) before then. At one point I was actually hoping that the WB would run something with Speed Racer. I can’t imagine them running anything with Get Smart or the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants so The Dark Knight is the best guess. As far as the pic goes… I’m still thinking in line with the folks who said it was a detention shot. Doesn’t look like Filtch’s office but it seems to fit.

Avatar Image says:

No trailer…I was hoping for it so bad! :-( Why are they keeping us waiting for so long? At least one teaser trailer…it couldn’t hurt them!!

The picture looks interesting,though I can’t think of where it might be. I mean, it doesn’t look like Snape’s DADA office,and it’s definitely not the scene where Harry’s searching for the bezoar, he looks calm in this picture. Maybe it’s somewhere in The Burrow?

Avatar Image says:

Maybe we’ll hear from someone on the east coast who saw the midnight screening of Prince Caspian. If the trailer isn’t released with narnia, maybe Indiana Jones next weekend (?) Just trying to be positive :)

Avatar Image says:

“Well, I hope you’re all geared up to find out who’s going to play Judson. Or the ‘large blond’ death eater.”

Posted by fishscale on May 16, 2008 @ 12:18 AM

What? I’ve been casting Thorfinn Rowle in my mind for months! Can’t wait! Um… yeah.

I know, I know, big surprises aren’t likely at this point. I just fell in love with John’s fantasy with Tony Blair. ;)

Avatar Image says:

no way, i’ve been waiting for the trailer… whew… i thought it was it. gosh! i was craving for it though. well life’s like that, we have to wait for another update.. well,,, that’s it… hope to hear some news about the updates of HBP or DH, i would really be thrilled, and not only me….

Avatar Image says:

hmmm is harry riffling thru hermione’s drawer for her undies?perhaps the ‘rumour’ that she wears see-thru ones made him do that..lol or is he perhaps searching it to know if she does wear matching undies?hahhaaa

on the serious note,hbp teaser not out yet hmm?wonder when it’ll be…

Avatar Image says:

Just realized that I’ve been watching the same “Get Smart” trailer for about a year now. Is that what’s been keeping the WB trailer makers busy or are they just really, really behind?

Anyway… thought Jimi’s idea was pretty good. LOVED EMMA’S COMMENTS. Wishful thinking perhaps?? LOL :)

Avatar Image says:

tis a most puzzling picture and nothing i can think of jives with anything in the book so i have come to the conclusion that is either something new added to HBP or a scene from the book that has been heavily modified, because harry is not in hogwarts uniform and i think he would be for dentention or in class, and the fact he doesn’t seem rushed enough to getting the bezoar to save ron, id think that where this is is not at hogwarts, as for the trunk being sirus’ or sent by sirus just prior to his deathi could see it being held up by new security measures put in place so that harry would not get it until a month or so later, as herimione says the MoM can hold the contents of a wizard’s will for up to 30 days to investigate for possible dangerous dark magic items, I did have one odd ball idea for the pic , Its harry in the pensieve looking into young tom riddles box of stolen items , bit i can’t see that happening as it would be a huge departure from the books and therehas been no indication that inanimate objects in a memory could be touched or held

Avatar Image says:

took another look at the photo enlarged to 400%. The rounded doorway in the background looks very similar to the doorway in the DADA teacher’s office when Umbridge was in there. Maybe it is Slughorn’s office????

Avatar Image says:

I want my trailer back…..

Avatar Image says:

finally main chracter picture.i think harry is in dursley’ house.

Avatar Image says:

yeah the trailer was not attached where I saw it…:-( movie was still awesome though

Avatar Image says:

I can confirm that the trailer is not attached to Prince Caspian. I just got home from watching it and it was very disappointing. picture looks like he is Privet Drive, the wall coloring matches the other movies.

Avatar Image says:

AGH. No trailer.. You are a crap friend, WB!

Avatar Image says:

WB you’re really starting to piss of the fans! where is the TRAILER?????

Avatar Image says:

WHAT? NO Caption contest?!? Perhaps not surprising, seeing as how everyone went riot with Ron’s nuts in the first one (and probably last). Oh well.

Avatar Image says:

So is Prince Caspian any good? Better than Lion perhaps? Erictipton? anyone? If no one tells me, I will tell a bad caption joke and believe me, you do not want to hear it..bwahaahaa

Avatar Image says:

Pixie inside box: “Knock Knock”

Harry: “Who’s there?”

Pixie: “Harry!”

Harry: “But…but I’m Harry”

Pixie: “No, harry up and open this damn box, I’m suffocating in here”

So, I’ll ask again, is Prince Caspian any good? (evil grin)

Avatar Image says:

A trailer with The Dark Knight would work well for me. It’s one of only two other movies i’m interested in seeing this year – no prize for guessing the other! Also, I like the idea of the photo being connected to the mirror from Sirius. I’m convinced they’ll work it into HBP somehow.

Avatar Image says:

Mirror Mirror in the Box.

Who is the tallest of us lot?

You are, oh Harry, who is cool

As long as you are standing on a stool

I think I’m becoming Peeves of the Comment Board. annoying, and hard to get rid of. Though the difference is Peeves is funny.

So is Prince Caspian any good?

Avatar Image says:

I think this picture is from that part of the story, when, Harry’ll be serving detention under Severus, and while opening a cabinet, he’ll find the criminal record entries for James & Co.
Atleast, it looks like that to me!
Oh, and what about the trailer???
I’ve been looking forward to meeting the so called “Tom Riddle Blah” and throw curses at him!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Perhaps that photo is at Slughorn’s house. Theres a letter S on the trunk.

Avatar Image says:

Shame about the trailer, though Prince Caspian dosen’t come out to the 26th of June over here in the UK so could their have possibly been a mix up

Avatar Image says:

Well people I found out that this scene is from HBP and its where Harry is in the Noble House of Black. LOL Sirius ’s House and he is looking around remembering his lost god-father.

Avatar Image says:

Joking sorry thought that was a bit funny!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Aww, no trailer??? That really sucks! I’m really peeved off.

Avatar Image says:

N-no trailer? Oh, for heavens sake! They’re really annoying me now. Do they want us to see it, or not?

Avatar Image says:

RE: Picture…My money’s on “Snape’s detention”. Why: it looks like a “file cabinet” with drawers, and Harry seems a little dismayed…. RE;Trailer…..Yep. A WB movie would NEVER be attached to a Disney film [And HARRY POTTER?! No way .Remember their “policy” of not promoting any other films than their own. LOLROF] I’m pretty sure. However, I don’t think it was anything on WB’s part. I think it was some sort of ploy, on the part of Disney’s Publicity Department, tIt would help to get more to see ‘Prince Caspian’. [Disney WOULD “stoop that low”, given their recent “track records”] It won’t be a Disney movie, but there are movies, from other companies, that will be out before June 20…maybe one of them? I seriously don’t think WB is going to make us wait much longer….JMHO

Avatar Image says:

Warner Bros. please, start teasing us! :)

Avatar Image says:

umm the picture is very interesting, i have to say it’s either in slughorn “house” or it’s like someone said when harry is redoing the student disciplinary cards, ohh it could one of the potions lessons. i reckon we’ll know soon enough. and i’m with you all i want the demn trailer already. though looking back the second movie also came out in Nov it’s first trailer came out in early june so i think we’ve got another month or so before we’ll see the trailer.

Avatar Image says:

Oh my goodness! I just can’t wait any longer! Why do we not have a trailer yet? And didn’t we have a supposed description for the HBP trailer just a couple of weeks ago? What’s up with that?

The fact that it could be released with the Dark Knight just seems very unlikely…that would be too close to the actual theatrical release (full length) trailer- something that WB has never done with the HP films…pr at least I think.

The GOF teaser was released in May, I believe with the November release date. Does anyone remember the release of the OOTP teaser trailer?

Avatar Image says:

I was also counting down to it coming out today!! I’m so disappointed! Are they never gonna give us that teaser!? This far, the marketing for this movie sucks!!

Avatar Image says:

Madeline, the OotP teaser was released November 2006, a good 8 months before the release of the film. That made sense at the time though. GoF had been out for a year, and November was a busy season for films. I had predicted that the Teaser would be released for Speed Racer, but I think WB really wants to wait a full year between OotP release and the HBP teaser. It stinks, and I’m pretty frustrated myself. However, It makes a lot of sense for WB to wait and release it in front of Dark Knight (maybe even Get Smart if we’re lucky).

If that does happen, I expect we’ll get quite a few new images before then to tide us over. Granted, I thought that back in March, so who knows.

Avatar Image says:

Guys, guys, guys…settle down a bit. I understand the need to see some footage from the movie, but c’mon. All this fury and blame at both Disney and WB is kinda misplaced. I do not believe this was some giant conspiracy to get people into theatre seats to see Prince Caspian. Whether you like the Narnia books and films or not (and I do like them), you have to admite that they have a large enough fan base to bring in big money no matter what. The first Narnia film made Harry Potter/Lord of the Rings style money, with mostly unknown actors, a semi-veteran director, and the big unknown as to whether people would go see it as a rolicking fantasy film and not just a religious parable. The money it made was not based only on the fact that many Christians went to see it (ala Passion of the Christ). If that was the case, then Lord of the Rings only made money because Tolkien was a practicing Catholic, and Potter only made money because it was embraced by Wiccans. These are all absurd arguments…the films (and the books) did well because they are good, solid stories that were constructed well. I say all this because WB would have nothing to profit from letting a trailer for one of their films be attached to a Disney film, as has been stated before on this site. But also, IF Disney had concocted the rumor in order to bring in ticket sales, and WB obviously knew this was misinformation, why didn’t WB announce that it was a false rumor because it might mean a little more money going to their rival? It doesn’t make sense. There’s no conspiracy here, just some overeager Potter fans who are panicking because they haven’t got their fix yet. And to be honest with you all, why in the world would you pay 10 dollars or more to go see a film just so you could sit through the first five minutes and then walk out? If you hate the movie you are seeing, you’re giving business to that movie ensuring that sequels will get made. I didn’t hate the Narnia movies, but from the speech of some on this site they do, mostly because of religious overtones (of which there are many, some subtle and some not so subtle, in Potter). My point is, why support a movie you don’t like to catch a glimpse of one you do, especially when these days the trailers of films pop up on the internet so quickly? I actually paid money to see the Waterboy back in the late 90s, and I absolutely hate Adam Sandler and found the movie stupid and annoying, but I paid money to see it because the trailer for the Phantom Menace was attached to it. So I went to a bad movie simply to see a trailer for another movie, which turned out to be not so good anyway. I bought into the hype and paid the price for it…fair warning. Just go see a movie because you really want to, and if a trailer for a film you happen to want to see in the future pops up, great. I wish people 20 years ago could see us now, in the digital age, when we have advance warning of what trailers will be playing in front of certain movies, when in the past, people actually were surprised by trailers, did not get fed clips of films weeks before the film came out, did not get movies spoiled for them…people were able to go into a movie with a fresh and open mind.

I wan´t my trailer!

Avatar Image says:

Maybe WB wants to surprise us that is why up to now we’re still waiting, expecting, hoping, etc. Who knows? maybe one of these days they’ll give us the trailer. We just need a little more patience

Avatar Image says:

Just a random thought after looking at that picture…. I guess they no longer require students to be in their uniforms at hogwarts. more and more they’re just in regular muggle attire. in the books, they make it sound like people who live in the wizarding world have no idea how to dress like muggles, but in the movies it seems like even purebloods that have never lived in the muggle world have it down pretty well.

Avatar Image says:

my theory about the trailer? the movie doesn’t actually exist. It’s just a ploy. There’s no movie. none at all. That’s why we haven’t seen any trailers, any promotional pictures, not even a poster for the film and it’s coming out in 6 months. Or, should I say supposedly coming out in 6 months. It’s not really though. There’s no film at all. We should have received a poster by now. And a teaser trailer. And the full length trailer. and mind-numbing promotional material. And screenshots. and the screenplay, a step by step guide of the entire plot of the movie and the entire film bootlegged on YouTube.

No myrtle? D:

Avatar Image says:

Photo is interesting…and I knew that we won’t see the trailer this month. and thats OK….I mean they first have to finish filming…patience…GIVE ME THE BLOODY TRAILER WARNER BROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Trailer please! :D It’s got me checking back every day! And with Lost being so amazing (but Skate coming up which makes me sad), I need some nice HP to cheer me up! :) Hoping for a trailer soon…

Avatar Image says:

Strange, From what it looks like there is an “S” stamped on the side, is this a chest or a cabinet? hard to think of a chest having a little drawer on it. Lets talk about “S” for a sec,...I doubt its for snape but it could very well be slughorn, I tend to agree with Sheri, that its an alpabetical listing of the records Harry had to look through during Snapes detentions, OR could this be inside Slughorns pensive memories? Maybe they did something and twisted it around? Maybe since this is a film they actually moved Snapes office when he started teaching DADA, it would be a little hard to understand for many film lovers (who dont read the books) to understand why snape is still in the dungeons even though he’s not teaching potions and he is doing snapes detentions, Maybe they didnt want to put the “old records” in boxes but rather chests, I mean this is hogwarts where everything is “old worldish” would look rather odd to have cardboard boxes holding the files, I dont think it would fit the “flavor” of the movies. could be nothing at the orphanage, nothing at spinners end, I think it has too much light for 12 grimmuld place, and nobody at the burrow has any reason to have “S” stamped on the side of anything. no reason for it to be at diagon alley, I would guess its at hogwarts and it very well could be slughorns “potion kit” we see only one frame of film, maybe they didnt make Rons poisoning as bad as it is in the book? Maybe this is the instant that harry is getting something else from slughorns stash, like possibly the felix felisus? or that instant before ron drinks the wine? Maybe Harrys getting something to fix rons love sickness at this moment? I will bet that “S” is for Slughorn, its got to be?

Avatar Image says:

NO! i had been waiting since the last saturday! i hope we will see it soon!

Avatar Image says:

hmm.. well perhaps this is at Slughorns house? or maybe it’s during the pensive scene at the orphanage? Perhaps he’s looking through Riddles “trophies” from his younger days.

Avatar Image says:

WHAT? This is outrageous! We’ve been waiting for MONTHS to see this trailer, and a day BEFORE it is to be released we’re told this? I think a few people at WB need to be fired! It’s their job to tell us these things! Who cares if its not attatched to a WB movie? They attach trailers from otther companies on movies ALL THE TIME!!

God WB, GET YOU ACT TOGETHER, OR QUIT BEFORE YOU LOSE A LOT OF FANS!!

Avatar Image says:

maybe you’ve all noticed that a lot of studios aren’t releasing trailers until much closer to the actual film’s premier… it’s not just potter. take a breath; wouldn’t you rather let the anticipation build, anyway?

Avatar Image says:

Liz, calm down. WB never officially announced the teaser would be released for Caspian. Sue posted a rumour she heard from someone she thought was a good source a few weeks ago that it would come out today, but it was never confirmed, and Leaky made it clear that is what still a rumor and nothing was official.

Avatar Image says:

Because of the “S” we see in the photo on the trunk (or whatever it is…) at first I thought Slughorn;s and Harry was getting potion ingredients or something…

then I thought Snape’s detention but i didn’t think that worked, because an “S” wouldn’t be on the side of a filing cabinet in Filtch’s office…

So then I thought that it was Sirius’s old trunk or something that Harry was looking into… but then i realized that there isn’t a scene in HBP in which they are at headquarters…

so, basically, now I don’t know what to think… haha.

on the trailer note: i really can’t wait for it—-it can’t be long now… -Muggle-Born-Witch

Avatar Image says:

Oh, Leaky, how you invade my dreams! I dreamed this morning that the “huge casting announcement” was that Jo herself would be portraying Professor Sprout. Because we’ve just wished the Hufflepuff professor a happy birthday, I think. Eh, wow.

Avatar Image says:

I think a lot of people have been taking too many rumors as truth lately with tabloids, E! and tmz and have completely forgot, or never actually learned what the word rumor means. A rumor can be completely false. It doesn’t need evidence to exist and it will still be a rumor.

Avatar Image says:

The wait for the trailer is infuriating! By the way, if anyone is interested in joining the Harry Potter Half Blood Prince movie page on facebook, here’s the link:

Avatar Image says:

The problem with this lack of information is it gives us all too much time to obsess over any little scrap that does come out, like this pic. I have been thinking of nothing else since last night! (I know, get a life, right? LOL Can’t help it.) Originally I was sure it was Sirius’ trunk and Harry was opening a package with the mirror in it, either at Grimmauld Place (although I agree with someone else who said it looks too light to be 12 GP) or wherever. But now that I have pondered it some more, with the “S” on the side I think it is less likely to be SIrius’ trunk. Wouldn’t he have a “B” for “Black” on his trunk rather than a first initial? So, now I am back to its being either Slughorns or Snapes. Why can’t they give us tiny little captions with a bit of a clue when these photos come out? Just a SMALL clue…

Avatar Image says:

Joe, the anticipation have already build up plenty, enough already. They taken it too far.

Avatar Image says:

Why can I not see this “S”? Where on the trunk/drawer is it?

Avatar Image says:

Could it be the last day at the Dursleys’. He is going through his own trunk.

Avatar Image says:

Can’t anyone ask to WB something about the trailer?

Avatar Image says:

Dude… I’ve been waiting for the trailer for such a long time… This makes me sad…

Avatar Image says:

I think Harry is at Number Twelve in this picture. D’you guys remember the bits of script that leaked? In it, the Burrow was destroyed and the Weasleys and co. had to go to Number Twelve for Christmas. This was confirmed by one of the producers in an article. There IS a battle sequence of sorts at the Burrow.

In the image, I believe that Harry is looking through Sirius’s old school trunk, which would have been in Sirius’s bedroom.

Avatar Image says:

But in the bit of script that was leaked, at the end of the fight scene at the Burrow we immediately cut to Hermione and Harry talking back at Hogwarts. When are they supposed to have the scene where they go to no. 12 and he discovers this trunk?

I just don’t know…the only thing that I can think is that Harry gets it as a part of Sirius’s will. If it’s Sirius’s trunk at all. Which I’m beginning to doubt…

Avatar Image says:

Isn’t the photo depicting the scene where Harry has to do his detention in Filch’s office, sorting out the cards wherein the punishments to various past students were recorded….remember, he found several with his father and Sirius, while Filch was smirking in the background?

Avatar Image says:

I just want to see the trailer and that’s it.

Avatar Image says:

soooo bummed about the trailer, but at least theres a new pic. maybe we’ll have a trailer but at least July-i can’t wait for this movie!!!

Avatar Image says:

Maybe the marketing of this film will be slightly different since the series has finished,and all that anticipation about the ending is over. I don’t mean the movie won’t be good or people won’t see it, just that there could be a different strategy about the final movies to keep interest in them high. I don’t know, but timing of the trailers and pictures being released could be different related to that. As for the picture, he looks like he came across something he wasn’t looking for…...he looks sad to me.

Avatar Image says:

i havent read many comments, but has anyone suggested that he could be going through SLUGHORN’s stuff at his house? just an idea.

Avatar Image says:

I think it has to be somewhere at Hogwarts. The room looks too different from what we’ve seen of The Burrow, it’s too bright to be Grimmauld Place, and it looks nothing like Harry’s room at the Dursleys. It doesn’t exactly look like Hogwarts, either, but I still think that makes more sense than anything else. My guess is that he’s going through the detention cards. Not an original guess, I know, but there you have it.

But I’ll be honest. I really just want to see some KISSING, dammit! Call me shallow if you must, but that’s all I really want from the WB right now. Hi-res pictures of some serious snogging. Oh yes. I’m shallow and proud of it.

Avatar Image says:

They’re going to show the HPB trailer in front of The Dark Knight.

Avatar Image says:

the leaky cauldron said that the trailer was infact going to be at narnea but i just heard that it wasn’t that pisses me off.

@Lady Whizbee:

Yeah, I guess I just assumed that since the Burrow was destroyed, Number 12 would have been the logical place for the Weasleys to stay. That way the kids could find the locket, two-way mirror, and other artifacts. Plus, it just fits with this picture, in my opinion. But I might be completely and utterly wrong…. I want the film to come out!!

I agree with you, Remy. Forget random pictures of Harry. I want some H/G or R/Hr action! Or I suppose even Ron/Lavender would do…. D: I’m a big shipper, be it a bit shallow. The prospect of H/G finally appearing is what drives my excitement for HBP, apart from the other plot bits. : )

Avatar Image says:

No Myrtles crush on Draco??? No emotional outpour from Draco> No dramatic MURDER IN THE BATHROOM wailing? Wo that sucks rather royally. ¬_¬

NO MOANING MYRTLE!! AHHHHHHHHHH

But they said that that particular actress wasn’t going to play her anymore.. could that possibly mean that there will be a different actress for Moaning Myrtle?

Because Shirley Henderson is quite old (around 40-ish??) to be playing a teenage girl?... Anyways they better not cut moaning mytle…

Because if they do that spoils the whole Sectumsempra thing as well.. there will be no Moaning Myrtle SCREAMING in the background.. which gives the whole horror effect.

Avatar Image says:

It looks like he’s at the Dursley’s house. The curtains are white and as we saw them on Chamber of Secrets. It looks like Harry is going through a trunk and it has the letter S on it. Which I’m probably guessing it stands for Sirius. In the movie he could of had that stuff mailed to him after he got back to the Durley’s house. That’s what my theory is.

Avatar Image says:

It looks like we could be getting more pictures scince summer is coming.

Avatar Image says:

By the way: when are we going to see some pictures like that of the other cast members?

Avatar Image says:

“That sucks. And I was really looking foward too seeing it online. I have been waiting for it too come ever since they annoucned. It better be coming soon. Also that is a good picture of Harry.”

Who is this they? Nobody announced the trailer.

Avatar Image says:

One more thing, does anyone notice that evanna lynch’s website isn’t working right now?

To YodatheHobbit: Why did you use my lines? It was the leaky lounge,

Avatar Image says:

There is a scene in the attic bedroom in the burrow on Christmas eve when Ron is already asleep and Harry digs through his trunk to find the Advanced Potion-Making Book to discovered that it was “nearly 50 years old”. See U.S. version HBP pg 337. This could be the scene that the mystery photo of Harry is depicting, but who knows.

Avatar Image says:

I’m still convinced that this picture either takes place in the Burrow or at Sirius’ house. I don’t think there’s a chance that it’s at Hogwarts, in a memory (we’ve seen that you can’t grab things in memories, seeing as Dumbledore’s hand went through Harry in the memory in GoF), or at Slughorn’s house (why would they add something of Harry snooping in Slughorn’s house? What could he find there that would be of any importance? Seems like a ridiculous thing to make up out of thin air for the movies, they’ve never done anything that stupid).

Avatar Image says:

I dont think the trailer is coming in till dark knight come out…

Avatar Image says:

Jack – who said that the HBP trailer is going to come out during The Dark Knight? (What is The Dark Knight?! o_O) Show me where it says that, because I want to know… Did Leaky announce it? Or are you just making an assumption?

Avatar Image says:

I think filming ended this week and so the trailer won’t be coming out until june. also, I read a couple weeks ago that WB is not releasing a Teaser for HBP, but they are releasing a full length 2.5 minute trailer scheduled to release a month after the end of filming. I have a source that I can’t reveal, but I did still go and see Prince Caspian just in case he was full of crap. it seems he was not, so look for a full length trailer in June.

Avatar Image says:

“To YodatheHobbit: Why did you use my lines? It was the leaky lounge,”

I used you’re lines you’d know what I’m asking about. I just don’t see how Leaky reporting a rumor that the trailer comes out counts as a trailer announcement. They aren’t Warner Bros.

Avatar Image says:

i’m so depprese abput the trailer

Avatar Image says:

Was so sad that there was no new trailer that I remixed my own. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZKJ6yR7_nY

Just learning how to do this so it’s not very good but it was a good learning experience. Shout out to leaky – your name is all over this thing! LOL

Avatar Image says:

Since it didn’t make it for Narnia, I really won’t be surprised if we don’t get it until The Dark Knight in July. That is going to be the largest WB movie of the summer so I would really expect it to be attached to that. I hope it comes earlier than that, but I’m not expecting it before then.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah its true. I went last night and paid $7.50 just to try my luck. No trailer :( But hey Prince Caspian is good.

Avatar Image says:

Oh yeah since its a Warner Bros movie it could likely be attached to Batman: The Dark Knight. Who knows really. I going anyway I LOVE BATMAN…. and Poor Heath Ledger :(

Avatar Image says:

Twilight will beat Harry Potter at the box office!

Avatar Image says:

I seriously doubt that, TwilightRoxs. haha.

Spam much, TwilightRoxs?

I don’t know how much more I can take… I sure hope we get the trailer soon…

Avatar Image says:

Their are some movies coming this summer that could have the HP,HBP trailer on it. Like The Incredible Hulk, Sex and the City, The Strangers, Wanted, and The Dark Night. I’m guessing at least one of thoes movies has the HP,HBP trailer on it. Lets hope it does. Because I don’t think I can wait another 6 months for it too come out. I’m going to go nuts if it doesn’t come out soon.

Avatar Image says:

“Because Shirley Henderson is quite old (around 40-ish??) to be playing a teenage girl?... “

The reason they got an actress who was much older who could play young was because they knew she wouldn’t age over the period of the films, unlike if they had cast a young actress in the role. Therefore it’s not a case of them cutting Shirley, but cutting Myrtle. I guess they thought the special effects budget would be better spent elsewhere because it does cost a lot of money everytime you do Myrtle, or a Dobby, or anything else that involves special effects.

As much as I love Myrtle, I’m not going to condemn them for this, as I can see the scene being done effectively without her, and I am not going to judge anything in the film until I have seen it for myself.

Avatar Image says:

okay lets face people we may or may not have guessed where harry is and we won’t find out for certain until we get to see the movie unless we get lucky and they show enough of the scene harry is in inthe picture in the trailer to give us a crictical hint. but we musn’t count onthe trailer helping us much with this pic of harry. I just hope we get a trailer soon

Avatar Image says:

Dear TwilightRoxs – in the US maybe ; worldwide = NO CHANCE!!

Avatar Image says:

The only movies upcoming that I would guess that the trailer will be attached to are probably Get Smart or The Dark Night as they are the only WB movies to that point. No other studio is going to advertise it I would think. What trailers were attached to the Prince Caspian movie? Were they Disney related movies – anyone?

Avatar Image says:

Yeah no trailer on Caspian, they did have the new mummy movie trailer, its hard to tell what that will be like though. Caspian was good, and I have Indiana Jones next week to look forward to. Still want more on HBP though, oh well I will just have to wait.

Avatar Image says:

OMG !!! no trailor this is terrible :( i have been lookin forward to that for ages arr, well please let me know if there’s any news etc cant wait to see it :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Avatar Image says:

whoever the twilight fan is please get off of this page and stop dsissing all things harry potter. yes we know that you think that twilight with bet harry potter. good day. go to a twilight fan website

Avatar Image says:

I will remember that Slither…and when December comes around and Twilight WINS, I’m going to gloat!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

what is the point? this is a harry potter fan website. we don’t go around and post our rants on twilight fan websites. if you are so supportive of that movie and those books then go post about it to the fans because they are the ones who will go to see it.

kinda seems like you are an HP fan if you are on here so interested with HP stuff when you could be on the twilight pages. hmmmmmmmmm. i wonder

Avatar Image says:

besides just because something made more moeny doesn’t mean its the better book series or the better movie

Avatar Image says:

I agree with what people are saying about not giving everything away before we see the actual film but that doesn’t mean they have to keep everything under waps. They could give us a teaser trailer without showing everything. I don’t want to see the H/G kiss beforehand either as i want some surprises but at the moment i am really annoyed with WB! I mean give us something please!

Avatar Image says:

Nice picture. My guess is it is in the room for lost things were Harry tries to hide the book of the Half Blood Prince.

Avatar Image says:

I think the picture is from the scene in the attic bedroom at the burrow on Christmas eve. See page 337 in U.S. edition of HBP where Ron is asleep and Harry is mulling around in his chest to find the Advanced Potion Making Book to determine how old it is.

Avatar Image says:

Dan: I wonder if this bit will be in the Teaser…

Avatar Image says:

David Yates: Mr Heyman, The fans are getting aggressive waiting for some Teaser trailer. I dont know what to do, I just want to continue making this film without all this unnessary divertion. Sometimes i wonder if the fans just want a trailer and to hell with the movie.

David Heyman: I know what you mean. Well just have the first 20 seconds all in darkness with hedwigs theme playing. Then the next 10 seconds the title slowly reveals itself, then fade to black again with “Longer trailer coming soon”. And there’s your Teaser.

Avatar Image says:

I already guessed my theory but I have other options on what this part could be. For one I said it could be that Harry (Daniel) could be at the Dersley’s house because the curtains are white, but I went back and looked at the picture from the one in December and it shows Harry (Daniel) wearing the same clothes as it was in the December picture. So he has to be at school. Because in the December picture he is wearing the same close and going through a door with him carrying the marauders map and the potions book. The movie is going to be different from the book. In the sixrh book it tells us that the sixth years don’t have to take as much classes as the others do. So it could be Harry inside of his domitory looking through Sirius’s old things because he has a sad look on his face. Or he could be in Snape’s office doing his detention and the S can stand for Syltherin plus he also has a sad look on his face because he had to miss the final quidditch match.

Avatar Image says:

I went to see Prince Caspian last night just for the trailers- Harry Potter and Twilight. Alas, neither were shown. :(

Avatar Image says:

After many exhausting hours of crystal-gazing, here is my prediction. The trailer will be shown in September, to coincide with the play Equus, (which will receive many Tony award nominations) which is coming to Broadway that same month.

Avatar Image says:

I think you are wrong Jellyby, sorry. I think Dan did Equus to prove that he was versitile as an actor and I really dont think they would release the trailer at the same time. The two arent really related at all! I think the teaser trailer will come out in June or maybe late May. I also definately think WB know what they’re doing. OotP was a bit of a let down at the cinema since we’d already seen most of the juicy bits anyway!

Avatar Image says:

I think it will be released with the summer movies. It crossed my mind that maybe they’ve run into some problem with the film and that’s delaying it, you never know. It will likely still be in theaters when Equus comes to Broadway and ,frankly, if Harry Potter is on people’s minds then Daniel Radcliffe will be, too, which could draw more interest in the play. It’s all about marketing and selling tickets, after all! I’m not convinced about the “many Tony award nominations”.....I saw the play in London last spring, and I saw it on Broadway 30 years ago. I’m sure it will do well, though.

Avatar Image says:

OMG i am jumping out of my skin waiting for the teaser trailer!!!! once it finally does come out, i’m going to be satisfied for about 3 and a half weeks. I don’t know how i’m going to wait out five months until the MOVIE comes out!!!

By the way, Twilight Rox, it's very immature to gloat about something you're not even completely sure is going to happen. This isn't Harry Potter vs. Twilight. I happen to like both, even though I still think Harry Potter is way better.
Avatar Image says:

WOAH! lots have happened since i last check TLC. seriously, i am hearing all this hype for these Twilight series. i guess i gotta read them before i rant about how Harry Potter is so much better, though its better than any book ever besides pride and prejudice. theories about picture: gotta be detention with snape. if it was WWW, he would be smiling. he’s going through boxes and just saw sirus and james’ name. hence the frowny face. but cheer up dan. you will be snogging bonnie in no time, you dawg. CANNOT WAIT FOR TRALIER. gonna see caspian anyway. sigh. just really disapointed. heard another rumor for it comming out the 19. fingers crossed vive xe

Write a Reply or Comment