Reminder: Radcliffe and Griffiths To Present at Tony Awards Tonight

271

Jun 15, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

We have a quick reminder for you this morning that actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Richard Griffiths (Uncle Vernon) will be presenters at tonight’s 62nd Annual Tony Awards airing on CBS at 8 p.m. EST. As we reported previously, a live video stream of the red carpet arrivals from Radio City Music Hall will be broadcast on the internet via this link starting at 6:30 p.m. We will update as the evening progresses with pictures more from the event.

22 Responses to Reminder: Radcliffe and Griffiths To Present at Tony Awards Tonight

Yay, first!!

I’m probably going to watch it on the internet to see how well Dan and Richard do.

Avatar Image says:

Whoohooo! go Dan and Richard! I can’t wait to see Dannyboy. This should be an interesting day!

Avatar Image says:

After the football’s over I might pop in and watch it

Avatar Image says:

WE DONT HAVE CBS IN SWEDEN :’( This sucks..

Avatar Image says:

I look forward to hearing what Whoopi Goldberg has to say about the boy wizard and his “magic wand” coming to Broadway! I hope more people watch than last year, as it’s great advertising for Equus. Good luck Dan and Richard!

Avatar Image says:

Don’t worry Sara! I live in Europe too, but we are lucky because Tony awards official website is going to broadcast the awards ceremony tonight. :)

Avatar Image says:

Marie, that joke is too used ;) Specially John uses it too much on Pottercast. I hope Whoopi shows she is more original than that. I’m sure she is very excited to meet Dan and Richard, because we know she is a big HP fan, remember when she presented one of the charity readings Jo Rowling, Stephen King and John Irving did in NY…

Avatar Image says:

He’s there. I mean, in nyc! They had a rehearsal yesterday and people were commenting on him aahhhh. I can’t believe i missed it.

Avatar Image says:

Radcakesfan…who was commenting on him? Huh?

Avatar Image says:

im gonna watch just for dan :)

Avatar Image says:

That’s great that dan and richard will be there and the other presenters are also fantastic.

Avatar Image says:

Oh, I didn’t mean it literally, Ariel! I agree,she is more original than that (but she isn’t writing the jokes!). It’ll just be fun to see her introduce him and, more importantly, it’ll be nice to see Dan get a warm welcome from the theater crowd here. He’s got to be feeling some pressure, it isn’t guaranteed a play will do well on Broadway, no matter who is in it or where it’s been. So, I hope he has a lot of fun tonight!

Avatar Image says:

Excellent! I am so glad Dan and Richard will be there! And am so happy they asked Dan to present,it is a very good honour.

Radcakesfan——who was commenting and weredid you see this????? Please do tell>Thanks!

Avatar Image says:

Sorry for the misunderstanding Marie! I guess radcakesfan is talking about the Tony dress rehearsal. All the presenters and nominees were there this morning to do rehearsals and people could see it live on the official website, I’m not sure if it has already finished. It looks like Dan and Richard are presenting an award together. Richard is huge so poor Dan will look quite small next to him, on the other hand, Dan is very handsome so poor Richard will look quite ugly by his side. ;P I don’t know what award they are presenting, but it’s after Kristin Chenoweth and In the Heights performance. This is very exciting!

Avatar Image says:

Yeah sorry guys i read about it in a broadway forum. I knew about the rehearsal but i thought it was just going to be the musical numbers. * bangs head on desk * The red carpet stuff should be starting at the hour so click in now (there’s presentations separate from the actual show starting at the hafl hour from what i read) . Also be aware that there will be some live blogging from the Gold Derby (tom oneil) here

so hopefully he and others may mention Dan. and be prepared to really enjoy the musical numbers- they are just fantastic.

Avatar Image says:

Dan just did his red carpet interview. He’s so hot!

Avatar Image says:

Just saw Dan on the live webcast. Did he get taller or was the presenter just really short? Definitely looking older. Can’t wait to see him on Broadway!

Avatar Image says:

ahhh! yes ! He looked so good! did you see his parents in the background! And did you get the singing lesson thingie? He actually told where he’s going to be on what WEdnesday night? man….

Avatar Image says:

Poor Dan – he’s going to get mobbed on Wednesday.

Avatar Image says:

Did anyone else believe the person accepting the award made an insult to Dan and Richard about someone having the guts to produce a play with only theatre actors?

To Molly,

Re: the comment by the winner about theatre actors. I wondered that also. I was like, no…...that wasn’t what I thought it was. I hope it wasn’t a slight. I hope it had nothing to do with him.

Avatar Image says:

Yes, Molly, I was embarrassed at that remark the winner made about only having “theatre actors.” What an insult. And stupid, considering there were so many movie star presenters. I felt very bad for Dan, but he probably couldn’t hear with all the noise on-stage.

Write a Reply or Comment