EA Russia Releases New HBP Video Game Photo, Possible Release Date in August?

115

Jun 16, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Thanks to Owl Post for alerting us that the EA, the makers of the Harry Potter video games, have updated their Russian site with a new photo of Harry and Professor Dumbledore from the upcoming game of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Also, the site (written in Russian) suggests that the video game may be released on August 21, 2008. However, as readers will recall, during the formal announcement of the forthcoming game, EA indicated the new HBP video game would become available in November, in conjunction with the release of the film on November 21, 2008. If you are interested in previous Harry Potter video games, be sure to check out the EA Harry Potter mini-website here via this link.

Thanks again to OwlPost for mailing!

42 Responses to EA Russia Releases New HBP Video Game Photo, Possible Release Date in August?

Cool pic.

Avatar Image says:

SWEET! I’d love the game out in August!

Avatar Image says:

I CAN’T WAIT! This game is going to be awesome!!!!

Avatar Image says:

The game just keeps on getting better and better! I mean the graphics. The picture of Harry almost looks lif-like! :)

Avatar Image says:

He’s wearing the drawer outfit! :) You can so tell .

Avatar Image says:

August would be great- but November’s not that far off. Where in the world is our HBP trailer???

Life-like? That Dumbledore has had more plastics than Madonna :P

Avatar Image says:

I like how we’re so starved for HBP info that this pixelated pic… is a wonder.

...I’m sorry, I’m feeling snippy at the mo’, but really, WB, wtf? The only reason we even have this is b/c its from a RUSSIAN site. grumbles…

Avatar Image says:

does anyonw else find it slightly sick that we get a picture from the COMPUTER GAME PEOPLE IN RUSSIA (i hope im not offending any russians) before we get a picture of dumbledore from WB?

but dont get me wrong. im glad we have, how many is it now, 5 pictures? not too shabby, but i want the tralier more than i want oxygen. i can just live and breathe harry potter. oxygen is overrated. vive xe

hear, hear taylor!

Avatar Image says:

Is anyone else just getting the top of Harry’s head in the picture? For some reason it won’t download on my comp? Does Leaky have it in the gallery?

Avatar Image says:

I only get the top of the picture too. Don’t know why.

Avatar Image says:

Honestly, I do not care. I would rather have the trailer now than stuff from a russian site about the video game of the half blood prince when we haven’t gotten the trailer from the movie yet!!

Avatar Image says:

That’s awesome. They perfectly did Harry!

Can only see his head….

Avatar Image says:

oh snape!! this is gonna be awesome

спасибо болшои за фото!

Avatar Image says:

well, i’m not sure how much i am inclined to believe this photo. i work at a game store, and we have the release date as November 11th for HBP. so don’t put too much faith in this…who knows though. hope it’s being made by the same people as order. i liked that game.

August? No way!

Avatar Image says:

Awesome picture, but most definitely a typo about the release date. There’s no way a movie licensed game would come out a full three months ahead of the film. Two weeks? Sure, but it’s not going to be out in August, it would not help the film or vice versa at all.

Avatar Image says:

The picture didn’t load properly on my mac. Did it work for everyone else? :(

Avatar Image says:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, Is it just me, or is Dumbledore’s hair/beard style starting to look more like the OLD Dubbledore? (Harris) SQUEE! It’s about time(if that’s what they were aiming for)

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, I’m only getting the top of the picture too. Ugh. Is there another place to veiw it??? Why am I getting the feeling that the video game trailer is going to be released before the actual movie trailer??? = [ Please, WB, give us the trailer!!!!!

oh geeeeeeeze

that looks absolutely awful it looks like they used the same technique for character imaging as they did in the 5th…it made the characters look like monsters..doubt im gonna waste my money on this one

have we had ONE good harry potter game?

Avatar Image says:

I love the game picture too. It’s fun to get any Potter news. I want a trailer too. Game, movie, game, movie. Anticipation…..

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait. Don’t know what I’m going to do when they run out of video games and movies….

Avatar Image says:

Kevin (I love SUE), i agree. No a very pretty picture. They made harry look younger then ever, he looks 12 not 16. There is also something off about DD. Once again i hope they don’t make the mistake they made with the OOTP game, were its was high quality graphics but crap low quality gameplay. what can you expect though, it is Harry Potter after all?

Avatar Image says:

I forgot to mention, OOPT movie sucks. Goldenberg killed it, Hooper killed it, editor killed it and then there is Yates. oh my old friend, NOT!!!!! You maniacs! You blew it up!

Avatar Image says:

You are all so cynical. For people who don’t really play games – the OotP game was perfectly fine. They are doing a HP game, not making a game for gamers. As a non gamer, I enjoyed the OotP game. I think the picture looks more like fan art than a computer game though.

Avatar Image says:

Ooh, Harry about to dive into the Pensieve!

Seriously though, for how long will we continue to get random pictures from random sources?? What is going on?? Can any Leaky people like… address it maybe? It’s just so weird and confusing, and very anticlimactic to get our information this way.

I wonder if WB will have this taken down too?

Avatar Image says:

No, defenitely NOT in August. And I’m glad for that because I haven’t even played OotP ö.Ö (I need money….. .)

@ Ed Tom Don’t say things like that. I loved OotP ó.ò and if you say it sucks, than I have to cry! (as if that would make you stop lol) ;-)

Avatar Image says:

Yes, indeed, Dumby will be having a slightly Richard-Harris look this time round. Actually, it’s a cross between GoF-pensieve DD & Richard Harris DD.

Yeah, they’re trying to make Harry’s hair a bit mousy to keep him from looking too old. Unfortunately, this has the effect of making him look like a 40-yr old trying to use a toupe to hide his age :-)

OotP game did concentrate too much on graphics. By far, CoS has been the best game, followed by a tie IMO, between OotP & GoF. Quidditch World Cup takes the third spot. Even for a non-gamer/casual gamer, OotP was a bit of a bore. Even GoF was mostly button-mashing (except for the awesome Dragon chase). PoA had the most “exciting” game-play, while CoS had the best look+size+freedom.

As for the OotP movie, it was not flawless or necessarily better than the rest as a whole. However, the acting was undoubtedly the best so far. The mental-imagery was done perfectly, and in terms of cinematography, it is only bested by PoA. PoA also has the best music, followed by GoF. CoS was the most faithful adaptation. GoF made the best of having to cut the size of the novel. OotP didn’t too so well in that case. And of course, PS/SS laid the groundwork & got the casting right.

Avatar Image says:

|| What’s your favourite movie? (HBP including)

Avatar Image says:

The site didn’t work because I am in a school and it’s blocked. The new photo didn’t work either.

Avatar Image says:

My favorite movie is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Avatar Image says:

I would not consider myself a ‘gamer’ at any level. Neither would the numerous amount of my friends that have played the game on the computer and wii and they all say the graphics are terrible.

In the Harry Potter games, they nail the environmental, but totally fall when it comes to character imaging.

and I agree,” _ | | _ ” COS has been the best

Avatar Image says:

Harry’s has had that same T-Shirt in his wardrobe since Prisoner of Azkaban! Hee Hee Hee

Avatar Image says:

this is exciting and all and the picture looks freakishly cool, but i can’t wait any longer for the trailer. it’s driving me nuts! why couldn’t they have just put it out with Caspian like originally planned?

German Adam i do think you’re right,lol. That looks like the same exact t-shirt he’s wearing on the DVD cover of PoA and i think in the beginning of OotP.

Avatar Image says:

oh, i forgot to ask. do they have all the HP games(from movies 1-5) out for nintendo DS? i would really like to know.

Avatar Image says:

Go to snitchseeker.com or mugglenet-deathly hallows site. It still is up there. I only got the top of the picture to. Doesn’t it look like harry is wearing the same clothes from the the other too pictures of him. One where he is in some room with a filing cabnet and the other picture is where he is holding the maurauders map and the potions book while walking through a wooden door.

Avatar Image says:

To KillerKitty, if i made you cry then honest to God that was not my intention, but after hearing you you say that then i am happy i posted my message as would not be feeling the satisfaction i feel now. Thank you KillerKitty and may every kitty killer have a nice day. Your #1 fan and fellow kitty killer Ed Tom.

Avatar Image says:

They have GoF and OotP on Nintendo DS – my daughter has them both. I am not sure about the others at all. I have very little idea about graphics and all this gaming stuff – I’m telling you as a non-gamer – they were fine on OotP. maybe not for anyone who’s played anything since Mario Brothers but for our family they were just fine.

Write a Reply or Comment