PotterCast 158: Crab People

364

Jul 02, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is online this evening with its 158th episode. In the news this week, Sue brings us information on Jason Isaacs in the “Deathly Hallows” film, actress Kate Mulgrew joining Dan Radcliffe in the Broadway production of “Equus,” and news on Emma Watson’s upcoming animated film. In addition to this, we bring news on an exciting PotterCast event taking place on the East Coast this summer as well as Melissa’s big news on a certain soon to be published book. Canon Conclundrums makes its return next, with the topic of wizarding schools in the States on the minds of the PotterCast quartet. Chapter Thirteen of “Deathly Hallows” is then the subject of a new Bit by Bit which follows the progress of the Trio battling Umbridge in the Ministry of Magic. The drums conclude this episode along with a PotterCast survey, more tour talk, information about Terminus in Chicago, and John spoiling Melissa’s book. To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“Crab People”

- Jason Isaacs is cool.
- Big summer plans for PotterCast!
- Melissa’s secret news.
- How deep does the magic go?
- Special programs for a magical educational community in America.
- There she is! Miss Umbridge.
- Lots of vomit!
- A PotterCast survey for you.
- Bella is a good cat.
- Melissa’s Book Teaser of the Week (Month).

RT: 66:45

Editors: John Noe, Andrew Garner, and Jeff Gregory

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
Podcast Alley
Digg
Terminus 2008

Direct download (40 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (8 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

29 Responses to PotterCast 158: Crab People

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wait!!! Thanks for the pre-holiday Pottercast!!!

Avatar Image says:

I guess I really can’t wait. Sorry about the multiple posts…the website was all hung up!!

woo! pottercast time!

Avatar Image says:

SQUEE! I love new pottercasts!

Avatar Image says:

im excited!!! I always love it when the weekly pottercast is up!

Avatar Image says:

Yay! I love new episodes, and I’m glad for an update on Melissa’s book :)

Yay! Detroit August 4!

If I dont go back on the road that day like I am supposed to, I am so there.

Avatar Image says:

You must tour someday in Melbourne Australia. If you do you can stay with us. We have an extra queen bed and a bunk set with a trundle and a blow up double bed. You would love Melbourne. We would even drive you around and take holidays to look after you. Come on the Aussie tour. John you can make pancakes. :)

Avatar Image says:

I’m very interested to know (and I think others would as well) how much the Pottercast hosts knew about Deathly Hallows and how much was spoiled for them before the book came out.

Anyone agree?

Avatar Image says:

annoyed at John for calling my country ‘Other’

Avatar Image says:

yay, have to listen tomorrow however. on my zune though ready to go…

Avatar Image says:

Come to Orlando and do a show! PLEAAASE!

PS: Melissa I can’t wait for your book!

Avatar Image says:

I think that Dan repeats the same thing over and over about the films because WB doesn’t allow them to reviel much about them.[The other young actors do this too] I think he would love to say more but can’t.

Avatar Image says:

This one was a lot of fun to listen to! The Bit-by-Bit and Canon Conclundrum were very interesting, and there were lots of funny moments too. (John was in good John-humor form. Sue was great, as usual, in her role as his Hufflepuff foil with a dash of slightly dark-side passion for Jason Isaacs, and for Sirius Black “fantasies.” Frak had some great, off-the-wall imagery—kittens licking your eyeballs And Meilssa held all the hilarity together as the eternal straight man.) Great job, PotterCasters!

Re: The survey. I trust you guys, and I probably shouldn’t even feel the need to ask this, but… can we have some kind of explicit assurance that our e-mail addresses won’t be shared with any commercial entities? I feel bad for even asking, but it would feel better knowing for sure. (Because of the conspicuous absence of ads from the past two shows, I’ve got advertising on the brain.)

Avatar Image says:

Oh man, love for Pottercast! But I agree that Florida is calling PotterCast’s name…you should definitely do one live at LEAST in Orlando when the theme park opens!

Avatar Image says:

Actually, the jaw being slapped off did happen in the movie. My wife turned to me and asked me what that thing was flying through the air. I remember it happening differently in the book. Can someone confirm?

Great show. I have my eyeballs licked by kittens as well, Frak. It is part of my cat allergy treatment.

Avatar Image says:

PLEASE come down to orlando flordia, or somwhere in the south, come again in flordia!!!

Avatar Image says:

Great PotterCast, guys! Ooooh! I can’t wait for ‘Comic-Con’! It’s going to be so mush fun! Squee! And I hope you DO find a book store (Or somewhere else) to do a live PotterCast after ‘Comic-Con’...I’d love to go! Melissa: I did your survey. I also want to say how excited I am to buy your book, It’s going to be a brilliant book, I’m sure.

Avatar Image says:

PLEASE DO A SHOW IN ORLANDO FLORDIA!

Avatar Image says:

Hmmmm… (seriously considers driving from Sacramento to San Diego to see PC live)...

Also, wow, I cannot wait for Melissa’s book. JKR was so nice to give the interview material, and I couldn’t be happier that Melissa is on good terms with her (all the better for the rest of us because Melissa shares!!!)

Avatar Image says:

Thanks for the “Harry: A History….” announcement, Melissa. I pre-ordered two copies. It isn’t showing in the Cauldron Shop yet.

A great ‘Bit by Bit’ too.

Frak! What’s with this exploitation of kittens???? For shame!

OMT

Avatar Image says:

You may guess I’m writing these as I listen.

Melissa. Your work was not in vain. I have spoken with Amateur Radio operators (Hams) in each and every country you enumerated on Pottercast. Ham radio is my ‘other hobby’ along with being a Harry freak.

“Just thought you’d want to know.”

OMT

Avatar Image says:

please tell me your tour includes the Toronto date!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Toledo, OH I’m just saying. 0=)

SUPER excited for the book! <3 ya all

Avatar Image says:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG POTTERCAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COME TO TORONTO!!!!! YOU HAVE A BUNCH OF CANADIAN FANS!!!!!!!!!! :D WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TORONTO TORONTO TORONTO TORONTO!!! PLEASEEE :D SUE IT’S NOT THAT FAR FROM YOU!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! WE CANADIANS ALL LOVE HUFFLEPUFF!!! LOVE POTTERCAST

Avatar Image says:

A popular venue for new bands in New York City is “Southpaw” on 5th ave in Park Slope, Brooklyn.

Avatar Image says:

HAHAHA EMMA WATSONS EYEBROWS! I laughed like a maniac! And could you come to London to do a tour!!!! I LOVE POTTERCAST :)

Avatar Image says:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come to SARATOGA NEWYORK!!!!! im sure BORDERS in downtown saratoga would be more than pleased to host you guys!!! i reallyy want to see a show!!!=]=]-]

Avatar Image says:

There are lots of great HP fans in Saratoga County, NY. Just a 3-4 hour drive north of NYC.

I can’t wait to read your book, Melissa. And the website, I can’t wait to see that, either. HOORAY!

Write a Reply or Comment