“Half-Blood Prince” EA Game Due November 14th?

112

Jul 04, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

As we reported yesterday, EA, the makers of the Harry Potter video games, launched the first trailer for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince game. There was also news about a new game website, which has now gone live via this link.

The site is in the very early stages, with only the new trailer online, and some very nice music playing and a cool potions lab screen shot in the background. As a side note, we do have stills, screencaps and the trailer for download here in our video galleries as well. On the new EA “Half-Blood Prince” site is a description of the game, as well as news that you will be able to go to Potions class, with mini games and demo due in the coming months. Across the top of the screen is the logo for the game and the words “Coming November 14th. “Of interest is the fact that this November 14th date is of course earlier than the previously announced release date of November 21, 2008 for the movie. As new features continue to go live on the EA website we will continue to update.

A reminder that pre-orders for theWindows platform and Wii platform of the game are now available in our Cauldron Shop.

Thanks to all who owled!

23 Responses to “Half-Blood Prince” EA Game Due November 14th?

Avatar Image says:

I look forward to the game. I wonder if there will be more locations such as all the places DUmbledore takes Harry in the Pensieve? I have to say also, that the soundtrack for these games, especially in OOTP are fantastic. Totally seperate music from the movies done by different composers. This new one sounds really good too.

Avatar Image says:

There is something strange about the colour coordination layout on here, is this a new look? Not sure I like it, seems rather jarring and blocky. Much prefer how it was.

Avatar Image says:

Sorry, strike my last, looks like there was just a temporary glitch in my machine or the website.

Avatar Image says:

thats great wont be long before a trailer for the movie

i heard that the trailer might be infront of the mummy 3 and not the dark knight on mugglenet..lets prey that doesnt happen :D:D

Avatar Image says:

I feel a trailer coming! I don’t understand… Is it being released on the 14th or 21st?

Avatar Image says:

I also read its coming with Mummy.It’s better for me.I hate Batman

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, well I`m with harryfan147 here. PRAY that the trailer comes out with TDK. The Mummy looks boring. =(

Avatar Image says:

Yeah i really want the trailer with TDK, it looks way better than the mummy. Theres not much on the website but the layout is cool. Cant wait to get the game, it looks really good

Avatar Image says:

That’s the same music as the OOTP game, I hope they write a new soundtrack!! Please oh please!!

Avatar Image says:

Looks promising, I’ll get it for Wii. Also, I want the trailer to come out today, seeing as it’s the 4th of July. What could be better than that? If not today, sometime this weekend, or next week. Or else. >.<

Avatar Image says:

Hang on a moment, I’m confused- is the game supposed to come out the same day the movie does or before, like the OOTP game?

Avatar Image says:

glad to see the same death eater masks those things were class

Avatar Image says:

Not really big news. The OotP video game came out like a week before the movie. By the way, the US site says Nov. 13.

Avatar Image says:

The last 2 games were released at least a week prior to the film, so the Nov. 14th date fits in.

Cool trailer for the game—I got goosebumps seeing the dark mark over Hogwarts and Hagrid’s hut smoldering.

Avatar Image says:

The HBP game has a new music score by James Hannigan, who did the OotP game.

Avatar Image says:

Did anyone else see ron in the video game? I did. When Harry is walking away from someone pause it and you can tell it’s ron from his hair. It’s when there in the potions classroom. You can see other people in there too as well.

Avatar Image says:

I have high hopes for this game. Given the source material they could easily make an outstanding game… however, after playing the OotP game by EA I have severe doubts that this game will even be mediocre at best.

PLEASE EA PLEASE.. make the controls fluid and react smoothly. Make casting magic easier (perhaps a lock on/off toggle button?). Make it something MORE than just fetch quests. Give us a chance to move around the map freely rather than just up and down the list of room names so we can more easily navigate (was kinda hard seeing what room connected to what when pressing down on the pad to go to the ‘next room’ took you to a room on the other side of the castle!). And please for the love of Dumbledore give Ron and Hermione something more to do than just GET IN YOUR WAY EVERY TIME YOU TRY TO WALK SOMEPLACE!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

As this post mentions soundtracks, and the other recent posts are packed with comments, I thought I’d put this up here:

Currently 16 tracks have been or are being composed for the HBP movie. Hedwig’s Theme is again used as a motif on more than one occasion. From the current working copies, the soundtrack (in it’s present, unfinished state) seems loads better than OotP. Mr. Hooper has thoroughly outdone himself. I’m not an audiophile however, so don’t take my word for it.

I saw quite a few requests after my latest comments for more news on HBP. I think it’s pretty obvious now as to why I give out only tiny tidbits. Most of the big “boom” news/photos etc. is being pushed out in a timely fashion by WB. I want no part in messing that up.

The TEASER remains attached to Dark Knight

Avatar Image says:

It looks beautiful. I take it that’s the PC version.

I liked the OOTP game on the Wii but it was way too short. I am glad that it looks like the classes will be a bit more interesting. Now if we can have some cool rewards too. Those videoclips were pretty cool but didn’t do anything for the game and those trophies were pointless. Let us fly around Hogwarts on a broom like we could in the Chamber of Secrets game.

Avatar Image says:

Great. I hope this game is like the CoS and the PS games, those games are classic. Just please let it not be liked the order of the phoenix, thatgame Sucked big time. No offense but the graphics were nice and all but the main storyline took me only 2 days to complete. It wasn’t challenging at all!!!!!

very bad

Avatar Image says:

vacant sea cube wood red home look trust wood go boy woman no

Avatar Image says:

what doesn’t make sence 2 me is why do they put out the game BEFORE the movie?it ruins the movie 4 u. and ?? it only took me 1 day 2 complete it. ;) :)* i’m so geting it 4 the wii. i think they should create a hp game wher you can chose ur house, character, side(bad or good), & quidditch position. but i dout that will ever happen. :( who’s with me on that. oh & btw, i’m the luckist girl in the world. my cousins is in the movie. she’s playing pansy. SHES SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LUCKY. SHE GETS DRAKY! I WANT DRAKY. HE’S MINE. when my family and i went 2 c her i got 2 met tom and i got his autograph! (he hugged me) I AM THE LUCKYEST GIRL IN THE WORLD. (next 2 my cousin of course.) P.S I’m playing a Slytherin background girl in a few of the scenes. I luv my cousin. BUT I LUV TOM MORE! I LUV DRACO EVEN MORE!

Write a Reply or Comment