Harry Potter Cast News RoundUp

121

Jul 07, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

There are a few stories online this evening involving cast members from the Harry Potter films participating in public charitable events. Firstly, our Order partner RupertGrint.net has a few new photos online from the second annual F1 Party which benefits the Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH). This hospital focuses on pediatric care and strives to “finding treatments and cures for some of the rarest and most difficult illnesses.” Photos of Rupert from the racing event can be seen right here.

Next, BonnieWrightOnline has posted a few pictures online from Miss Wright’s recent appearance at the Nelson Mandela 90th Birthday Concert held late last month in London. Proceeds from this concert, which featured performances from such singers as Annie Lennox, Leona Lewis, and Amy Winehouse, are to benefit Mr. Mandela’s 46664 HIV/AIDS charity. This origination aims to raise awareness and youth involvement for the global fight against the spread of HIV/AIDS. Photos of Miss Wright on stage during the concert, can be seen via our Order partner’s gallery.

Finally, TLC wishes to convey our condolences at the passing of actress Elizabeth Spriggs, who portrayed the Fat Lady in the “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” film. The Telegraph has a piece online documenting the remarkable life and career of the actress.

43 Responses to Harry Potter Cast News RoundUp

Avatar Image says:

It’s so nice to see the kids doing things for other people, when so many young celebrities do nothing but party. It’s too bad about Ms Spriggs, though :(

Avatar Image says:

Oh no, I didn’t know Elizabeth Spriggs passed away. She was perfect as the “Fat Lady”!* Rest In Peace.

Avatar Image says:

The Great Ormond Street Hospital is the beneficiary of all profits from Peter Pan – a perpetual gift from the author that has just had it’s copyright extended beyond the usual period of time to keep the monies going to the hospital. Quite a gift.

Avatar Image says:

That’s one hell of a ballroom… Do they dance around the cars or what? What the hell am i looking at?

Ballroom? Where?

Avatar Image says:

I’m so sad to hear about Ms Spriggs’s passing. She was one of the great British character actresses.

Rupert’s looking good! I miss the ginger locks, though. ;-)

Avatar Image says:

NO!!! Ms.Spriggs was awesome!!! R.I.P.

Avatar Image says:

Thats wonderful. Im so glad to see the trio at these events instead of clubs and bars like “some” loser celebrities. My sons have autism and it is greatly appreciated when a star recognizes the need for a charity event or just a word of encouragment.

Avatar Image says:

Oh, so sad to hear of Elizabeth Sprigg’s passing. What an impressive CV she had. I loved her as Mrs Jennings in Sense and Sensibility.

Love those pics of Rupert :D Sad to hear that the Fat Lady died. :(

Avatar Image says:

Thanks Star, I’d been wondering where I’d seen her before.

According to the other sites, Rupert is at the races and wasn’t seen at the charity event.

RIP, Mrs. Sprigg.

Avatar Image says:

Rest in peace Mrs.Sprigg..may your memory never fade in the hearts of the people

what nice weasleys! :)

Avatar Image says:

yes, Rupert didn’t go to the charity event, he was only at the race pit .

Avatar Image says:

RIP Elizabeth Sprigg you were very close to the canon Fat Lady IMO.

Yay Rupert and Bonnie as well! Rupes looks cool as always, I couldn’t actually find Bonnie in the pics but I’m sure she looked awesome too :)

Avatar Image says:

Sad to hear of Liz Sprigg’s passing. Never knew her name to be honest but I sure as hell cant ever forget her dominant and unforgettable presence in many films and dramas. Particularly for me was her role as Bertie Wooster’s Aunt Agatha in Jeeves and Wooster. I think she may have been typecast but she really was good at playing the fearful madam and had great comic timing. RIP.

Avatar Image says:

I was sad to hear of the death of Elizabeth Spriggs, she was a favourite character actress of mine. Her list of credits is very impressive and I regret that I never saw her on stage, I can’t think why she was never made a Dame. However, once again we see what quality actors we have been privileged to see in the Harry Potter films. Thanks for the memories, Elizabeth, rest in peace.

R.I.P Elizabeth Spriggs.

Avatar Image says:

Sorry to hear of the passing of Elizabeth Spriggs, but what a distinguished career! Imagine being a stalwart of both the National and the RSC for so long.

I was sorry that they replaced her as the Fat Lady with Dawn French’s silly comic turn. She is so much how I imagine and what I hear when I read the books.

Avatar Image says:

Great lose for HP world.She’s perfect for fat lady.We’ll mis her a lot.Thanks 4 all good or sorrowful memories with H.R.H,Elizabeth. R.I.P

Avatar Image says:

I’m so sorry to hear Ms Spriggs has passed away – she was the perfect Fat Lady in the Harry Potter films, and I regret not seeing her elsewhere, although it’s a wonder I didn’t when you look at everything she’s done. I agree with Graymayne, it’s surprising she’d never been made a Dame.

At least she seemed to have a long and good life!

R.I.P. Elisabeth Spriggs.

Avatar Image says:

omg.rupert’ new cut hair not good.that he was less cuter with short hair.

Avatar Image says:

Where’s Bonnie in those pictures? Ms Spriggs, rest in peace and thank you so much for being one of those many people that set up the RSC, for the fantastic performances and inadvertently helping me through my GCSE’s

Avatar Image says:

Rest in peace Mrs Spriggs.

Avatar Image says:

Leaky needs to change their heading concerning the charity event. The pictures of Rupert linked are not from the Charity event. The pictures are from the F1 Silverstone Grand Prix Day 2 (qualifiers), July 5th.

Avatar Image says:

According to the RGN website, that’s from the Silverstone Grand Prix held on the 5th, not the F1 Party!

R.I.P. Elizabeth Spriggs

R.I.P Mrs.Spriggs…. :(

Avatar Image says:

I believe Bonnie is to the left of the guy in the orange jumpsuit (three rows back). I can see her hair, but someone’s arm is over her face in the first picture.

I can’t find her at all in the picture from farther away.

Avatar Image says:

Rupert never went to the Bloomsbury Ballroom, he and his dad went to the race and that was it, the charity even took place at the Blomsbury not at the race track.

Avatar Image says:

so sorry to hear about miss spriggs. i loved her as the Fat Lady. she was so good.

i’m glad that bonnie was at the concert for Nelson Mandela’s birthday concert. she came onstage with Annie Lennox during Amy Winehouse’s number. This can be seen in the youtube video. Here’s the link—http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGF4o6Xj5ik

Avatar Image says:

I’m wondering if it would have been best to seperate Elizabeth Spriggs passing as a seperate news item? Its just it doesn’t blend at all with the other cast news in one article and reading the comments is a bit jarring. Just a thought.

Avatar Image says:

oh! poor fat lady!! I loved her!

grat job potter crew!!

Avatar Image says:

RIP Fat Lady. You will be sorely missed. If they combined you and the new fat lady it would be perfect

Avatar Image says:

harry potter fans will always miss their good old FAT LADY. YOUR MEMORIES WILL NEVER FADE AWAY. MAY GOD BLESS YOU;WHEREVER YOU ARE,AND MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN PEACE

Avatar Image says:

MAY HER SOUL REST IN PEACE FAREWELL, MRS.SPRIGGS!

Avatar Image says:

Rupert looks younger with shorter hair. I think I prefer his hair a bit longer.

I didn’t see Bonnie in the photos, but I’m sure she looked good.

Avatar Image says:

NOOO! Mrs. Jennings! I just watched Sense & Sensibility last night (she played Cornelius Fudge’s mum in that movie… and Umbridge’s mum, come to that! Loads of HP cast members in that film.)

Couldn’t find Bonnie Wright, but I was watching OOTP with a couple of my friends the other day, and the guys agreed they liked her better than Emma Watson. That bodes well for the audience reception of HBP!

Avatar Image says:

aww poor fat lady! i really will miss her. she was perfect for the part and RIP.

Avatar Image says:

In honor of Elizabeth Spriggs, we broke out and re-watched “Sense and Sensibility” last night. She was an absolute hoot in her role as Mrs. Jennings.

I’d strongly recommend that film to anyone who wants to get a sense of her as an actress (beyond “Password??”).

In addition to standing very well on its own merits, the film also includes performances by several other HP alums: Emma Thompson, Alan Rickman, Robert Hardy, and Imelda Staunton.

cheers, d.

Avatar Image says:

Re: Sense & Sensibility – I totally forgot to add Gemma Jones to the list. Completely my bad…

Oh, and Schmero: She wasn’t Mum to Robert Hardy’s character – she was his wife…

Avatar Image says:

sad to hear dat the fat lady died.but ron’s alive and I love him to death.

Avatar Image says:

red greed house german look right me stay

Write a Reply or Comment