“J. K. Rowling… A Year in the Life” to Air in Australia Sunday

Jul 10, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Those in Australia will have the opportunity to watch the 2007 documentary “J. K. Rowling… A Year In the Life” this weekend, for Australian television network Channel 7 will be broadcasting the program this Sunday, July 13, at 6:30pm local time. The documentary, first broadcast on ITV last winter, features interviews with Jo Rowling during the time she was finishing the final Harry Potter book and gearing up for its publication. Three clips from this documentary can be viewed here, here, and here from our Video Galleries. A TV guide schedule of the programming can be found via this link.

Thanks Catherine!

36 Responses to “J. K. Rowling… A Year in the Life” to Air in Australia Sunday

Avatar Image says:

can’t wait to watch it! 1st?!?

Avatar Image says:

Sweet! its about time us aussie fans got a little something, though I’m sure it would’ve been well worth the wait.

Avatar Image says:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW,MAN!!! Another tv event, that I am unable to watch!!! Thanks to high prices on everything!!!

Avatar Image says:

Will we ever get to see it in the USA? Or a DVD? Surely someone can get a contract to broadcast it here. PBS? One of the cable channels? Someone please step up to the plate.

OMT

Avatar Image says:

YYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! It is about time we get something here! I’m very glad it is not on the same day as WYD though otherwise I would have to tape it!! Can’t wait to see it!

ALSO: HBP movie poster at:

Avatar Image says:

I hope that they show this in the US, because when they do I am going to record it!

Avatar Image says:

I live in the US… Does anybody know when it’s going to air out here, or, perhaps, release it on DVD? I’d love to watch this…..

Avatar Image says:

I can’t imagine they wouldn’t eventually release it for the rest of the world. Still I would also like to know when.

It’s called youtube people

Avatar Image says:

aww, yet another great reason to live in Australia. haha, I don’t…but I sure wish I did!!!

But yeah I agree with Jeremy….it’ll be on youtube. surely someone will record it.

Avatar Image says:

Thats awesome! I’ve been meaning to search for the documentary online, though I’m certainly glad its going to be aired over here. Thanks for the heads-up, probably would have missed it. :)

Avatar Image says:

I had it up on Youtube when it aired in UK and it was pulled down by the tv network (ITV) due to copyright infringement. I never put anything recorded off tv up on youtube again since but I have so much Rowling stuff recorded and wish I could share these videos with other Rowling fans who cant see them.

Avatar Image says:

Wow,great,another TV event which I cannot watch thanks to my little country….but enjoy everyone else!

Avatar Image says:

YAY! I dont usually watch channel 7 but saw the ad while flicking channels XD can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

The best documentary on Jo yet made in my opinion.

Avatar Image says:

Can’t they air it in Canada? I know they usually air things here before the US, like Ballet Shoes. (I think)

Avatar Image says:

I know it’s been said…but they really need to show this in the US. Sounds like it is really good. I can’t understand why it hasn’t aired here yet…

Avatar Image says:

hey guys if you want to watch the documentary just look up jk rowling a year in the life on youtube… all the parts are there.

Avatar Image says:

AAAhhh!!!! come on ppl!!! getit in the us PLZ!!! i’ve already seen it on youtube but still!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I want it to air in america. But isn’t Dateline going to make their own documentary on Jo?

Avatar Image says:

If you want HBP to come out in Australia and New Zealand earleir than December 11. SIGN THE PETITION!!!

Avatar Image says:

yayyyyy i can’t wait!!! i agree with A3, why do we get HBP so much later??? It’s not like it has to be translated. anyway CAN’T WAIT FOR THE DOCUMENTARY!

Wooooooo!

.. .. ..

THATS FLIPPIN FANTASTIC! I CANT WAIT! Im glad Australia is getting this because we never get anything Potterish..

No wizard rock shows, conventions, youtube gatherings.. it sucks.

But this is pretty exciting! I must tape it! :D

Avatar Image says:

Yay!! Something HP for us Aussies! :)

Avatar Image says:

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its about time that Australia gets to watch these things!!!!! But I am sorta sad that its replacing Gladiators cos i really liked that show, oh well this will be awesome

Avatar Image says:

Finaly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for ages :-) so happy!!!

Avatar Image says:

YAY…....... Finally!!! Anybody heard about HBP coming out in middle December here in Australia???

Avatar Image says:

Hey A3, just read your post. I’m glad someone is taking action about the release date here in Australia. Please I really would like to know if any other action has been taken because I really would like to be part of it.

Hey Leaky, can you help us with that?

Wait wait.

Is Australia getting something Potter before the US?

ABOUT TIME!

But Channel 7, eww, they’re going to screw it up somehow..

YAY! So awesome! I can’t wait! <3

Avatar Image says:

i saw the advertisement on channel 7 while watching home and away with some friends and SQUEEED. i then had to explain why i squeeed as opposed to screamed

Avatar Image says:

FINALLY! yay!!! cant wait to watch it!! __

Avatar Image says:

You know, there’s a torrent of that show. Took me less than an hour to download it. Much better quality than YouTube

Avatar Image says:

but youtube has such horrible quality…i’d rather watch it on tv anyway, yay for you aussies!!

Write a Reply or Comment