Possible New Photo of the Cave Scene on “Half-Blood Prince” Calendar

113

Jul 12, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

There is a photo of what may be the cave scene on the cover of a 2009 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince calendar. In this photo found on the Megacalendar website, you can see a large photo of Dan Radcliffe as Harry, and down in the corner you can see a very small photo of what looks like Dumbledore and Harry in the cave, standing before some sort of rock formation or perhaps the basin area for the potion. As there have been mulitple fake posters and photos making the rounds, purporting to show the cave, it is also of note that many websites (and our own Cauldron shop) now have the HBP 2009 calendars for pre-order, however none, save this website, are showing an official cover from the publishers Andrews McMeel. We are working to confirm this is an official photo, and will update with more when we can.

Thanks to Daniel for emailing!

73 Responses to Possible New Photo of the Cave Scene on “Half-Blood Prince” Calendar

Amazing.

Avatar Image says:

i am so getting that calander!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Man.. It looked just as it should do =)

Avatar Image says:

I’m beginning to think it might be worthwhile exiting the HP news world for a couple of months, because by then I might have a backlog of stuff to be excited about. Yes, we got pictures and that was kind of WB, but maybe I’ll e more interested in September.

Although, I probably will be buying that calender at the end of the year lol.

Avatar Image says:

That looks good :) Only .. i don’t know whether it’s just me, but it looks kinda fake. Harry’s wand doesn’t look right, nor do his robes (the red is too bright) and his face seems slightly blurred. =/ Hmm.

Avatar Image says:

If it is that scene it looks amazing! I’m so looking forward to it-it looks like it’ll be just as chilling as the scene in the book.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait to see that cave scene it better be as creepily still and quiet as it was in the book

Avatar Image says:

Amazing,it is sooo like the picture in the book!,I just love the way they make it so realistic :D

Avatar Image says:

It looks soooooo fake. sorry guys but Harry is definitely fake,but cave pic looks good, but probably fake too

Avatar Image says:

wow. it looks so creepy, and enormous. XD Almost exactly how I imagined it.

Avatar Image says:

I think this movie is going to blow our minds away- Tom did say that he read the book and read the script and hardly anything was missing (of real importance for the movies). I think it will be awsome and I am definetly buying that calendar. Oh yah Snape better have a month to himself.

Avatar Image says:

That’s so creepy…...In fact it looks better than my picture of the cave….

Avatar Image says:

That’s a GREAT scene they portrayed there…I hope this IS real.

Avatar Image says:

Jess, we knew that poster was fake back in January. It’s in leaky’s gallery under fake poster art too.

As for this book cover, this is the 10th time we’ve seen that image of Harry now, and each time I see it, I get angry. As a photographer, I wish they didn’t manipulate this kids faces as much as they do in photoshop. Remember last year when Bonnie looked like a completely different person? Ugh, they reduce the noise so much on Dan’s face that he looks plastic. Oh well. I’m just glad to see anything of the movie, even if it’s not how I’d do it.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks Mollywobble, sorry, I wasn’t a fan of Leaky in January so this information is new to me. You are right – it is very annoying how photographers think that people aren’t fine the way they are. How you seen that Dove campaign for real beauty ad? It’s crazy.

Avatar Image says:

If that is the cave then it is great!!!! I never had complaints about the sets of these films…This is gonna be terrific!!! November can’t come soon enough!!

Avatar Image says:

OMG! This is awesome! There is so much info!

Avatar Image says:

Really really cool, it looks amazing. The cave is the scene I’m most looking foward to watch. I hope that calendar is not fake becaue I like both Harry and the cave pic.

Avatar Image says:

The cave scene is awesome. The picture of Dan Radcliffe/Harry in the foreground is doctored, as he does not have a cleft chin.

Avatar Image says:

That’s not how the cave scene is described. The cave is said to be vast, and at the center of the lake all you can see is blackness. The edge of the lake is way to close to the island that should be in the center of the lake, and that’s no lake either.

Avatar Image says:

photoshop can suck sometimes!

I really really look forward to seeing the result of all the hard work, and there better be a trailer soon!!!

Avatar Image says:

The fakeness is making me cringe…

FAAAaaaAAAKE!

Besides the fakeness – the Harry Potter Man is just not that sloppy with releasing photos of important scenes in upcoming movies.

Avatar Image says:

Amazing! the cave exceeds my expectations! It’s quite bigger than I imagined it. I hope it’s real!

Avatar Image says:

It mustn’t be the cave. it could be outside, when they arrive.

I dont know if I should believe its real, only time will tell … I hope there will be a teaser soon …

it would be bad marketing otherwise

Avatar Image says:

I love the cave, almost exactly how i pictured it, but then harry on the left just ruins it, because like everyone has said he looks fake, way too photoshopped for my taste…

Avatar Image says:

oh come on! it looks really awesome! nuff said.

Avatar Image says:

Um, Dan does have a cleft chin. Look at other photos of him.

I’m not saying the big photo hasn’t been worked on, I’m just saying he’s got a dimple in his chin.

Sigh, I hope that’s what the cave scene looks like because it is awesome!

Avatar Image says:

What? It’s weird how so many people think it looks real…. It kind of looks fake to me. :( But hopefully this is real because the cave looks cool. But the people …. idk. That other fake poster looked better. (the one with DD & Harry standing)

Avatar Image says:

the more i look at that, the more i think it’s not dumbledore and harry but it’s young tom riddle when he would take another kid into the cave

Avatar Image says:

it looks really cool and i want to believe it’s real, but it looks kind of fake

Avatar Image says:

Jason, do you really think they will make it EXACTLY-WORD BY WORD- like it was in the book? Seriously that’s just nitpicking…I personally think the cave looks creepy, which is really really great! But the big Harry is weird…too photoshoped!

Avatar Image says:

i think the picture looks like a scene out of LOTR.. but i may be just getting confused with my mental pictures from reading those books..

Avatar Image says:

Sorry for posting twice, but i am entirely convinced this is fake now. After staring at that pic for god knows how long, i admit that this’s 100% fake. I mean, look at Harry. His face, his wand, his robes, his trousers.. They’re all wrong! =P

Avatar Image says:

I have no idea if it’s fake or real, but if the cave scene looks like that in the film, I will not be upset. That’s what big, sea caves look like in real life.

Avatar Image says:

it doesn’t exactly look fake to me, so much as it resembles all the other calenders in that the pictures are made to look like drawings (either that or they are drawings of photographs). i am just picturing my PoA and GoF calendars and thats how they are done…..

Avatar Image says:

I think it looks sufficiently real shrug

Avatar Image says:

Okay, so… The calendar says Half-Blood Prince, but the descriptionof the calendar on that Calendar site talks about the calendar being scenes from Order of the Phoenix…. Which is weird to me…

Avatar Image says:

it IS fake. They would never split Harry’s name like that. The cave doesn’t even look real, seeing as it’s a pic from LOTR

Avatar Image says:

@Kim: No, but I expect more, seeing the other films and what they have done for larger scale things, this is a disappointment. Relax. Hopefully it’s not the finalized cave, especially seeing as the film just recently entered post production.

Avatar Image says:

There is absolutely no reason to believe this is fake. We’ve seen it in other stuff a bunch of times now. You’re just spreading false information if suggesting otherwise.

Avatar Image says:

omg, im so tired of this stupid photoshopped picture of harry. before you all yell me, just look his hand holding his wand. he has 2 thumbs. the hands are from GoF when hes in the graveyard fighting volders and the wands connect. go check if you want to. i know im right.

but on the subject of the cave scene---....hmmmm..... if guessing this is fake, though i dont have a concrete reason to say why. i just don think yates would show a zoom out of this scene. why? this scene is action packed and doesnt call for a dramatic-music-swelling-zoom-out.but it might be. im just skeptical.           vive xe
Avatar Image says:

I don’t believe that’s a fake photograph. Unless the person who created it went to great lengths to hold an unofficial photo-shoot then this is definitely real. It doesn’t look doctored either.

Avatar Image says:

Although I do agree with taylor about the hand, it’s abnormal.

Avatar Image says:

Um… fake. I believe the top half of Harry is from the video game poster, and the bottom half is, as someone said, from GoF. The “cave” thing is also very fake looking. And, when you think about it, it doesn’t make any sense for them to put that scene on the front of a calender. (Nor, for that matter, does it make sense for them to put it on the teaser poster)

Avatar Image says:

Oh dear… I just noticed (thanks taylor), if you look at his hand, it has like eight fingers and two thumbs.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I actually hope this is a fake I really do because look at Harry’s wand and his hand. They look completely ridiculous and out of proportion with the rest of his body. His head looks equally weird. If this is the real deal then I guess for the first time ever I won’t be buying an HP calendar. I am highly doubtful that this is real, there are just too many little details that seem off.

Avatar Image says:

It’s a crystal cave cool!

Avatar Image says:

This is a terrible picture of Dan – one side of his face is skewed! And you’re right, he does NOT have a cleft chin.

Avatar Image says:

Thats reli kool but I was gonna buy a Twilight calander I cant have both! Harry Potter or Edward Cullen, mmm thats reli hard! :D

Avatar Image says:

Just look at Harry’s hand to see that the poster is fake…it’s TWO hands on the wand (the Priori Incantatem scene from GOF). His head is also obviously photoshopped and poorly cut around the edges.

I wouldn’t doubt that the cave scene is a tweaked image of a shot of Moria from the Lord of the Rings.

Avatar Image says:

I also think this is fake. Here is my reasoning:

Avatar Image says:

Well, I don’t know if it’s fake or not, but YodatheHobbit is correct – we have seen this picture of Harry with the wand before – it is in the yarn promos, which I believe were confirmed to be real. Also, those saying that Daniel Radcliffe does not have a cleft chin are incorrect. Look at the officical movies stills that have recently come out – he has a dimple. You can especially see it in the one where he is standing in a doorway or something holding his books down by his side.

Avatar Image says:

Lets all have a cow- make sure to push real hard. People we dont need to complain about the pic just be thankful we are actually getting something. Yes the Harry looks strange but things on the screen never appear as they are in real life. All I know is that there will be a HBP calendar that looks like that. Whether they change the so called fake Harry I dunno.

Avatar Image says:

Oh Awesome! I want that calender. If that is the cave scene then it looks like that poster that was suppose to be a fake. It looks really cool. I’m sure the lighting in the movie is different, but it still looks visually stunning.

Avatar Image says:

Just the look of the lake gives me the creeps! It’s funny isnt it, I didnt imagine the lake to look like that, not sure why, but I like the calendars version better. Much more sinister. Hehe.

Avatar Image says:

WOW!!!! It looks so amazing, I can’t wait to see this movie, I’m actually more anxious to see it than I was for OOTP, it’s gonna rooooooock!!!

Avatar Image says:

Looks like Harry & Dumbledore in the cave scene to me – if you enlarge it Harry is obviously crouching down, and you can see the little boat just ahead of them to the left.

Avatar Image says:

where is this boat.. bc ive zoomed in for about 10 minutes looking for it and dont see squat!

and the squatting person kinda resembles golum

Here.

And it looks like Harry’s squatting, resting his arms on his knees.

Avatar Image says:

im pretty sure it’s a fake. i’m not saying it’s a definite fake, im just saying there is something going on between harry’s head and the rest of his body. I’m not tryin 2 sound like sum photoshop xpert unlike a fair few of the other posters.looks like the quality of the face is lighter and the definition doesn’t match the body. the entire phot looks like a re used premotion OOPT image. if thas is real then i am very un impressed with WB, hardy an imaginative peice of advertisement.

Avatar Image says:

Harry’s face is about just about as much photoshopped as Ginny’s was in the OOTP Poster. Movie studios can make actors look like crap or nothing like themselves sometimes. It’s nothing new.

Avatar Image says:

WB needs to hire a new Photoshop artist if that’s real. Harry’s costume makes me cringe too, I hope that’s not what they chose for this movie because it looks like a cheap Halloween costume from a discount store.

Man, I’m getting kind of crabby. I should go to bed! I’m truly sorry if I offended anyone. :)

Avatar Image says:

That image of Harry has been used ad infinitum in a previous film’s publicity and I’m really bored of it now. I think it’s about time we got another one.

It makes me think it’s a fake because surely WB can fork out for a new snapshot of Harry.

Avatar Image says:

There was a picture lifted from WB that was of just the cave on another website but it got found and deleted. But the mini of that picture was a lot better then that one in that picture!!! I dont see why they arnt putting out pics If they start hypin people now by the time it comes out EVERYONE will wanna see it!

Avatar Image says:

Now that I have looked again anne I see what ya mean and besides in the book wasnt he wearing jeans most of it I remember many times they said things about him putting his hand in his pockets….. The nght in the cave he wasnt wearing Robes just his Invisability cloak when they left and returned!

Avatar Image says:

We may know for sure on Tuesday the 15th. Barnes & Noble’s Web site lists that date as the release date for the 2009 calendar. You won’t find a picture there right now though.

Avatar Image says:

Excellent. That’s sorta like how I had imagined the cave in my head.

Avatar Image says:

this is great cant wait to see the film hurry up warnetr brothers :):):):):):):):)

Avatar Image says:

It’s fake… look at the chin of harry, it looks like nothing like the other harry potter chins. though it’s pretty convincing.

Avatar Image says:

Who cares if the cave isn’t exactly like the book described it? In the movie it’s going to be freaking amazing and even scarier at how vast and creepy it is! XD Awesome!!

Avatar Image says:

.....am I the only one who thinks Harry looks relatively hideous in this picture? What’s up with that chin? I really hope that part’s fake.

Avatar Image says:

The 2009 wall calendar is no longer listed on the BN Web site, and the store lookup says it is no longer available to order. That sounds like Andrews & McMeel didn’t make the original deadline of 7/15, or were asked to hold it back. The 2009 box and mini-wall calendars show as being available in September.

Write a Reply or Comment