PotterCast 159: Guess That Book!

364

Jul 16, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

After a bit of a break for the 4th of July, PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is back this week with our 159th episode of Harry Potter news, discussion, and fun. The news came pouring in this week, and Sue is here to bring you information on the first high-res stills from the “Half-Blood Prince” film, the HBP video game trailer, a new interview with Stuart Craig from Movie Magic Magazine, theme park updates, and more. The PotterCasters continue on with Chapter 13 of “Deathly Hallows” in the next installment of Bit by Bit. This week, the topic of the Trio in the Ministry with Umbrdige is covered along with a discussion on the different descriptive traits used for various characters. Next up, we introduce a brand new PotterCast segment called: Guess that Book. This new call-out game gives listeners the chance to guess a particular quote from one of the seven Harry Potter novels in this fun new segment. This episode concludes with a WrapUp that gives you updates on the PotterCast Tour, another spoiler from Melissa’s book, ComicCon news, and a shout out to the editors! To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“Guess That Book!”

- “Half-Blood Prince” pictures and news galore.
- John is a closet ABBA fan.
- Mission Impossible at the Ministry, we continue Bit-by-Bit with Chapter 13 of “Deathly Hallows.”
- It’s the crazy James Bond chapter!
- Umbridge is as giddy as can be.
- What wizards would do with stem cells? Yeah… we went there.
- A new addicting call-out game is introduced this week.
- John spoils Melissa’s book some more.
- Information and news about PotterCast at Comic Con in San Diego, CA this year.
- PotterCast Tour updates and news. Tentative live podcast dates and locations are as follows:

• July 29: Boston, MA
  • July 30: Providence, RI
  • July 31: New York, NY
  • August 1: New Jersey or Philadelphia, PA
  • August 2: Philadelphia, PA or New Jersey
  • August 3 Pittsburgh, PA
  • August 4: Detroit, MI
  • August 5: Just hanging around in Ann Arbor, MI! :)
  • RT: 79:14

Editors: John Noe, Stede Bonnett, Andrew Garner, Jeff Gregory, Samantha McManus, Emma, Kimberly, Noah, Liz, and Luke

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
    Podcast Alley
    Digg
    Terminus 2008

Direct download (44 MB).
    Direct download low-bandwidth (9 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

41 Responses to PotterCast 159: Guess That Book!

Avatar Image says:

I hope they don’t get Angelina to touch the necklace as she’s left school

Avatar Image says:

yay. new pottercast episode!!!!!! can’t wait to hear it! it has been forever.

Avatar Image says:

squee!!! i can’t wait to listen to it!

Avatar Image says:

wow! its been forever and a half since you released the last one, its seems! cant wait! : )

Yay! A new PotterCast!

Avatar Image says:

I will toatlly be in NY for your live show <333 And at leakycon, I am so excited!

YES!!! FINALLY!

Avatar Image says:

Finally Guys!! Was getting worried there! Cant wait to listen.

Avatar Image says:

Pottercast is THE best potter podcast EVER! Love me some John and Frak,! Sue is just a doll and Melissa is my fellow italian sister! Love you guys.

Avatar Image says:

! Aug 5 you’ll be just kickin in around A2?!! dsfg;ujharfguhaerg! I had better be home for those 2 days…

Avatar Image says:

So I am assuming I’ll see you kids at the Harry and the Potters concert in Ann Arbor August 5th?

Avatar Image says:

Good show, guys! I especially liked the long news chat and the Bit-by-Bit.

Good question about what Umbridge did to make her Patronus last so long in the courtroom. My guess is that you can add extra charms “on top of” the Patronus spell to make the Patronus do what you want it to do. Thus the Order would use one charm to give their Patronuses the power to convey messages, and Umbridge would use another charm to make her Patronus pace the room.

Great episode guys!

Avatar Image says:

Their voices seem deeper????????? YAY THOUGH!!!

Avatar Image says:

I love Bit by Bit…but….their is something that’s getting to me, and you guys keep doing it.

You skip out on those beautiful moments between Ron and Hermione. First, you guys made the complaint that the movies don’t do it, but then you don’t even talk about it!

After the ministry, there is the scene where Ron was ‘fretting over the fate of the Cattermoles’ and Hermione looked at him ‘with such tenderness’ that Harry felt like he caught her in the act of kissing him.

That is a beautiful line.

Why didn’t you talk about it, guys! Give the shippers some love!

Avatar Image says:

Always fun to review chapters from the books, but absolutely LOVED the “Guess that book” bit! I was getting teased about listening to a Pottercast, but next thing I knew, my hubby got sucked in on the guessing!!! It was great fun!

Avatar Image says:

Katie Bell was cast a while ago, both her and her friend Leanne. They’re even in the Potions picture with Hermione, on the other side of Romilda Vane, next to Lavender. That’s Katie and Leanne.

Avatar Image says:

Oh and great episode guys. I always enjoy your discussions on news items and the bit-by-bit. :)

Avatar Image says:

Ummm, the pich has been lower on the player on the side, it is very irritating! please fix it? :D

Avatar Image says:

I thought guess that book would be really hard, I actually guessed it all pretty well, even the chapters, so yay! That was kinda fun. But I am glad to have bit by bit, I needed my fix! Ha ha! Thanks PotterCast!

Avatar Image says:

I agree: “Guess That Book” is fun!

I have a suggestion for future versions: Instead of having people name the chapter, just have them describe the context of the quote. (Some of the players did that this time, already.) That’s how my sister and I play it, and I think it’s easier and more interesting that way. I tend to remember the books as a series of episodes or situations rather than a series of chapters.

Avatar Image says:

Yup, Georgina Leonidas is Katie Bell and Isabella Laughland is Leanne. http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_7150000/newsid_7152200/7152288.stm, though of course I read about it on Leaky first. :)

Avatar Image says:

you guys should come to the Harry and the Potters concert in MI on the 5th if you’re not doing anything and still hanging around here!

Avatar Image says:

Okay, what the heck?? The episode is from Hallowe’en back before GoF was released?

Avatar Image says:

First time ever checking out a ‘podcast’....lets c how i like it :)

Avatar Image says:

Yay!,new pottercast episode,can’t wait to hear it,download initiating now

Avatar Image says:

You realize you will now be inundated with Haggis at the live shows… Big… Steaming… Oozing…. Haggis.

Avatar Image says:

Great show! I liked the ‘Guess the Book’ section.

Geminio!

Great spell. Gemini is the astrological sign “the Twins”. So make it a verb and presto chango you’ve made twins! Easy.

But hurry so we can let these poor souls escape!

And weren’t we just a little overboard reviling Haggis. I mean geez! hot dogs, sausage, All kinds of wurst, Kielbase are essentially the same. And after all, the Scotts are frugal. You must use all of it, right? Waste not, Want not.

(I’ve never tried Haggis, Probable will never have the opportunity. So there’s only a little hipocracy here. ;))

OMT

Avatar Image says:

Just dropping in to say that a couple of podcasts ago you guys were wondering if there was a wizard equivalent for the UN and I’m just re-reading Goblet of Fire and the International Confederation of Wizards is mentioned a couple of times and I was wondering if this was what you were talking about =)

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I’m going to the Boston one and if they do a podcast in Atlantic City (Hometown) i can also go to that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m taking a trip to Boston at that same time! I’ll be back before the New Jersey one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The one perk of living in South Jersey… =D

Avatar Image says:

yes cant wait to listen to it :):):):):)

Avatar Image says:

Melissa’s HP book—Harry, A History: The True Story of a Boy Wizard, His Fans, and Life Inside the Harry Potter Phenomenon—is now available for pre-order on Amazon.com

congratulations, Melissa, looking forward to recceiving my copy!

Avatar Image says:

I cant wait to listen, it has taken “an age” to d/l . I have been suffering “withdrawal”. Comments later :)

Avatar Image says:

Yayy a podcast in Detroit!! and Ann Arbor is soo fun!!

Avatar Image says:

Hey, I’ve actually had haggis. We go over to the University of Edinburgh every few years. Our best native Scottish friend made us haggis one time and we of course had to eat it for manners. Many people prefer it steamed to boiled (I do too) and you don’t eat the skin (unlike a hot dog!). It tastes like a spicy, crumbly meatloaf…very good actually. Plus you can have haggis of any meat, even VEGETARIAN haggis which I had at Clever Dick’s in Old City. Seriously worth trying. And if you’re willing to eat bangers, haggis is no stretch.

Avatar Image says:

wait, i wanna know how to get the free audiobook. and im so jazzed for the harry potter pop cans. sweet!!! vive xe

Avatar Image says:

Just got to listen, but really liked the name that book. It’s always cool to hear different voices. Can’t wait to see everyone in Chicago.

Avatar Image says:

But they did cast Katie Bell. Georgina Leonidas is playing her.

Avatar Image says:

If it makes you feel any better, John, my parents gave me a Figment stuffed animal the day I was born…

Avatar Image says:

Chicago has GREAT hot dogs.

Avatar Image says:

Another great Pottercast, guys!* I can’t wait to meet you all at Comic-Con, It’s going to be amazing!*

And I hope you play “Guess that Book” at Comic-Con, I want to play! =)

Write a Reply or Comment