“Half-Blood Prince” IMAX Trailer Running Time and Rating in UK

114

Jul 24, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The British Board Film Classification website has been updated with information regarding the UK running time and rating for a “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” combined trailer for IMAX. A new entry on the site lists the “Half-Blood Prince” trailer along with a trailer for the upcoming WB film Watchman, as having a combined running time of 2 minutes 40 seconds. It also gives this IMAX combined trailer a parental rating of 12A, one step above a rating of PG. It is most likely that this trailer rating is based on the 15 second teaser that appeared before IMAX showings of The Dark Knight last week in the States. We await further news about the trailer and will update when we receive additional information.

“Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” is set for a November release in theaters.

60 Responses to “Half-Blood Prince” IMAX Trailer Running Time and Rating in UK

Avatar Image says:

FINALLY omething bout that trailer yay!!! :O

Avatar Image says:

FINALLY something bout that trailer yay!!! :O

Avatar Image says:

I wish they would release the trailer tomorrow!!! it feels like we’ve been waiting for forever :( i don’t remember WB releasing the other HP movie trailers so close to the release date of the films…

4th post

Interesting! But i just wanna see TRAILER!!

Avatar Image says:

GOOD! listen guys, I’ve read on so many places that the trailer will be out on August 1st. I hope this is true,because I just can’t wait anymore! I’m reading HBP at the moment to remind myself before the film comes out:)

OMG! JUST GIMMIE THE TRAILER ALREADY!!!! : (

Avatar Image says:

Hmmm… It’s not ok, I think. Watchmen’s release date is 6 March 2009, so maybe the trailer for Watchmen will be showed before Harry Potter film? Hope not…

Avatar Image says:

I hope we hear more soon! I’m basically ripping my hair out over here. haha I’m so excited! Let’s cross our fingers for August 1st!

Avatar Image says:

I just wish the trailer would come as soon as possible. We have waited long enough for it, to say the least. Surely we ought to be rewarded for our patience (or lack of it)?

Avatar Image says:

The Watchmen trailer has already been released and it’s 2:20 minutes long.

Avatar Image says:

Im sorry to burst your bubble but i just watched the Watchmen trailer on youtube and its 2:19 seconds. So this is no way shape or form a new trailer. And plus I saw it before the Dark Knight, and it was incredibly long. But the sad thing is, this movie comes out MARCH 6, 2009 !!! The WB should be ashamed !!!

Avatar Image says:

Well, that’s confusing. So I guess WB combined the 15 second IMAX “teaser” to the Watchman trailer for IMAX viewings of the Dark Knight? Interesting. Not sure why they wouldn’t be seperated, but maybe they choose to put them on one reel.

Avatar Image says:

I think it’s time we all admit it. WB is shafting the fans with this one. They don’t have any book hype to build off of anymore, so they’re dangling the carrot just out of reach for as long as possible. At this rate, we won’t get the trailer until we’re all hunkered down for the midnight showing of the actual film.

Avatar Image says:

Come On WB what the bloody hell are you doing this to us for. Notice I used Rons favorite word. LOL. They should join the Death Eaters they would fit in nicely especially when it come to torturing people. Im going to the Mummy on Aug 1 and it better be there. Im sick of being let down a million times.

Avatar Image says:

Why don’t we have a trailer.Guys do u remember how we were still waiting for the trailer with Prince Caspian.????It was 2 months ago!!!!!And we STILL don’t have it. I think i would have died if i got to knew that we wouldn’t have the trailer back in MAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

This is just getting riduculas.(Spelled wrong I think) The WB better not do this for the Deathly Hallows and the HBP movie BETTER be good for keeping us waiting for so long!

Avatar Image says:

I’m dying to see d trailer..hope WB releases it soon..:)

Avatar Image says:

I can’y believe there being so mean, we all will probably have HBP on DVD before they get the trailer!

Avatar Image says:

Galloping gargoyles I hope they come out with it soon, because I’m going to Germany soon and won’t have access to a computer or a cinema.

Avatar Image says:

is this a new imax trailer?or the rating is based on the 15 sec one?

Avatar Image says:

finally something, took you long enough warner brothers, this is so exiting :):):):)

AT LAST!!!

GIVE US THE TRAILLLERRRRR

Avatar Image says:

this confuses me. i see trailers for movies that aren’t coming out for a year or more and WB can’t even give us a preview for a movie coming out in november!!!!!

me and my friends are all going to go see the movie on opening day, wearing shirts that say things like “We’re with the chosen one” and “i’m in love with the boy who lived”.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah good golly gosh I’m gunna be in yellow stone and I think thats out of range of a computer so how the heck am i suppposed to see it! I WANT it NOW!!!

Avatar Image says:

Oh, for the love of all that is holy, GIVE US THE TRAILER!!! This is driving me crazy! I think by this point, we should be on the brink of getting a big international trailer, shouldn’t we?

Avatar Image says:

I agree wholeheartedly with “Rooser Lee”: this waiting is marketing at its worst. I think the most galling aspect of this is that not only is there no trailer, but no NEWS of a trailer – not even a, “it’ll be released in front of the Mummy,” or “it’ll be released in front of the Star Wars”. Nothing. Nadda. JK would NEVER have treated her fans like this…after all, why is the Harry Potter series the highest grossing in history? Because WE made it so. And now they want to extract more money from us with TWO Deathly Hallows films?! If HBP is rubbish, I will not be going back to see the last two. So there.

Avatar Image says:

ok im excited for the trailer but dont you guys see WB has finally reached the point were they are going to rely on the fans to come and support the film they know that HP has a huge huge huge fanbase and they are playing up on that, now there focusing more on other movies that can bring them big profits do you get what i mean i guess what im saying is that HP brings in huge profits from only the fans watching it, then there is also the other people who arent fan fans but just want to watch the movie so they can have something to talk about since everyone watches them so WB is probably thinking why spend so much money on advertising (posters trailers public annousments…) when its going to rake in millions from just the people on Leaky and all the other fansite also rember that the actors promot the film to which is already in part of there pay check i believe, so WB now is trying to focus more on its other films rember people its only about money unfortunatly WB doesnt really care about the fans unless there waving wads of cash in front of them

Avatar Image says:

This better be a damn good trailer.

Avatar Image says:

Nige you have no idea how much respect i have for you now because of your post i agree 150% its stupid how there treating us instead of throwing us how to the side they should bow down to us and thank us for paying there bills every month honestly though i think im not beating myself for a trailer because ive lost hope in the movies when the 4th one came out i told myself i would give the other ones a chance the 5th one came out and it didnt deserve the chance can you believe i sill havent bought the 5th dvd i just dont feel like spending 25 dollars on something i didnt enjoy and WB better start watching out cause i have a feeling me and Nige arent the only ones feeling like this

Avatar Image says:

There’s a new Harry Potter movie coming out? Really?

Avatar Image says:

Okay what’s up with that? WB can put out a 2+ minute trailer on a movie not due in theaters until next MARCH, but we can’t get more than 15 seconds of a movie due out in November!! Am I the only one that feels like picketing WB offices until we get a trailer for HBP?!

Avatar Image says:

I was trying to be patient, but now I don’t really care if I’m patient or not. I just really want to see a trailer, that’s all. I’m sort of sick of waiting and all that shenanigans, so whatever. GOLLY GEE!

Hmm…..

Avatar Image says:

it better be long! weve bin waitin ages 4 the trailer n if it lasts less than 2 minutes i will scream! atleast thers sum news. i hope it turn out 2 b another rumour

Avatar Image says:

The rating would be based on the BBFC viewing the full version of the trailer – that’s the law. They wouldn’t decide a rating based on a 15-second teaser.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t believe we have to wait for so long for a simple trailer. I agree with all those who said that WB are doing this for money and nothing else. They know that we’re going to help them make the new one a blockbuster so they’re just throwing us aside. I’m fed up of all of this…. I just want the trailer! I hope WB realizes that this will actually be worse in the long run. I mean, look at the promotion. How many official images have we got from HBP? Thirthy? Or probably less. This time the promotion is lacking a LOT. Well, I hope that we’ll have the trailer before the movie gets out. If we get it…

Avatar Image says:

GOOOSHH dont tell us how long that trailer will be and so on just give us the trailer allready PLEASE!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Pictures of the actor Daniel Radcliffe celebrating its anniversary of 19 years.

Avatar Image says:

It seems to me that what Mollywobble said is just right; they combined the “Watchmen” and “Half-Blood Prince” trailers onto one reel with a combined running time of 2 minutes and 40 seconds (which makes sense, since the HP trailer was about 20 seconds and the Watchmen one was about 2 min 20 seconds). The BBFC rating then probably just applies to the “Watchmen” trailer. While I do think that “Half-Blood Prince” will eventually get a 12A trailer, I agree with Sharon that there’s no way the BBFC is judging that based on one line from Dumbledore.

In other words, this is completely unexciting news. We have no information about trailer running time or even a release date for the “Half-Blood Prince” trailer. We’ll probably just have to wait even longer for our long-overdue trailer and hope that it’s either with “The Mummy” or “The Clone Wars.”

Avatar Image says:

Very disappointing. I just watched the Terminator teaser. It’s not due for release until summer ‘09…. I’d just like something, anything (other than a voiceover and a black screen, thank you)

Of course, trailer or no trailer, the movie will be number one for weeks and we’ll all see it 3 or 4 times and buy the dvd when it comes out. hehe

Avatar Image says:

If you people would actually read the article you would see that they explain that they are most likely talking about the 15 sec “trailer” that already came out. This is old news, except for the “Watchman” part.

Avatar Image says:

I went to see the Dark Knight in Imax last night, the trailer is the one we have seen already, Dumbledore talks, Hedwig’s theme and the logo. Nothing new. They did have a slideshow running before the trailers for those of us geeky enough to turn up very early. It said that 40 minutes of the movie will be in 3D. Not sure if the length of the 3D section is new info?

Avatar Image says:

Liliana- you are so right! We will all watch it 3 or 4 times and buy the DVD because we love Harry Potter! Why else would we check this website everyday and drool over the possibility that WB may actually care about us lowly fans?

Avatar Image says:

I think this is the combination of the Watchmen trailer already out on the web with the 15 second HBP teaser we all know and love… .

Avatar Image says:

WB is buggin yo :|! How they gonna have trailer for next year already but cant [bleeping] have the HBP trailer YET? I hope every1 @ WB gets pink eye :).

$#^%

Avatar Image says:

Exactly Sahil. This really isn’t news at all.

I just wish WB would confirm something. Let’s just start a ridiculously crazy rumour and see if WB denies it or not. How about…The 6th movie is being pushed back to the summer of 2009. There we go. Everyone go stir the pot. Kidding.

Oh, you know what else would have been nice? Something about Potter at Comic-Con. Obviously the Panel with Sue and Melissa will be awesome, but couldn’t WB promote the movie too. Maybe hand out teaser posters or something? Anything.

Avatar Image says:

Mollywobble, your suggestion of ‘stirring the pot’ reminded me about something. I read an article on darkhorizons.com a couple of months ago – it said WB was extremely light on announced summer blockbusters for 2009, compared to the other studios. Now I don’t think we’ve anything to worry about but please don’t give WB any ideas! (lol).

Avatar Image says:

this is just anoying! just give us the trailer please! (and a decent one at that…)

Avatar Image says:

For gods sake, WB are being t**s!

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! HBP!! FINALLY

Avatar Image says:

Is it the same running time in the U.S or just in the UK? Sarah the trailer for HBP will be released with The Mummy Three. WB has confirmed it. It opens August 1. Don’t worry it is only 8 more days left. Yeah finally.

Avatar Image says:

wow everybody…if WB ever does read any of these comments, they may be withholding out of spite.

Avatar Image says:

this is so dumb! they need to hurry up and be nice to us fans!

Avatar Image says:

Well, I saw The Dark Knight already, which by the way, WAS FREAKING AWESOME! I LOVED IT! I’m in the states so I didn’t see it but then again, I wasn’t in the IMAX theater but I’m just stating a fact. I saw it in regular theaters and lemme say this again, OMG! IT WAS AWESOME! Heath Ledger’s performance was the best I’ve ever seen of him. My god, he was good. “Why so SERIOUS!?” is my favorite quote by the joker. When he tells his stories about how he got his scars, its funny! Ok, I’m getting sidetracked. Sorry! But I had to say it! Again, Heath Ledger did a superb job and it’s really too bad that he lived such a short life. :( But I can’t wait for the trailer to come out! I have a feeling it’s gonna be good! lol Oh, if you’re a Twilight fan (like me, hence the name), the new trailer is out, if you haven’t seen it. :D Look on YouTube. It’s great! Sorry, again, I got sidetracked. lol But I can’t wait for Harry Potter to come out! :D I’M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

August 1st is my birthday, this will be the best present ever. parental rating 12… i’m not suprised, i heard the Inferni are gastly. apperently they were close not to have it be rated 15.

but seriously i am checking my laptop everyday for some more news on HBP. I’ve read the books again. Just to stop me being so excited. fingers crossed for August 1st.

Avatar Image says:

o no they really should let us know… wb shouldnt do this coz its sooooo mean evryon thought it was gonna cum out with pr caspian and that was ages ago!!!! the teaser really really revealed NOTHING they might as well release the movie since were never gointo get to se the preview

I heard the trailer is out on 30th July, I can’t wait to see it

Avatar Image says:

Let me unstand right that there is 2 trailer out right now and do we havethe licnk here

Write a Reply or Comment