Leaky’s Half-Blood Prince Set Teaser

117

Jul 30, 2008

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

Presenting the first part of Leaky’s Half-Blood Prince set report! I visited the set back in January and now that the trailer is out can share a bit about it with you: read about the romance in the films, the way the sets are ever-growing and expanding; the new props, paraphernalia and costumes; and cast and crew’s thoughts on splitting the seventh film in two… Enjoy! As we get closer to the film you can expect more in this vein, including video footage of the interviews and full writeups of our experiences. Also, I’ll be blogging about the past sets at the same link as above, so check back fairly frequently.

60 Responses to Leaky’s Half-Blood Prince Set Teaser

wow! so stoked.

first to post?!

Avatar Image says:

I would so like to see this, as I’m sure it’s fantastic [like everything Melissa does] but my computer “times out” before it’s finished loading! Toooo long download, folks. Anyone got any ideas?? :[

Avatar Image says:

Melissa, the site is really slow these days… what’s going on? Anyway, thanks for the teaser…

1st!?? very cool.

Avatar Image says:

OMG i actually cant wait!!!!!!!!!!

1st?? very cool!

Avatar Image says:

Cool. Is anyone going to go see the Mummy 3 movie? If so can you tell me if they showed the full trailer for HP, HBP movie. Thanks alot.

i’m so excited! this is awesome . . . can’t wait to read more!! =]

Avatar Image says:

The blog isn’t loading for me.. sobs :(

Avatar Image says:

I would love to see this, as I know it must be great. [Everything Ms Melissa does is great!] but I can’t get it to down load. Everytime I try, my computer “times out”....any ideas?

Avatar Image says:

Too many updates, and too many people on leaky make it go not work…. :(

It doesn’t load for me either :o(

its not loading… :(

It doesn’t load for me either :o(

Avatar Image says:

Wow, lots of repeat comments. It won’t load for me either. Something wrong with the site?

Avatar Image says:

It didn’t for me either and I thought it was because I’m not in USA but then I copied the link and pasted it into a new page and it worked! It’s the best teaser set report I’ve read so far, can’t wait for a new pottercast!

Avatar Image says:

Same here. The page just stays on about:blank forever. I’m getting pretty steamed.

Avatar Image says:

Not loading for me as well.

Like “hepburnist ”, I’ve had a lot of problems getting Leaky’s pages to load during the last week. The response time is sometimes several minutes long.

Avatar Image says:

woah, WHAT did you do to get on the set?? do i have to set up a website or just beg really loudly? vive xe

Avatar Image says:

sad It won’t load for me.

Avatar Image says:

the trailer before the mummy is the teaser trailer, the one already on the internet.

Avatar Image says:

It’s not loading for me.

Avatar Image says:

Neither this or the blogs have loaded at all this week. You may need another server, Leaky or remove some features.

Avatar Image says:

Okay, this is not the first time the blogs would not load for me. Whats the deal? I’ve tried to get to the blogs 3 or 4 times, each time nada.

And now the set report.

Avatar Image says:

Sloooow to load. I really liked what I read on your blog, Melissa, and look forward to the full report. Are you going to release it when they release the trailer? I’m a little worried that we’ll have to wait a couple more months for the full trailer since they just barely released the teaser. Anyway, I’ll keep checking your blog.

Avatar Image says:

The site times out before the report ever downloads, and I have Fios service.

Avatar Image says:

Same as everyone else, I can’t get it to load and I’m dying to read it!

Avatar Image says:

And it still isn’t loading!

Avatar Image says:

Same as everyone else, I can’t get it to load and I’m dying to read it!

And now the set report.

Avatar Image says:

I’ve had trouble with Leaky for days now. I want it fixed…I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT MY LEAKY!!

Avatar Image says:

Yay! It finally worked! Great report. I just heard the word Higgledy-Piggledy on Doug last week. I can’;t wait to see Luna’s Christmas Tree dress!

Avatar Image says:

I finally got to read it! I can’t wait to see the sets! THANK YOU LEAKY!!!!

Avatar Image says:

yay it finally loaded! im so excited for all the romance, especially the harry/ginny stuff. higgledy-piggledy made me laugh (good one, bonnie) as did rupert chewing lots of mints lol.

Avatar Image says:

Interesting. Ben Shepperd on GMTV said yesterday that Fred & George’s shop was the best set. It’s built on 3 floors and is stuffed to the gills with all sorts of wizarding jokes, tricks and toys. He said there’s stuff in there that will never be seen on screen but the attention to detail is mind blowing – he said he felt like a child let loose in a sweet shop!

Avatar Image says:

BTW higgledy-piggledy is a common English expression, it means stuff is messy and upside down and all over the place!

Avatar Image says:

lol, yes Karen, and it’s quite common here in Australia too, well for people of my generation and older anyway! My mother says it all the time, usually to describe my messy lounge room, lol.

Avatar Image says:

Hey and jk rowling/harry potter Birthsday ?????????????????? Leaky, you have miss it :( What a shame !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

The best sneak-peek report ever! Thanks, Melissa. You said so much without giving everything away. Truly perfect!

I loved the bit on ‘chipping a tooth’, hilarious! And I’m dying to know what the actors said about everything—esp. Dan and Bonnie on all those ‘tender moments’. Just sooooo curious!

Thanks, Melissa!

Avatar Image says:

Best sneak-peek report ever! Thanks, Melissa! You said just enough without giving everything away. Perfect! I can’t wait to see what you share next.

The ‘chipping a tooth’ bit was hilarious, and I’m glowing at the thought of Luna’s Christmas tree dress! But even more than all of that I’m sooooo curious to hear what all the actors have to say about the script. Just so curious. Esp. to hear what Dan and Bonnie have to say about all those ‘tender moments’. I don’t think I can wait for your next blog!

Keep up the good work!

Avatar Image says:

“the tender moments between Harry and Ginny and the actors’ thoughts on them” – I look forward to that.

This seems like it’s going to be a fun movie.

Malfoy and the little paper birds thing. I remember it being in one of the previous movies but not in the books.

Avatar Image says:

Over the years I’ve read with interest these set reports that describe the exquisite detail that goes into the sets and props such as Honeydukes, the Burrow, the food in the great hall, the different wands and now the joke shop. Then I see the movie where very little of the much touted detail is featured and I’m left disappointed. My question is why do they put so much effort into these details? These movies have incredible over the top budgets and it seems a complete waste of time and money (unless they have plans to open a museum to the public when filming finally ends to show us these sets!). Is it just busy work so that the production company can keep a lot of creative people employed? Is it necessary for the actors to truly become one with their characters? I remember reading Alphonso Cuaron’s excited description of Honeydukes and all the different types of candies based on his Mexican heritage etc and all we saw in the movie was a two second glimpse of the store and a bouncing red lollipop. Melissa, could you comment on this? Thanks!

Avatar Image says:

How come I can never flipping read it?! It’s been a day and I thought my computer was just acting like a mother …. :/ I want to read it so bad!

Avatar Image says:

Same problem as Christine- did WB make TLC pull it?

Avatar Image says:

Looks like Melissa had to remove the set report. No word on why. WB probably asked her too.

Avatar Image says:

Melissa – have you been told by WB to take the set report down? From what little is readable on your blog, that’s what it looks like!

Avatar Image says:

Sadness…it was taken down before I had a chance to read it! :(

Avatar Image says:

What? Now the link works and it’s not there. =[ That sucks that it’s delayed or whatever. Never got the chance to read bits of it…. :( *cries.

Avatar Image says:

This news post should be put down or updated on the home page. I got all excited to see a “sorry guys”. Mugglenet had a set report, but I suppose this one was too revealing for WB’s taste. That’s unfortunate.

Avatar Image says:

sigh why doesn’t it work :/

Avatar Image says:

Grr… can’t get it to load- i’ve tried in firefox, IE and Safari and it won’t work :(

Avatar Image says:

Where do i click to get to the report?

Avatar Image says:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH !!!!!!!!! ITS OUT!!!! ITS OUT!!!!! ITS OUT!!!!!!! WORDS CAN’T EVEN DESCRIBE HOW HAPPY I AM!!!!!! AAAAAAAHHHH!!

Avatar Image says:

i cant wait to see the movie!!! omg omg omg hdu&7&7deyakJYy788 :D :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!! lol

if it doesnt download u can see it on youtube! :)

Avatar Image says:

I can’t get it to work. All I get is a post that says Sorry Guys. Is there something wrong with my computer?

Avatar Image says:

Wow! Ireally can’t wait for this one. I think it’s going to put all the others to shamer really. So dark and wonderful, yum!

Harry Potter T-shirts? Visit http://www.cafepress.com/besserwiss/3424800