Crystallized Pineapple, Cinnamon Pixies, and Sugar Quills-Oh Yum!

115

Aug 12, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Ever fancy some of Slughorn’s Crystallized Pineapple as mentioned in “Half-Blood Prince?” Well now you can, as there is word tonight on some of the new candies being released this fall before the debut of the sixth Harry Potter film. MTV has an article online tonight detailing some of the new treats we can expect to find in stores, including Sugar Quills, Cinnamon Pixies (similar to the Pepper Imps), Peppermint Toads (There’s different varieties of chocolate frogs ” some are solid, others have rice krispies inside”), and the candied pineapple which MTV describes as “actual dried pineapple bits coated in sour candy.” Other offerings include: Every-Flavor Chocolates (Like Every Flavor Beans, except instead of being Jelly Belly-inspired, these are more like M&Ms, with flavors like grape, pear, coffee, and raspberry, among others. “A strange hybrid of M&Ms and Skittles’) Cockroach Clusters, Coconut Ice, Chocolate Wands, Floo Powder (There’s 26 flavors of this stuff, from apple pie to root bear to lemonade, and they all come in little test tubes”), as well as Dementor’s Kisses and even Unicorn Droppings (basically sugar-frosted marbles of gummy candy.)

Thanks to MTV for the heads up!

105 Responses to Crystallized Pineapple, Cinnamon Pixies, and Sugar Quills-Oh Yum!

Avatar Image says:

It all sounds awesome! I can’t wait to try some of this stuff! First?

Avatar Image says:

where can we find this stuff? im excited. yummmm. it will be fun eating bertie bott’s.

Wow. awesome

I can barely handle all the news there’s been this week.

Avatar Image says:

I was wondering if they’d release a new line of candy soon…I personally can’t wait for the candied/crystalized pineapple! I’m rereading HBP now and every time it’s mentioned my mouth waters. :D

Avatar Image says:

So Sue can post this but we cant get any news on whats going on with the Pottercast Shows? I love you Sue but come on….

Avatar Image says:

Whimsic Alley sells candy including pineapple, Pepper Imps and Dementor’s Kisses, Unicorn Droppings. I wonder if it’s the same?

Their pineapple is scrumptious!

Avatar Image says:

i’m buying twenty sugar quills and i’m eating them in class. no question.

oh, and where’s pottercast? i’m dying.

Avatar Image says:

ooohh, yummm…. can’t wait to try everything!! :D

Avatar Image says:

Oh yummy! I can’t wait to try some of that candy. Since the candy is magical, do you suppose the cavities that come after eating all the candy are magical too, and actually make your teeth stronger instead of rotting them? :D Oh, and on a completely non-related note, the commenters are getting rather worried over at pottercast.com. :P Where are all the tour shows? I just want an official statement here, pretty please Sue? Where did the San Diego show and the following shows disappear to?

dude…

Avatar Image says:

I remember when Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans were in stores. I liked it! Didn’t last long though… You can’t get it anywhere anymore.

Im hungry now >_>

can’t wait to try some of these _

They all sound amazing.

But the Suqar Quills pumps me up most of all… I’ve always dreamed of having a sugar quill…

Avatar Image says:

They sound awesome! I really want them all now! (except for cockroach clusters…ew)

Avatar Image says:

I want everything! I have the Chocolate Frogs! I ordered them off of Amazon. MMMMMMMMMM :P So good! But what I really want is a Sugar Quill!

Avatar Image says:

COOOOLLL!! can’t wait to try all of them!

Avatar Image says:

Sugar Quills! I hope there’s new witches and wizards to collect. I still need two more to complete my current set.

Avatar Image says:

EPIC!!! I shall devour them all!

Avatar Image says:

I hope we can buy them soon!!! I agree with you Vincent there has been alot of great news.

Avatar Image says:

These sound like so much fun! Hopefully they are not as expensive as the previous themed candy. And I miss Pottercast too!!!

Avatar Image says:

I hope Borders books will sell them, they still sell the Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans.

Avatar Image says:

Al right kids (and adults alike), eat these candies in moderation!!! Too much candy mean bad teeth and bigger tummies! OK ALI-SON? Especially you! If Mrs Weasley heard you plan to eat 20 quills in class, she’ll have a stroke. Brush your teeth twice a day.

Now, I want a Sugar Quill please…

Avatar Image says:

Lol but crystallised pinapple already exists its suppposed to be a Muggle sweat! Lol normally its just pineapple thats been dried by leaving it in sugar and so it absorbs the sugar—its amazing I’m not so hot on the idea of it in sour candy! But hey hum the rest sound really nice.

Avatar Image says:

Ooooh it sounds delicious. I want to sign in to be a candy tester!!!! I bet this is for the future Honeydukes in the HP theme park

Avatar Image says:

YUM now i’m hungry! I hope that there not super expensive tho!! That would be bad!!

Avatar Image says:

Sounds great. I hope they are on sale in the UK. I bet Woolworths will have them.

Avatar Image says:

wow i wonder when they will be relesed?! i cant wait!

Avatar Image says:

Woo lots of candies! If they are to promote so many candies…hmmm…why do I think that we’ll see Honeydukes one more time in the film?

Sweeties … Harry Potter sweeties … dribbles

It’s like a dream come true. :D

Avatar Image says:

A Potter-obsessed foodie’s dream! I totally cannot wait to try these, especially the floo powder and the every flavour chocolates!

Avatar Image says:

squeeeee! Like ran I really hope they are available in te Uk or I will be very sad . Maybe Morissons wll have them because last time they had chocolate frogs?

Fran* (sorry)

Chocolate Frog for me.

Avatar Image says:

It sounds yum, all right! I can’t wait for them! lol, cockroach clusters? unicorn droppings? lol…but all the same, they’d be good i suppose?? i’ll devour them all!!

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!!! so excited for these sweets to come out!!! they sound lovely!! :D

Avatar Image says:

Wow, they sound so cool! I’ve got the Hogsmeade tin of sweets and they’re so tasty, but these sound even cooler! And, I never knew Twilight had a chocalate bar, haha. I hate Twilight, anyway.

Avatar Image says:

The ‘Every Flavour Chocolate Beans’ sounds a lot like the Revels Chocolates.

The new sweets does sound interesting.

Avatar Image says:

I love how they continue to immerse us in the Harry Potter world! I can’t wait for this stuff (or the movie) :)!

Avatar Image says:

Sounds like a ‘Honeydukes’ concession! TOOO COOOL! They will be great munches, while watching the movies at home! And, of course, HBP! Ok, when do WE get these delights? Sounds better than the usual sugar fare! I also hope they come, more to a package, than the ‘Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans’ [and less expensive!] WHOO HOOO!

Avatar Image says:

Bloody hell… Lucky you, I’m from Croatia, and we don’t have that here… OMG… and I’m sure that I would kill myself in so many of sweets…... Lucky you!!!!! Eat and enjoy as much as you can… P.S. Tell me what taste is it….ok?

Harry Potter sweets – 4ever!!!!!

Once again: LUCKY YOU!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Wow, that stuff looks yummy… well, most of it! ;)

I wonder how many people know that Cockroach Cluster originates from Monty Python? Interesting how that’s going to be one of the sweets. Did the makers need permission for that I wonder?

I’d also like to add my voices to those hoping these will be available in the UK, but I think something would be seriously wrong if they aren’t. I’m sure we’ll see some of it in Woolworths! Failing that, I may resort to online shopping.

Nasty as it sounds, I must admit I got a bit of a kick out of the offended Twilight fans’ comments on the webpage. I love Twilight, but internet fan wars really can be absurd. Ah – kids these days…

Avatar Image says:

HEY Sue ! Has TLC desided not to do PodCasts anymore???.......Just wondering since we hadn’t heard any since late July.:o)......Thanks

Avatar Image says:

I’m there! Anything that feeds my HP obsession!!!

Avatar Image says:

OMG! Can you imagine what they’re gonna have at the theme park!!!! HARRY POTTER SWEETS!! What would you guys wanna see them make? :P

Avatar Image says:

Is there any word on, where they’ll be on sale? Because I’m from Denmark, and I’d seriously be disappointed if I couldn’t get any of this! Especially the Sugar Quills! Always wanted to try those! :D - But I miss Droobles best Blowing Gum and Cauldron Cakes on the list!

Avatar Image says:

I agree with ali-son! I am defiantly going to buy the sugar quills and eat them in class. It’ll look like I am htinking of something but really I’m eating something sweet! Sweet! Cockroach Cluster are already out though. I got them at my town’s local candystore. they are basically chocolates with peanuts in the shape of cockroaches. Can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

The crystallized pineapple are just dried pineapple with sugar, you can go to a bulk food store and get some or even regular grocery store. What I really want are the sugar quills and some butterbeer and pumpkin pasties!!!!

Avatar Image says:

dementor’s kisses? what the heck are those?

Avatar Image says:

sounds amazing! oh, I wan’t sugar quills too…!

lol. “dementors kisses” sound HILARIOUS! this is so exciting

Avatar Image says:

Okay, I guess it’s time to start saving my money….. I want them all!*

Avatar Image says:

I never thought of the Crystallized Pinapple as sour… I still can’t wait to taste them all! I hope they’re not very expensive… I wish…

Avatar Image says:

I think it’s funny that the google ad link I see at the bottom of my screen is for “Diabetes & Cinnamon: Cinnamon and 7 other natural herbs can safely lower blood sugar.” Anyway…

The food merchandising for Harry Potter always seems a little odd to me-basically take products that already exist, re-branded them, and charge twice as much. Smarties did the every flavour chocalate thing a few years back and they were actually quite qood. (Smarties outside of the US are like M&Ms. What Americans call Smarties we call Rockets-one of those weird cultural things). As mentioned earlier Crystallized pineapple has been around for a long long time, and floo power sounds suspiciously like Pixie Sticks .

What I’m really hoping for is a confectionary shop at the theme park that would sell hand-crafted sweets like I pictured Honey Dukes actually making. Until then, I’ll probably risk a few mass-produced candies.

Avatar Image says:

...I don’t know why some of my past has struck through, sorry about that.

Avatar Image says:

Sounds good. Especially the variations on the chocolate frogs. Emmy our local Albertsons in Utah has had bertie botts with their Jelly Bellys for years. I walk by them almost everyday.

Avatar Image says:

ooo!!!!! that candy sounds good!!!!!!

NEW JONAS BROTHERS CD OUT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!

sorry i am a bit excited….

Avatar Image says:

I imagined crystallized pinnaple to be overly sweet..anyway I really want to try it and the Sugar Quills!

Avatar Image says:

this is all great and all but wat use is it if i cant get hold of it?????!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Cool i want to get some sometime.

Avatar Image says:

well after the bean i denno but those sugar quills sound delicious and slughorns pineapple candies mmmmmm…..my mouth is watering already.

Avatar Image says:

i love potter candy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but were can i buy it in california other then on the internet. i want the good old fashion ice mice sooooooooo bad! can’t wait to try these new ones. can someone please tell me why we didn’t get a new pottercast yet? i can’t live without my weekly dose of melissa, jon, sue, and frak!

bears

Awesome!!!! They have sugar quills!!! = D

Avatar Image says:

CHOCOLATE WANDSSS! OMG. :) Crystallized Pineapple! I always thought they were just dried pineapples with sugar on them. :)

Candied pineapple?

...ooh! I’ve got to find me some. I absolutely adore pineapple.

Avatar Image says:

i can’t wait to try all these Harry Potter candy’s…. ahhh!!! so cool!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I really hope they go on sale in the UK!!!

Avatar Image says:

That’s cool… can’t wait to try them!

Avatar Image says:

Ug, the Twilight fans are freaking out. Again. It’s soo stupid!! HP fans aren’t out to get Twilight fans…It’s an article about candy for crying out loud!!!

BTW all the candy sounds great!! Can’t wait to give them a try!!

Avatar Image says:

MMMM sounds like lot of tasty stuff, i cant wait to try it!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

What about edible Dark Marks – or do they make anyone sick ?? But seriously, the stuff sounds delicious. They should sell it alongside Butterbeer and Firewhiskey in the cinemas when HBP comes out .

Avatar Image says:

OMG! cant wait, will this be released in the UK? and where abouts would i be able to get them ?

Avatar Image says:

Nifty! Though I do not want to think of little kids with “floo powder” in their systems.

Avatar Image says:

You can get the Crystalized Pineapple and several of the other types of candy at www.WhimsicAlley.com

Avatar Image says:

Now I can say, “Uh yeah, I’d like two chocolate frogs & a sugar quill please!” I will feel like I’m on the Hogwarts Express…

Avatar Image says:

I keep hearing about all the candies and bertied botts jellybeans but I never been able to find any of them. I checked Toy R Us, Target, Wall-Mart and many other stores, even the candy store up and Universal Hollywood City Walk, nothing. Ever. If they want to make money by putting this stuff out, they could at least tell us were to get it.

Avatar Image says:

Bruce try Amazon.com They have a few things online.

Avatar Image says:

Wow! this candy is going to make me race up the pounds. I’m going to eat like 50 of everything!!!!! :(

Avatar Image says:

are you for real???? OMG i LOVE harry potter candy. the other day i was in a store and found acid pops and blood pops. me and my friend got really excited. plus, i know they already have bertie botts beans, so i am REALLY excited for this new candy. if anyone knows where these can be found, please email me (horse_whisperer15@yahoo.com) or my screen name (ramonesrockpunk) which is AIM.

Cockroach Clusters…

Um… What about Acid Pops?

Avatar Image says:

WOW how exciting!!! very cool cannot wait to taste some of these wonderful goodies!!!! YUM YUM!

Avatar Image says:

Oh My God! Thats so exciting! I was worried that after a certain amount of movies they would just pump out the same old things. But this is awsome!!!!!! Sugar Quills, here I come!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Awesome! I’m totally craving candy now! I remember the Bertie Bott’s Beans that were in stores when the first or second film came out, but then they disappeared. I always wondered why they hadn’t made more of the different candies mentioned in the books. I wonder what took them so long.

Avatar Image says:

Oh that’s exciting! One time me and two friends were eating Berttie Bott Beans, and we didn’t actually think they would taste like sausages, grass, rotten eggs, and vomit…but they did! We were about to throw up, seriously…but it was so much fun, I felt like Harry when he first tried the beans :D

Avatar Image says:

The Berttie Botts Beans ARE in stores, but I don’t know where… my friend went to the States recently and brought me a small pouch of them… I’ll ask her where she got them…

yummy yummy in my tummy

Avatar Image says:

Totaly awesome! Where can I get some?!

Delicious!

Avatar Image says:

Yeah woohoo about candy but where the h-e-double-broomsticks are you Sue? And John, Melissa, and Frak for that matter. I thought you went on tour? Its been almost three weeks! Some news at least.

Avatar Image says:

Ohhh, i wan a suguar quill!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Cool! Does anyone know when these are coming out?

why????????? why me?????????

why do i have to be a diabetic, why???? why???

Avatar Image says:

ooooooo yum! that all sounds soo good. I cant wait to get a sugar quill. ive always wanted them. the candys in the wazarding world always sound so good! :D

Avatar Image says:

I’m buying them all… I hope they’re good though. The Jelly Slugs taste like.. well, not very good.

Avatar Image says:

You can find them all at Borders. They ALWAYS sell HP treats. I’ve bought Bertie Botts Beans quite a few times there, and chocolate frogs.

Avatar Image says:

Whimsic Alley has all of this stuff.(The unicorn droppings and dememtor’s kisses are very good)

And where’s the Terminus Pottercast?

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think these candies are “official merchandise”. It seems that they are created and sold by that website. As of right now, the only official candies that are available in stores are Bertie Botts, Jelly Slugs, Blood Pops, Chocolate Frogs, and the new Droobles gum. Acid Pops, Exploding Bon Bons, Ice Mice, Droobles gumballs, and Cockroach Clusters have been discontinued. Rumor has it that Bertie Botts are being discontinued also; they’ve been repackaged under the name BeanBoozled.

Avatar Image says:

Sorry but I am passing on the Dementor’s Kisses and even Unicorn Droppings, the rest sounded good, but those….

John B.

And still no Tarot Deck.

Avatar Image says:

Will these sweets be distributed all over the world? I really hope they reach my country. This is like a dream come true! Chocolate Frogs, Chocolate Wands, Every Flavor Beans and Cockroach Clusters! I wonder what those will be made of! I can taste them already!

You know what’ll be next, don’t you?! Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes! YAY!

well I’m excited :)

Unicorn droppings FTW. Edible floo powder FTL

Avatar Image says:

Hmmm…..Whimsic Alley has ALL of these candies already available at their store, including the Pineapple, which is exactly as the MTV article described it, and the Chocolate Every-Flavor Beans and the Chocolate Wands and the Unicorn Droppings as well. The only thing they don’t have is sugar quills and cinnamon pixies. Sounds like someone got to Stan for the recipes…...

Avatar Image says:

Oh yummm… can’t wait for the chocolate wands!

Avatar Image says:

hwere can you get the candy from??

Avatar ImageGena says: oh, wow that sounds amazing!! Maybe some floo powder would do.

Write a Reply or Comment