New HBP Behind the Scenes Photo of Dumbledore

115

Aug 20, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The latest issue of German magazine Cinema has an article and behind the scenes look at the “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” film which a short report, photos from the film, and new set photo of Dumbledore during a scene shot in the Great Hall. This particular behind the scenes image spans two pages of the magazine and shows actor Michael Gambon as Dumbledore standing before his familiar podium with the mass of crew preparing for the shot. The two page photo can be seen here and here. Scans of the rest of the six page spread can be viewed via our Image Galleries.

Thanks to Harry Potter Experts and UHP for mailing.

37 Responses to New HBP Behind the Scenes Photo of Dumbledore

Avatar Image says:

ok… it still doesn’t chnage anything isn’t?? fisrt??

oooooh.

Avatar Image says:

Yay! He’s wearing the half-moon glasses!

Avatar Image says:

Stop teasing us WB, you’re killing me!

Avatar Image says:

at least hes wearing the specs in one scene! rapture!

Avatar Image says:

I am barely excited anymore b/c of the july thing…sigh…

Avatar Image says:

He looks more gay than ever!

:D

Woohoo—new pix! Love it!

Avatar Image says:

yay..new picture….......the picture that i wanna see, though might not come out is like the astronomy tower @ the end

Avatar Image says:

“Stop teasing us WB, you’re killing me!” WB isn’t doing this you dummy.

Avatar Image says:

”....Whatever. They think that this is gona change our minds about the change in the release date. I’m still mad. If they would just fricken give us some pics of Ginny and Harry! Or Ron and Hermione!! jeeeez. or a new trailer.” They kinda… just did.

Avatar Image says:

yay! new pic…his hair seems whiter and less gray than the other movies, so that’s cool too…still annoyed about the movie release date, but i’ll get over it….mayb>_<

Avatar Image says:

Is it just me, or does Dumbledore look like he’s pregnant?

Avatar Image says:

Don’t. Even. Care. I know the advertising machine was already set in motion and all the people carrying this stuff were caught as much by surprise as we were. It’s not their fault. I just don’t want to see anything from this flipping movie that we can’t have for 330 days 6 hours and 11 minutes.

Seriously, I know I was one of the people who was begging for a countdown clock before, when we didn’t get one for so long, but can’t Leaky take that thing down for awhile? It’s just depressing.

Avatar Image says:

this just makes it worse

Avatar Image says:

seriously people, grow up and learn to cope with disappointment in a healthy way. it’s not like the movie was cancelled, just delayed. all this complaining and drama is making the entire harry potter fandom look like spoiled, whiny brats. it’s just a movie, not the end of the world. go put all this righteous indignation into something that will actually make a difference in the world…and i’m not talking about your right to support the hollywood empire whenever you feel like it.

Avatar Image says:

Glasses. Whiter beard. I love it!

Avatar Image says:

Lucas – No, it`s not just you. I think he looks knocked up too. LOL.

Avatar Image says:

I dont freaking care about any dumb pictures unless they can get some good harry/ginny ones!!!!! I am still not over the move of the movie!!! I am totally depressed and annoyed beyond belief!!! And now I am definitly not going to finish the twilight series. I read #1 and wasnt to pleased but now I know that is all I am gonna read….....

Avatar Image says:

wow i wish i could feel more excided about new pics and stuff but since the whole july thing i just can’t seem to get as excided anymore… =/

Avatar Image says:

the july thing dampered my spirits to!=(

Avatar Image says:

Well, I’m certainly jumping up and down with joy about the new pictures because like others, I’m still steamed about this whole WB things. Also, Lucas, now that you mention it, Dumbledore does look like he’s expecting. That’s a really funny interpretation of the picture.

Avatar Image says:

i’m still angry…..i mean new pics are good but i was really getting excited about the movie…..why’d they have to make it that far away for?

Avatar Image says:

I like the pic with Dumbledore.. :-) Is there someone who can translate the article? I’m not very familiar with the German language..

Avatar Image says:

Yay the glasses are on, if only they’d get rid of that ridiculous beard bobble thing!

Avatar Image says:

zzz, I couldn’t have said it better myself!

Honestly, folks. What’s done is done. Lighten up.

Avatar Image says:

every one whos like ‘i dont care’ come on and cheer up abit. i’m gutted too. can’t believe it. sent in lots of emails to alan horn and multiple other WB peeps. im not just gonna forget about it and wait excitedly for the next 329. i’ll keep emailing my complaint and im still pretty angry.

i stand by my ‘oooooh’ (which was second comment YAY) and this did get me abit more back into the excitement of HBP infact minutes later i rushed to my book and started re-reading it :D

everyones a bit OTT about the date change.. i mean im angry, like mad at WB but if you’ve got nothing better to say than ‘i dont care’ then whats the point in posting? im not saying you can’t, because you can if you like, you can say anything you want but theres not really any point in it..

Avatar Image says:

I think the picture is great! Dumbledore looks a bit older…more wizened. As for the “beard bauble thing”...what better way to keep a beard, that long, with hair [that long] manageable?! I will admit, it’s different. LOL.

Avatar Image says:

I have translated the article. Please forgive me my bad english.

The Making of the magic of a globas success: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Those who love the Universe surrounding the magic school, experience one surprise after another.

The scheduled scene takes place in the Great Hall at Hogwarts. The conversation of the three main characters is about Hermione’s jalousy, because Ron kissed another girl. Emma screwed up her lines twice. The third take is OK. Some snowflakes will be added in post-production. David Yates nods satisfied. The director reacts shocked upon the question wether the sixth film will be boring, while it – like the book – prepares for the final duel between Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort, but doesn’t show it in the end. “No, the film starts off with a big bang”, says David Yates defensivly. “In the book it’s only hinted at, but we’ll show it.” With a werewolf and other fairy tale creatures the production stay on course, as every new “Harry Potter” film is more spectacular that the previous one. “At the end”, says David Yates, “major parts of London will be reduced to debris.” Now, that’s a surprise.

THE SETS ARE THE MOST MAGICAL

THE STORY The cruel Lord Voldemort wants to rule the magical empire. According to a prophecy, only wizard in training, Harry Potter, can stop him. That’s why headmaster Dumbledore trains him personally for the final duel. However, the wise man oversees that his own life is in danger. Will Harry be able to protects this mentor?

The first surprise awaites visitors to the film studios in Leavesden, England at the entrance: time clocks! Harry’s wonderful magical world is made by people, who – like ordinary office workers – come and leave on time. For eight years in a row, 1100 people work on the series. They set a record. Surprise No. 2 comes when one meets the three world famous lead actors: None of the now adult stars is taller than 1,70 meters. Despite his age of 19 years, Daniel Radcliffe, who plays Harry Potter, still has some child like appearance. “We had great luck”, producer David Barron explains. “When we hired the children back then, nobody had an idea that we’d work together for so many years”. Thanks to their down-to-earthness, it’s believable that Harry, Hermione and Ron are still at school age. In real life, Daniel, Emma and Rupert are finished with school. After a brief chat with the young stars, we are allowed to acompany them to the set. The most pleasant surprise for the “Harry Potter” fan is, that the sets are just as breathtaking as they look in the films. Dumbledore’s office with the telescope, the 5 meters tall Hogwarts library with thousands of books or the comfortable and strange Weasley house – all the sets from all the previous movies are still there. After the production of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows”, the grounds of the studio is going to be turned into an amusement park, scheduled for 2011.

LOVE AND JALOUSY ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN LESSONS

SHOOTING LOCATION Leavesden studios host the “Harry Potter” franchise sine the first take of the first film in October 2000. Formerly there have been manufactured Rolls Royce airoplane engines. On Google Earth (search for it north of Watford) you can see the Privet Drive set. There are no signs leading to the production to keep the fans away.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks, Martok! Sounds pretty interesting! You’re really great, to take the time to translate this, for us folks who are unfamiliar with the German Language:D

thanks martok!

Avatar Image says:

I echo Confederate Lady’s praise. Thanks indeed Martok! Really interesting stuff including the London being destroyed part. That kinda bothers me slightly as I always thought, the wizard world is in parallel with our world in the 90s and whatever chaos was brought on by the Death Eaters, the muggle world was largely unaware and witnesses memory obliviated. Never mind, the film’s approach sounds entertaining, anyway.

Avatar Image says:

Thank you very much Martok!

Avatar Image says:

Please visit my blog to share ideas of effective and legal ways to protest WBros decision to delay this movie. We can’t force them to move the date back but we can vote with our wallets and yet still ejoy the movie.

Avatar Image says:

zzz in my opinion one sign of maturity is tolerating dissenting opinions. If YOU aren’t bothered by the date change more power to you, but why do you care what others think? How are they hurting you? I think it’s you who look like the spoiled, whiny brat, because you can’t tolerate other people being bothered by something that doesn’t bother you.

You are the one with the narrow world view if you think this date change is the ONLY thing people here are concerned about. Take off your tunnel-vision glasses and realize that you’re only looking at a very small part of each person posting here. Then YOU can grow up.

Write a Reply or Comment