“Order of the Phoenix” Nominated for People’s Choice at European Film Awards

120

Aug 29, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” film has been included on a list of nominees for the People’s Choice Award at the 21st Annual European Film Awards. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the fifth Potter film faces such films as “Welcome to the Sticks,” “Arn,” “Rabbit Without Ears”, “The Orphanage,” “[REC],” and “Atonement” in this category. Voting will open up for this award on Monday, September 1st via this link. The 2008 European Film Awards will be held this year in Copenhagen, Denmark on December 6th. Congratulations to all at OotP!

25 Responses to “Order of the Phoenix” Nominated for People’s Choice at European Film Awards

Avatar Image says:

Wow!!these films are brilliant!!congrats HP cast and crew!!

Avatar Image says:

Let’s squeeze another win out of an old movie!......getting boring.

Avatar Image says:

Cool!! congrats to HP crew!! u deserve this!

WHOO HOO!!!

4TH COMMENT!!

Avatar Image says:

Hahaa, “Rabbit Without Ears”! It took me some seconds to figure it out. “Keinohrhasen” :D That one deserves an award, but how can I not hope for a Potter movie? :S

Avatar Image says:

Awesome!! No way those other movies can beat OOTP. Let’s go Harry!!!

Avatar Image says:

Oops, I didn’t mean to post that twice.

Avatar Image says:

Don’t get me wrong I do love the movies but isnt it bit old to be giving it awards.

Avatar Image says:

Good job ootp cast!! U deserve it!! It’ll b a while be4 we see any more awards 4 the new HP movies so enjoy it while u can (stupid WB)

Avatar Image says:

WOW ! sounds cool. So what if it was some time back (only last year). Anyways Harry Potter n his movies are timeless. U’ ve definitely got my vote for that.

Avatar Image says:

congrats all and good luck!

Avatar Image says:

This is pretty awesome, any way you look at it! The reason it’s coming along, so late, is that the movies WE see tend to get to other countries later. Take, for example, the HP Books. We are still getting “new covers”...how many years after they were published? That would seem odd, too. Also, awards for different things crop up, long after the movie has been shown. Sometimes, for decades! [exapmle: Orson Wells and ‘War Of The Worlds’...NOT the Tom Cruise Movie, etiher] You go, Harry!!!!

Avatar Image says:

CONGATS! This is so cool. except isn’t the picture with the goblet of fire not order of the pheonix. i dont want to be rude but i think someone should know. plz correct me if i’m wrong though.

Avatar Image says:

Wow! This is really good, let’s hope it wins!

Congrats to all the Harry Potter cast and crew – you deserve it – I really enjoyed the 5th film. I’ll most certainly be voting for it. Good Luck!!

(Oh and for the comment posted by “Rose Weasley” I think you’re right about the picture being from “The Goblet of Fire” rather than “The Order of the Pheonix.” Does anybody know for certain? – Please correct us if we’re wrong!)

Avatar Image says:

COOL! But, didn’t “Twilight” knock your movie date(11-21-08) to July of next year? It does look good ya know….Twilight is coming!!11-21-08

Avatar Image says:

Who! Go Denmark! I live there _ But way cool of Ootp!

Avatar Image says:

“Rabbit without Ears”?? That’s got to be one of the most unimaginative translations of a movie title ever… Cool, though, I didn’t know there were European Film Awards

Avatar Image says:

twilight looks weird :S and we heard ya the first time dude ;) also i’m missing the point in your comment. except the “COOL!” because this has nothing to do with twilight OR the release date changes. not getting at you but just a bit confused… anyway..

go HP! :D

Avatar Image says:

ah – my comment above this was directed at CNY.

Avatar Image says:

errr, isn’t HP an American movie, not European…?

@ Campusanis

What, you didn’t think Europe made movies then either? ;-)

Avatar Image says:

Emmy, I’m from Europe myself, so I was fairly sure about that. :P It’s just, “European Film Awards” sounds like a big deal. The equivalent of the oscars or something and I’ve never heard of it.

Avatar Image says:

Actually Half-Blood Prince was moved before Twilight. Anyway I love OOTP but The Orphanage should definetly win this it was fantastic

Avatar Image says:

I loved Ootp and it ceratinly is the best of those films, closely folowed by the Orphanage which scared the bejesus out of me! I hated Atonement. It’s great Order is getting nominated over a year after its release. It seems to have been given more nods than any other Potter film.

Avatar Image says:

Congrats 2 dan, emma, rupert, evanna, bonnie, matt, katie and da rest u guys deserve it!! We luv u. U lot hve really created a timeless HP film CONGRATULATIONS!! (BTW 2 emmy who posted on Ausgust 30th HP is a brittish movie not American)

Write a Reply or Comment