New Scans from 2009 HBP Calendar Include Attack on Burrow

112

Sep 01, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

New photos from the 2009 “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” calendar surfaced online today, and include this new look at the attack on the Burrow. The scene, which has been confirmed previously by the producers of the film, shows Arthur Weasley (Mark Williams), Remus Lupin (David Thewlis) and Harry (Dan Radcliffe), with a burning building and fire all around. Also of interest is this new photo of Draco (Tom Felton) and Bellatrix (Helena Bonham Carter), with the words “Unbreakable Vow” written in the corner and some buildings behind them, possibly Spinner’s End.

Additional new photos include a look at the staff of Hogwarts, including Hagrid (Robbie Coltrane), Snape (Alan Rickman) and Professor McGonagall (Dame Maggie Smith) along with Professor Dumbledore (Michael Gambon) who features in several other photos, including this one with what looks to be the ring that is the Horcrux, this with Harry and the cave in the background, and another with Harry and some vials for the Pensieve.

Actor Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy is featured in several other photos in this new calendar, including one with Snape here, one with Filch (David Bradley) here, and a photo where he is holding a bird. Finally, you can see the back of the calendar, and UPDATE: More scans are now available, with Harry and Ginny here, and a new photo of Lovelorn Ron, here. Also new are looks at Remus Lupin, and another of Ron Weasley.

Thanks much to UHP for mailing!

86 Responses to New Scans from 2009 HBP Calendar Include Attack on Burrow

Avatar Image says:

New pics! Thats always a good thing. Thanks guys!

Avatar Image says:

Wow, I’m astonished with the lack of Hermione! Is it me or does many of the images seem like recycled photos from OOTP?

Avatar Image says:

Well, I dunno….my enthusiasm is starting to wane. A picture here or there….ho hum. I’m a dyed in the wool Potter fan, and have been for years, but when I stop to think of the time between now and next July, I grow weary, and I’m starting to lose interest. And if that happens to a Potter fan, what about the uncommitted audience…..........

Not sure the call by Warner Bros. makes much sense, to be honest.

Avatar Image says:

I hope Noble Collection makes the diary!

Avatar Image says:

The only recycled pics seem to be the ones of Snape. OTOH, I’m thrilled by both Draco pics :D

Avatar Image says:

What the hell is Draco doing holding a bird? I hope it´s not anything cheesy

Avatar Image says:

@Abby-no,its not just you. all these pics are really badly photoshoped. please-Snape is from PS.and they are all really bad. but Burrow attack looks cool.

Avatar Image says:

Good pictures. I hope we get a hole bunch of pictures with hermione on them. I’m starting to think that she is not going to in the film as much as she was in the last five films. The one picture with loverlorn ron and the picture with ginny and harry I hope those are new pictures. I like them all. Espically the burrow one. Why isn’t Arthur running?

Avatar Image says:

Is that the Room of Requirement in the background in the picture of Malfoy and Snape?

Avatar Image says:

Um. Wow. I adore Draco, but color me unimpressed by the photos in this calendar. O_o

Avatar Image says:

Seems like the only HBP we’re getting is pimping for products to buy. Not impressed, WB.

Avatar Image says:

still bitter about the lack of Hermione…

Avatar Image says:

Why are all of the pics of Snape old? I mean shouldn’t he have a more prominent role being that the film is HBP?!! What gives?

Avatar Image says:

Need Lucius pics in these calenders!

Avatar Image says:

now i haven’t read the books since the last one came out cos am trying my best to forget them so i can enjoy them all over again… but the burrow doesn’t get attacked untill deathly hallows…. the wedding. so why is it in this scene? it looks more to me like hagrids hut…. and if it IS th burrow then why is it in the HBP calender? as dumbledore would say… nit wits…. :P

Avatar Image says:

Bet emma’s not in a lot of the promo pictures because her people requested a bigger piece of the pie. Or ia better reason, say if she did snag a Chanel contract or some other one (she did sign up with that modelling company Storm)- say she’s not allowed to let her face be used in merchandising when it may conflict with what some other company ie Chanel desires? Can’t sell perfume while selling toys, you know what i mean?

Regarding that comment about the merchandising, well what SERIOUSLY do you expect when the movie was supposed to come out in a few months? Of course most of the merchandising deals are going to continue, you can’t sell a 2009 calendar when that year is half over. At least we have the pictures on the merchandise. Unfortunately it may give a lot of the movie away, not that that isn’t already happening with all those script leaks.

Avatar Image says:

...why is Draco holding a bird…?

Avatar Image says:

Seriously, WHO the HECK is photoshopping these? Some of them suck so terribly bad. Dumbledore’s face looks horrible in most of these. And wtf is with them recycling snape pictures??? What is wrong with these people that they can’t hire a decent photoshopper?? I wouldnt buy this nor would I take it if it was offered to me free. Its terrible work.

Avatar Image says:

Totally not impressed. It’s disappointing that Hermione isn’t getting her due, but I think it has more to do with Emma than with WB. Also, yeah. These are just bad photoshops.

Avatar Image says:

If these are real, PLEASE don’t tell me that Draco is holding a bird to show his sensitive side…how cheesier can you get?

And doesn’t “Spinner’s End” in the background of the Bellatrix/Draco photo look just like the factory from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

Avatar Image says:

I agree with so many who’ve said the photoshopping is bad. The entire graphic design and layout is horrible. On another note… I’m curious how Tom Riddle’s Diary will be suddenly back in Dumbledore’s office (assuming the presence of the book in the photos means it will make a reappearance in the film – which may not be true)? Last we saw the book in the movies Harry gives it to Lucius at the end of CoS. I’m also really curious about the backgrounds on several, and the “DM” logo/symbol on Draco/Bellatrix picture. Is DM Draco’s personal logo/signet/symbol? Seems as cheesy as the DA “logo” they came up with for OotP (and which was mass-produced on everything from keychains to t-shirts). Warner really needs to stop focusing so much on merchandising their films and just make good films (and put them in the dang theaters when they originally planned to).

Avatar Image says:

I’m glad there’s a Ginny/Harry page, they look cute. There’s a bigger image of their page at hbpmoviepics on livejournal.

But do you think Draco or Dumbledore could have given a page to Hermione? They have like 4 or 5 each and she doesn’t have one at all.

Avatar Image says:

Okay…I’m not really one to post on here…but the meandering, pointless comments from previous entrants, seems to baffle me…

Most of you do realize that this a French calendar, right? That does not necessarily mean that it is the official one coming from Warner Bros. Common sense would lead you to believe that someone else had produced this calendar and did a poor job of doing it but are attempting to capitalize on the HP mania that continues to grip the majority of the world.

I work in the entertainment industry and I understand their reasons for moving the movie (I don’t say I like it any more than the next person), but I understand the reason. Why not capitalize on a time that is in desperate need of a huge blockbuster? And just because one ship in the fleet veers off course, doesn’t mean the entire fleet is required to do so.

Marketing is just that, marketing. We’ve seen in the past with the marketing for the books occurring a year or two before they were even finished being edited, yet, we still gobbled it all up. Why now do you complain?

I agree with the fact that they are poor quality photos and dislike the lack of specific characters that people really like. I, for one, do believe that it should include Harry (since it is about him) in most of the photos and that Dumbledore should be featured more prominently simply because of the ending of the book is so significant. But you complain about no Hermione…even though we are all meant to hate him, how come no one is complaining about no Lord Voldemort? I would love to see perhaps, October taken over by the four Voldemorts that are supposed to be in the films (Ralph, Hero, and the two teenager versions) that shows his progression into madness. Or perhaps the scene that gripped us all the most from reading the book, the funeral (of course, they are saving that for when the movie comes out…same reason they didn’t show us what Voldemort looked like in any of the promotional material for Goblet of Fire).

The Burrow scene doesn’t make any sense because even in Deathly Hallows we didn’t see the Burrow get attacked (the trio disapparated to Tottenham Court Road remember). Doesn’t that therefore lead you to believe that this isn’t officially from WB in the US who own the rights to all HP merchandise, etc?

Calm down people…I admire the enthusiasm, and I share it, but seriously…use some common sense.

Avatar Image says:

off topic, but you all might want to catch Entertainment Tonight, they just showed Dan’s new Details cover and photoshoot! He looks like a freaky- well, his hair lol! in one of the shots i saw!

Avatar Image says:

yesi agree the photoshoping is not good, as for dumbledore’s appearance, we must remember by the start of HBP he is dying from The curse on the ring that holds the reserection stone so he isn’t going to look as fit as he did in previous movies. I also have to wonder if letiing all these pics get out is WB’s way of trying to plcate the hp fan’s for moving the release date. i am still not pleased and i am holding to my personal boycott of all things WB but i am less agry at them then i used to be

Avatar Image says:

@Nathan, if you read back a bit you’d see that the Burrow being attacked is a new scene added to the HBP movie. The news about that came out months and months ago.

As for why people are still upset about the movie date change, you really cannot compare that to the books. We never had a book release date that was then yanked and moved back. Once the release date was set, that was it and each book came out on their intended dates. It’s not the same.

I don’t care if this is a French calendar or what, don’t the French people deserve a good quality calendar too? These pics are just bad, whatever country/language they are intended for.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, okay, so the pictures were kind of boring, though, personally, I thought it was awesome to get to see the statued winged boars at Hogwarts, Spinner’s End (possibly), the Burrow (run, Harry, run!!), and the cave (SQUEEE!). My favourite, however, is most certainly Draco and his adorable little chocolate birdie. It is very obvious (if I may say so myself) that, what with Cissy being all upset with Lucius away, he did not receive the usual amount of Easter chocolate this year, and I believe he is in the right to mourn – I mean, what a pathetic little bird! And no dark chocolate – his favourite!! I can’t believe Narcissa could be so negligent, especially with everything else her son is going through.

Avatar Image says:

I want more pics. No, I NEED MORE PICS! We’ll be forever getting anything offical out of WB. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the editing room! I CAN’T STAND IT! I WANT HBP!

Avatar Image says:

Why do these calendar pictures seem so… uh… not good ? I wonder whats up with that?

Oh well, at least its some pics :]

Avatar Image says:

Are you guys crazy?! These photos are bitchin! Look! In one of the ones of Dumbledore and Harry you can see them in the cave in one corner, but then in the other corner you can see their tiny figures on the beach with thundering waves near the cave and in the background is a HUGE cliff face!

Then in the one of Draco and Snape you can see the Vanishing cabinet in the Room of Requirement. Also the book next to the Marvolo Gaunt’s ring(which look’s beautiful by the way) is none other than Tom Riddle’s diary with a huge hole in it! Look like we may see it again in HBP. Everyone looks badass in the burrow attack picture.

Avatar Image says:

perhaps the bird is a messenger bird ot malfoy will …well, lets just say i feel sorry for the bird!

Avatar Image says:

can’t see what all the negative fuss is about! The calendar looks as good as ever. The costumes of the teachers haven’t changed in any of the films, so the pictures are bound to look as if they’vre from any of the films! As for losing interest in the film…well, once the promotion for July start to kick in, i bet you’ll be there. Having gone through the inital anger towards WB about the change of dates, isn’t it time to just now accept it and start the long count down to next july. I’m peeved at WB not Harry.

Avatar Image says:

the burrow doesnt get attacked in the HBP… newbs

Avatar Image says:

@jain. I beg to differ with you about the teacher’s clothes. McGonagall hasn’t worn those emerald over robes or the round brooch since the second movie (Chamber of Secrets). Her costume was changed in Prisoner of Azkaban, and not for the better. I really liked the older costume. Therefore the pic of McGonagall in the caledar dates back to the first or second movie. I can’t say for sure about Snape or Hagrid.

Kay

Avatar Image says:

Actually, Joe—in the HBP film the Burrow DOES get attacked. It’s to show that LV is gaining power and that “nowhere is safe.” This was approved by JKR.

As far as the calendar images are concerned—they look pretty good to me. They are, as nearly all of the previous calendars have been, a mixture of older and newer images.

Love the Spinner’s End shot—just as bleak and forlorn as Jo descibed it!

Avatar Image says:

Love the Spinner’s End shot—just as bleak and forlorn as Jo described it!

Avatar Image says:

Is too polite to point out in incorrectness of joe’s comment

Avatar Image says:

Sorry about the double post—ruddy slow browser!

Avatar Image says:

(Draco to the bird): sniffsniff You’re my only friend…sob

Yeah sorry, I couldn’t help it. Actually, at first my thoughts immediately went to DH and the white peacocks…you know, maybe he was holding a baby peacock, lol, but…..yeah, I hope it isn’t stupid whatever they’re doing with it. Anyway, great pics! .

Avatar Image says:

Perhaps Draco’s turning the little bird into a rock. Are we all happy now that he’s not sensitive?

Avatar Image says:

Old pics of Snape? No Hermione? Add to that the cheesy composition and lamentable photoshopping and I have to say, no thanks.

Oh, and Mark is right, there was no attack on the Burrow in HBP, so why include it in the HBP calendar? Unless they’ve made up a scene wholecloth for the movie? I really hope that’s not the case.

Avatar Image says:

Please don’t think I am stupid… I have reread HBP multiple times, but can’t remember when there was an attack on the Burrow… can anybody tell me?

Avatar Image says:

It’s a shame that so many people posting here don’t read the previous comments—otherwise you would know that there has, indeed, been an added attack on the Burrow scene, approved by JKR, to point up the issue of “world-wide peril” as Voldemort gains power.

sighs

Avatar Image says:

WHERE THE HELL IS HERMIONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL NOT SETTLE FOR THIS , I WANT TO SEE HERMIONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it’s like i’ve seen everybody but her !!

Avatar Image says:

I think the bird might (possibly) be used by Draco to test the vanishing cabinet – the portal between Borgin and Burkes and Hogwarts. Perhaps he wants to send something living through to test it? Personally (although I’m annoyed by the delay), I think this could be the best one yet. Surely knowing the ending of the entire series will have given the filmakers more direction? Let’s hope :-)

Avatar Image says:

i know i’ll get all ‘booed’ but i still feel like:yeah whatever,another bunch of bad photoshopped calendar pics..gerat X_X i mean,if we’d be getting highdef pics at least…

Avatar Image says:

it looks like the birds Hermione set on Ron, wonder if that scene is in the movie too. @ Nige: could be the most logical explanation, which means there is another scene added that is not in the book and with this lot of footage it may be possible that the personal drama Draco went through in the 6th year is deepened in comparison what we see of it in canon. Lets hope they gave Tom Felton a substantial payraise for it.

On the whole I am not that upset by the fact that Hermione is getting so little footage in the pictures, as a character she really was at her weakest in HBP, it almost looked as if three years of character development were skipped and she tumbled bac to the level of CoS.

Avatar Image says:

headdesk There is a whole new added Burrow attack scene in the HBP movie. This is why it is the calendar. headdesk

I’m not overly moved by the photos but haven’t the energy to dump all over them like others have. Although if it’s a French calendar why does it say Atack at the Burrow in English … I know what Draco’s doing with the bird – he’s squeezing it. Definitley. evil madness look

Avatar Image says:

“Oh my god,where’s Hermione?where’s Hermione?”. Please guys stop, you’re giving me an headache. I suggest reading the Entertainment Weekly article ; Emma Watson clearly states she has an even bigger role than she anticipated after reading the book.

Avatar Image says:

Let’s be honest, the majority of the Harry Potter movie products involve extremely bad photoshopping. I worked at a book store for three years, through a couple of the book and movie releases and we were always flooded with ho-hum products. I’m a die-hard fan but the merch is, not always, but typically disappointing. I went into a used bookstore a couple of weeks ago and found an HP poster book. They had photoshopped Daniel’s blue eyes to try to make them look green, but they were practically neon! Awful!

My boyfriend is a professional sculptor, and neither one of us can handle the terrible action figures that keep coming out either. They’re just as bad. It’s sad thing.

Avatar Image says:

Enough people with the “there was no attack at the burrow in the book” We all know this but as it has been said hundreds and hundreds of times already-.There will be an attach in the MOVIE because they need to show LV getting stronger and they came up with this attach which JKR approved. Get over it yes we all know it was not in the BOOK but it will be in the movie so they will use it for promotions.

Avatar Image says:

I like the ones from the US 2009 calendar, which I believe are only the first two, attack on the burrow and Bella and Draco. The french can have theirs they do look recycled and photoshoped. By the way you can tell when you see the pictures, it says above whether its for the french calender or not. The attack on the burrow pic and the Bella and Draco one said nothing about being part of the French one. Draco must be a stand in for his mother on that one pic though, it would’ve been nice to see Narcissa in it. And yes I know its still not until next July but I think we can be adults about it now, and move on. We all are going to see it we know that.

Avatar Image says:

Do we know anything more about this ‘Attack on the Burrow’ scene?

Obviously, it’s new but do we know when it’s supposed to happen?

Avatar Image says:

I’m a little confused. When was the attack on the Burrow in book 6??

Avatar Image says:

I think I remember seeing the same snape picture in PS movie poster…...

Avatar Image says:

Some of those staff pictures are previously released shots from HP1 and HP3!! The Snape ones in particular.

Avatar Image says:

love all the Draco pictures.. SQUEE!!

Avatar Image says:

draco looks like hes gonna stuff the bird in his mouth. maybe its actually a peep? :D to be honest, at this point im thrilled that we actually have something. guys, the movie is comming out in 317 days. yes, the pictures werent the best quality, but im stunned that we have ANYTHING! and the lack of hermione is a little odd. but my guess is that in this book/movie, shes not directly invloved in the main plot line—the investigating volders thing. shes gonna be in the movie a ton, but not in the pictures and stuff. but then why is ron there? hmm.. glad some h/g goodness though? and wtf was filch doing there clutching…chains? was it? creep? im thrilled we have something

Avatar Image says:

Why are they re hashing old pics of professor snape? I hate to say I’m tired of seeing the same ones used over and over again from the beginning of the first movies. You can’t tell me they have NO new ones from this movie! I can see those same ones in any old calendar or Potter site out there. why waste my money…

Avatar Image says:

am sorry but is hermione not gonna b in this movie or watt?!??

The Burrow attack scene:

Harry spends his X-mas holidays at the Burrow. Everyone’s there…Arthur,Molly,Tonks,Lupin,Ron,Ginny,Fred,George. Everyone except Hermione who doesn’t speak to Ron. On a night, a fireball crashes the reeds and cornfields surrounding the Burrow house and everyone’s panicked. The house is suddenly set on fire and Bellatrix and Fenrir Greyback wreak havoc. The Order battles some ‘fire snakes’ and Bellatrix lures Harry in the reeds. Bellatrix and Greyback try to trap Harry but he manages to escape due to Ginny’s help. The Death Eaters fly away when the rest of the Order arrives at this place in the marshes and the scene ends.

It’s something like that from what we’ve learnt. In the teaser trailer, you’d see Harry running in cornfields, Ginny with her bathrobe being disarmed and Greyback looking at the fields. These action scenes are from this new battle sequence. It’s set in the middle of the film just to show that the Death Eaters don’t only destroy bridges and kill people but they actually attack the people whom Harry loves. This scene was originally written by Jo Rowling for the BOOK but she decided to cut it out.

So that’s it.

Now, about the pics. I’m actually worried that there’s no Hermione but I stay positive since Emma Watson said that even though she expected a smaller role, her role in the film is the most interesting she had in the entire series. This is positive,indeed. There’s a huge promotion of Dumbledore,Draco,Ron,Ginny and Lavender, from what we’ve seen all these months. I love the pic at the Cave, I also love the pic outside the gates, the pic in the Room of Requirement, Spinner’s End…all seems nice. The photoshop is pretty bad, yeah.

I simply can’t wait for the climax. The outside pic of Dumbledore and Harry at the edge of a rock next to the waves, the incredible firestorm scene in the trailer and the new promotion of the Gates,Astronomy Tower show that this climax will be pretty much what we deserve to see and enjoy. Hooray for Snape and his pivotal moments!

P.S.Dumbledore’s Funeral is CUT. Some of you seem not to know this but yes. The scene is removed to Deathly Hallows Part One’s beginning.

Avatar Image says:

are you kitting men?? what do you say now???? I dont believe you

Go to IMDb.

Also read Tena’s interview in May She confirmed this.

Sorry.I felt the same way in the beginning.

Avatar Image says:

Is it just me or is WB loosing its touch along with their senses?

First they spend forever getting out promo pictures and one stinkin’ trailer, but now we have to wait like ten freakin’ months for this movie to come out. Which quite frankly doesn’t even seem worth the longer wait. Plus it makes no sense at all why they even changed it. They’re not redoing any scenes or anything. It’s just going to be the same movie in July as if would have been in November.

And plus so much has been edited out and some other crap written in. I mean, what’s with no Dumbledore’s funeral or Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour? And what about Tonks and Lupin?! I was really looking forward to the hospital scene at Saint Mungo’s when Tonks was begging Lupin to be with her. But, now that doesn’t even exist. And what’s this about Mr. Weasley possibly attacked by Greyback instead of Bill?! Do they have something against Arthur Weasley. I mean first J.K. Rowling wasn’t going to let Mr. Weasley live through the Nagini attack and now he narrowly escapes death again from Greyback?!

And what’s with this Burrow scene? That doesn’t happen until Deathly Hallows, and even then the Death Eaters don’ set the place ablaze, they just attack the guests and try to get Harry.

But, I must admit, Remus Lupin (David Thewlis) looks pretty good in this one. I mean in OotP he looked too rough, because David didn’t shave his beard thing that he had. And in POA he looks so young. And he also looks really unhealthy, because he’s really thin, but he looks really good here and in some of the other promo pics!!

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m mostly disappointed about the lack of Tonks in this one. ONE SCENE! Are they crazy? Apparently so. And what’s with her hair? The filmakers said that she and Lupin were a couple. And in the book her hair was brown because he wouldn’t be with her, but now he’s with her, but her hair is still brown and all depressed looking!

And Narcissa, she looks like a freakin’ skunk for cryin’ out loud. Isn’t she supposed to have long blond hair and not this little doo that they stuck her with; having the top of her head be brown and there’s a streak going down the back of her head, too. And it’s so obviously that it’s a wig, if you ask me. Alan Rickman’s got a wig on and he looks so much more realistic than Helen McCory does.

And Steve Kloves was thinking about not enhancing Tonks and Lupin’s relationship any further. I hope that they get married and little Teddy’s in there too. Oh, and I hope he’s in the epilouge if WB’ll keep him. And since there’s not going to be a Victorie, let him snog some other random chick! lol

No, but seriously, what gives with these decisions? And no Hermione in this movie. I mean yeah she’s in it, but not much. And you’d think that they’d have a lot more new Snape pictures than the one or two that I’ve seen. I mean this movie is called “The Half-Blood-Prince” and he is the Half-Blood Prince, for goodness sake’s!

But, anyway I’m still planning on seeing the movie and it can’t be that bad. They’ll make it work even if it sounds bad right now.

On a more positive note, I like the calendar shot of David Thewlis and Natalia Tena as out favorite werwolf and Metamorphagus!! I just wish that they were in it more. But, hey, what can ya do? shrug

And oh, yeah what’s with this Nigel kid in OotP? He completely replaced Colin Creevey. So, does that mean that Nigel will die instead of Colin in DH? And what about Dobby?! He hasn’t been in the movies at all since CoS.

And also I read somewhere that Harry (Dan) was going to be completely nude in King’s Cross and they’re gonna show it! And also on his way to his death in the the forest he’s gonna be accompanied by his parents, Sirius, and others! What others? If Lupin’s others than, why not just say Remus Lupin. I mean, honestly, if you’re a true Harry Potter fan then of course you’ve read the last one already, so it’s not like they didn’t want to spoil the ending, right?

But, if ‘others’ means Tonks, than hey I’m okay with that. Because poor Tonks got a lot of flack about leaving Teddy motherless when Remus left him fatherless, and no one bothered to name a kid after her either. Yeah, sure Nymphadora is a hard name to put with someone, but Ginny could have had at least a say in what to name her and Harry’s kids!

Whew Well, I’m finally done complaining, now. ‘Bout time, huh? lol. Anyway, I’ll be awaiting the release in July along with many others, but in the meantime I’ll go and enjoy “Twilight” in November. cackles evily

Bye, ya’ll!!

Avatar Image says:

NO!!!!!! What are you talking about?!

No way is Dumbledore’s funeral moved to Deathly Hallows part 1. OH MY GOSH! WB SUCKS!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Is it just me or does Snape look like Darth Vader in that pose?

Avatar Image says:

It cracks me up how everyone is worried about Hermione….as for me…I couldn’t care less about her.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, I agree. Some of them are getting cheesier and cheesier. Photoshoped to death, too bad. I like the one of the Burrow under attack. I LOVE that Harry is the one leading the Order, cool.

Avatar Image says:

Attack on the Burrow???? When does that happen in HBP Book???? Here they go agian—adding things not found in the books; then, cutting out important stuff.

Avatar Image says:

The added scene was approved by JK Rowling. This has been said at least three times in these comments and is MONTHS old news. I am looking forward to the new scene.

Avatar Image says:

Okay, I’m just going to add my two cents here…

I’ve heard a lot of people moaning and groaning about the changes that are inevitably made to the Potter stories when they are adapted from book form into movie form. Some people don’t understand why the films can’t just follow the books exactly, why they can’t include all the quirky little details that make reading the books compelling? And I’ll say this in reply…I have never, ever, seen an adaptation from one medium into another stay perfectly intact. Never. It’s just something that is done, not out of malice or spite, but because a visual medium works differently than a text medium. Scenes that tend to repeat the same motif or theme are usually collapses into one scene that does the same job…extraneous characters that may be interesting and fun but don’t necessarily carry the plot of the story on their shoulders will most likely be cut. Why then, you might say, do they cut valuable scenes and replace them with new ones? Because those new scenes are often serving the same purpose. Let’s say you have to cut a number of scenes in HBP, including the beginning scene with the Muggle Prime Minister, the scene with Bill at the end all scarred and bloodied, the various moments where Harry is pining for Ginny. Let’s say you have to cut a number of these scenes for times sake, not because they aren’t interesting, but you still want to convey the plot points of these scenes, which are that the Wizarding World is getting more dangerous, that werewolves have taken up with the villains, that Harry has gone from feeling protective of Ginny to falling in love with her. Instead of showing 5 minutes for each of those scenes, you write a new scene which, although not in the book, conveys all of these plot points at once. You succeed in keeping the plot thread of the film intact, but save maybe 10 to 15 minutes of screen time. It isn’t a betrayal of the plot to add scenes this way, it’s a way of preserving them, and also making them interesting to both a new viewer and the old jaded viewers, who are treated with a new scene…like a missing chapter of the book. If any of you have read Lord of the Rings, and then viewed the movies, you will see that Peter Jackson not only took huge liberties with the plot and the chronology of the story, but also redefined characters and their personalities for the sake of the film. Sometimes this means simplifying a complicated plot device, sometimes this means expanding upon a simple plot device…whatever it takes to make the movie work as a movie, and not simply a visual rehash of the book.

As to the bird being held in Draco’s hands, I agree with some earlier posters that this is most likely one of the little yellow birds Hermione summons up to attack Ron after she catches him making out with Lavender (at Slughorn’s Christmas party, I think). Draco most likely catches one of the birds who strays too far from the rest. What he is doing with it is debatable…there are a number of possibilities. He could actually be holding it gently, showing care for an innocent thing in a way we’ve never seen Draco do before, partly because he is feeling guilty and confused about his mission of murder. He could use it, like another poster said, to test the Vanishing Cabinet. Or, if the movies continue to take a darker turn, he could actually murder the poor little thing, crushing it or snapping its neck off camera, but with the audience able to tell what he did. You could actually put something like that in a PG-13 film, but it might make some Draco fans finally turn against the character.

Avatar Image says:

WTF is hermione and why only old pics and all??Others are nice though!

Avatar Image says:

I’ve seen Hermione pics, so why am I complaining about not seeing Hermione pics?

Avatar Image says:

...are these Legitimate? *Draco and Snape > the image of Snape is taken from Philosophers Stone *Draco and Bellatrix > it’s the OotP version of Bella – all the images of her for HBP have shown her with tightly curled hair and a different dress to what she wore in OotP. WAY too many past film ripoffs. They’re fakes.

Avatar Image says:

As far as I know there was not an attack in the burrow in the Half-blood prince book, and I’d remember it…. so why is it in the Half-blood prince calander and the film? only attack there is from the seventh book, Deathly Hallows, at the wedding….

Avatar Image says:

Correct me if I am wrong…

Avatar Image says:

though… prove it with the text of it happening from the book and I will eat my hat

Avatar Image says:

i think that some of the pics added are about the first films. i mean, if you remember the poster of PS there are mcgonagall and snape in the same positions.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks John – I had an inkling that what you said would be the case (re: The Burrow Attack).

It’s good to know that Jo had it in mind for the book – which means if she had originally intended it for the book then it should mesh reasonably well, without feeling stuck in.

Plus, it answers the age old question I’ve had for years – why didn’t Voldemort attack the Burrow all along and try to get Harry or at least hit him where it hurts.

I don’t really mind the funeral being moved to the next movie – I personally feel that book 6 & 7 are one big book anyway.

Avatar Image says:

Laughing man: I understood that Harry is protected against V. while he can call the Dursleys house home. So even if he IS at the Burrow, V. should not be able to touch Harry there. Or do I miss something.

For me the important thing is, what Jo actually wrote in her books, not what she would put in (remember CoS where she cut out a chunk to put it into HBP) so in film this should be respected.

Anyway, my boycott against all WB things is on, and seeing this bad material with much more power.

Avatar Image says:

bellatrix looks hot – in a non lesbian way – and i am so not afraid to say it, she so does! hagrid is so cute, i want a hagrid! (in an “aaawww” kind of way not a “he’s cute ;) :P” kind of way LOL!) and in the one of filch scares me! lol

Avatar Image says:

john, thanks for that comment post, glad to know they’re not altogether cutting dumbledore’s funeral, however it’s going to be such a sad start to DH. &critterfur i don’t have time to read your entire comment right now but you have some great points. totally agree with you on everyone complaining it’s not exactly the same as the book. and about conveying many points by putting in the burrow scene. you talk a lot of sence.

Avatar Image says:

Cool! Can’t wait for the movie to come out!

Avatar Image says:

i think narcissa looks awesome. if you don’t agree, you’re wrong. haha, just kidding. but someone needed to make a positive comment.

Avatar Image says:

Love all the awesome pics of Draco!! So Hott!! Thanks for the great new pics altho a couple wouldnt work on my computer for some reason!! I may have to go and order this calender now!! Again Thanks!!

Avatar Image says:

...Spinner’s End was supposed to be in the rural-suburbs IN THE WOODS.

Where the hell do they think that fox that Bella killed came from!?

Write a Reply or Comment