Rupert Grint Cast in “Wild Target”

286

Sep 05, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) has been cast in a new film entitled “Wild Target” which will also star actor Bill Nighy and Harry Potter co-star Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange). Our Order partner RupertGrint.net is reporting today the comedy/drama is based on the 1993 French film called “Cible Emouvante,” and will possibly film around “London and the Isle of Man” in the UK. Filming, according to our Order partner, is slated to being on September 16th. A brief synopsis of the upcoming film has also now been released and reads:

This dark comedy has a middle-aged hitman Victor Meynard (played by Bill Nighy) go on his last hit job before he retires. He ends up running into a delivery boy, Antoine (Rupert Grint). Unable to kill the adolescent, Meynard adopts him as his apprentice, in spite of Antoine’s evident lack of enthusiasm for his new career. They are hired by a Corsican gangster to kill a con artist Renée Dandrieux (Helena Bonham Carter). Again, Meynard’s luck is against him, and when he fails to kill Renée, with Antoine’s help, the Corsican gangster sends another hitman to kill all three of them.”

Readers will remember that recently Mr. Grint was cast in a new film, “Cherrybomb,” which wrapped production this past August in Ireland. More information on this film is expected in the coming weeks and we will update you when further information is available.

Thanks to RupertGrint.net!

52 Responses to Rupert Grint Cast in “Wild Target”

Avatar Image says:

Go rupert!!!!! First? Yes!!!

sounds coolio

Avatar Image says:

why is Bill Nighy ‘legendary?

GO RUPERTTTT! (=

Avatar Image says:

sounds a bit like the movie natalie portman was in when she was little with gary oldman.

Avatar Image says:

Jain…it’s because he’s feckin’ awesome.

From the early sypnosis the other day, I thought Rupert would be a keen apprentice. It’s going it make it all the more fun to watch if his character is really not wanting to be doing it.

Avatar Image says:

Paper deilievery boy no way?!..... Thats Lame. :C Me again 2nd ya ya!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Well done, Rupert! So proud of you :)

He’s doing better than Emma, and she get’s all the awards. lol doesn’t make sense..

Avatar Image says:

Rupert is doing great things right now!

Avatar Image says:

awesome, total score. if this and cherrybomb come out during our wait for HBP, i will be a happy man.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Natalie, no sense…

o well,but this is so cool. HBP,Cherry bomb and Wild target-and all that in just one and a half year. thats really awesome. he’s a great actor and I feel really proud:)

and its so cool that me and many others suport our HP trio as actors and their other projects.

haters to the left….

I’m so glad he’s doing so much more. First cherrybomb, then this! And both have huge stars in them! Ones and Indie, one manistream! Ones a violent drama, one a comedy! He is proving he is diverse, highly skilled, highly sought after, and not just Ron Weasley.

Most of us knew that long before this though. But there are so many on here who constantly belittle the Rupert fans, that I needed to gloat a little.

He will be one of the best actors of our generation, hands down.

Avatar Image says:

I think Rupert is a very good actor whose talent is grossly underused in the HP films. It’s really nice to see him doing other projects. Go Rupert!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Congrats, Rupert! You are on fire!! I can’t wait to see all of the new things he’s doing outside of HP. I really think people are going to start taking alot more notice of him in months to come. And he deserves it!

Avatar Image says:

This sounds hilarious :P Cast looks amazing! Will definitely drag someone to see this with me ;)

Avatar Image says:

I never have been able to understand why some people relish the fact that Rupert has been slighted in the HP world. As a fan of all things HP and a fan of the trio themselves I get excited when any of them are doing anything outside of HP.

As for Rupert, well done. I am especially proud because it is Rupert …because he has graciously and humbley taken a backseat to Dan and Emma in the limelight over the last few years. I really believe that 2009 will be his time to shine, and I hope all my fellow HP fans will welcome him and be proud of this new level of stardom he no doubt will achieve!

I’m so proud!!

Avatar Image says:

WOOOOHOOO, I am so glad he’s going onto different stuff…i love u rup.

Avatar Image says:

AAAAAHHHHHHH OMG YES YES YES!!!!!!! I WAS ALREADY SOOO EXCITED BECAUSE MY HELENA WAS CAST BUT NOW RUPERTS GOING TO BE IN IT TOO HOLY S**T!!! I CAN’T WAIT YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

This sounds awesome, nice job, Rupert :)

Avatar Image says:

I am so thrilled about this! I was really hoping Rupert would do another film between Cherrybomb and DH1, and it’s great that he’s doing one with such great actors. I’m very excited about him doing Cherrybomb too but I worried that, with him being arguably the only big name in it, it won’t give him the exposure he needs. But Bill Nighy, Helena Bonham Carter, AND Rupert Grint in one movie? This one has to get some attention, right?

This almost makes the HBP wait worth it (almost) if we get to see Rupert in three movies in one year! Jackpot! Anyway, kudos on keeping busy, Rupert, I just know you are going to be around for a long time! Keep up the good work, we’re all rooting for you! ;D

Avatar Image says:

It is also being directed by Jonathan Lynn who directed My Cousin Vinny and The Whole Nine Yards.

Emily Blunt might also be in it.

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations Rupert!! you finally posted the news, I’ve been waiting for hours, Rupert you are an awesome actor and I cannot wait for all your movies to come out, besides he is working with an amazing cast!! I’m so happy to say that Rupert is doing a career based on his talent and not on scandals and personal matters, WAY TO GO RUPES!!! YOU ROCK!!

Avatar Image says:

I knew Rupert would make it BIG time! All the HP movies, Thunderpants, Driving Lessons, Cherrybomb, and now this. Keep it up!

Avatar Image says:

@cat: I love Emily Blunt; she’s brilliant. And yay for Rupert. I can’t wait to see this and Cherrybomb. I’m sure he’ll be awesome in both.

I’m so glad he’s been getting more recognition lately with all the HBP products—half of those things seem to have his face on them. I’m think HBP might be a very Ron-friendly film. I hope it’s more of Book!Ron than Kloves!scaredy-cat-Ron.

Avatar Image says:

Lilo “scandals and personals matters”what do you mean??All the HP actors have a career based in their talents.Oh no!!other Rupert fan hater!!

Avatar Image says:

I really hope all these projects would be good for Rupert, and would provide the sutible atmosphere for his talent to blossom. Good luck Rupert, you’re very talented and deserve all the luck that coulp help demonstrate this talent to the whole world :)

Oh, and good thing that Leaky finally posted the news after it being around for a couple of days now. Well, I suppose better late than never!

Avatar Image says:

Sarah: I think they meant actors in general as far as that drugs and personal matters carry their career comment(notice no names were mentioned). Don’t go all defensive and assume because they’re a Rupert fan they’re bashing the others. Since this article is about Rupe, they’re commenting how nice it is he has a career based in talent compared to the others.

Avatar Image says:

I didn’t mean to write compared to the others.

compared to those constantly in the tabloids. I was distracted. Sick puppy.

Avatar Image says:

I hope Leaky can update with the news that Emily Blunt has just been cast in Wild Target as well. She was in hit movie “Devil Wears Prada” and is a Gloden Globe winner. She is absolutely STUNNING!!!

Avatar Image says:

matea : I so love your icon it makes me laugh everytime I see it posted here.

And great for Rupert it is good to see him making movies on his off time I hope they get released here in the US. Keep it up Rupert we love you!

Avatar Image says:

I hate that these movies arent released in the US

Avatar Image says:

it would be so funny that if rupert’s character doesn’t want to be billy’s apprentice!

and from what we read, WT is nothing like portman’s Leon:the professional. btw, i really like natalie portman! she’s pretty and she can actually act! and in various genre too! that’s what it takes to be a good actor!

Avatar Image says:

Yay!!! Amazing news although I knew about this like 2 days before. Rupert is such a great actor. I just know an oscar is in his future within the next ten years if he continues to keep a level head. Love him!!!

Avatar Image says:

From the different French movie synopsis, that’s what I’ve gathered.

He caught the hitman in the act, so I guess it’s become a killer too and get his hands dirty so he can’t tell, or be killed.

But, it’s a comedy, hehehehe..

Avatar Image says:

I watched Driving Lessons the other day and it was absolutely wonderful to see Rupert VERY distinctly in another character, far removed from Ron. He’s amazing at acting, I’m so glad he’s churning out some more projects!

I’m proud of Dan too, but for some reason I have a feeling that Rupert will really hit it big outside of Potter. :)

Avatar Image says:

Sarah: what I meant was exactly like Blink posted, I think is really nice to see a bunch of young actors like Dan and Rupert who are talented and their fame has nothing to do with them being on tabloids about getting drunk or using drugs, at least for me it is refreshing to see how they are professionals and seem to handle their private lifes, I admire them for having maturity at a young age, with that said, YAY for Rupert!! he is awesome, hopefully we’ll get some pics soon.

Avatar Image says:

w00t!!! I just hope I don’t have to wait for 2 years before I see this and Cherrybomb like I did with Driving Lessons

Rupert rocks!!

Avatar Image says:

Looks like Rupert won’t be the lead in thisfilm. Oh well, not everybody can be a leading man. I think Grint will be just fine playing supporting roles. The important thing is that he’s not out of a job. Got to build a track record before HP is over. Dan is already tailblazing in theater. Emma is slowly making a name for herself in fashion. and Yah… Rupert’s doing fine in indie films.

Avatar Image says:

Go, Rupert!! I’m glad to hear about this new project. Of course I knew about it for a couple of days already. ;)

2009 might really become Rupert’s year and he deserves a bit of spotlight. Finally.

@ Helen: I think Rupert doesn’t need to be the lead in a movie to make himself a name as an actor. Many famous actors and actresses started out in supporting roles before getting the lead roles. And many of them play both and are successful with it. Rupert will get lead roles, I have no doubt about it. But I guess it’s more important to him that he likes the script and the character he is supposed to play, so he likely doesn’t consider whether it is a lead or a supporting role. I see him do both in his career equally.

Being still so young and trying to spread his wings in various genres, I think it’s a wise decision for Rupert not to seek out lead roles but projects where he can learn from the great in the business :) I mean Bill Nighy and Helena Bonham-Carter are awesome.

Thanks for the Equus review helena123. I’m not sure what it has to do in a Rupert news comments, but I’m glad to hear Dan gets praise. I never doubted he would be fantastic in NY. :)

Avatar Image says:

Whatever, my favorite will always be Thunderpants.

Ahaha, go Rupert!

Avatar Image says:

‘Jain’ when you’ve been in as many successful movies and theatre shows/plays as bill nighy your classed as a legend. he’s already in 6 movies coming out/made in 2009, i don’t think he’ll ever have no work.

this sounds great! can’t wait, helena, bill and rupert are all awesome. and i wanna hear more about cherrybomb, sounds good anyway :P

it’s so weird how all the focus is always on daniel and emma, when i’m hearing rupert is doing alot, ronald is just as big a part of harry potter as hermione so it’s about time the light was shining on rupert!

i love hearing what everyone is doing away from hp :)

Avatar Image says:

As far as Rupert being the lead. He IS one of the leads.

According to the original French film, there is 3-4 main characters….

The Anal Retentive Hitman

His reluctant apprentice

The thief

And the hitman’s eccentric mother

So, it’s NOT as if he’s playing some bit part.

I am perfectly find with Rupert not being the main lead. I’ve always wanted to see Rupert in an esemble cast playing opposite strong actors.

So, this is all good for me!!!!!!

Heck, the Ocean’s movies have an esemble cast. So, there’s NOTHING wrong with not being the absolute focus of the movie. It’s all about creating a good character and in reading the reviews of the French version, the three leads. They are a unit and the reviews often mentioned their intereactions with each other. The apprentice and the thief messes up the hitmans orderly life. So, it’s a major part…..

Avatar Image says:

wow, that’s a great sounding film! Good for Rupert. This looks much more like my sort of film than Cherrybomb, one to actually get excited about going to see!

It looks like things are starting to move for him, and they need to before HP is over. My thinking is Rupert will make a great character actor and so it isn’t important whether he gets lead roles. In fact ,Jim Broadbent said that small character parts are often the best ones. It is sometimes a disadvantage to start a career in a lead role because people will always tend to cast the actor in lead roles, whether they suit him/her or not, or not at all.

Now I would just like to read that Matthew Lewis is getting projects and I will be happy. He’s another one who will make a great character actor.

Avatar Image says:

Hey, they’re filming it on my birthday!

The movie sounds cool: Go Rupert :)

And also a congratulations to Helena, too. She’s awesome!

Avatar Image says:

can’t wait to go see it. it’s good to see the harry potter cast branching out and doing other stuff.

harry potter’s great, but it’s even better when the actors are noticed anough to be in bigger roles.

and rupert’s been doing a lot lately! good for him! he makes a great ron, but ron isn’t a very broad character.

i wonder how rupert’s role is in cherrybomb, too.

Avatar Image says:

This movie looks great! I absolutely can’t wait to see it. Good for you, Rupert!

Avatar Image says:

@Brian: Ron is a broad character in the books…so maybe the movies will catch up.

And Rupert is a lead in Cherrybomb, and he was the leading man in driving lessons. And both of those movies are dramas. He wasn’t playing a bit part character.

He’s already proven he’s more than a character actor. I wish people would stop belittling his talent. It’s passive aggressive to hide it in praise, but I see it there.

Avatar Image says:

LOL!!! It’s curious, Charma, the exact same thing happened to me, too!! XD After reading the first plot summary, I thought that Rupert’s character would be eager to follow his teacher’s instructions, but now I’m picturing Rupert whining at Billy Naughy, and that’s even better!! XD

Avatar Image says:

YAY!!!! always so glad to have Rupert news!!!!

Avatar Image says:

LoL! Interesting how some of the Rupert naysayers had to work so hard to find something negative about this news, that Rupert didn’t have the lead in this film. Let’s see now…who hasn’t had the lead in the HP films? Alan Rickman, RIchard Harris, Imelda Staunton, Ralph Fiennes, Maggie Smith, Julie Walters, Julie Christie, Jim Broadbent, among others. Pity these actors were only capable of handling ‘bit’ parts, eh? Obviously they’ll never be leading role material.

Nice try, helen. But no dice.

Go Rupert! And in a dark comedy, no less. Sounds like this will be perfect for him, and I’m sure he’ll be amazing in the role no matter what.

Avatar Image says:

gary oldman always do supporting roles too! but who cares? he is AWESOME!!

so i really don’t see what a big deal it is if rupert doesn’t lead. he’s the main cast anyway. if he leads, great, if he’s a supporting role, just as great.

some people are funny and ignorant at the same time.

Avatar Image says:

Enzie, I completely agree with what you said. I couldn’t have put it better!! ;)

Write a Reply or Comment