Jason Isaacs Cameo as Lucius Malfoy in “Half-Blood Prince”

322

Sep 11, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Actor Jason Isaacs has given a new interview to MTV where he confirms he took part in a one day filming in his role as Lucius Malfoy for “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.” Jason says that as his character is off in Azkaban prison during the course of the HBP book, he did not think he would be in movie six (“It absolutely killed me” he said). However, now he has confirmed that “I’m not [really] in the film [but] I did one day. I went in for a day. “I’m a moving portrait on the wall.” character as Lucius appears as a moving portrait somewhere in the film. Reports of the recent test screenings of HBP which took place last week in Chicago, did not seem to be a mention of this detail, and we are uncertain where in the film his portrait might appear. As a reminder, earlier this year, Jason Isaacs confirmed his return as Lucius Malfoy for the final “Deathly Hallows” movies, which begin production next February.

On a related note, Jason continues work on his television series Brotherhood here in the States, and was recently at the Toronto Film Festival for the premiere of his new movie, “Good,” which also stars Viggo Mortensen. You can see multiple new photos of Jason at the TFF here in our image galleries.

28 Responses to Jason Isaacs Cameo as Lucius Malfoy in “Half-Blood Prince”

Avatar Image says:

I love Jason. Looking forward to his “Cameo” in HBP.

Avatar Image says:

Seeing as he is a moving portrait, perhaps the effect has yet to be added to test screenings.

Avatar Image says:

Great Jason, love him as Lucius! Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll have a great part in Deathly Hallows definitely!

Avatar Image says:

LOL – Too bad it isn’t a “Meanwhile, in Azkaban…” scene, featuring Lucius with a harmonica, as joked about on Pottercast aaaaaages ago.

This was obviously missed off the test screenings or it would have been mentioned. I actually wish I didn’t know now as it would have been a nice surprise, like Robert Pattinson was in OoTP.

Avatar Image says:

Yay, I Love Jason Isaacs! I Wonder where we’ll see this portrait? maybe the black sisters dont go to see Snape but instead call him to the Malfoy’s for the vow??? I love to speculate. I can’t wait for this film, it will be the death of me x-)

Avatar Image says:

SQUEE!!!! I love Jason Isaacs.. He makes a sexy Lucius.. My friends make fun of me for thinking that.. lol.. Can’t wait to see that cameo.. if it’s not there i’m making someone pay….

Avatar Image says:

I think Jason Isaccs is great as Lucius… i especially love the way his wand has a shieth!

Avatar Image says:

Thanks for the JasonWatch, Sue! It’s SO nice when the actors really seem to enjoy their roles. Hopefully he’ll get more screentime in DH 1 and 2!

Avatar Image says:

i <3 Jason Isaacs! and i love the fact that he really wanted to be in it. (like you said lucy)

Avatar Image says:

i <3 jason isaacs! he is so cool. and i love it that he really wanted to be in it, (like you said lucy)

Avatar Image says:

And Sue’s squeeees can be heard from 3000 miles away!!! :-)

Avatar Image says:

Cripes! Jason Isaac and Viggo Mortensen together? In one film? Seriously? Where will I put my drool cup?

Avatar Image says:

My guess is that his moving portrait is either in The Daily Prophet (behind bars) or in a portrait at Spinner’s End.

Avatar Image says:

“Too bad it isn’t a “Meanwhile, in Azkaban…” scene, featuring Lucius with a harmonica, as joked about on Pottercast aaaaaages ago” ~Alice

THAT was one of my favorite episodes EVER!! He’d still need the metal mug to bang against the bars singing “Nobody knows the trouble I’ve seen..” While that would be amazingly awesome, I bet the fandom (and a certain Hufflepuff in particular) are really excited!!

Avatar Image says:

I’m with you Mrs. de Mimsy-Porpington :-)

Avatar Image says:

I wonder how much he made in that one day shooting.

Very curious

Avatar Image says:

Yah, ‘carebbeanfan’! I could definately see him., behind bars, in the Daily Prophet. Fresh mugshot from Azcaban! Woohoo!

Avatar Image says:

seems to me ther’s going to be a lot of portriat business goin on

Avatar Image says:

Cool. That and we get to see his younger self somewhere to as mention early in the year. Of course they didnt mention all these little details in the review. There is too much little details to put in a review that would take forever. I still wonder if we will get a clip of Bellatrixs wanted poster in knockturn alley somewhere, or perhaps somewhere else in the movie. Lots of little things we have to keep our eyes open for. But with combined reviews I have read, I am very excited and happy with the outcome of this movie. I just hope they reconsider the no-funeral at the end. That would be such a pretty scene. I found out that Bella jumps on the tables at the Great Hall when she and the Death Eaters are being euphoric. Helenas so perfect as her. Cant wait to see Helen( Narcissa) as well, despite their wacky take on her characters hair. My thought on that is maybe for those who havent read the books or paid enough attention to the last movie when Luna said her mother died, maybe some Muggles would think that was her mother. She would (and did )look like a grown up Luna. Who knows? put that in Department of Mysteries along with Tonks’s hair , Slughorns weight loss and no- mustache, Dudley and Peatunia being brunettes. But we wont get into those lovely conversations.

Avatar Image says:

fyi: Yates has narrowed it down to two candidates for young Lily & three for Tuney for DH2 (not slightly older Lily, but, in the playground Lily)

Good… good…

Still holding out for Bill Nighy as Rufus Scrimgeour… :)

Avatar Image says:

I wonder if it’s the shot of him in Azkaban with the neck brace?

Avatar Image says:

I absolutely adore Jason, he is totally perfect for the role and the fact that he loves playing Lucius and also ROCKS at give me an awesome feeling. Thank god he exists as we have other actors who depress me.. Michael Gambon for example….

Avatar Image says:

I think each and every actor that had appeared in the Harry Potter movies and that will appear are fantastic for the part they portray. People need to get over this grudge of Michael Gambon, and they also need to get over whats inside their own heads. Things will never be like you picture them reading. Get over it, its sickening, to hear someone keep saying, Thats not who I pictured, or I hate Michael Gambon he sucks as Dumbledore. Get a life.

Avatar Image says:

MIcheal Gambon sucks. I’m keeping my opinion until he does justice to his part as dumbledore.

Avatar Image says:

I agree, Gambon’s total inconsideration to dumbledore’s character has made us hate him!!!

Avatar Image says:

What total inconsideration? You’re just making false claims.

Avatar Image says:

I’m guessing he’ll be on the cover of a newspaper, and they’ll show the Death Eaters being arrested at the Ministry from the end of OotP.

Write a Reply or Comment