Dan Radcliffe to be a Guest on “Inside the Actors Studio”

272

Sep 20, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Actor Dan Radcliffe will be a guest on the new season of “Inside the Actors Studio.” This acclaimed program hosted by James Lipton will be recorded Monday, October 6th, at 7pm at Pace University in New York City. As this is a live on tape program, you will be required to stay the entire time, that can often run between 2 to five hours. Doors for the taping open at 6.30pm. There is no late seating, videotaping, or photography. Note: Tickets for this taping are not yet available, and we will update with more on that when we can. Inside the Actors Studio is broadcast on the Bravo cable channel.

Thanks so much Helena and to our Order partner DanRadcliffe.com!

43 Responses to Dan Radcliffe to be a Guest on “Inside the Actors Studio”

first comment!

Avatar Image says:

What is this show? I’ve never heard of it.

first comment!

Avatar Image says:

OMG! That’s absolutely amazing! What an honor for him!

Avatar Image says:

It’s on Bravo cable. This is a great show and I can’t wait to hear Dan’s thoughts on acting, especially vis-a-vis theatre vs. film.

I so wish I were in NYC for this!

Avatar Image says:

sweet! cant wait to watch!! first??

Avatar Image says:

I so wish I were in NYC for this!

Avatar Image says:

I just love this show. I watch this show sometimes, even for actors/actresses that I am not a fan of because it is still so interesting listening to them talk their lives and their work. I am so happy that Dan is going to be on it, though I wish I could see it live.

Avatar Image says:

Okay, so this is one of my favorite shows, and I can’t really picture Dan on it. I think he might be the youngest person who has ever been on the show. Though I’m still looking forward to his answers for James Lipton’s questionnaire. I wonder what his favorite curse word is… :D

Avatar Image says:

@Ginny Potter: Hi, Ginny! ‘Inside The Actor’s Studio’ is a cable program, here in the US [I don’t know if it’s broadcast in the UK or elsewhere]. They spend the time, on the program, discussing acting. In specific, the particular Actor/Director/etc. about their career and views on the Craft. If I’m not mistaken[, as it has been quite a long time since I was last able to view the program], questioning is also open, to the audience. There is discussion about Acting Techniques and etc. I don’t explain it, very well, but some of the Actors/Actresses/directors have been; Robin Williams, Steven Speilberg, Dana Carvey, Illia [sp] Kazan, and Bob Hope. I hope I helped and if anyone else can enlighten, please do! I believe that Sir Richard Harris was once a guest…don’t quote me though. :D

Avatar Image says:

I would add, also, that it is a very prestigious program hosted, as Laura mentioned, by James Lipton.

Avatar Image says:

Hey Ginny. Inside the Actor’s Studio is a huge cable show that has been on the air since 1994. Many, many big stars have sat on stage and done interviews with James Lipton for this show. Lipton is famous for having a portion of every interview in which he asks each star the same questions such as ‘what is your favorite curse word?’ and he also allows the audience to ask the stars a question towards the end the show. Lipton is also famous for really doing his homework on each celebrity he interviews and revealing little bits of info about the celebrity most people didn’t know. He’s become somewhat of a celebrity himself and has appeared in a Geico insurance commercial that is currently airing (in the US) in which he plays himself.

Avatar Image says:

Well that sucks, I’ll be in New York the next week to go see Equus and go shopping, but I would really like to be able to attend this. Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to watch it on TV. I can’t wait to see it though, it should be pretty funny with Dan on there. I bet he’s nervous. I mean like leaky says filming takes anywhere from 2-5 hours and I’ve seen poor Dan get pretty nervous on a quick conan o’brien interview. Still I’m sure he’ll be great! Congrats Dan!

Avatar Image says:

Whoaa, I’ve seen this show a few times (UK has shown a few episodes of this but only a selection which I suspect were of the more well known actors in UK such as Tom Hanks, Ralph Fiennes, Al Pacino). I thought only actors of a reasonably long established portfolio would be invited. Dan’s is rather short so far isnt it? Good for him, though. He obviously has earned immense respect for his growth in acting on film and stage.

Avatar Image says:

Cool. I watch that show when Im interested in someone, like I loved watching Will Ferrall! He came out dressed as James Lipton, and that made him blush so badly. The great thing was Will Ferrall never broke out of James character. What a riot!

Avatar Image says:

woah, i’m surprised! i thought if they’d invite him it would be after the potter films are over, and maybe after he’s had a chance to do some other movies and/or plays.

but i look forward to it! dan can be pretty funny, and so is james lipton. i wonder what type of questions lipton will ask dan..

Avatar Image says:

wow! i’m impressed! i can’t wait to see it on tv. wish i woulc be there

Avatar Image says:

OMG, this i great news! I’ve seen this show several times, with Hugh Laurie, Al Pacino and Kate Winslet… and always thought Dan should be in it one day! I can not wait to see it, I wonder when will they air it?

Avatar Image says:

Professor Potter, Dan is young but he already has quite a long career. I don’t remember any other actor who have had huge success in both movies and theatre even before being 20 years old. And he has done comedy and drama for tv too, which were very good proyects. He has more acting experience than many of the guests this show has had, and much more charisma too.

Avatar Image says:

yeah so i go to pace, where actor’s studio is taped and i’m soooo excited to see daniel!!! it’s going to be awesome!!

Avatar Image says:

Actng students who go to the college where he teaches get first dibs on seating, supposedly, so I hope major Radcliffe fans don’t get tragically disappointed when they discover that 99% of the tickets are gone before they go open to the public.

Avatar Image says:

i’m so excited. i really like this show when i hear a favorite actor of mine will be on it. it’s a very interesting show. i’m about to watch the one with Hugh Laurie in a few. if it’s being taped on the 6th then it’ll probably be aired in like…May 2009 or something. i hope not but it might.

Avatar Image says:

actually, a lot of the actors that Lipton interviews are way more established have a lot more range of acting than Dan. I am very surprised that he is asked. Good for him.

Avatar Image says:

I think they don’t sell tickets, you have to show there early that day and if there is enough space you can enter. I’m sure there are many Actor Studio students who are fans, and people who is interested in listening to him. He has grew up being every day in a set, they will love to know about it, and to know about differences between cinema and theater, and tv…. So fans don’t get disappointed because students are fans too.

Avatar Image says:

Any chance of someone super-kind putting it up on youtube when it’s aired?. No chance of seeing it otherwise in the UK I guess. Dan is witty and funny and interesting and I reckon he’ll do us potter fans proud.

Avatar Image says:

Awesome! I love this show and can’t wait to see the lovely Daniel on it!

I highly suggest anyone who has never seen it to try and track down previous episodes. I recommend the Johnny Depp episode, Robin Williams and the two hour episode of Dustin Hoffman. The Robin Williams episode is truly hillarious (he has wicked ADHD and can’t sit still) and Dustin Hoffman is just really an interesting man to listen too. Johnny Depp – the quesions at the end are the best.

James Lipton always ends the show with two things, the same set of questions which include; if heaven exist what would you like St. Peter to say to you when you arrive at the pearly gates?; If you weren’t an actor what other profession would you like to be/not like to be?; what’s your favorite curse word?; Favorite sound?; least favorite sound?; Just cool questions like that.

And James Lipton always digs up great childhood pictures that are super cute. And he’s Lipton. As in the tea!

Avatar Image says:

sorry for posting my comment 3 times!. accident not deliberate.

Avatar Image says:

mmmmm….really? he’s too young, i like him and all, and i know he’s quite mature…but no, just…no

Avatar Image says:

I am very impressed! I didn’t expect Dan to be on there until he was much older. I wonder who the youngest actor to be on this show is; I wonder if it may be Dan.

I LOVE this show and have seen many of my favorite actors on it. I especially enjoyed Johnny Depp, Angelina Jolie, Ralph Fiennes, Samuel L. Jackson, and Hugh Laurie.

Avatar Image says:

Yes, Dan is very young to have been so honored, but he is an exceptionally bright young man and I expect that the interview will also touch on his interests outside of acting (especially literature). This show has featured other young actors, as well as plenty of actors I respect less for their craft.

Seconding the youtube motion, as I don’t have broadcast TV! Thank you, you kind-hearted soul …

Avatar Image says:

It should be interesting show. (it’s a great program and you can see many different episodes on YouTube. check out the Michael Caine one.)

Avatar Image says:

Sweet deal! I’m gonna try to get tickets whenever they come out and I’ll just go after school. And go in late the next day =]

Avatar Image says:

Awesome! The most pretentious and self-congratulatory show on cable!

Avatar Image says:

Does anybody know when the show will be aired?

Avatar Image says:

So reading through the comments I think some of you are forgetting that Dan has done a few other movies besides HP that have been extremely well reviewed. Yes he is younger then most but he has a variety of projects under his belt already. Besides ITAS has also had musicians, TV personalities and other such people on.

Avatar Image says:

He is young, but has a lot of experience and quite a unique career . He’s done major films, an independent one, theater and television. He also has the interesting perspective of making the transition from child actor to adult actor, and films to the stage. So I think he’ s a great choice for the show and will bring a lot to it, in addition to the fact that he also happens to be mature, intelligent and articulate.

Avatar Image says:

Harrison Ford was on, too. No matter the guest, the program is always entertaining. I should watch it now, since I have Bravo finally.

Avatar Image says:

I USHER FOR THAT!!!! IM GOIING TO MEET HIM!!!!

Avatar Image says:

When it is going to be broadcast? How exciting for Dan. This is a fabulous program. I can’t wait to hear what his favoritie swear word is. LOL

Avatar Image says:

OMG…I soo want to go!!! I will go as soon as tickets go on sale!! Leanie…any chance of gettin some special back stage passes or something?? :D

””“I USHER FOR THAT!!!! IM GOIING TO MEET HIM!!!!

Posted by Leenie on September 21, 2008 @ 09:46 PM ””””

Avatar Image says: hello, thanks authors. exellent postAvatar Image says: c767tAvatar Image says: PwsSXI hi! how you doin?

Write a Reply or Comment