121

Jan 14, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The Golden Globe awards ceremony, which took place without its usual red carpet glitz and glamor and celebrity appearances due to the ongoing Writer’s Guild strike, was broadcast last night on NBC as a press conference. As we told you previously, a number of actors who have appeared in the Harry Potter films were nominated for their roles in various film and television productions in the past year. Actress Julie Christie, who portrayed Three Broomsticks pub landlady Madam Rosmerta in “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” film, took home top honor in the category of Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama for her role in the film “Away From Her.” Additionally, in the category of Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television, legendary actor Jim Broadbent (Professor Slughorn) received the award for his part in the HBO television film “Longford.” Mr. Broadbent was nominated in this category along with fellow Harry Potter actor, Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy).

Finally, the film “Sweeney Todd:The Demon Barber of Fleet Street” in which actors Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange), Alan Rickman (Severus Snape), and Timothy Spall (Wormtail) appear, was awarded the Best Motion Picture honor in the Musical or Comedy category.

A complete list of the winners can be found right here.

Congratulations to all!

24 Responses to Golden Globe Awards Follow Up: Broadbent, Christie, and “Sweeney Todd” Film Named Winners

Avatar Image says:

Unfortunately, I was unable to see the awards :( Congrats, though!

Damn.. Poor Helena =( BlogHogwarts.com

Avatar Image says:

oh i had wished helena had won top, but atleast johnny won!!!! oh how i love him.

Avatar Image says:

Yay for Julie Christie! Her Away From Her performance was brilliant. I’m so glad she won!

Yeahhhh Sweeney Todd!

Avatar Image says:

I have to say some of the winners they chose I think are kinda retarted…

Avatar Image says:

I wish Johnny Depp would be in the HP films.

Avatar Image says:

Hey pinkchocolat: you didn’t miss much. :<

It wasn’t broadcast, except for a “brief” news conference style bit, I understand. I don’t have network TV, but that is what I understand. Many of us here, across the pond, are very disappointed. But, that’s what happens, during a strike. Congratulations, to all the winners! :D

Avatar Image says:

Hello, Extras won best comedy series. Dan Radcliffe was a part of that series and one of the standout episodes.! Oh yeah, he plays Harry Potter?

Avatar Image says:

I found that this summed it up exactly as I would have put it

Avatar Image says:

That reminds me: Is Julie Christie going to be back for HBP? Rosmerta is supposed to be under Imperius. I hope they keep that but they’ll probably end up cutting it.

Woot for Sweeney! And Atonement (loved that movie). :D

Qs: Can yall see my pic? Cuz I can’t, but I’ve fixed it again and again. :(

Avatar Image says:

Don’t forget Anna Friel was nominated, and she should count as an extended member of the Harry Potter family. “Pushing Daisies” is a great show and she’s adorable in it.

Avatar Image says:

VERY HAPPY for Jim Broadbent and Johnny Depp.

I saw “Longford” last year and thought Broadbent’s performance was WONDERFUL.

Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Alan Rickman, and Timothy Spall were GREAT in “Sweeney Todd”. I’ve never been crazy about musicals on screen or a lot of violence. “Sweeney Todd” was VERY GORY, but I loved this film!

Truth be told, I’d watch Johnny Depp in anything. He’s not only GORGEOUS, but also an AMAZING actor. I ADORE HIM!

Avatar Image says:

‘scuse my ignorance, but what does Anna Friel have to do with Harry? Did she do a voice, or a character who ended up being cut? I looked at her IMDB page, and didnt see HP listed.

I …. liked …. Sweeny Todd…. sorta. HBC was really good. Johnny Depp was really good. Alan R and Timothy S were also great. I loved the number with JD and HBC where they were singing about what (who?) was going to be in each pie. LOL! It was WAY gory tho, which I did know going in. It wasnt just the slashing, but the …erm… disposal (relocation?) of the bodies that had me double-cringing. That and the Pie shop, the first time Sweeny is there, and HBC is singing about how bad her pies are. BLECH! I hate bugs!!! I think I should get a rebate for how much of the film I averted my eyes for. LOL!

Avatar Image says:

Beth, Anna Friel is with David Thewlis, I think she may have tried out for Tonks (but not sure if that is true).

Avatar Image says:

Beth, you call your self a fan, and you don’t know that Anna Friel and David Thewlis are in a relationship? She attended the London Premiere of Prisoner of Azkaban in 2004. You might find pictures in the Leaky Galleries.

Avatar Image says:

I was so happy when Johnny Depp won best actor and “Sweeney Todd” won Best Motion Picture (Musical/Comedy)! It was difficult for me to choose which film to root for, because “Hairspray” was up there along with “Sweeney Todd”, and both movies I saw and like very much. I haven’t seen “Away from Her”, but am now interested in seeing it. Julie Christie is a great actress and she also narrated “The Animals Film”, which is an award-winning eye-opening documentary I recommend to anyone concerned about the way society treats nonhuman animals. Congrats!

Avatar Image says:

hmm and I thing this choosen is right tanks for this news..

Avatar Image says:

MAN!!! I really wanted helena to win!!! She rox!! Oh well better luck next time!!!

Avatar Image says:

Julie Christie proves once again that 42 years after ‘Darling’ and ‘Zhivago’ that she is still the BEST. Her poetic acting does not fail. You go girl!!!

woo hoo well done Extras i LOVE Ricky Gervais

Avatar Image says:

Some of the winners, i am not sure about at all… But well done to everyone in sweeney todd.. unfortunately im too young to see the film argh.

Avatar Image says:

johnny depp is freaking amasing!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooooo glad he one best actor. And, Sweeny todd is amasing. i loved it.

Write a Reply or Comment