Set of Harry Potter Books Sells at Auction to Benefit Scottish Rugby Club

106

Jan 16, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Previously we told you that author J.K. Rowling had donated an entire set of autographed copies of the Harry Potter series for auction to benefit a Scottish Rugby Club. That auction took place today in Edinburgh, Scotland, with the set selling for £6,960. Thanks to STV who let us know you can watch their news report of the auction here, which has footage of today’s auction to benefit the Portobello Rugby Club, which was destroyed by fire set by vandals in 2007.

Thanks to STV!

9 Responses to Set of Harry Potter Books Sells at Auction to Benefit Scottish Rugby Club

Avatar Image says:

Wow I know thats a lot but to have a series of autographed books, I would have thought it would have gone for more!!!

Avatar Image says:

That is just awesome!

Avatar Image says:

It works to $13,667.04 in US dollars. (by todays exchange rate) For a local auction that sounds good to me.

Avatar Image says:

It’s amazing what seven signatures on $150 worth of books can do for a group in need. I admire Jo’s generosity.

Avatar Image says:

Excelente obra

Avatar Image says:

If you look at the original article, it reads, “Experts say the books could fetch as much as £3000.”

Looks like they got much more than they were expecting. Fantastic!

Avatar Image says:

I am constantly amazed at how generous Jo is. Way to go!

Avatar Image says:

wonderful Jo. I as a fan would like to thank you for considering doing such things (ofering signed books to assist the “less fortunate”) As for a certain amount of the fandom I am totaly disgusted ! (want want want, me me me, have they learned nothing? How many of the “fairweather”fans, started,given to,set up,assisted with any charity ? Very few I would imagine but are quite willing to whinge, moan and complain about others yet not prepared to “do” themselves ! You dont need to be “rich”moneywise, to get involed with “deserving causes”, you can offer your help, it wont hurt you and you will see for yourselvesthe difference you can make to peoples lives.Rather than spending time behind a computer telling everyone elsewhat to do ! ( Ido know some do “sterling work”for volentary/charitable causes praises to you) Sitting behind a computer and critisizing help no one. Thanks Jo for your thoughtfulness.

Avatar Image says: