Two BAFTA Nominations for “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix”

123

Jan 16, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

The British Academy of Film and Television Arts has nominated Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix for awards in two categories. The fifth Harry Potter film was nominated in the category for “Production Design” (Stuart Craig/Stephenie McMillan), and “Special Visual Effects” (Tim Burke/John Richardson/Emma Norton/Chris Shaw). Also, actress Julie Christie (Madam Rosmerta) was nominated as “Best Actress” for her performance in the film “Away from Her.” The BAFTAs will be presented February 10 at the Royal Opera House in London, England, with the show hosted by Jonathan Ross and to be broadcast on the BBC. Congratulations to all at OotP!

10 Responses to Two BAFTA Nominations for “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix”

Avatar Image says:

OOTP deserves both awards!!!!! especially visual efects….It was stunning…..Battle between Dumbledore and Voldemort….ahhhhhh… great…...it was totally a fight bettwen two most powerful wizards….they have my vote….good luck

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations WB for being nominated! Stuart Craig definitely deserves a BAFTA for all his efforts in OoTP. The Ministry was one of the best sets ever. Visual Effects too. I agree with matea the fight between Dumbledore and Voldemort was awesome! Fingers crossed.

Avatar Image says:

That fight was amazing especially in the Imax 3-D.

Avatar Image says:

The special effects deserve an oscar on their own and the actors an oscar for the parts they play with the effects. Fantastic !

Avatar Image says:

yay! they were talking on GMTV this morning about the baftas about whos all got nominations and i wondered if OOTP. Im soooo glad that they have they deserve it =] and omg Johnathen Ross is presenting it! YAYYY!

Avatar Image says:

The film was so boring, I nearly slept at the cinema.

Avatar Image says:

The visual effects were, IMO, absolutely stunning, however they didn’t really contribute anything new so I doubt OOTP will win that one.

Avatar Image says:

WOOT! Man, I wish I had BBC …. I wish a lot of things that’ll never happen. :P

Avatar Image says:

i liked the movie but i think it could’ve been better. i dont like the actor who portrays dumbledore, i dont think he fits the, idk profile of w/e. he;s just not my dumbledore. but over all the movie was ok, im hoping HBP is better, its one of my favorite books =]

Avatar Image says:

I was so hoping Imelda Staunton would get nominated for Supporting Actress given the praise she has received. But only two? The lowest number of noms any Potter film has got so far….. Its the second best film (the first is POA) and had it been better scripted (IE the lack of much exposition is just lazy, can’ tWB get a decent writer for a change, who is actually English, it would solve the writers strike problem :)) it would have been the best.

Write a Reply or Comment