332

Jan 17, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix received another nomination today, this from the Costume Designers Guild. The costumes created by Jany Temime for the fifth Harry Potter film received a nomination in the “Fantasy Feature Film” category. Others nominated include “Enchanted, ” “The Golden Compass,” “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End,” and “300.” The Costume Designer Guild Awards will be presented on February 19 in Los Angeles, California. Congratulations Jany Temime!

10 Responses to “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” Nominated for Costume Designers Guild Award

Avatar Image says:

Nice :) I hope Order of the Phoenix win

Avatar Image says:

If making those hideous Umbridge outfits doesn’t deserve an award, I don’t know what does!

Avatar Image says:

cheers, i think the death eater costumes were pretty sweet, i hope they win for those.

Avatar Image says:

I agree, they were pretty cool :)

Avatar Image says:

Oh, that is so cool Order of the Phoenix does deserve and award because the costumes were really cool, especially the death eater ones !! : )

Avatar Image says:

Hmm. Shacklebolts costume seemed a bit off the mark to me… And Sirius’s clothes sometimes made me go Whaa-? but Tonk’s stuff and Lucius’s were pretty awesome.

Anyway I’m getting so tired! I want HBP news or pictures! WB have only sent that one still of Harry XS

Avatar Image says:

Bellatrix’s costume was so cool, and fit perfectly for a female death eater!

Avatar Image says:

the costumes were great!!! it suits the casts,especially harry potter…

Avatar Image says:

I had the opportunity to view the GOF costumes at a fashion museum in LA. It was very interesting to see the custumes up close and a couple of things surprised me: 1. The colors of some the costumes looked very different in person versus the movie. The Beauxbaton uniforms seemed more blue in the movie and Hermione’s Yule Ball gown was more vivid in person (not too mention a tiny, tiny waist!) 2. McGonagall’s hat was incredibly detailed, with shiny, sparkley accents that didn’t really show up in the movie. 3. Rita Skeeter’s suit was positively the most hideous shade of green imaginable. Great job!

i am hoping to see the OOTP costumes, this year. Especially Bella’s….....

Avatar Image says: