112

Jan 18, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Actor Timothy Spall has given a new interview where he confirms he will be returning in the role of Peter Pettigrew for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film. The actor says that he is in the sixth Harry Potter movie, noting he should begin filming his role as Wormtail in the near future noting “They’re shooting the penultimate one at the moment ’ which I have a brief appearance in it. I should be doing that soon.”

Timothy Spall then goes on to state in the brief interview with Moviehole that he will be back for the film version of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,” but is uncertain on the production schedule for that movie. He says ”And I’m also in the one at the end ’ I have a very big scene in that. I think they might be shooting two of them back-to-back ’ hard to know though, what with this writer’s strike and all.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is currently in production in England, and will be released in theaters this year on November 21.

65 Responses to Timothy Spall to Return as Wormtail for Half-Blood Prince, Deathly Hallows Films

we have spinner’s end!

Avatar Image says:

Dyou know what this means though? They have the Spinners’ End scene with Snape, Cissy and Bella!

Avatar Image says:

We’ve known for a long time that Spinners’ End would be included. This confirms that Wormtail’s part in that scene has been included.

Spall has clearly been informed about the events at Malfoy Manor; I hope he is practising his death scene!

Avatar Image says:

Did he mean HBP and DH back -to -back, or the rumor that DH will be split into two parts?

Avatar Image says:

Good news, always great to see the maximum of characters in the movies !

Do we know if Bill Weasley will be in the movie ? I think it’s really time to show him !!!

Avatar Image says:

squee! cissy and bella love! being filmed soon!

Avatar Image says:

remipau – I find it difficult to imagine how they will do DH without introducing Bill (and Fleur again) at some point.

Avatar Image says:

They can replace Bill and Fleur with Lupin and Tonks, who are more important characters.

Can’t wait to see what they do with the Spinner’s End scene.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with helena123. I would change the wedding scene to be Lupin and Tonks’ wedding and the shell cottage to be Lupin and Tonks’ house. That would give both of them much bigger role and their final scenes will have more impact with audiences.

Avatar Image says:

I hope they’ll cut “the other minister”..it was really boring..but in the fifth film there is a newspaper sayng “the muggle prime minister has been alerted to the danger”..maybe there’ll be this scene..but I hope the film will begin with bella and cissy going to Snape..

Avatar Image says:

Billy--He says”I’m also in the one at the end…...I think they may be shooting two of them back-to-back” .He means DH has two films back-to-back [maybe] -—-as HBP has already been written and is in filming production. The script for DH has not been written yet, and cannot be written--to be sure at the moment if there will be two films from the last book --until the writer’s strike is over and whoever is writing the last script(s) for DH can work on them.Until then it hangs in limbo, unless WB makes a public statement that the last book will be two films and shot back -to -back.

I am glad to see they are keeping these scenes that are important to the story, I hope they see the light of day and are included in thefinial cut of the film—-HBP. And so happy Timothy Spallis returning.

Avatar Image says:

helena123 – that’s a good idea re Lupin and Tonks.

Avatar Image says:

So Wormtail will be in Spinners End and the Battle. I hope they don’t have him replace one or more Carrows. That would totally mess up the end of Hallows.

That means the Malfoy Manor part will be in, right? :D

Avatar Image says:

I hope Malfoy Manor makes it too, Accio_HP7! :D… I’m so happy T.S. is returning, and I agree with the ones that say it could be Lupin and Tonks’ wedding!!!

Avatar Image says:

It does look promising for Malfoy Manor and Spinner’s End.

I can see that Shell Cottage scenes could be Lupin and Tonks house instead because Lupin could maybe tell Harry their address as somewhere to go if they need help at any point.

just thinking about the wedding though, if it is Lupin and Tonks wedding how do they justify Krum, Aunt Muriel, and Xeno Lovegood all being invited? Meeting those characters is why we are going to get to see the wedding at all, and those three are only there because of their respective connections with Fleur, Bill, and the Weasleys. Maybe Harry can find out about Bathilda living in GH and Grindelwald’s mark somewhere else, like Dumbledore’s obituary or Rita Skeeter’s article, which means the wedding might not even be shown?

Avatar Image says:

This is awesome, and for whoever asked above they have cut the other minister scene that has been confirmed because he was one of the characters cut. But How exciting they must be going to film Spinners End any day now! I hope they give us some little pics, especially of Cissy, although I have great confidence in Helen McCrory. Now to hear Alan say he is returning to DH for sure, that would make my day!

Avatar Image says:

I really hope they dont start messing about with the story and make it Lupin and Tonks house. If they do that, what else they going to mess about with?

Avatar Image says:

This is good and all, but it’s not as though it was in any doubt, really. We already knew Spinner’s End would be in HBP, a) because it’s a completely crucial expositional scene without which the film’s entire plot would collapse, and b) because they’d already cast Narcissa, and it’s the only scene she’s in. It’s also Wormtail’s only scene, so they had to put him in there in preparation for the payoff of his character arc in Deathly Hallows; had they skipped him from HBP, it would have left a two film-gap with no mention of him whatsoever, and I don’t think many audiences would have been that fussed about his fate in DH if they hadn’t seen him at all for four years…

Still, it’s good news.

Avatar Image says:

So Deathly Hallows is back to back two films after all -good.

Avatar Image says:

Yep, they’re filming Spinners End next month and we’ve known that for a while. This is still good news though, wasn’t entirely sure they’d keep wormtail in that scene.

And as for Deathly Hallows – they wouldn’t DARE cut the Malfoy Manor – RIGHT?

Avatar Image says:

If they film “Half Blood Prince” and “Deathly Hallows” back to back then they would in essence be filming a trilogy of sorts if “Deathly Hallows” is indeed split into two films. I’m crossing my fingers that they go this route.

Avatar Image says:

My grandson who is four is more afraid of Timothy Spall as Wormtail than he is of Voldy. His caracter in Sweeny Todd is equally slimy and hateful. I am glad he is coming back. Spinner’s End is IN!

HOW EXCITING!

He may only have a few lines but fans appreciate the details in characters.

Any news on Kreacher or Dobby?

Avatar Image says:

Personally i agree with Neil. No way should they change the wedding to lupin and tonks..it would through off the entire movie. Alot hinges on that scene. to change it would be horrible! and i do agree that its great that TS will be returning..though not all that surprising.

Avatar Image says:

It definitely sounds like he is confirming the two-movie DH. That’s big.

Avatar Image says:

Hmmm, it doesn’t really sounding like he’s confirming a two-part DH, but it sounds like he’s heard the rumors the rest of us have. I agree that they can’t make any decision on that until the script is done. I really hope they can do it justice in one movie, because splitting it up would SO break the flow, but I guess we have to leave it to the pros if it just can’t be done in 3 hours or less. If they can do it in 3 hours, they should by all means do it in one movie.

However, great to hear Wormtail returns! Indeed, Spinner’s End will be great. But the “penultimate scene”...did anyone get the impression he might be on the Astronomy Tower???

Avatar Image says:

To replace Bill and Fleur with Tonks and Lupin would be a good idea but I don’t think they should marry them because the real drama with Tonks and Lupin is that they didn’t have the time to be happy together !

And I really want to see another Weasley boy (Bill is supposed to be handsome !), they made Percy so why not Bill ? And to put Bill in HBP is a good way to introduce Greyback and his horribles manners !

Too bad also they won’t introduce the new minister (maybe in DH) beacause I really like the scenes when Harry is really arrogant with him, you know, showing his Umbridge scar !

GinaC

I think he meant the penultimate movie, not the penultimate scene

Avatar Image says:

For those saying Tonks and Lupin marrying would “throw off” the entire movie, I will bluntly tell you that it won’t. It’d be a more streamlined way of doing things than trying to put in yet another character to introduce. These are the movies, not the books. We have to approach them from a different perspective.

Avatar Image says:

I think it’s also really important that they put Dobby back in HBP. In the book his death is really really sad because we know that Harry loves Dobby and Dobby really loves Harry and helps him a lot of times !

In the movies we only saw Dobby in COS and not too much and his character was sometimes annoying. The impact on the audience won’t be the same because Dobby is really a minor character in the movies, they have to reinforce his presence if they want to make a really intence scene when Harry burried him !

Avatar Image says:

OMG! Does that mean they’re about to film Spinner’s End like RIGHT SOON?!!!! SQUEEEE! :D

People who live in the UK, go sneak into the set and takes some pics! :P

Avatar Image says:

It’s the main problem with the movies, all the second characters are not developped enough so when they are going to die in DH it won’t be such a big deal for the non HP fan audience.

I’m already hearing my brother saying at the end of DH : “Who cares is they are dead they’re only supporting roles !”

I know they can’t show everything but if the lengh of the movies was around 3h, they could have done a better job with supporting characters

Avatar Image says:

I dont recall any confirmation of the Other Minister scene being cut. We havent heard about casting of that role one way or another.

I thinks its likely, though.

Avatar Image says:

WOW! I can’t wait to se Bella, Cissy, Snape and Wormtail together!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Let’s hope he does some of the wonderful acting he did in POA rather than phoning it in as he did in GOF.

Avatar Image says:

I agree that, for movie purposes, replacing Bill and Fleur with Lupin and Tonks will work much better in the DH film. Bill and Fleur works fine in the books, where Rowling has had the time to develop them (somewhat) as secondary characters, and as a couple. For the films, it’s far better to use characters that have already been established (and honestly, who doesn’t want to see a bit more of Remus and Tonks?).

Actually, I can see it being quite poignant, in the light of Harry’s role as Teddy’s godfather: he becomes godfather while taking refuge with the only father figure/mentor that he has left. It could really underscore the generational shift of responsibility.

Avatar Image says:

I’m so glad he’s coming back as Wormtail; he’s wonderfully creepy in that role.

I can’t see, though, how they could swap out Blil and Fleur’s wedding for Tonks and Remus. It made so much sense for Tonks and Remus to marry off camera, quietly. The guest list would be very short as most of the wizarding world want nothing to do with Remus. (It’s just all of us and the Order who think he’s cool.)

And it doesn’t have to be as long in the movie as it was in the book. A lot of the preparations could be cut down to a few very short scenes, then show part of the wedding scene with the trio having to escape.

I am worried though that they won’t do justice to Dobby in DH. That was one of the most powerful chapters and I would hate to see it cut. Well, we’ll see.

It didn’t sound to me like TS was confirming that DH is two films. All he said was that it was possible but until the writers’ strike is done they won’t know. Anyway, I look forward to hearing that the rest of the adult cast is returning as well.

And I can’t be happier that Spinner’s End is in the movie. Just, please, take the time to develop that one. It deserves some nice screen time.

Avatar Image says:

Where is all the speculation about how they might change the “wedding” coming from? Has this come from some reputable source or is it all just guesses?

I personally would hate to see them change it to Remus and Tonks. I would love to see more of them on screen, but to me it is an unnecessary change. Fleur is an established character, and Bill wouldn’t be hard to introduce even in discussion between Harry and Ron or even Ginny. It is not necessary to have Fleur be in the HBP film to still have the wedding be in DH.

As to Dobby, well let’s just say I’d hate to be WB if they even think about cutting his scenes from DH!!

Avatar Image says:

i love you my love but is not what i trink i it abeses sentiria be contigo i love you ere the only person who dream com

Wait..

correct me if i’m wrong..

but isn’t Remus barging in Bill/Fleurs house at some point telling them that Tonks is pregnant and that Harry should be the godfather?!

How the heck would you do that with Tonks and Lupin being in the same house AFTER they burried Dobby in the garden and by that time Lupin, Tonks and Harry would’ve already seen eachother.. and Tonks might be showing already.. so they’d have to be master screenwriters (maybe Kloves learned from his mistakes and took lessons with Goldenberg…it’s okay to dream) to pull that off.. or i’m just stupid (admit it)..

idk..

i think i wouldn’t be upset if they cut Fleur and Bill out.. and i’d love for Tonks and Lupin to have more screentime.. but i do want THAT scene : the Dobby’s death/Burrying him scene and the safe haven of the Shell Cottage.. and then Lupin telling them Tonks is pregnant and asking Harry to be the godfather of Teddy… i’d die if Lupin isn’t going to walk trough a door telling them Tonks is pregnant.. any door will do.. ANY DOOR!!!!!!!! ANY!!!!!!!!!!!

Also: Anne. Xenophilius could be there because of Luna.. Because Luna is friends with the trio and has fought with Tonks and Lupin in the Ministry etc. Auntie Muriel, would be odd to be included then.. Krum.. er is lost? and knocked on the door? no..cut.. So Harry could ask Xeno or Luna what the sign is all about because he’s seen it before and tada, find out anyway…

idk.. hope it’ll turn out something amazing and unforgetable!

(wow this post is even longer than my posts on the IMDB HBP boards! [laugh])

Avatar Image says:

the romance between Bill and Fleur never came up in one one the movies, so it would be a bit of a plotjump to include their wedding in DH, logicly the Tonks and Lupin romance could be acting as the happy end demanded by Holiwood Laws at the end of HBP.

They thereby would do a better thing then at the end of GoF which ended in mineur and to prevent that all visitors would leave the cinema weeping, we had the rather unnatural huuging scene of the foreign students returning home to Beauxbatons and Durmstrang.

HBP ends even more depressing then GoF and that’s bad for business. Everybody rejoicing because outcast Lupin has found such a lovely dame, would be the perfect sugary icing on the cake…...with the promess of a spendid Hollywooden marriage at the start of DH.

so beware to take a tootbrush with you to the cinema.

Avatar Image says:

anotherweasley – their have been lots of rumors saying that Bill, Charlie & Percy have been cut from the rest of the films. We know they won’t be in the sixth film so Bill & Fleur suddenly showing up and getting married would be extremely random and highly unlikely, and since Remus & Tonks are already established characters, people are just making an educated guess.

Avatar Image says:

I am wondering about Mad-Eye will he return for that few moments on screen and then unfortunately parish? He isnt in the 6th movie. And I too would like to know how they are just going to bring back Dobby and Kreacher for Dobbys lasts moments and Kreachers extreme reformation. Please someone tell me that Jason will come back as Lucius along with his newly casted wife! It would be priceless to see them together with their precious son.

Avatar Image says:

Something_starry: Harry and co. find out that Tonks is pregnant when they are hiding out at Grimmauld Place. Lupin comes in, says that he made a mistake in marrying Tonks because she’s pregnant and his child will surely be an outcast and werewolf like him. He asks to join the trio on their quest, and Harry lays into him for wanting to abandon his pregnant wife. Lupin storms out.

Later, when Lupin arrives at Shell cottage, Tonks has already given birth. All they’d need to do is have Tonks give birth either just before or a little bit after Harry and co. arrive at their place, Lupin still asks Harry to be godfather, and it’s all good.

And I agree with everyone who is saying that they’d better not cut Dobby out!

Avatar Image says:

Yes, yes yes! :) Spinner’s End possibly? WOOT! =) I’m happy now. Besides, anyone else playing Wormtail would be weird, and if he wasn’t in the last book, I’d be deeply sad for some reason. :(

Avatar Image says:

Oops, last MOVIE* i mean :)

Avatar Image says:

If by some miracle Bill & Fleur are in DH then they will have to be mentioned a lot by Ron or Ginny in HBP. Stuff like “Guess who Bill’s been dating for the last year, Fleur” and “Mum just sent us an owl, Bil & Fleur are getting married”. Stuff like that.

They won’t be filming HBP & DH back to back because Daniel Radcliffe is going to be on Broadway and then filming that Journey movie and then DH will begin after that in 2009. Sorry but I thought everyone knew this considering the info about his other projects were posted on this site.

I wish Rupert would do another movie. Especially a comedy.

Avatar Image says:

FLeur isn’t in HBP; she won’t be in DH. If the wedding is included in DH, at all, it will be Lupin and Tonks.

Avatar Image says:

So what? After the sorry slipshod they did on OOTP, I don’t plan to see any more Potter movies ever. The movies miss the whole point.

Avatar Image says:

I swear if they cut out the scenes that have been mentioned in other comments such as Malfoy Manor, The Wedding, The cottage, and Fred’s death scene where Percy won’‘t let him go…. I’ll through a raging fit and then I’ll send WB and their stupid producers etc. a very strongly worded letter, then I’ll start a boycott ( I know it’s a bit extreme but i’m sick of them ruining the very little HP happiness I have left)... The wedding is such a great Ron&Hermione moment especially when their dancing together and the scene after when their escaping and Hermione disapparates them into some alley and some guys start hollering at her and Ron gets all mad… it’s too cute!!! Fred’s death scene is also very important considering he is one of my favorite characters….. It was one of the most emotional moments in the series and the thing that made it sadder was how although Percy had abandoned his family for so long he still loved his brother and that was why he wouldn’t let go of him. Oh yea, and they need to put Bill and Fleur in HBP and DH. It would really be the only way to do it right ( assuming they wanna do it right). Plus it really isn’t that hard to include them and use up just a couple of minutes, seriously…...... And DH needs to either be made into a 4 hour movie like Titanic or split in two…. Either way don’t matter to me as long as I get a long,good quality movie with most of the content from the book and all of it being portrayed correctly and some really emotional scenes with some damn good music like in LOTR… the music itself touched me OK I’m finally done Bye

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Something_starry that having the wedding changed to remus and Tonks would cause problems later including harry not getting the warning abour Goblins from Bill as the trio is planning their Big Horcrux Heist from Gringots and also remus and Tonks are ALREADY married when they show up at Bill and Fleurs Wedding so that makes it even more tricky to do it that way and as for Dobby and Kreacher thereis no conciveable way they could cut either one of them out of it as they are too important. I do hope the other minister scene makes it into HBp as i always thought it would be greatly humorous to get whom ever was the real prime minister of Great Britian at the time that HBP takes place and have him play himself but if it is cut i will deal with it

Avatar Image says:

also for DH with the writers strike going on there can be no script written so the rumor that DH will be split into 2 movies is just that. t the moment the most they could do for DH is to have Jo and the producers sit around a table sipping tea and toss around ideas

Avatar Image says:

“The wedding is such a great Ron&Hermione moment especially when their dancing together and the scene after when their escaping and Hermione disapparates them into some alley and some guys start hollering at her and Ron gets all mad… it’s too cute!!!”

And an equally cute R/Hr moment can’t happen in the movie because…?

I agree with the one saying that it’s not Tonks and Remus -style to have a big wedding. (Him being a werewolf and all that.) So maybe the assassination of Scrimgeour and the Death Eater crashing the party -thing could happen at Harry’s birthday party or something? Or they could throw a party just for the heck of it, because everyone knows it’s the last time they are going to be together…. plus that they want to celebrate the newlyweds and Harry.

To have Bill and Fleur suddenly getting married and forced down our throats would be a plotjump, an unnecessary one. How can you feel even a little sad about Lupin and Tonks dying if they are some random backround characters you’re not emotionally involved with?(I’m thinking about the non-book readers.) You can’t have it all, mate. Too much characters will just ruin some of them, because they become so shallow.

Fleur&Bill worked fine in the books, but I really don’t see any reason why they absolutely cannot in case be cut from the films.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Dumbledore’s girl. They MUST stick to the book for once. It’s the final one after all. They should either make a long good quality movie or make two films so that most of the content of the book stays untouched

Avatar Image says:

Dumbledore’s girl, they haven’t included Percy’s estrangement from the family in the movies, so the audience wouldn’t understand the plotline with Percy coming back and reconciling anyway. I would love for Percy to be in the movie, but I don’t have much hope he will. I think they will include Fred’s death in DH. It’s a tear jerker after all. But they could have Ron mourn over his body, I would be okay with that, gives Rupert a bit to work with. :)

About the wedding: I would love for Bill (and Fleur, I’ve just seen Clemence Poésy in ‘War and Peace’ on German tv and she was adorable) to be in DH, but I have a hunch they won’t cast and introduce a character (Bill) that hasn’t been in the previous movies at all. So I could accept if they make it Lupin and Tonks’s wedding. The two of them need more screentime to have their deaths make more impact anyway. The information Krum and Aunt Muriel have given Harry, could be provided in another way. Tonks then could give birth to Teddy when the trio hides at her and Lupin’s place after Malfoy Manor. That could make even more impact with Harry as godfather.

Avatar Image says:

Well they have to stream line things. For one thing the hospital scene in HBP will have to be changed. It just won’t work on Film; it barely worked in the book. In reality there will be no real reason why Lupin can’t warn Harry about the Goblins instead of Bill. In any case Tonks/Lupin and Teddy are much more important to the plot and themes of the story, and we already know their story will be included in HBP.

The reality of it is, is that, some of the story has to be changed from the book, and I think we just have to live with that; even if we don’t like it.

Avatar Image says:

For one I agree with whoever said that it should be as long as the Titanic movie with an intermission in between, that is what I originally thought of when they suggested two movies. I have no problem with a Tonks and Lupin wedding, I think Like others have said that it would give their deaths a greater impact and it would give them more time to shine. I think though we will have to discuss this after we see the possible hospital seen in HBP, I know they are going to include their romance because Natalia already told us she is going to be really depressed in the 6th movie for some reason and her hair is going to show it . But I still dont understand something how are they going to shove down Scrimgeour, Mad-eye, Dobby, Kreacher and Kingsley when we havent even seen one on screen and the other three have only been in another movie once? yes I do know that Moody Scrimgeour and Dobby are they only ones that kick the bucket.

Avatar Image says:

i totally agree with Neil becouse i mean if they switch the places to fit the people then it would just really mess up the books view of it!

Avatar Image says:

i wish they would leave the story as in the book for the1st time,i mean DH of course.but i guess i’m expecting too much:(

Avatar Image says:

i am reading the book and there will be a wedding but that is all i will say!!! i just cant wait to see the movie to see whats diff. in it then in the book. that is why i am reading it. to know ahead of time what will happen. and i thought that fleur died in goblet of fire. i saw the movie but i didnt hear or hardly see anything because of my baby cousins dakota and sybrea. they r adorable but sometimes annoying too. but they look up to me so what can i say. anyway i just cant wait to see the movie. i was just on youtube and some comments said that harry potter dies then comes back. i wonder if that is true.

i just cant wait to see the movie. but first i might want to finish the book so bye.
Avatar Image says:

they need to keep in bill and fleur’s wedding and stuff! i’m really annoyed that it doesn’t sound like clemence poesy or an actor for bill is going to be in hbp. although i’m sure they could introduce that storyline in dh, but still…

Avatar Image says:

it would be neat if they did film it back to back,...although i know that the pirates of the carribbean set was chaos filming 2&3 back to back. hopefully, though, if they are filmed simultaneously, that HP won’t be as hectic and everyone can just enjuoy the last months of filming :D

and i can’t see them cutting the wedding. i think it has to much weight to starting the plot if they took it out- it might not be a huge scene, but i think they will leave it

Avatar Image says:

I agree with the wedding/house best suited to Lupin & Tonks., plus it gives them more air time, and also more time for us to grow even fonder of them…sob. Surely it’s a bit late to only introduce Bill now with 2 films to go?

Avatar Image says:

How else could you explain the plot of HBP without the Spinners End scene.

Write a Reply or Comment