Wizard EP of the Month Club Already Rocking in 2008

Jan 22, 2008

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

Last year’s effort raised more than $13,000 for First Book, and this year, the rockers hope to nearly double that and also use their funds to help the The Harry Potter Alliance, so listen up: The 2008 Wizard Rock EP of the Month Club has been announced and it looks to be a great year full of fun tunes that benefit literacy.

This year’s lineup of bands is as follows:
Harry and the Potters
the Whomping Willows
the Hermione Crookshanks Experience
the Mudbloods
Catchlove
Gred and Forge
Justin Finch-Fletchley and the Sugar Quills
the Nifflers
Tom Riddle and Friends
the Giant Squidstravaganza
the Basilisk in Your Pasta
Gryffindor Common Room Rejects

There are a limited amount of subscriptions, so reserve your copy now by going to wizardrockclub.com, and spread the word! We’ll have more information about this on future episodes of PotterCast, and more.

14 Responses to Wizard EP of the Month Club Already Rocking in 2008

cool! :)

Avatar Image says:

no draco and the malfoys?

Avatar Image says:

There are at least two things wrong with this article:

1. Mugglenet posted this before you. That’s just wrong, because as far as I know, pigs can’t fly yet.

2.”Here’s how it works: The cost for a yearly subscription is $60; every four months you will receive a package with four CDs. By the end of the year you’ll have 12 EPs of original wizard rock content.” 4×4=16, not 12.

lol, no offence, love you leaky, just thoght I’d point it out:) and the wizard rock EP of the month club is awesome! Wrock on!

Avatar Image says:

Umm… No. There are only three four month chunks in a year, so 4×3 does equal 12. But no worries.

Avatar Image says:

And the second I read the email from the club, I re-upped for next year. Wrock On!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

This is really creative! I’m thinking of doing this..although I have never really been a fanatic for Wizard Rock like some fans, I do really enjoy it, especially Jingle Spells. This sounds awesome! Thanks, Leaky, for taking care of my immunity to WR and pretty much spoiling me…4 cds every 4 months? thats great! <3

Avatar Image says:

i love the wizard rock craze, but the only way i can buy them, besides when the occasional harry and the potters concert by my town, is on iTunes, and so many great groups aren’t on iTunes, i cant get a myspace or anything, so i guess im just a little bit stuck, especially since i also cant order things off the internet besides iTunes, i guess its just my fault for being just a teen when so many older readers can use credit cards and have theyre own myspaces w/o their parents caring and everything but it sort of bums me out every once in awhile, i love that wrock isnt mainstream, but i just wish there was another way for me to get to it…...

Avatar Image says:

sorry don’t mean to sound crabby, just wondering if anyone else has the same view….

Avatar Image says:

ya, i definitly wish there was some other way to get it. I have the same situation….it stinks

Avatar Image says:

FYI, you don’t need a myspace page to listen to their songs, you just need to be able to go to (for example) myspace.com/dracoandthemalfoysusa and have a computer that plays nice with flash plugins. Wrock on!

Avatar Image says:

i am kind of annoyed that oliver boyd and the remembralls aren’t in this, but i love every other band, and wizard rock is ooo amazing, i am def. going to get this because five dollars per cd is a great price for an amazing cd. anyone who likes qiz rock should do this!

Avatar Image says:

And the award for Most Spiffy Name on this album goes to…

“The Basilisk in Your Pasta”!

(Although “The Giant Squidstravaganza” is a close runner-up.)

Avatar Image says:

just a question, will any wizardrock bands ever come to birmingham alabama?..........please

Avatar Image says:

Yay! I resubscribed as soon as I got the e-mail. That’s a great list of bands for this year! I <3 Whompy : )

Write a Reply or Comment