Translated Edition of "Deathly Hallows" Hits Stores in Poland

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Posted by: Edward
January 26, 2008, 12:28 AM

More news today regarding the translations of the Harry Potter series, very soon readers in Poland will be able to get their hands on translated editions of the final Harry Potter book, as the novel is set to hit book shelves at midnight on January 26th. The Polish Press is reporting, however, some stores have begun to set copies out early. The Polish Press Agency notes a statement from Media Rodzina, the novel’s publisher, saying that nothing can be done at this point, as they had formed a ‘gentlemen’s agreement’ with the sellers. This edition is set to have 784 pages and a first printing of 650,000.

Thanks to Aleksandra!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows News

Professor Potter
Posted by Serpentigena on January 27, 2008, 05:09 PM report to moderator
Bjorn
Posted by Bjorn on January 28, 2008, 12:35 AM report to moderator
Wafik
Posted by Wafik on January 30, 2008, 01:09 AM report to moderator
Alex

Hi. I know this article is from long time ago and probably no one reads the comments… But I just wanted to say that Polish people are not as dumb as they seem to other nations; I learned English, which is not that hard, after all. The matter is that everything depends on single unit; if I want to learn English, I do so. Please, do not hold your opinions about a nation on few people. Dumb people are everywhere.
Ok, about some comments; Poland is a Catholic country. Many weird old ladies that are completly brain washed call Harry Potter series “adventures of three young satanists”. but I didn’t know that pope prohibited HP. I don’t think so…
Last thing; there are people in Poland who make 700-800 PLN per month. But it is not an average, Aillinne, and I don’t know how can you say such a thing. (Dobrze wiesz ze tak nie jest; punkt widzenia zalezy od punktu siedzenia – ale oficjalne dane to nie sa.) I guess you (you all, I mean) will profit when reading something about Poland on wikipedia.org, for example.

P.S. I read both original and translated versions of Deathly Hallows, and I loved them. Notwithstanding, I am sure that the movie will be, as usual, a disaster.

Posted by Alex on January 29, 2009, 04:50 PM report to moderator

"I remember every wand I've ever sold, Mr. Potter. Every single wand. It so happens that the phoenix whose tail feather is in your wand, gave another feather -- just one other. It is very curious indeed that you should be destined for this wand when its b