PotterCast 133: The Bard’s Tale

364

Jan 08, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast is here for our first regular show of 2008 including a Jo Outtake of the Week. Sue and John are your hosts this week and are joined by two of our Leaky Senior Staffers, Super!Alex and Nick R., for a discussion of some of the latest happenings in the fandom including: the auction of the Beedle the Bard as well as the recently aired ITV documentary on J. K. Rowling. In addition to this, comments made by director Guillermo del Toro about his taking the helm of the final Potter film and updates on the “Half-Blood Prince” filming are on our minds as well. To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“The Bard’s Tale”

- No Melissa, but Nick R. and Super!Alex join us for our 133rd episode.
- What have we learned about the ˜Potter Park’ from Jo’s ITV documentary?
- Does the wizarding world wait in line at midnight for new Beedle stories?
- What about the other 25 Beedle the Bard stories?
- Get your wand at Ollivander’s?

RT: 57:41

Editor: Stede Bonnett

Scribbulus
Podcast Alley
Digg
Terminus 2008

Direct download (27 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (7 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

17 Responses to PotterCast 133: The Bard’s Tale

Avatar Image says:

Yay, new Pottercast!! Off to listen..

Avatar Image says:

Yay, thanks for the new podcast. :)

I’ll have to wait until morning though, when I have free off-peak quota. Lol, I’m such a cheapskate.

Avatar Image says:

Yay! I’m off to listen now.

Just a little sad that we never got to hear those holiday filks… :(

Avatar Image says:

Yay Pottercast! Awww, no Melvin! But Yay!! Jo Outake!

Avatar Image says:

Well, I guess I’ll listen. I’m bored. :)

i’m psyched!

Avatar Image says:

YAY!! Mines downloading at the mo. Can’t wait to listen!!

Avatar Image says:

Wands? Ollivanders? dribbles Its all I’ve ever wanted from a HP theme Park. dies

Avatar Image says:

Wands?! I’m so jealous…wonder if they’d be willing to build the Potter Park in Europe so I can enjoy it like everyone else.

Avatar Image says:

During the podcast, naming of Harry and Ginny’s kids came up, and how they were all hamed after Harry’s ancestors and persons significant to Harry’s life.

Ginny has 5 brothers, 4 known to have children that will be taking names from the Weasley side, and Harry is an only child, and when choosing these names, the whole extended family is considered i.e. if someone else had already named a child “Fred”, then it’s unlikely that Fred would be given to another child (cousin or whatever).

I believe Jo took that into account and there was no male / sexist angle.

Avatar Image says:

Again, no Canon Conclusions? Is this segment ever coming back? It is my favorite, and I miss it as well as Steve. Can anyone answer if Canon Conclusions is gone for good?!?

Avatar Image says:

With regard to the naming of children, Luna is probably closer to Ginny than she is to Harry, given they had lessons together, ran the DA together in the DH year, and probably spent a fair amount of time together in the post-DH year of school as well. Also Ginny says of Sirius “I care what happens to Sirius as much as you do”. She would have liked Albus Dumbledore (particularly because he didn’t punish her for opening the chamber of secrets when she feared she might be expelled). So there although there is a bit of a Harry-bias to the names, which is understandable given there are plenty of Weasleys to use up the names from her side of the family, there is plenty of Ginny’s influence in the namings as well.

Avatar Image says:

With regard to Canon Conclusions, I would imagine it will appear shortly now the christmas specials are over, and Pottercast can resume its regular format. However, I would guess it unlikely that Steve will reappear while the court action is unresolved.

Avatar Image says:

Aberforth’s Petting Zoo So, so wrong! :)

Avatar Image says:

No Melvin? Shame. I hope she talks about her book when she eventually comes back.

Woo-hoo! Downloads and listens

Avatar Image says:

They mentioned watching the documentary on Jo online.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Write a Reply or Comment