New Interview with Tom Felton on Music, MySpace, and More

Felton Interviews
Posted by: Edward
October 21, 2008, 10:17 AM

The first part of a new interview with actor Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) is online today from Feltbeats.com.  During the interview, the fan site was able to speak to the young actor about a number of subjects including his love of music, recent music projects, online presence, and much more.  A number of audio clips of Tom Felton during the interview can also be found along with the text of the article.  On the subject of music, Mr. Felton discusses his YouTube channel and expresses his desire to continue creating music in the future.  In response to the reaction of fans so far, he says, "When the YouTube videos sort of started taking off, I used to look at every positive comment and felt really touched that A) all these people had listened to it but B) most of the comments sounded genuine, and there weren’t really that many negatives. So that sort of spurred me to write a few more and to put them on and make them available in any way I knew – through the web site, and through iTunes."

Mr. Felton also confirms that his YouTube channel is the only site that receives his direct involvement; other MySpace accounts, the actor says, were not created by him.  Quoteage: "The YouTube account, that’s the only one that I myself actually check. None of the MySpace accounts are me. I haven’t set up any other Web sites."

The next installments of the interview from our friends over at Feltbeats.com will be published each Monday to lead up to the appearance of Tom Felton on “Jack Osbourne: Celebrity Adrenaline Junkie,” which has been confirmed to air on Wednesday, November 12th on ITV2.

Thanks to Feltbeats.com!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton Interviews News

Lily

Dose anyone know where I can find the deleted parts of ootp?? I looked on youtube and Leaky, thanks for any help.

Posted by Lily on October 21, 2008, 05:28 PM report to moderator
Lily

Sorry for the secend post, I need the UK ones.

Posted by Lily on October 21, 2008, 05:29 PM report to moderator
Slither

LOL

Feltbeats.com: And there’s nobody else… No Daniel Radcliffe singing backup?

Tom: (Laughs) Yeah, Dan Radcliffe does my backup vocals! No, he doesn’t, he doesn’t.

I remember that Dan can play bass. that was funny. _

Posted by Slither on October 21, 2008, 06:48 PM report to moderator
Slither

Lily.
They are quite easy to find on Youtube.

here’s one to start you off. (remove any spaces if they appear)

Posted by Slither on October 21, 2008, 06:51 PM report to moderator
Slither

The rest are found along the sidebars…

Posted by Slither on October 21, 2008, 06:55 PM report to moderator
Adrian

Well, I just watched a video of Dan singing with Richard Griffiths and they are both great. Of course being acting on Broadway I don’t think they have much time to tape youtube videos… LOL

Posted by Adrian on October 21, 2008, 07:38 PM report to moderator
emily

Adrian, where did you found that video the one with “Dan singing with Richard Griffiths”
I’m curious

Posted by emily on October 21, 2008, 08:06 PM report to moderator
Slither

Me too. :|

I think it’s this one. I haven’t got any headphones so I can’t hear it.

Posted by Slither on October 21, 2008, 08:18 PM report to moderator
Cree

I love Tom’s music!! He’s really talented. <3

Posted by Cree on October 21, 2008, 08:57 PM report to moderator
Luna

hey uh hum are you still going to make more harry potter? if so will you need any new people to go to hagwarts? i have seen every movie and i know all about most peeps. and my dream is to meet Ron Weasly. so i hope you can write back and let me know about most things.my name is not really Luna, thats my coumpter name.

Posted by Luna on October 21, 2008, 11:30 PM report to moderator
confunded

I was fortunate enough to see Equus this weekend. It was absolutely terrific.

Griffiths just blew me away. I didn’t know him except as Uncle Vernon before, and his performance was absolutely first rate. It was like he was having a private conversation with you and only you. By the end I felt like I could have gone up and had a physician to physician converation about this fascinating case he had just seen. And speaking as a physician, he really got the part about how your patients can steal a little bit of your soul if you let yourself get too open to them for too long. (Sorry, about liking Griffiths so much. It was like the Princess Diaries – my generation went to see Julie Andrews and the kids to see Anne Hathaway.)

Dan was also really very good. As a pediatrician I was just bowled over when he came out on the stage in a perfect imitation of the posture and stare of a psychiatricially troubled teen. Oh that stare, he had it down to an art form – that stare that accuses and yet diminishes you.. I just wonder where he learned it. Did he go hang out in a psych ward or home for wayward boys? It was both chilling and fascinating, and so much more mature than anything we’ve seen yet in HP. His scene on the horse was also very well done. He really portrayed the joy and freedom and exhilaration of the moment without being overtly sexual or crude. The nude scene was tasteful, not frontal, but really was a metaphor for the opening up of his character. It looked like the girl (whose performance I found a bit flat) was wearing a body stocking, but I don’t think Dan was – not that you could really tell in the dim lighting.

Dan’s acting is really maturing. I no longer think he’ll be typecast as a boy wizard for the rest of his life, but I do worry that he is being typecast as angst-filled or brooding. I hope we see less brooding in HBP and in his next stage or film venture.

Earlier in the day I was touring Rockefeller center when Sarah Palin came in to do her SNL skit. Later that night when I got out of Equus the streets were blocked off with a police escort and the sidewalks were packed. I immediately thought that Palin must have been in at one of the shows, but I asked “who are we waiting for?”. The answer…Dan, of course. I thought it sad that that the poor guy needs a police escort to get out of the theater after the play has been open for a month. Seems like the price of fame is pretty high. I hope its worth it.

Anyway Equus is strictly for the 16 and over crowd. There is nudity and language, but that part is really pretty tasteful and kids today surely see more at home on cable. Its that the themes are very adult and there’s not enough visual going on in the show to hold the interest of someone who isn’t processing the themes.

Posted by confunded on October 22, 2008, 07:04 AM report to moderator
Slither

Wow, confunded. Great review.

Posted by Slither on October 22, 2008, 09:49 PM report to moderator
Slither

Wow, confunded. Great review.

Posted by Slither on October 22, 2008, 09:49 PM report to moderator
joycemorrison

^^yeah, thanks for sharing that bit, confunded… twas almost like being there myself. well, almost like almost. =) i like your nick, too. ;>

Posted by joycemorrison on October 24, 2008, 06:40 AM report to moderator
Jeannine

Isn’t this a repeat,of the interview we saw a couple of weeks ago here??

Posted by Jeannine on October 28, 2008, 09:27 AM report to moderator

"This, sir?" said Dobby, plucking at the pillowcase. "'Tis a mark of the house-elf's enslavement, sir. Dobby can only be freed if his masters present him with clothes,sir. The family is careful not to pass Dobby even a sock, sir, for then he would be free