Video of Dan Radcliffe Today Show Interview Now Online

Radcliffe
November 10, 2008, 12:15 PM

As we reported previously actor Dan Radcliffe was to be a guest on NBC's The Today Show this morning, and the video of this new interview (Update) is now available here in our video galleries.  In the short interview (runs approx 4:21) Dan discusses working on the play Equus, where he notes he does not read the reviews for his work. Unfortunately, only the slightest of mentions is made at the very end seconds of the interview regarding the upcoming Harry Potter films, with no time left for comments from Dan on the movies.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Aubrey

I’ll admit, that interview was pretty crappy. I watched it on TV this morning. They asked him the same old stuff, “Why’d you choose this role? How do you feel about the nudity?” etc

Posted by Aubrey on November 10, 2008, 12:20 PM report to moderator
Stixvix

And so where I work the security protocols are such that I cannot access any outside videos unless, maybe, they are from a trusted local news source….and my personal laptop has a dead monitor. Great luck right?! Either way if I go by the Leaky text I have to say that it is a good thing that HP is only mentioned very, very briefly at the end of the interview. HP was not the subject here, Dan in Equus was. If HP gets mentioned a lot in his interviews for other projects, he will not be able to avoid the typecasting as easily as he could with less HP mention.

I, obviously, along with everybody here I’m sure, would love to constantly hear about HP from its actors, but that is not the reality and I’m glad people/interviewers/fans are letting Dan grow into his adult acting career.

Posted by Stixvix on November 10, 2008, 12:27 PM report to moderator
jain

i agree with Aubrey. It was an interview about Equus, but Dan did note that Alan and Harry aren’t too far apart, Harry having melted Voltermorts face in the first film.I like the fact these current batch of interviews concentrate on Equus, they’ve been very mature interviews. Dan has come across relaxed and comfortable.

Posted by jain on November 10, 2008, 12:37 PM report to moderator
Courteni

i’m gonna see this play one day. Anne Curry is a DanRad fangirl. <3

Posted by Courteni on November 10, 2008, 01:07 PM report to moderator
sml

I watched it and the questions were pretty much what have been asked in the past, however, the people on this site have probably seen more of Daniel Radcliffe’s interviews than the public at large – so, to many Today Show viewers – it was probably new stuff. Dan seemed relaxed in this interview (he’ll always be a “fast talker” I think), and it just comes across so much how committed to his profession he is, and how much he wants to perfect his craft. He looks young, but his work ethic seems like that of a much older person. By the way – he looked pretty handsome in this interview, I think it was the hair.

Posted by sml on November 10, 2008, 01:17 PM report to moderator
Sharon

I saw the play two weeks ago and was blown away by the performance given by Dan. At no point did I find myself thinking that this was Harry Potter I was watching. What I did think was more along the lines of my God, this young man can act. If there is justice, he should get at least a Tony nomination, if not win the award. If you are old enough and mature enough, the subject matter of this show is very complex, raw, and not for children, I urge you to see this show. As Dan said, this is more of a why did he do it instead of a who dunnit. Some people may not be too comfortable with the why or the journey taken by the actors to get to that answer. You may leave the theator feeling uneasy about the story you have just witnessed but the performances are something anyone who loves the stage should not miss. I confess, I wish he had been asked something other then the standard getting naked questions. The show is so much more then the nude scene. How does one get so deeply inside the mind of such a damaged human being and convey that to a live audience without making the character a monster or a cartoonish freak? So many good questions left unasked just so Ann Curry could ask Dan about taking his clothes off. I swear, Dan should just do the interviews naked and get it over with.

Posted by Sharon on November 10, 2008, 01:38 PM report to moderator
LemonFaerie

@ Sharon: “So many good questions left unasked just so Ann Curry could ask Dan about taking his clothes off. I swear, Dan should just do the interviews naked and get it over with.”

I agree entirely with your sentiment, but I was ROTFLMAO over the wording, LOL, you are too right! :)

Posted by LemonFaerie on November 10, 2008, 01:45 PM report to moderator
tim

Obviously DR isn’t obsessed with HP, we must abduct him and brainwash him.
Then the terrorists will go away and the millennium bug will be caught and killed.
_

Posted by tim on November 10, 2008, 02:05 PM report to moderator
Krystle

Watched it and it was a rehash. I don’t really pay much attention to actors these days, but i must say that Dan’s matured a lot in the last few years, and i hope he continues to do the right thing and to make his choices, he might just be a good “Hollywood Kid” story if he keeps it up.

Posted by Krystle on November 10, 2008, 02:14 PM report to moderator
Kate

Sharon,

You are so right about the Equus performance. I got to see it last month and was blown away by Dan and the entire production. I’m getting to go again on Friday and looking forward to watching for more details that I may have missed as it’s so complex. I knew the play very well before going to see it but Thea (the director) has gotten so much more out of the written word. And all of the cast are tremendous.

And yes – quite obvious Anne is a Dangirl! But I love that about her. Given that – I wish it had been longer and that she had given him more time to talk. I did like the comparison Dan made about Harry and Alan. There is some validity in that. I always wondered why Harry didn’t seem more traumitzed by killing someone with his bare hands at the age of 11. Quite gruesome if you think about it.

Last – I wouldn’t object to naked interviews by Dan – but you know I’d only watch them for the discussion!

Posted by Kate on November 10, 2008, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

ROFLMAO, tim! I keep wondering why every single interview HAS to include a mention of HP. The world does not revolve by Patronus alone!

Posted by Confederate Lady on November 10, 2008, 03:24 PM report to moderator
radcakesfan

Vote for Dan in the People’s Choice Awards fave star under 35!

Posted by radcakesfan on November 10, 2008, 03:30 PM report to moderator
KB Prez

I saw Equus last weekend. WONDERFUL performances all around! Dan has grown so much as an actor. The story was VERY INTENSE. Dan did a beautiful job!!!!!

Posted by KB Prez on November 10, 2008, 04:08 PM report to moderator
Bee

I totally agree with Sharon’s post. I saw the play in September and was blown away by his and the other actors performances. They were awesome! This was my first play ever and I am so glad that I got a chance to see it! You can see how much Dan has grown in his acting and I just know that more wonderful parts are out there with his name on them. I never saw him as Harry Potter in the play; it was just Dan doing his very best performance in what he loves to do! We are so fortunate to have someone (Dan) that is quite versatile in the parts that he plays as well as the other actors that were in it. I will say that Richard Griffins was quite awesome himself in this play as well as all the others. He had the biggest part to play with more dialog than anyone other than Dan. He did an outstanding job! It does seem that all the reporters and most of the fans still think of the nudity scene which really doesn’t tell the story of the play. Once you see it, you will finally understand the part of the nudity but you really don’t notice it once you get ingrossed in the story. Outstanding play with outstanding actors! What more could anyone want!

Posted by Bee on November 10, 2008, 04:28 PM report to moderator
TYdy

Nice beard Dan

Posted by TYdy on November 10, 2008, 05:28 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I've not bin meself lately... Worried abou' Buckbeak, an' no one likin' me [br]classes --"[br]"We do like them!" lied Hermione at once.[br]"Yeah, they're great!" said Ron, crossing his fingers under the table.