ABC Family To Air Harry Potter Weekend in December

Movies
November 13, 2008, 09:49 AM

ABC Family is set to broadcast another special Harry Potter weekend movie marathon as part of their 25 Days of Christmas event December 5-7th. The cable station will broadcasting Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on Friday, December 5, with back to back showings of  Sorcerer's Stone, Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban on Saturday, December 6. Finally Sunday, December 7 will see a mini-marathon HP showing, starting with Chamber of Secrets, followed by Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire. In the past, these events are popular with fans due to the occasional inclusion of deleted scenes back in the broadcast versions of the films, and are often used to promote the newest Harry Potter movie. Please note, at this point we do not believe they will be showing any Half-Blood Prince footage, however it does remain possible, and we will update with more on this when we can.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

DLFlowers

First to comment
I love watching the Harry Potter movies on ABC Family because they include all of the deleted scenes in the movie, so you don’t have to watch the special feature disc to get those. I wish more movies would do that. I remeber when LOTRs first came out, and it said that it has deleted scenes and never before scenes. I watched it and was like, “OK were are the additional scenes” When I looked at the box, I realized that you have to put in the other disc.
Anyway, it good to watch a movie that has the deleted scenes added to the movie

Posted by DLFlowers on November 13, 2008, 10:08 AM report to moderator
nicci

I hope that they have the deleted scenes. Its too soon to hope for HBP scenes. Maybe around Easter but the release is too far off at this point.

Posted by nicci on November 13, 2008, 10:19 AM report to moderator
Kerri

did i miss something? why not show Order of the Phoenix too?

Posted by Kerri on November 13, 2008, 10:25 AM report to moderator
lunaluu

OOh! fun!

Posted by lunaluu on November 13, 2008, 10:58 AM report to moderator
Professor Cassandra

Ooh, I hope they promote HBP! I remember when they did that for OOtP… back in the good ol’ days before WB was evil. XD

Posted by Professor Cassandra on November 13, 2008, 11:31 AM report to moderator
Bandersnatch

“25 Days of Christmas”

I’m also looking forward to ABC Family’s “36 Days of Chanukah,” “47 Days of Diwali,” “59 Days of Kwanzaa,” and “364 Days of Festivus.”

Posted by Bandersnatch on November 13, 2008, 12:50 PM report to moderator
torn

it will be a couch potato weekend for me! LOL

Posted by torn on November 13, 2008, 01:01 PM report to moderator
Raymond

Where is the complete Harry Potter schedule on ABC Family’s 25 days of Christmas site? I can’t find all the showings mentioned in this post.

Posted by Raymond on November 13, 2008, 01:32 PM report to moderator
HPfan

I have a question for everyone. Why does the WB not allow the DVD the capability to add the deleted scences to the movie? I think its great how the ABC cable channel can add the deleted scenes to the movies. I bet more then half of the fans would see the movies with the deleted scenes if the had the ability to do it at home. Is the WB planning to allow the fans to add the deleted scenes after the series are done?

Posted by HPfan on November 13, 2008, 02:08 PM report to moderator
becca

FINALLY people realize what GOOD movies are!! lmao

Posted by becca on November 13, 2008, 02:16 PM report to moderator
Eeyore

I don’t know about Order of the Phoenix, but it’s still showing on HBO, so perhaps that’s the reason it isn’t available for ABC Family to show.

And yes, I agree with HPfan, I’d love to see all the movies with the deleted scenes actually added in. I would even buy the new DVDs if they would make them available.

Posted by Eeyore on November 13, 2008, 02:33 PM report to moderator
HP Teacher

I love Harry Potter weekends!!!! Can’t wait for a nice weekend of hot cocoa and grading papers in front of the tv!!!

Posted by HP Teacher on November 13, 2008, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

I wish a channel in the UK would bloody do something like this. ah well. Just looked down ABC’s schedule and there’s a movie titled “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” Wow, that sounds beyond ridiculous!

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on November 13, 2008, 04:35 PM report to moderator
lil con

I love watching these theya re so much fun and if they have scenes from HBP I will be so happy. I wish they would show OOTP though, that would make it even more awesome

Posted by lil con on November 13, 2008, 05:36 PM report to moderator
_||_

There will be no scenes/making of from HBP during the ABC screening. The “first look” at HBP is coming in March/April of next year through HBO.

However, there is going to be an HBP-related announcement in the first week of December, and later in December, a DH casting announcement is anticipated (negotiations are ongoing)

There will be no addition of deleted scenes for PoA & OotP. GoF might just have some scenes added.

Posted by _||_ on November 13, 2008, 08:06 PM report to moderator

"You know," said Ron, who's hair was on end because of all the times he had run his fingers through it in frustration, "I think it's back to the old Divination standby."[br]"What -- make it up?"[br]"Yeah," said Ron...