Emma Watson Updates Blog with "Deathly Hallows" Mention

Watson
November 05, 2008, 10:26 PM

A quick update tonight as actress Emma Watson has updated her official blog with news that she is doing some prep work for her next appearance in her role as Hermione Granger. Writing that she is trying to apply to universities, she is doing lots of reading, but notes "I keep getting distracted as I have started re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in preparation for the start of filming in February and can't put it down. Reading it for a second time has made it no less addictive."

Thanks to Snitchseeker and Emma Watson Official.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

hpboy13

Of course Emma – if anything, these books only get more addictive! First?

Posted by hpboy13 on November 05, 2008, 10:30 PM report to moderator
Tory

Lol, i can’t wait to see what University she get into. and yes of course, they only get more addictive the more you read them, how else could you explain everyone here!

Posted by Tory on November 05, 2008, 10:34 PM report to moderator
NuttyAsSP

Only the second time?

Hmmm, looks like everybody else’s comments are the same. Oh well.

Posted by NuttyAsSP on November 05, 2008, 10:54 PM report to moderator
Moody One

The books are my addiction! That’s what helped me quit smoking. Oh no, I think I replaced one for the other. I think I can live with that. lol

Posted by Moody One on November 05, 2008, 11:15 PM report to moderator
pottershrink

An HP actor who reads the books – YAY!

Posted by pottershrink on November 06, 2008, 12:03 AM report to moderator
Denny-Marie

I was surprized. only the second reading through of DH? Oh well, if she got straight As in A level i guess she couldnt just sit around rereading the books. Wish i could…serious revision time for me…

Posted by Denny-Marie on November 06, 2008, 03:19 AM report to moderator
Natalie

I don’t find it strange that she is just reading it for the 2nd time..
1st: Although I loved it and I personally think it’s the best of the series, and although I have read all the previous books many many times..I haven’t read it a 2nd time yet..The reason might be that I was a kid when the aothers were realesed and 20,last year when the last one came out, so as kid it was easier for me to re-read..now I’m a little bit bored to tell you the truth..
2nd: I think she had more important things to do this past year than re-read sth that she wound spend at least 9 months on..She has a life you know.. Not like all of us here that we spend our time on the net..(me included)
Anyway…I love it when I see an actor appreciating the big project he is part of..and being a fan..

Posted by Natalie on November 06, 2008, 04:47 AM report to moderator
Natalie

…grr…sorry for the typos…I was distracted by my dog!!
He is a puppy just 2 months old!!

Posted by Natalie on November 06, 2008, 04:49 AM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

I’ll agree with a PART of that, Natalie! She does have other things, “on her plate”, like school. As a “stay at home mom”, I am happy that she is that driven, in her schoolwork! [smart kid!] As for the “addiction”? It is VERY “mesmerizing”. One of those “once you start, you can’t put it down” things. It’s probably a huge distraction, for her other things. I know I am. I never seem to get “bored” though. [even with Internet Sessions LOL] I’m on the whole set, for the 4th time, “just because”! She appears to be quite a “fan” of HP, and that is not really surprising. She and ‘Hermione’ are very “similar”…..and it will be a great help to her, come February. She’s very dedicated….to her work AND School!

Posted by Confederate Lady on November 06, 2008, 07:26 AM report to moderator
Lucy

Confederate Lady, I am trying to find the hidden messages in the quotation marks… lol! I guess she isn’t applying to Oxbridge then, as those applications close in October, I think. Best of luck to her, anyway!

Posted by Lucy on November 06, 2008, 08:18 AM report to moderator
Weston

Lucy—-as I understand it, she has applied to Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Cambridge and at least one other Northeastern US College, either Barnard or Brown, if memory serves. All pretty high-powered!

Does anybody out there know what the current status of Betsy and Napoleon is? IMDB still lists Emma as Betsy, with production starting any time now. I wonder what the status of all that is.

Posted by Weston on November 06, 2008, 08:44 AM report to moderator
splinched

<3 Emma.

I’m on my 4th read and yes, it gets better cause you notice little things.

Posted by splinched on November 06, 2008, 09:00 AM report to moderator
Picazo

I am agld to hear that she actually read the books. most of the Actor havent even ready one of the series,I read the whole tseries twices already and wont mind doing it again. specially the 7th and last one.

Posted by Picazo on November 06, 2008, 09:14 AM report to moderator
Professor Potter

Conf lady, I’ll concur with Lucy, I’ve heard of meta-fiction but you’re introducing meta-comments! Hows funky, lol!

I also agree that DH is even more rewarding on second reading as we soak up the details and make the connections and clues that I could never grasp first time solely because the plot drove the pace of my reading at a frenetic rate first time round!

I disagree however with Natalie on the point of “fans” who reads the books more than once don’t have a life. Everyone has a life, and a life will be a dull one if you have nothing to be passionate about, idolise or geek on if you will. It could be anything from a being a Star wars fan to love of knitting, to spending hours on your make-up, to shopping, to stamp collecting. Look at me, I’m a stars wars fan, a JK Rowling fan, I got all colours of lightsabers, my girlfiiend left me, I got no kids…and wait, what point am I making here…?

Posted by Professor Potter on November 06, 2008, 09:44 AM report to moderator
Alice

It’s great that Emma reads the books, but I think sometimes us HP movie and book fans get carried away with idea that the actors need to be as big fans as we are.

They’re not Harry Potter fans; they’re actors. Only Evanna appears to be both. Obviously it is useful for them to do their research (and even more important for the filmmakers) but I don’t know why it should be seen as such a revelation if they haven’t read the books multiple times. It’s not a requirement of their work, and to be honest, for some of them, isn’t there a chance that HP might be the last thing they feel like reading when they spend most of the year, night and day, working on and promoting its films?

Posted by Alice on November 06, 2008, 10:05 AM report to moderator

"Kreacher is cleaning," the elf repeated. "Kreacher lives to serve the noble house of Black --"[br]"-- and it's getting blacker every day, it's filthy," said Sirius.