Rob Pattinson on the Cover of "Entertainment Weekly"

Pattinson
November 06, 2008, 05:47 PM

Attention Twilight fans! Be sure to check out the new edition of "Entertainment Weekly" due out tomorrow, which will feature three different covers. One just released, seen here on the EW website, sports a face well known to us here in the Harry Potter world: actor Robert Pattinson (Hufflepuff great Cedric Diggory) who is now starring in the soon-to-be-released Twilight film in the lead role of Edward Cullen. You can also see a high res image of the cover featuring a handsome Rob here in our galleries.  As readers will recall of course, Twilight will be released on November 21, the date that Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was to be in theaters until WB changed the date until July 17 of next year. Of the comparison between the books and films, EW notes:

The last thing the filmmakers behind Twilight want to hear is that their movie is the next Harry Potter. Sure, it occupies the release date once held by the boy wizard. But while the seven-book Potter series has sold 400 million copies and generated $4.5 billion in worldwide box office receipts, Twilight is working off a global fan base that has purchased only 17 million books. ''We're not even 5 percent of Potter sales. We're not even a toenail on that body,'' says director Catherine Hardwicke. ''Ours is a character film, a little more sophisticated teenage Romeo and Juliet.''

You can weigh in with your thoughts of the cover at EW, here. This issue of Entertainment Weekly will be available on newsstands tomorrow, Friday November 7.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Pattinson News

tory

wow, comparing twilight to romeo and juliet is a little generous. reading twilight gets me waaaay more depressed. its lack of storyline and character development is positivley tragic. its nice to get some proper props from the twilight universe though. it will NEVER compare to harry potter, and they need to respect that. RESPECT IT.

Posted by tory on November 06, 2008, 05:52 PM report to moderator
Kelly

“Ours is a character film, a little more sophisticated teenage Romeo and Juliet”

Wow, that’s a bit rich. More sophisticated than Shakespeare? Okay… right.

And why do people keep referring to “Twilight” as a character piece, as opposed to HP which is apparently… not? The biggest appeal of HP (for me), is not the plot, but the rich, unique, and well developed cast of characters. It’s a character piece as much as anything else.

Posted by Kelly on November 06, 2008, 05:57 PM report to moderator
KatetheKeeper

I can’t wait to see Twilight! It will never compare to Harry Potter though.

Posted by KatetheKeeper on November 06, 2008, 05:59 PM report to moderator
mollywobble

More sophisticated romeo and juliet? LoL. If you say so. It’s a teen romance novel. Let’s not go overboard.

Well, for Rob’s sake, I hope he gets nice reviews.

Posted by mollywobble on November 06, 2008, 06:02 PM report to moderator
matea

I was a really strong HP fan and I didn’t want to hear that Twilight is an afterPottersomething(whatever). but now when I’ve read the Twilight books I’ve become a huge fan. Robert is really great in it,and entire cast as well. One important difference between HP and TW is that TW movie is VERY truthfull to the book. I recomend to all HP fans here-read all 4+1 Twilight books and go watch the movie. I’m sure you’re gonna love it.
kisses from HP nad TW fan,Matea

Posted by matea on November 06, 2008, 06:02 PM report to moderator
Tori

I never thought he was all that exceptionally attractive as Cedric, but I’ve changed my opinion. I think he makes a pretty good vampire. I agree that the Twilight books aren’t that great of literature, but I still enjoy reading them and I think they’ll make a good movie. Harry Potter is just too big for movies, though Warner Brothers has managed pretty well.

Posted by Tori on November 06, 2008, 06:07 PM report to moderator
Linny

And so, the Shakespeare fans crawl out from under the woodwork lol.

I’m still undecided on whether or not to go see this film heh.

Posted by Linny on November 06, 2008, 06:08 PM report to moderator
mollywobble

Matea, are you saying you’ve seen the movie already?

Posted by mollywobble on November 06, 2008, 06:18 PM report to moderator
Crown Victoria

I’ ve read the Twilight series, cover looks good. Rob makes a good vampire. Glad to see Robert Patinsson getting some attention. But ive only been part of the Harry Potter fandom for 2 years. Can anyone tell me if the Harry Potter fans were as “overly enthusiastic” (some may say annoying) as the Twilight fans? Just curious. Im not making fun of Twilight, i do like the books. Im a fan to (but a bigger Hp fan)

Posted by Crown Victoria on November 06, 2008, 06:19 PM report to moderator
Amy Darlene

well technically…this one is based loosely on pride and prejudice…Meyer even mentions it in the book. and while a Harry fan may enjoy Twilight easily….their themes are totally different. Twilight is primarily a love story with supernatural people and Harry is a good vs. evil with some love going all around.. different approach… both easily likable… both in my ipod ok… all 11 actually.
so i will enjoy all that is Rob…. and I will run the Twilight event at my store next Saturday !!!!!! :) again… and as i tell people… yes, i love Edward…but i’ve been friends with Harry longer.

Posted by Amy Darlene on November 06, 2008, 06:21 PM report to moderator
Moody One

I can’t wait until the movie comes out. I hope it sticks with the book.

Posted by Moody One on November 06, 2008, 06:37 PM report to moderator
Christine

Wow. Romeo and Juliet? That’s ridiculous. I`m not even going to talk about this overrated book, it might get me into trouble. Hah. So I`ll leave it at this: Twilight is not even 1/100th of Harry Potter.

HP FTW! <3

Posted by Christine on November 06, 2008, 06:44 PM report to moderator
Audrey

Romeo & Juliet is weak compared to Shakespeare’s other works, but to call Twilight “a bit more sophisticated” is sheer lulz-worthy.

On a different note, Rob Pattinson is a stud-muffin.

Posted by Audrey on November 06, 2008, 07:10 PM report to moderator
steph

A sophisticated Romeo and Juliet? Seriously??? lol.

Jeez, even the sound bites for this franchise are terrible. I guess it’s to be expected. There’s only so many way to polish a…Oh, I won’t finish that. ;)

Posted by steph on November 06, 2008, 07:30 PM report to moderator
Jordan

I’m going to see Twilight during the mid-night premier…dressed in my Harry Potter costume!!! It’ll be fun to see people’s reactions!

Posted by Jordan on November 06, 2008, 07:34 PM report to moderator

"Hermione," said Ron sharply, "if you want to know what grades we got, ask."[br]"I don't -- I didn't mean -- well, if you want to tell me --"[br]"I got a P," said Ron... "Happy?"[br]"Well, that's nothing to be ashamed of," said Fred... "Nothing wrong with