David Thewlis Talks Harry Potter Films in New Interview

Thewlis Interviews
Posted by: Edward
November 07, 2008, 05:21 PM

Actor David Thewlis (Remus Lupin) sat down with TV station KTLA in Los Angeles, California to discuss his upcoming film "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" and spoke briefly about the Harry Potter films.  While not much new information was given in the interview, video of which can be viewed right here, Mr. Thewlis does discuss the reasons for "Half-Blood Prince" being pushed back to next summer, the atmosphere around the Harry Potter set, dealing with wands, and the upcoming "Deathly Hallows" filming.  The interview continues with the actor speaking about "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" and previewing a clip from that film.

Many thanks to TLC reader Abby.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Thewlis Interviews News

Hermione Weasley

Cool. New intervews!!!

First comment??

Posted by Hermione Weasley on November 07, 2008, 05:25 PM report to moderator
Jordan

I really want to see “The Boy in the Striped Pajamas”…it looks great!

Posted by Jordan on November 07, 2008, 05:52 PM report to moderator
Agatha_Mars

I’m a bit miffed, another movie I want to see is shown in limited areas. It’s not in my neighborhood. :(

But I do enjoy hearing what the Adult Potter actors are doing in-between films.

Posted by Agatha_Mars on November 07, 2008, 06:09 PM report to moderator
brooke

When he started talking about the werewolf thing and the woman said “we have a clip” I thought she meant of the HBP film!
Shame
But The Boy in the Striped Pajamas looks fab

Posted by brooke on November 07, 2008, 06:13 PM report to moderator
remipau

Great actor for one of my favorite characters !
I hope that, contrary to the book, they’ll show his death scene in the last movie and Tonks too, it could be so dramatic.

Posted by remipau on November 07, 2008, 07:15 PM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

Me too Brooke, I nearly fell off my chair!

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on November 07, 2008, 07:42 PM report to moderator
Abby

Yay TLC! It was posted! I captured it for you guys so I’m glad it wasn’t lost. It’s so funny when he was talking about having coffee with Dumbledore and Snape. BTW, KTLA is a channel associated with WB so it was great he was completely honest about the reasons of HBP being push back. I’m sure he was a bit frustrated with it as well.

Posted by Abby on November 07, 2008, 09:59 PM report to moderator
potterfreak73

I think it’s cool to hear what the actor’s do with themselves between HP films too! What I don’t understand is why so many people who like hearing about any other movie/project that actors are doing is great…except for Twilight. Honestly, it’s just another project as well! We got a lot of news about Rupert and Emma’s stuff and Equus, Mamma Mia…need I say more…just without the anger and defensiveness that HP fans are throwing around when it comes to Twilight! Why can’t there be another series of books that people will enjoy? Nothing will ever compare to HP of course, but the world must continue to evolve…

Posted by potterfreak73 on November 07, 2008, 10:10 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix's parole officer

I recommend everyone read the book ‘Boy in the Striped Pjamas’. Its very good.

Posted by Bellatrix's parole officer on November 07, 2008, 11:27 PM report to moderator
Lambada

Wait… the wands are just chopsticks?!?!

BLASPHEMY!!!!

:P

Posted by Lambada on November 08, 2008, 05:50 AM report to moderator
jenn

scary interviewers??
was annoying me when they started talking over the end of his answers >:( :L
but david rocks! hes an awesome actor!!!

Posted by jenn on November 08, 2008, 06:53 AM report to moderator
littlestar

While his reason for the movie being pushed back sounds like something a big business would do, I still think the reason is because WB didn’t want their star appearing naked on broadway at the release of the HBP.

Posted by littlestar on November 08, 2008, 09:02 AM report to moderator
Geoff

I’d be a lot older than most of you. I just wanted to say how David Thewlis evoked the spririt of great British actors of the past in the Prisoner of Azkaban, I’m pretty sure it was intentional. I suppose it was what the director wanted, Got me drawn into the plot, though.

Posted by Geoff on November 08, 2008, 09:57 AM report to moderator
kamion

quote:
Wait… the wands are just chopsticks?!?!

BLASPHEMY!!!!

:P

Posted by Lambada on November 08, 2008, 05:50 AM

hehe, David even stays polite, the wands used by the actors are NOT of the nice quality Noble Collection sells, they are cheap rubber casts that break and loose skin all over the time.
Dan Radcliffe told in on of the intervieuws that Devon Murruy had the record of breaking them.

Posted by kamion on November 08, 2008, 01:00 PM report to moderator
Julian

OMG! I love David Thewlis! Good interview, Boy in the Striped Pajamas looks great.

And I can’t wait to see HBP!:)

Posted by Julian on November 11, 2008, 10:35 AM report to moderator

It took a long time to persuade Hermione to leave the bathroom. Moaning Myrtle sped them on their way with a hearty guffaw. "Wait till everyone finds out you've got a [i]tail[/i]!"