New Video: Dan Radcliffe Talks HBP Delay, Filming Deathly Hallows Epilogue and More (Updated)

DH Film
December 01, 2008, 09:07 PM

E Online has released new video of an interview with actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), who makes new comments regarding the delay of the release of Half-Blood Prince and more. Of note are Dan's remarks on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films, where he states again he has not yet read the scripts, but after speaking to someone who has read them, he now has "high hopes" for the film and in particular the ending. On the matter of the epilogue, Dan does specifically discuss the possibility of the trio playing themselves aged by 19 years. Update: We now have this interview for viewing and download here in our galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

AnaWeasley

thanks for the link
although I hope the trio do not portray themselves for the “19 years later” it would be so awkard.

Posted by AnaWeasley on December 01, 2008, 09:14 PM report to moderator
whim

If the trio don’t portray themselves in the epilogue I’m gonna walk out.

Posted by whim on December 01, 2008, 09:19 PM report to moderator
Jordan

I LOVE Dan

Posted by Jordan on December 01, 2008, 09:24 PM report to moderator
maestra2

Be sure to catch the Inside the Actor’s Studio interview, too, tonight – sorry, Central Time Zone, it’s over, but it was just excellent!

Posted by maestra2 on December 01, 2008, 09:28 PM report to moderator
Bandersnatch

AnaWeasley and whim have cancelled themselves out with their comments, so YAY! First post!

Good to hear the rumor debunked about Dan’s schedule being “the real reason” for bumping HBP.

Posted by Bandersnatch on December 01, 2008, 09:28 PM report to moderator
Geekboy

Very good interview. Talking the DH movie almost makes you forget that HBP is a bit a ways yet. Almost.

Posted by Geekboy on December 01, 2008, 09:33 PM report to moderator
Bandersnatch

(Actually, I don’t give a pair of fetid dingo’s kidneys about “first to post.” Which is good thing, seeing as Jordan and maestra2 squeezed in there.)

I have no idea how I’d like the Epilogue done. I liked it in the book, but figured it might not make it into the films at all since it is sort of superfluous to the main plot. But if I heard Dan Radcliffe correctly, it is in the script (though that is no guarantee of avoiding the editor’s razor). So we’ll see what ends up happening.

Posted by Bandersnatch on December 01, 2008, 09:34 PM report to moderator
Geekboy

Oh, and I do very much hope that the actors do play thierolder selves in the epilogue. It seems like it would be easier to age someone than to make an older someone else resemble, for example, Dan, and not create a feeling of disconnect with the viewers.

Posted by Geekboy on December 01, 2008, 09:36 PM report to moderator
Thio

I hope the trio portray de epilogue… though I don’t feel too confident about this choice. But I think it’s gotta be them… If it works or not, I’l just judge after seeing it.

And I think we may see the teaser trailer of Deathly Hallows in the movie theaters just before the Half Blood Prince movie… =p
That would be kind of cool/strange…… coolrange!! Or strool…

… I’m tired.

Posted by Thio on December 01, 2008, 09:39 PM report to moderator
nancyP

I do hope that Bonnie Wright will also be able to play Ginny & Tom Felton as Draco at the end. THAT would make m feel a WHOLE lot better.

Posted by nancyP on December 01, 2008, 09:40 PM report to moderator
tinagin

It will be interesting to see how they handle the epilogue in the movie. I am less worried about the physical transformation, though, it will be a challenge to get it right. All three are talented actors, and as great an actor Dan, I wonder if he will be able to pull off being paternal. That part of the book is highlighted by the exchange between Harry and Albus,and we get a poignany glimpse of what Harry is like as a father. Even with the impressive range he has already, I worry that he has no frame of reference to draw from, though he obviously has a great cadre of mentors to consult with. I just view this as potentially one of the biggest stretches he will have to make as an actor and I look forward to see how he rises to this challenge.

Posted by tinagin on December 01, 2008, 09:41 PM report to moderator
iheartpink

i couldn’t get the clip to play (i hate technology!!), but anyway… i love the trio and think they r all amazing actors, but i can’t see them playing the epilogue. i always imagined the older versions to be in their 30’s or a least matured adults. i know the actors are going to be in their 20’s when dh comes out and there’s always movie makeup, but still i think actual adults should play the roles.

Posted by iheartpink on December 01, 2008, 09:59 PM report to moderator
Christine

I seriously hope they play themselves. I don’t want the last scene of Harry Potter to be someone else! The magical trio forever!!

Posted by Christine on December 01, 2008, 10:01 PM report to moderator
rosalie

I really want Dan, Rupert, Emma, Bonnie and Tom to be used in the epilogue, and not other actors. I’m glad it seems like if they do film it, they’re going to use them.

Posted by rosalie on December 01, 2008, 10:03 PM report to moderator
Michele

I agree with Christine-we can not have Harry Potter end with anyone other than Dan, Rupert, Emma, Bonnie and Tom. What a shame that would be to end with new actors that we have not seen before being our beloved Harry and crew. If the movie people can Brad Pitt into a very old man for his next movie then they sure can age these guys from 20 somethings to 30 somethings very easily.

Posted by Michele on December 01, 2008, 10:21 PM report to moderator

They could hear people complaining; one surly voice said, "I can't see no gas..."[br]"That's because it's colorless," said Ginny in a convincingly exasperated voice, "but if you want to walk through it, carry on, then we'll have your body as proof for the

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014