PotterCast Emceeing Bryn Mawr Yule Ball with Moaning Myrtles, Mudbloods, Whompy and Ministry!

Wizard Rock
Posted by: Melissa
December 01, 2008, 11:06 AM

If you're anywhere near Philadelphia this Saturday, December 6, hie thee to the Bryn Mawr Yule Ball, a fantastic Wizard Rock Holiday concert at which The Moaning Myrtles, The Whomping Willows, Ministry of Magic, and The Mudbloods will be playing. All four PotterCasters will be in attendance as we shall serve as the night's emcees! It's also taking place in a Great Hall, people. Best of all?

It's FREE!

Get out your Yule Ball dresses and party suits, and we'll see you there for some fun with friends, music and holiday cheer.

All the details about the event (as well as a chance to RSVP, though you don't technically need to) are right here on the event's Facebook page.

It is at 8 p.m., Saturday, December 6, in the Thomas Great Hall at Bryn Mawr College:
101 North Merion Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA
Click here for a map!
Directions and more at the Facebook page.

This is just one of several announcements about events this week so STAY TUNED! (The all-caps was worth it.)

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Wizard Rock News

Rachael

YES! I am sooo excited for this. I can’t wait to see you guys there :D

Posted by Rachael on December 01, 2008, 11:34 AM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

The top of the Ministry of Magic’s my space page is so cool

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on December 01, 2008, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Mhm.

Aw man, now I’m gonna have to find a bus there… =)

Posted by Mhm. on December 01, 2008, 11:52 AM report to moderator
Economrs.

Ahh!! That’s just down the street from me! Ahh!
Though to be honest, a young mom toting around a seven-month-old really would get some strange looks. I could ditch the baby with my husband, but who goes to these things by themselves? Hmmm. I might just think about you guys and how cool it would be to go, but then just stay home.

Posted by Economrs. on December 01, 2008, 12:37 PM report to moderator
cool

yessss!!! I love you all from the bottom of my heart. I´m so happy. I can´t wait to see all of you guys at this great event.

Posted by cool on December 01, 2008, 02:16 PM report to moderator
RosieWeasley

NO FAIR!! Wish I could go!!! Economrs, if you have a chance to go, go! Find a babysiter, bring the kid and dont`stay long, but you chouldn`t pass up a chance liek this!!

Posted by RosieWeasley on December 01, 2008, 02:21 PM report to moderator
Molly

I am so coming! I am beyond excited to see Moaning Myrtles and Whompy again, and to see Ministry for the first time!! I haven’t really listened to The Mudbloods before, but I am always up for new music.

If I bring my Harry, A History book, will you sign it, Melissa?

Posted by Molly on December 01, 2008, 03:20 PM report to moderator
DeliaDee

Don’t fret, Economrs. I plan on going by myself. Have no fear. There are always new friends to meet. If you go and see an odd 42 year old redhead all by herself, come over and say hi. It will be me. :)

Posted by DeliaDee on December 01, 2008, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Carol Carvalho

Economrs,
Are you kidding? You should totally go by yourself and have blast!!! I wish I lived close by… i would leave the kids with daddy and GO!!!

I hope everyone has a great time and then post some videos for us!

Posted by Carol Carvalho on December 01, 2008, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Larface

MUST GO MUST GO MUST GO!!! Dah! It sounds totaly and completely full of win!

Posted by Larface on December 01, 2008, 05:36 PM report to moderator
llol

man i wanna go (i dont live anywhere near philly)

Posted by llol on December 01, 2008, 05:39 PM report to moderator
KT

Hmmm…I work at the College. Might have to attend!

Posted by KT on December 01, 2008, 05:52 PM report to moderator
Melissa

Molly, of course I’ll sign it, it would be 100 percent my pleasure! And Economrs you have no idea how often I see moms with their kids at Wizard Rock shows! And if you come yourself just come say hi to us and w’ell introduce you to some nice Potter fans and get you set up for the night! Don’t miss it!

Posted by Melissa on December 01, 2008, 06:08 PM report to moderator
(The) Hufflepuff Giraffe

Oh, I really wish I lived nearby. Hmph. Well, have fun and tell us all about it!

Posted by (The) Hufflepuff Giraffe on December 01, 2008, 06:58 PM report to moderator
To close for words

I’m sorry, did you like read my diary? This is like a dream come true. I have been squeeing all night. TOOOO EXCITED FOR WORDS. I am so buying a new copy of Harry a History so you can sign it and I can put it in a plastic bag for the rest of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!! TO COOL!!!!!!!!

Posted by To close for words on December 01, 2008, 07:17 PM report to moderator

"Interesting effect," said George, looking down at Crabbe. "Who used the Furnunculus Curse?"[br]"Me," said Harry.[br]"Odd," said George lightly. "I used Jelly-Legs. Looks as though those two shouldn't be mixed. He seems to have sprouted little tentacles a