World Premiere of Rupert Grint's "Cherrybomb" Due at Berlin Film Festival in February

Grint
December 17, 2008, 02:38 PM

The world premiere Cherrybomb, the new film starring Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) will be held at the prestigious Berlin Film Festival in February of next year. According to a press release, the film will be screening in the Generation category, however no specific screening date or ticket information is yet available. We will update with more on that when we can. Berlinale will take place February 5 -12, 2009 in Berlin, Germany.

Thanks much Stephanie and our Order partner RupertGrint.net!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

brittany

yay! for rupes…. i wish i could go.. but theres no chance of that though seeing as i liv in the US.. but i’m sure this movie will do good.. cant wait to see it !

Posted by brittany on December 17, 2008, 02:42 PM report to moderator
m.a boon

Good to see a young actor with acting talent getting the chance of recognition through that rather than celebrity. Look forward to seeing the movie.

Posted by m.a boon on December 17, 2008, 02:52 PM report to moderator
Penny

This is going to be amazing! I hope he attends and wins big with this new movie!!!

Posted by Penny on December 17, 2008, 03:26 PM report to moderator
wickedjo

ICM got this posted first and sent it to you guys right away, so do the right thing and CREDIT ICM instead, for god’s sake. :(

Posted by wickedjo on December 17, 2008, 03:36 PM report to moderator
Sue

I think it’s terrible that you don’t credit the correct source for your news. I know RG.net is your order partner but if you look on their site and see their Rupert Wire News you will see that ICM is the correct source. Give credit where credit is due.

Posted by Sue on December 17, 2008, 05:18 PM report to moderator
AJWC1

This is good news. I’m really hoping for a showing at the Tribeca Film Festival and that Rupert will go like he did with DL, that was fun!!!

Posted by AJWC1 on December 17, 2008, 05:38 PM report to moderator
teddy bear

Are they going to show it in the United States.

Posted by teddy bear on December 17, 2008, 05:45 PM report to moderator
Angie

great Rupert news!! so when will the movie be available in theatres?? I need to see this movie so badly, those pictures of Rupert wearing a suit are hot!

Posted by Angie on December 17, 2008, 06:04 PM report to moderator
EruditeWitch

If you go to ICM…which was the first site to break the story…you’ll see some pictures of him and his friends from the set too.

This is excellent. Rupert’s film is an independent Irish film by a renowned director. I was hoping it would break out first in festivals so it can get some buzz before doing international publicity. And these festivals allow it time to pick out which distribution company they would like to go with, instead of going with anyone.

2009 is so the Year of the Grint!!! Who else has three movies coming out in one year, two of which are star studded and one with a renowned director? I made that phrase up, so you can go ahead and blame me! Because it is the Year of the Grint!

Posted by EruditeWitch on December 17, 2008, 06:23 PM report to moderator
Alice

clears throat

Um, Sam, I believe it was I who posted something like “2009 will be the year of Grint”, and you added the “the” to make it more catchy and decided it should be our slogan. So it was kind of a combined effort. :D

So yeah, I’ll take the blame too. XD

Posted by Alice on December 17, 2008, 06:43 PM report to moderator
BonnieRadcliffe

I’M GOING TO BE IN GERMANY IN FEBRUARY!! =D But not in Berlin =( Now I think of it, I don’t know why I’ve gotten so happy after knowing that the film premieres in Germany when I’m going to be in that country, if I’m not going to be in the same city!! XD

Posted by BonnieRadcliffe on December 17, 2008, 07:12 PM report to moderator
Jennifer

Wow guys, does it really matter who posted it first? News is news, is it not? Take your drama elsewhere. Leaky doesn’t deserve you crazy Rupert fans.

Posted by Jennifer on December 18, 2008, 11:17 AM report to moderator
m.a boon

This world doesn’t deserve idiots with nothing positive to say either but hey, that’s life. Once again good luck to Rupert with this movie.

Posted by m.a boon on December 18, 2008, 12:27 PM report to moderator
Callisto Lamia

Maybe I should go to the Berlinale again next year, have attend some films before over the past 10 years…. I live just around the corner and I will be in Berlin a lot during February anyway (NoPotter event). Hey, Rupert, why don’t you come over to the FEZ while in Berlin and pay us all a visit, there will be about 1000 Potter fans in one place, how about you right in the middle? ;)

Posted by Callisto Lamia on December 18, 2008, 04:31 PM report to moderator
nancy

cool! I look forward to seeing this movie!

Posted by nancy on December 18, 2008, 05:48 PM report to moderator

Harry seized one of the [i]POTTER REALLY STINKS[/i] badges off the table and chucked it, as hard as he could, across the room. It hit Ron on the forehead and bounced off.[br]"There you go," Harry said. "Something for you to wear on Tuesday. You might even