Whimsic Alley Announces Beedle Midight Plans, Leaky Coupon

Books
Posted by: Melissa
December 02, 2008, 02:53 PM

Whimsic Alley, the Harry Potter merchandise store in Santa Monica, CA, is having a midnight Beedle the Bard event tomorrow evening: the part starts at 10pm and will have refreshments, games, contests, readings and special guests. The book goes on sale at midnight, and admission is free. George Beahm, author of Muggles and Magic and Fact, Ficton and Folklore in Harry Potter's World, will be in attendance and autographing his books. Five time Hugo award winning illustrator and former Disney Imagineer Tim Kirk will be carcaturing attendees for a fee, and has donated a special piece of artwork for a raffle. Professor Caliebrant will be on hand to entertain and demonstrate magic charms and transfiguration: Other guests are to be announced.

Also, for Leaky readers who don't live in the area, Whimsic Alley is offering a 15 percent discount on its stock: visit WhimsicAlley.com and use the code "leakywa08" when you check out. The offer is good through 12/23, and excludes shipping and gift cards.

Whimsic Alley is at 2717 ½ Wilshire Blvd. in Santa Monica, CA 90403.  For more information, you can call 310-453-2370.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

SpiceQueen

I wish I lived in CA…so far I havent heard of anything going on in Las Vegas!

Posted by SpiceQueen on December 02, 2008, 03:01 PM report to moderator
Professor Potter

Well I hope everyone has a good night tomorrow to whoever is attending a midnight party. I will be at one in Picaddilly, London. There’s a costume contest at my one too but I dont have any costume. I got a Harry Potter wand somewhere, though so I’ll take that and do some swishing and swashing with it!

Posted by Professor Potter on December 02, 2008, 03:04 PM report to moderator
Courtney

i love you, Whimsic Alley. we need one of your shops in Florida.

Posted by Courtney on December 02, 2008, 03:34 PM report to moderator
George Beahm

I just wanted to add a “PS” to anyone who will be coming. I’ve printed up some color Giclee prints of the original cover to FACT, FICTION AND FOLKLORE that was not used by the publisher—they only used a portion of it. Tim will be signing these and giving them away randomly as door prizes—we have about 40 of these, so we hope some of the regulars at The Leaky Cauldron stop by and pick them up. (Tim will, if you ask him nicely and he’s not overwhelmed with other requests, do a small sketch on the print.)

Posted by George Beahm on December 02, 2008, 04:07 PM report to moderator
Calum  Wilson

Oh man I’ve always wanted to go to that shop but I live in Scotland and I doubt I could convince my mum or dad to take me to america for a HP shop. Darn help me!! LOL

Posted by Calum Wilson on December 02, 2008, 05:04 PM report to moderator
llol

gosh, theres no parties near me!!!

Posted by llol on December 02, 2008, 07:02 PM report to moderator
dumbledore

YESSSSSS! I live in CA, not that far from Santa Monica!!!!!!!!

Posted by dumbledore on December 03, 2008, 01:29 AM report to moderator
Elyzie

Aww, I would totally go if I still lived there! I miss you so much, Whimsic Alley! sniffles

Posted by Elyzie on December 03, 2008, 01:42 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"You know, the Stone was really not such a wonderful thing. As much money and life as you could want! The two things most human beings would choose above all -- the trouble is, humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for t