Dan Radcliffe's Harry Potter Character to Wear Belstaff Couture

Radcliffe
December 23, 2008, 12:04 PM

New York Magazine is reporting today actor Dan Radcliffe will be sporting some nice attire in his role of Harry Potter in an upcoming Potter film. The magazine (via WWD) reports that "Harry Potter is going high fashion. Belstaff is designing the wizard costume for Daniel Radcliffe for the next Harry Potter film. Because even fictional caped wizards need to be well dressed."

It is unclear if the clothing is for Half-Blood Prince, possibly for Slughorn's party scene or for use in Deathly Hallows. Belstaff has done costumes for many major motion pictures in the past, including the recent Indiana Jones, Oceans Thirteen, Sweeney Todd, and provided clothes for stylish lead actor Christian Bale in the Batman film series.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

BellaSnape

Oh for Gods Sake guys- lighten up. I agree that this will come in handy when designing costumes for the Wedding, which from the sound of it , is going to happen between to people for sure. Two movies come on we deserve a Wizard Wedding! From the pictures I have seen of Slughorns Party some of the outfits look really classy and pretty so who knows they could have contributed to that scene as well as others who knows. Maybe they can fix the Look of Narcissa, I dont mind it she just needs to look a little more classier and Richer- really flaunt her husbands money. I dont think it would be used for the funeral unless in this time they made us wait they went back and put it in. People at the screening said it was left out. And I BETTER see alot of Alan Rickman in HBP and DH. Oh Helena as Bellatrix too.

Posted by BellaSnape on December 23, 2008, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Unknown_Alias

Geekboy_Matt, I like that idea.
: )

Posted by Unknown_Alias on December 23, 2008, 03:16 PM report to moderator
z

Harry and the other 2 are in rags for the most part of DH, even in the wedding Harry is pretending to be some fat Weasley-far-relative, when exactly would he be concerned about fashion?! And since when has Harry heard about fashion in the first place?!

Posted by z on December 23, 2008, 03:26 PM report to moderator
ali-son!

Hey, maybe he and Voldy could be twinsies! They could get some snazzy matching suits…

Posted by ali-son! on December 23, 2008, 03:53 PM report to moderator
hambro

It’s definanetly for for the dh film, I know this because I work on the Belstaff Online Workshop, and I’m a huge harry potter fan. I’ve heard it’s going to be for a few scenes and the deathly hallows film their trying to make everything look really good. Can’t wait!

Posted by hambro on December 23, 2008, 04:03 PM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

Its just a costume relax people, I highly doubt were going to be seeing Harry wearing labels in the last movie

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on December 23, 2008, 04:22 PM report to moderator
radcakesfan

oh! What about it is for the evil harry/hermione scene! wouldn’t that just be so delicious? They’re supposed to look super hot! Whoohoo! prays

Posted by radcakesfan on December 23, 2008, 04:30 PM report to moderator
radcakesfan

Oops, sorry geekboy, didn’t read your comment!

Posted by radcakesfan on December 23, 2008, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Tyler

@ The Lady Radcliffe….they have NOT said that there will be no wedding in DH, so you shouldn’t make that assumption…although you’re right about the funeral, so it’s definitely not a costume for that scene haha.
I think the wedding will be in DH, although perhaps not between Bill and Fluer (but they could still use them as well….no biggie just having Ron be like, “guess what?! my bro is getting married!!”)

Posted by Tyler on December 23, 2008, 04:39 PM report to moderator
Hairy Hearted

If the Belstaff clothes are for the wedding scene, surely it will be another actor wearing them as he attends the wedding looking like some Weasley relative. Maybe I need to reread to check this though…

Posted by Hairy Hearted on December 23, 2008, 04:49 PM report to moderator
EruditeWitch

Oh I see….I thought this was for HBP since they said “The Next HP Film”. The only time Harry would be wearing couture is at the wedding. And that’s full of crap because Harry is in someone else’s body.

OH WAIT!!!!!!!

What if it’s when he polyjuices into Runcorn and changes back? That would definitely warrant high fashion!!

And the Evil Kiss will probably CGI to add in all of the effects they are going to need to create two smoky, red eyed, terrible bodies coming out of a tiny locket.

Posted by EruditeWitch on December 23, 2008, 04:56 PM report to moderator
ErudtiteWitch

Or when he transforms into Bellatrix’s rich friend to break into Gringotts!

Posted by ErudtiteWitch on December 23, 2008, 05:06 PM report to moderator
Beth A

I really doubt that they will have Harry in coutour… they are just designing the costumes. Probably for the wedding. And I would not assume that every occurence in the book that has any of the trio pollyjuiced, that they’ll do that in the film. That would be far too much screen time with other actors doing the parts of our favorites.

I see them either leaving out the polyjuice bits (not the actual scene, just that they’re polyjuiced), or somehow allowing us (the audience) to see the real actor, while they make it obvious that the other characters see the polyjuiced version (no idea how they’d do that). The only exception for me would be the scene where Herms turns herself into Bellatrix. That scene would be awesome with HBC.

Posted by Beth A on December 23, 2008, 05:16 PM report to moderator
gaminette

@bellasnape: <<<Maybe they can fix the Look of Narcissa, I dont mind it she just needs to look a little more classier and Richer- really flaunt her husbands money.>>>

I think they based Narcissa’s look on Daphne Guinness [http://community.livejournal.com/blackcigarette/908562.html] – the hair anyway. ^_~

Posted by gaminette on December 23, 2008, 05:30 PM report to moderator
EruditeWitch

I agree with you, Beth! That would be awesome. And you’re right, they may not want to hire other actors…except for HBC! But the scenes aren’t all that long, so you never know.

You know how in “A movie I can’t remember at all” we see Chris Rock, but they see the old white guy? We could see that done in HP too. And that would mean putting the trio in some designer robes.

Posted by EruditeWitch on December 23, 2008, 05:32 PM report to moderator

Trying to answer a question with Hermione next to him, bobbing up and down on the balls of her feet with her hand in the air, was very off-putting...

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014