Dan Radcliffe Talks "Equus," Getting Back to Harry Potter, and More in New Interview

Radcliffe Interviews
Posted by: Edward
December 27, 2008, 11:36 PM

A new interview appeared online from TheaterMania featuring actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) discussing his role in the play Equus and of returning to the Harry Potter films early next year.  The interview features Mr. Radcliffe commenting on the work ethic that his parents instilled in him which lead to his not yet missing a performance of the play on Broadway.  The interview continues with Mr. Radcliffe discussing the transition back into Harry Potter once his Broadway run concludes.  The young actor says the following of transition back into the role when filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows begins:

"As soon as I put those glasses on, and as soon as I get back on that set, it's going to be like, 'Yeah, okay, here I am again.' ...  Harry, by now, is a character that I am very, very comfortable with.  And there is a lot of myself in Harry, so it shouldn't be too hard to transition back to."
The interview concludes with talk of Mr. Radcliffe's Equus costars, the recent Gypsy of the Year performance, a possible future of musical theater, a return to Broadway after Harry Potter, and New Years' resolutions.  In regards to his resolution for 2009, Mr. Radcliffe states:
"To make the next Potter film the best its ever been and to work harder on it than I ever have before.  Even though I've worked hard before, I want to make it even better."
The full interview can be seen via this link.

Thanks to Stacie.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Martinus

Yeah, this is true, because 54 weeks will be longer and harder work. But I think they should be proud to themself. I wish good luck to cast and crew.

Posted by Martinus on December 28, 2008, 11:18 AM report to moderator
sl

I think by the “blue eye thing” Confederate Lady mentions is that in some interviews and photos, Dan Radcliffe has extremely radiant blue eyes. They just kind of leap out at you. By the way – I also saw in the theater news that he won Broadway.com’s Star of the Year – congratulations. In the interview on that site, they asked a number of Broadway stars what their New Year’s resolutions were and Dan again said it was to make the next Harry Potter film the best ever. Just what I want to hear!

Posted by sl on December 28, 2008, 12:01 PM report to moderator
mollywobble

Confederate Lady, I agree minor characters won’t be announced until much later. However, if the Xeno’s scene is kept in, I can’t imagine he’d be considered a minor character. We were hearing rumors of who was playing young Tom Riddle months before the filming of HBP. I’m just saying I’m surprised we’ve heard such little news about the film, considering it starts filming a couple months from now.

Posted by mollywobble on December 28, 2008, 12:58 PM report to moderator
Will

“In the interview on that site, they asked a number of Broadway stars what their New Year’s resolutions were and Dan again said it was to make the next Harry Potter film the best ever”

That’s nice to hear, but with Steve Kloves writing I can’t see that happening. He’ll find a way to totally misinterpret the trio (especially Hermione) again.

Posted by Will on December 28, 2008, 03:01 PM report to moderator
Dumbledores man through and through!

I will be so pissed off if they mess up the movies again. Do u think Dan can convince Emma and Rupert to work harder also?

Posted by Dumbledores man through and through! on December 28, 2008, 07:31 PM report to moderator
Miriam

I don’t think kloves has any bearing on how commited dan will be. As to rupert and emma, i’m sure they have good work ethics but i’ve never heard them comment on this. It will be a tougher shoot for them as they’ll be in it almost as much as dan, they’ll have to keep up. It is emma i’m worried about, she’s ruined so many scenes for me.

Posted by Miriam on December 28, 2008, 10:58 PM report to moderator
Miriam

Posted by Miriam on December 28, 2008, 10:58 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix's parole officer

Nice. We want you to work hard to Dan.

Posted by Bellatrix's parole officer on December 29, 2008, 08:00 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix's parole officer

Miriam – what scenes has emma disappointed you in? I dont mind her really. I think it will be tough for her to be ‘mushy’ towards rupert as they seem friends in real life. I’m really looking forward to Tom Felts giving the performance of his life in 6 & 7. Also – love the Neville.

Posted by Bellatrix's parole officer on December 29, 2008, 08:03 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix's parole officer

I hope Ginny steps up to the plate. She has been a disappointment to me (acting wise) mind you she hasnt been given hardly any script to work with – they are so focused on the trio.

Posted by Bellatrix's parole officer on December 29, 2008, 08:05 AM report to moderator
Miriam

Bellatrix, most scenes in which emma has had exposition in films 4&5, she is overly emphatic and dramatic when it’s not necessary. Her opening scene in hp5 was terrible and there are many others. So i’m a little worried, even in ballet shoes she was weak.

Posted by Miriam on December 29, 2008, 02:22 PM report to moderator
Will

“I don’t think kloves has any bearing on how commited dan will be”

I never claimed otherwise. However, a bad script (which is what destroyed PoA and GoF) means a ruined movie, and no commitment from the actors can change that.

Posted by Will on December 29, 2008, 04:04 PM report to moderator
Miriam

Will, POA was the most critically acclaimed of the series, you may not like it but a lot of people do. Perhaps you should differentiate between a bad film and a film you dislike. If you don’t like the films then don’t watch.

Posted by Miriam on December 29, 2008, 07:03 PM report to moderator
Miriam

Posted by Miriam on December 29, 2008, 07:03 PM report to moderator
Miriam

Posted by Miriam on December 29, 2008, 07:06 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"[Snape] tells me he knows a tiny little bit about dueling himself and has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration before we begin. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry -- you'll still have your Potions master when I'm through