New High Res "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" CineLive Photos

Movies
December 30, 2008, 07:54 PM

Thanks to WB for sending over these glorious high res photos from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince as seen in CineLive magazine. Note the new photo of the Trio with Snape and McGonagall as they examine the poisoned opal necklace.  Enjoy!

Snape, McGonagall and opal necklace
Ginny Weasley
Dumbledore, Harry by the sea
Weasley is our King
Peeking Harry and Ron
Pensieve Slughorn speaking to young Tom Riddle

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

z

whhy arent the teachers and students ever wearing robes?
i hate how they did that in alll the movies :(

Posted by z on December 30, 2008, 10:26 PM report to moderator
SRP

Opals come in a variety of colors, from milky white with bits of color, to iridescent green/blue, to orange fire opal. Those opals look great; they would be very expensive if they were genuine. Check out the detailed tailoring on McGonnagal’s costume….

Posted by SRP on December 30, 2008, 10:32 PM report to moderator
Moody One

I love the one of Harry and Ron peeking around the corner. I wished they were really new. We seen all these before in the trailers. Except the one with Ginny I think.

Posted by Moody One on December 30, 2008, 11:05 PM report to moderator
周雪

ohjust so many english ,i am a chinese!!!!哦!不!怎么这么多英文,我是中国人。

Posted by 周雪 on December 31, 2008, 12:20 AM report to moderator
Eeyore

These were great. Everytime we see new pics we get a better idea of just what is being included in the movie. Well, or at least, what was filmed, and we hope it makes it in the final cut.

Posted by Eeyore on December 31, 2008, 12:59 AM report to moderator
ravenclawguy1972

cool pics, i think Ginny is at WWW either looking at the wonder witch products or the Miniture puff skeins ( Arnold) such cool pics and im thinking they just used Weasly as our king as an expression, and i hope that just it as it would be very much out of place in HBP

Posted by ravenclawguy1972 on December 31, 2008, 01:05 AM report to moderator
Scully

The pictures are great. The article doesn’t say they’re new – it’s that they’re in hi-resoloution for the first time. Still, it gives some of you the excuse to end 2008 the same way you’ll no doubt continue in 2009 – moaning. Happy New Year!

Posted by Scully on December 31, 2008, 02:14 AM report to moderator
Debbie

Fab to see one of Professor Snape.

Opals can be many shades, I have one just that colour when its caught by the light

Posted by Debbie on December 31, 2008, 03:25 AM report to moderator
chemirocha

Wow – Alan Rickman looks so young in this movie. I wonder how they pulled it off…CGI probably. It looks great.

Posted by chemirocha on December 31, 2008, 05:04 AM report to moderator
Kailey

What is that stuff around Ginny suppose to be? Cause I can’t figure it out.
I do think Bonnie looks looks really good though, much older then she’s looked in the pervous movies.

Posted by Kailey on December 31, 2008, 05:44 AM report to moderator
Jordan

You got my hopes up! We’ve seen all of these before… :(

Posted by Jordan on December 31, 2008, 06:13 AM report to moderator
Aggi

Wow they are brilliant, my fave is the opal necklace, that means snape’s going to be in that scene which will be brilliant.

Posted by Aggi on December 31, 2008, 06:35 AM report to moderator
Freya

i’m sure of seen these before-the one of ron is on the english 2009 harry potter calender of movie 6…

Posted by Freya on December 31, 2008, 06:36 AM report to moderator
Shivi

They’re all cool !!! And I’ve seen all of them before either in trailers or other photos !!!! But yet Ginny’s photo is awesome !!!! And Snape’s hair is not looking very greasy, is it ?

Posted by Shivi on December 31, 2008, 07:49 AM report to moderator
Rolf

Wow! Yes some were very similar to previously seen photos but I love the Opal Necklace and Ginny looked really pretty

Posted by Rolf on December 31, 2008, 09:18 AM report to moderator

"Well, er, if you must know, Ginny, er, walked in on me the other day when I was -- well, never mind -- the point is, she spotted me doing something and I, um, I asked her not to mention it to anybody. I must say, I did think she'd keep her word. It's not