Arthur Levine Reads "Fountain of Fair Fortune" from "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" by JK Rowling (Updated)

Books
December 04, 2008, 12:11 AM

As promised, Scholastic has now released video of Arthur Levine, editor of the US editions of the Harry Potter novels,  reading from his handwritten copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling. In the video which you can see here, Arthur reads from the Fountain of Fair Fortune. Enjoy!

UPDATE: We now have the video for you to enjoy here in our galleries.  You can see screencaps of Arthur reading the book here in our image galleries, along with caps of the unveiling of his personal handwritten copy that is now on display at the New York Public Library. Nice High Res images are available, including this closeup of the inside featuring illustrations by Jo.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Billy

I think I’d rather read it myself first :)

Posted by Billy on December 04, 2008, 12:14 AM report to moderator
Shoshana

That was amazing. I want my book!

Posted by Shoshana on December 04, 2008, 12:33 AM report to moderator
Kevin

My book should be here in the morning.

Posted by Kevin on December 04, 2008, 01:33 AM report to moderator
givemesomeTLC

omigodomigodomigod!!! beedle is in my state in 26 minutes!

Posted by givemesomeTLC on December 04, 2008, 02:34 AM report to moderator
Katiebob

Mr. Levine did a wonderful job reading – almost Jim Dale worthy! He seems to be a most generous man.

Posted by Katiebob on December 04, 2008, 02:42 AM report to moderator
Emélie

Do’h
Collector edition out of stock on amazon fr.

Guess i’ll order the normal edition and Harry a history then ;) Not sure I can get get Harry a history at the fnac.

Posted by Emélie on December 04, 2008, 04:06 AM report to moderator
Booksie

Sorry Emelie you kind of needed to pre order it. Speaking of which guess who has one :D Well not yet, it’s a Christmas present. I have seen it though and it is very pretty. I’ll probably sit there for a while when I first get to hold it just looking at the cover, the box and velvet bag it comes in.
It was orderd months ago.

Posted by Booksie on December 04, 2008, 01:29 PM report to moderator

"You seem to be drowning twice," said Hermione.[br]"Oh am I?" said Ron, peering down at his predictions. "I'd better change one of them to getting trampled by a rampaging hippogriff."