Emma Watson Featured in Sunday Times, Attends Premiere of Tale of Despereaux

Watson
December 07, 2008, 08:51 PM

As her new film is set to open this week, actress Emma Watson is making news tonight. First the Hermione Granger attended the premiere of her new film, the animated movie The Tale of Despereaux, tonight in Los Angeles, California. You can see new photos of Emma at this event here via WireImage and here via Getty.

Also, Emma has been the feature of several interview pieces of late as part of the release of Despereaux. Yesterday MTV posted a new piece online where Emma confirmed she would be attending college or university later this fall, noting again she had applied to schools both here in the States and to those in the UK. She also addressed some rumors that we've heard about possible future film roles. Emma Watson said: I'm attached to a film called "Napoleon and Betsy," which will hopefully get shot in 2010. I've got the colossal final book ["Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows"] to finish off, and I'm going to university in September. I'm looking at scripts and auditioning. I'm very excited to do roles beyond "Potter." It's a very exciting time for me.

Today, the Sunday Times ran this article, where Emma speaks about fame, fortune, and what it is like for her when she meets new people and fans. “The parties are fun if you’re with friends,” she says, although meeting her public is often awkward. “I think it’s hard for people to know how to act when they meet me. Some people try incredibly hard to avoid anything to do with Harry Potter, fame or acting or whatever, and I really do appreciate it, but it can be quite awkward too. It’s hard meeting new people, for them to know quite what to do.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

celia

I can’t wait to see this movie! It looks so good and it has such a Brilliant cast!!! I LOVE Emma’s dress and those shoes are to die for!!! I want them NOW!!!! She looks great!!

Posted by celia on December 07, 2008, 09:18 PM report to moderator
bella

yay! 2nd comment! she looks so pretty and her shoes and dress are super cute! cant wait to see the movie.

Posted by bella on December 07, 2008, 09:26 PM report to moderator
blue-eyed-blondie

hey..emma is in LA??? i wanna see her..i live in la….emma if u read this come to beverly hills and visit me
she looks so cute with tht dress and shoes?!?!?
Movie looks so good…wanna see it now

Posted by blue-eyed-blondie on December 07, 2008, 09:28 PM report to moderator
mione

Rock on Emma!!! I can’t wait to watch the movie! It looks good! ANd OMG Emma wants to be in a musical! That would be soo good. We can see her sing! :D

Posted by mione on December 07, 2008, 10:13 PM report to moderator
Kami

I love Emma, she like the other HP stars are so incredibly humble and are great role models compared to other hollywood teen “stars”. I can’t wait to see what she does outside HP :)

Posted by Kami on December 07, 2008, 10:44 PM report to moderator
Andrea

This movie looks so cute and now, knowing that Emma’s voice is that of the Princess’, I want to see it!

Posted by Andrea on December 07, 2008, 11:19 PM report to moderator
Jim

Yawn

Posted by Jim on December 08, 2008, 05:20 AM report to moderator
Graymayne

The men manage to look as if they had just popped down the road for a drink at the pub. There is no sense of occasion and they look uniformly drab.

Posted by Graymayne on December 08, 2008, 08:17 AM report to moderator
henryyilupe

anyone read the interviews?
she actually swears and says she would go nude on screen if the movie recquired it XD

” She still loves acting, naturally — she would even, steady chaps, go nude. “Yes,” she says. “For Bernardo Bertolucci. It . . . depends. I’m not getting my kit off any time soon, but it is part of my job.”

Posted by henryyilupe on December 08, 2008, 08:32 AM report to moderator
Miriam

Grow up henryyilupe. The dress emma is wearing at the premiere is awful! Makes her hips look huge

Posted by Miriam on December 08, 2008, 08:40 AM report to moderator
Miriam

Posted by Miriam on December 08, 2008, 08:40 AM report to moderator
henryyilupe

I was just pointing it out, watned to see what everyone thought and if she’s serious or not. And the swearing isn’t a big deal, most people swear normally. It’s just the first time I’ve seen her use a swear word in an interview.

Thought the dress was nice, she looked quite good.

Posted by henryyilupe on December 08, 2008, 08:46 AM report to moderator
jonas

she’s skinny, she has hips live with it.

Posted by jonas on December 08, 2008, 08:52 AM report to moderator
BonnieRadcliffe

I love her hairdo and make up!! =D Especially the hairdo!! ^ And the dress is so beautiful!! It must be Chanel’s or Alberta Ferretti’s. She really likes that colour!! ^ I’m not so sure about the shoes, though… =/

The dress is flattering precisely because of the reason why Miriam dislikes it XD It makes her look like she has more hips, and I think that that’s for the better!! =) In my opinion, curvy women are more beautiful that toothpick-shaped women. I’m not talking about being skinny or fat, I’m talking about contours. I think women with well-placed contours look more feminine ;-)

Posted by BonnieRadcliffe on December 08, 2008, 09:16 AM report to moderator
Marcheline

The dress is okay, for a fashion runway type event – not sure it really “goes” with life sized animated characters running around, but… whatever.

As for her comments about her fans, I think she sounds a little stuck-up. It’s hard “for them to know quite what to do”? Why should they have to figure it out all by themselves? Meeting someone is a two-way situation.

Maybe Emma is a little bit socially awkward herself. Dan Radcliffe always says how much he loves meeting his fans, and he seems truly outgoing and energetic about it. All you have to do to meet new people is be nice, and show an interest in them instead of yourself.

And why is there a photo of Phoebe Price in EVERY event? Look her up on IMDB.com sometime – she’s done a total of NINE mostly unheard-of projects, what is up with her getting in front of the camera every six seconds? Ugh. She’s almost as pointless as Paris Hilton.

I think I’m more excited about the projects that Dan Radcliffe and Rupert Grint are doing outside of the Harry Potter films – they seem really intent on expanding their horizons, doing parts that really involve acting skills… although I have to reserve judgment, as I haven’t seen that Ballet Shoes film yet.

- M

Posted by Marcheline on December 08, 2008, 09:29 AM report to moderator

"Honest, Harry, they're brains -- look -- [i]Accio Brain!"[/i][br]The scene seemed momentarily frozen. Harry, Ginny, and Neville and each of the Death Eaters turned in spite of themselves to watch the top of the tank as a brain burst from the green liquid