ToyFair 08: New NECA Harry Potter Action Figures

119

Feb 17, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

As a follow up to our article from earlier today, NECA, who hold the North American license for Harry Potter products, unveiled five new Harry Potter action figures at Toy Fair 08. Included are a new Richard Harris as Dumbledore figure, new Fred and George figures, Mad-Eye Moody, and one of Harry Potter as asecond year in Chamber of Secret. In addition, here courtesy of Figures.com you can see some of the previously released products from NECA, as well as the soon to be released Lucius Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange action figures. UPDATE: Figures.com has added a new article on these items with the breakdown on the release schedule, as well as noting there are to be re-releases of the Trio and Snape figures, this time with a diorama backdrop included.

UPDATE 2: Previously we told you about the new collectible dolls due this year from Tonner , and courtesy of actionfigureinsider.com, you can see some new photos of the Voldemort, Snape, Cho Chang, Dobby, Fawkes dolls.

16 Responses to ToyFair 08: New NECA Harry Potter Action Figures

Avatar Image says:

Mad-Eye Moody is very, very much like Brendan. :D Aww, Richard Harris looks perfect.

Avatar Image says:

i hope they make a luna figure soon…oh and an umbridge figure to!

Avatar Image says:

I like how they’re not missing the opportunity of having a Harris Dumbledore! That’s pretty funny. I never liked him in the role, incidentally. It was WAY too generic greybeard old miser to me. He never felt like a real character. Gambon is better because he plays it naturally, but he’ s still not the right choice. He’s not good at doing the parts where DD needs to show warmth. I can’t see him doing his Deathly Hallows parts well.

Avatar Image says:

Thank you NECA for the Richard Harris sculpt. It’s truly just as good as Gentle Giant’s McG bust!

Avatar Image says:

The Bellatrix one is amazing! I might actually have to get that one.

Avatar Image says:

i wonder if you have to buy the fred and george figurines seperatley heh.

i want f&g! to honour freds memory! :(

Avatar Image says:

OW WOW! They look great! I might acutually have to buy the fred + George one!

Avatar Image says:

I love the Richard Harris Dumbledore! And the First Year Harry is adorable too.

Avatar Image says:

The Tonner Dolls’ hair is outrageous, I lol’ed at Snape’s doll… It definitely needs more grease

Avatar Image says:

I can’t WAIT to add those new 5 to my collection! I am so happy they made a Richard Harris Dumbledore. He was BY FAR the better choice as a Dumbledore in the movies. I still miss him in the role. Gambon isn’t right as Dumbledore. Harris needs to come back to life!

Avatar Image says:

Does anyone know how large the Dumbledore figure is to be?

Avatar Image says:

AS much as I liked Richard Harris as Dumbledore this action figure doesn’t make me happy at all, it is hideous. I really don’t know if the figures are hideous or the photo tken are that bad, Could be the photo because i have a Snape in that pose, but his jacket isn’t blue but black in the figure I bought.

Avatar Image says:

Kamion, I agree that picture was bad, but they have better ones!

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/gallery/v/ToyFair2008/neca/DSC02111.JPG.html http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/gallery/v/ToyFair2008/neca/DSC02112.JPG.html

i want Dobby! _ ha dobby kicks ass =]

Avatar Image says:

thanks Patrick, those pictures are better.the robes are splendid, but there is something in the beard and hair that ticks me off. Nevertheless I’ll will never see those in a shop in Amsterdam and the transport costs of these things are murderous when bought at the net.

Avatar Image says:

The Tonner dolls look alright, but I agree with the comment about Snape’s hair. Another thing that’s kind of bothering me is that both Cho and Draco have nicer fabric lining their robes than the Gryffindor robes do.. what’s up with that? Dobby looks cute as always!

Write a Reply or Comment