Programming Schedule for Accio 2008 Announced

Mar 18, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Upcoming fan conference, Accio 2008, has recently released the full programming schedule for their upcoming event at Magdalen College in Oxford, England. The three day conference, which takes place from July 25 – 27, 2008, will begin with an Opening Session followed by three days of formal programming from a variety of speakers on a wide array of topics related to Harry Potter. A conference for geared to ‘academics and adult Harry Potter fans,’ presentations will be made throughout the weekend on religion, the effect the series has had in other countries, ethics and evil, and the films. Further presentations will give character and psychological analyses along with a literary look at wizard rock. As we reported previously, Emer O’Sullivan and Gillian Hall will be speaking at the event, with respective presentations focusing on narration in the novel and the translation of book to film to also take place. The full programming schedule can be found at this link.

At this time, a limited number of reservations are still available for Accio 2008 but must be reserved prior to April 1, 2008. Further information on registration for this event can be found here.

10 Responses to Programming Schedule for Accio 2008 Announced

Avatar Image says:

wish i could go .. never been to a potter con…nor to Oxford.

Avatar Image says:

Ah sounds fun. I went to Accio 05 and that was fantastic fun, the feast on the Saturday was amazing and the Quidditch. I would love to go this time round but can’t afford it.

Avatar Image says:

Cool! love yo go, but can’t afford it.

Avatar Image says:

im going!! yay

Avatar Image says:

I’m going too!!!! I am already excited…..... Oxford is just so beautiful and to stay in Magdalen College is especially cool!

Avatar Image says:

If I wasn’t scheduled to work that weekend, I would be there in a heart beat, especially because I was so disappointed that Sectus 2009 was cancelled.

Alas, it’s not to be, but if I can save up the money in time, LeakyCon here I come!

Avatar Image says:

Seeing as i dont live in England and im in the process of taking SATs and ACT, i cant go, but i am going to LeakyCon! YAYAYAYAYAY!

Avatar Image says:

I USED TO GO TO THAT SCHOOL! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! right im going back rofl xD

Avatar Image says:

I WANT TO GO SO BAD!!!!!!!!! I’ve never been to the UK and it would be fun for the first time to be going to a Harry Potter conference!!!

Avatar Image says:

What a perfect setting! I went there for a Summer School and wouldn’t shut up about its resemblance to Hogwarts xD

Write a Reply or Comment