PotterCast 141: Oh Frak!

364

Mar 04, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Tonight we bring you the 141st episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, with none other than Frak subbing for our academically involved John this episode. In the news this week, Melissa, Sue, and Frak talk about Dan Radcliffe’s win for his role in “Equus” at the WhatsOnStage Theatre Awards along with awards for his fellow cast members, Jo’s continued efforts with the Children’s Voice Campaign, Julie Walters being named a Commander of the British Empire, along with much more. We also discuss the new We Are Wizards documentary, which has been accepted to the South by Southwest Film Festival. Bit-by-Bit then features the next section of Chapter 8 of “Deathly Hallows” where we cover Bill and Fleur’s wedding and the the return of some past characters. Phoenix Files is next bringing you Harry’s first Occlumency lesson with Snape and more. After that, our Scribby5 girls return for more on their latest spoof essays. Finally, we have updates for you on the PotterCast Acting Troupe Auditions, the deadline for which has been moved to March 8th! To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“Oh Frak!”

-Half Blood Prince trailer, maybe?
- We Are Wizards documentary.
- More from Bill and Fleur’s wedding.
- The purpose of Snape’s ˜torture’ pack.
- Discussing the spoof essay “CIA ’ Secretly copied Deathly Hallows Manuscript to Change Plot Lines.”
- PotterCast Acting Troupe Auditions extended until March 8th.

RT: 1:01:47

Editors: Jeff Gregory, Samantha McManus, Liz Turney and Andrew Garner

Scribbulus
LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
Podcast Alley
Digg
Terminus 2008

Direct download (28 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (7 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

46 Responses to PotterCast 141: Oh Frak!

Avatar Image says:

Im sad to see John not appearing in the podcast for the next couple of weeks, but it is was still a great episode

Avatar Image says:

Is it just me, or is anybody else having trouble downloading this episode on iTunes????

Avatar Image says:

I’m having trouble downloading it too. :( hmmm. I wonder if we are all trying to download at the same time and slowing it up?

AWESOME! New PotterCast

Avatar Image says:

yea, my itunes will not update pottercast

Avatar Image says:

yep, not working on itunes. Direct download from the link here worked though.

Avatar Image says:

John will always be what makes Pottercast with his Juno humor, but Frak was a nice little replacement! : )

Baahhhhh iTunes you suck. :(

Avatar Image says:

I can’t get it tot download off of itunes either.

Avatar Image says:

Hey guys: Sorry for the delay, the show will be back online shortly! :)

Avatar Image says:

Don’t forget to vote on podcast alley , we want to be number one !!!!!!!!!!

thanks Edward!

Avatar Image says:

not updating on iTunes :( how shortly edward? lol

Avatar Image says:

Not updating on i-tunes this side either :-( . Waiting…waiting…waiting…

Avatar Image says:

iTunes doesn’t pick it up either, but I’m also still missing PC 126 Fred the Armadillo and PC 128 Hufflepuff Shoes and the direct download links don’t work. :(

iTunes :(

Anyways, Ill just direct download and put it on my iPod.

Avatar Image says:

:( almost 8 am. was kinda hoping to have it so i can listen to it at work.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t download! :( snif snif…......

Avatar Image says:

For some reason, the podcast link on the right side of the page still plays last week’s pottercast. Anyone else have this problem?

Hermionetwin,

Yeah, i’m having that problem too. >:(

Avatar Image says:

Leaky might be having some problems because I can’t get to the LeakyCon page.

Avatar Image says:

oh god, I love Frak and I really really wanna’ hear this episode!

freakin’ iTunes!

Avatar Image says:

I can get it off the direct download but it cuts off at Scribbulus!!!

Avatar Image says:

Figures, the 1st week I subscribe, iTunes has a problem.

Avatar Image says:

i had a hard time downloading it too but i got it!!! but i’m gonna miss John =[

Avatar Image says:

Anyone else think Frak’s track is slightly off-synch with everyone else? Seems to me he reacts to a couple things awfully quickly (like before they’re said) a couple times in the ‘cast. Or is his wit THAT sharp? ;)

Avatar Image says:

damm you itunes im desperate to listen :( !!!!!!!!!!! pottercast rocks!! :)

Avatar Image says:

the link on the side of the page is only showing pc 140! aggh! i want to listen!

Avatar Image says:

love the pottercast… but Frak’s track was about 2 or 3 seconds too soon, based on Melvin’s and Sue’s responses… might need to re-edit it… but it was very good!

Avatar Image says:

...but the “sync” problem is only in the intro chatter…. not in Bit by Bit nor Phoenix Files… just to clear that up :-)

Battlestar? anyone?

Avatar Image says:

Since John is now canon, you should give him the nickname “pwned by Augusta Longbottom”... p-bal (pronounced pee-ball) or maybe that’s too cruel… hmmm… (and, sorry ‘bout the “Mevlin” above… didn’t know you disliked it so, Melissa! :-(

Avatar Image says:

its not downloading on itunes yet… what going on???

Avatar Image says:

YAY k its working now, thanks edward!!

i miss john and all his random comments = (

Avatar Image says:

I really really like frak…....and john too….ALL FOUR OF DEM SHULD B IN PC sumtime…..!!

Avatar Image says:

Caracticus is right (and I’m not just saying that because s/he agreed with me about the Frak-in-synch issue).

How ‘bout instead of riffing on “John” for his nickname (nearly impossible) riff on “Dawlish” instead. Like, “Daw-lene” ?

BTW, after he graduates I hope he’ll post his showreel here. I’d be nice to see what he’s been working on all these years. Or has that already been done?

PS, I was shocked and amazed at 30 large for Jingle Spells. Congratulations to everyone involved for truly making a difference and being a force for positive change in this World. And I say that even though I am not running for office. :)

“IT’D be nice…”

“32 large!”

Avatar Image says:

Melissa ______seems you do not like being called Melvin[ because of the conotations of it] but you have no problem with insulting people named Jeannine and implying people with this name are somehow stupid ,boring or in some way inferrier to other people.Since this IS my name I take it personal and since JKR’s youngest daughter has a shortened version of said name [ Jean ]as her middle name I am sure Jo does NOT find it a name for stupid people.Quiet the contrary. Shame on you Melissa.It is so very mean of you to hurt people who have supported both you and your site for a long time.

Avatar Image says:

Hulka: Lighten up, Jeannine.

Avatar Image says:

I root for the name Muriel. already has the muggle stigma….but it also has a Auntie Muriel stigma too…perhaps a bit too strong of a stigma… ok, perhaps not. oh well

Awh, no! Pottercast isn’t the same without John! =[

I LOVE pottercast!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

btw my name is also Jeannine!!!

Avatar Image says:

Guys we need to vote on podcasat alley we only have 3 votes for the whole month :S :(

Avatar Image says:

so like this is my second pot cast and i’m becoming addicted, though i have to say the first one i listed too(two weeks ago, the one where they talked about harry and ginny’s kiss) was much funnier, could be just a one time thing but i think it’s because of john he was just so hilarious.

any how. i am intersted about the last bit they talked on the show, something about sorting or some thing like. does any one has any idea what they were talking about?

Write a Reply or Comment