124

Apr 20, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Calling all Jane Austen fans! The Leaky Lounge is proud to announce that Jo’s Book Nook, our non-Harry Potter book reading group, has now started on Jane Austen’s masterpiece: Pride and Prejudice. While we can’t promise an appearance by the dashing Colin Firth, we invite you to please please join us as we read and discuss the many romantic (and sometimes very comedic) adventures of Mr. Darcy, Miss Elizabeth and all the beloved Bennet sisters in our forum. The Book Club is open to all members of the Leaky Lounge and you may join in the discussions which have just started via this link. Enjoy!

24 Responses to Attention Jane Austen Fans: Mr. Darcy Requests Your Presence in the Leaky Lounge

Avatar Image says:

It sounds completely wonderful! Though, having the most handsome Colin Firth there would definitely be a bonus!

Avatar Image says:

oh I love jane austen’s novels, (and colin too)

Avatar Image says:

Mmmmm….Mr. Darcy. Especially the Colin Firth manifestation. I’ve read P&P twice, its wonderful!!

Avatar Image says:

Oh Yay!!! Thank you Leaky Lounge! Actually I just borrowed the BBC production of P&P but I think I need to reread the book too!

Hi Laura!

Avatar Image says:

oh I just finished reading P&P!! Its the most amazing book ever!!! And I love the Kiera Knightly film version!!! Its so wonderful!!

Avatar Image says:

Oooh Austen :D I should probably join you, but I have so much stuff to be doing at the moment.

In other news, saw this on the telly a couple of hours ago..:

Rupert is finally doing something about the press making stuff up about him :D

Avatar Image says:

On first glance, I was so hoping this was a casting announcement that Colin Firth was somehow attached to a HP film. lol

Avatar Image says:

Oh darn, when I first saw Colin Firth on here I thought you would be telling us that he’s been cast for the Potter films. I’ve been saying forever that we need to get him in here somehow!

Avatar Image says:

Colin Firth would make a good . . . Prime Minister? (The Muggle one, that is, in HBP) That’s about the only role I can imagine for him in the movies.

But, indeed, the BBC miniseries with him is the BEST Pride & Prejudice adaptation out there.

Avatar Image says:

oh, i LOVE jane austen! this is so exciting!

Right up your alley!

xoxo Mammy

Avatar Image says:

OMG! This is sooo cool! After I finished reading the Harry Potter series I was so sad and didn’t know what to read. And I then I turned to my beloved Jane Austen. I have been re-reading all her books in hardcover and it has been a wonderful treat! Bravo Leaky!

Avatar Image says:

yay! I love P&P! This is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Ha… I’m just finishing up a Jane Austen binge-read in my ever growing quest to read something OTHER than Harry Potter. I’m on Mansfield Park right now… Going back to Pride & Prejudice would only set me back! It’s a lovely book though.

Avatar Image says:

My favorite book in the world. I just finished reading it for about the 20th time. Couldn’t you just ask Colin Firth to drop in?!!

Avatar Image says:

I LOVE this book! Great choice Leaky Lounge!

Avatar Image says:

requests our presence? are we to be summoned like servants? or wouldn’t he rather request the honour of our presence, would he?

Avatar Image says:

i just luv firth!he’s darcy incarnate!hahha..and of cuz…pride and prejudice is 2nd to my heart..besides HP…fllwd by Emma.

Avatar Image says:

Oh man, don’t tease a girl like that!

Avatar Image says:

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a Harry Potter fan with nothing to read is in need of a good book. Good choice Leaky

Avatar Image says:

This is sooo creepy! I’m reading this for my AP Literature class. Creepy, but cool. I’m in.

Avatar Image says:

guh, you tease! putting him on the front page and it not being a casting annoncment!

aw well, it’s been years since i read P&P but i do own the BBC version… that’ll do, yes?

Avatar Image says:

If you can’t get Mr. Firth into the Lounge, he was scheduled to be on Regis & Kelly this morning….that usually means an actor has some project to flog, and it could just be trhe leading edge of a bunch of talk show appearances!

Avatar Image says:

my favourite book except the harry potter series. if u search for “stillblushing” on youtube they have the 1995 series of the book online. about 6 hours of colin firth 2 keep u goin til hbp is released x

Write a Reply or Comment